Monday, April 29, 2024
08:40 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, February 25, 2013

Seii is on a distinguished road
Default Iran-Pakistan Gas pipe line

Pakistan is facing a shortage of 5000 megawatts of energy and the proposed IP pipeline would reduce it to 1000 megawatts . Also there will be a tremendous increase in job opportunities for the underdeveloped province of Balochistan. For initiating the project , a safer Balochistan with sound law and order system is of vital importance. Plz give your valuable comments in favour or against and whether its practical in the present state of chaos in Balochistan ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Seii For This Useful Post:
isha saeed (Wednesday, August 07, 2013)

Tehreem Biya is on a distinguished road
Default Ip gas pipeline

i think Pakistan should go for this project. as energy is the utmost need of this hour. The government should take a firm decision upon this project as it is in our benefit. America has threatened the pakistan to continue on this project. In my view, the energy crisis is more serious in contry than the threat of America
this Iran pakistan gas pipeline will not only solve our energy problems but also will take country towerds development. generation of new jobs in balochistan will improve the condition of balochistan.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tehreem Biya For This Useful Post:
isha saeed (Wednesday, August 07, 2013), Khadijha Arib (Tuesday, August 13, 2013)
41st CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 139

sajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the rough

Yes IP project is very beneficail for Pakistan as it will help boost our energy sector ending our heavy reliance on oil based electricty. it is one of the long term solutions to our energy needs.Moreover the law and order situation in Balochistan may be an issue but it does not present potential threats to the proposed project as the country is already getting Gas from Sui and other gas feild from Balochistan safely. Sabotage activities can be held under check by the security Agencies. In addition it will be better if the project creates stakes for the local population so that they become the natuarl guard against any subversive activity.
fouzia khan (Tuesday, March 12, 2013), isha saeed (Wednesday, August 07, 2013)
Old Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Seii is on a distinguished road

Thanking for sharing your views, and I was wondering if members could throw some light on as to how the IP project could play a role in making Pakistan more independent in its foreign policy ?
Old Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Captain Anas is on a distinguished road
Default Apropose to IP subject

Multi-faceted instability in Balochistan is mainly a contribution of exploitation of existing sense of deprivation by non-state elements. Masses, by and large, don't adress agenda of so called Liberation Army. Comming to point of discussion, Yes, obviously it will enhance good but chaos catalysts need to be decimated first. Americans, in existent position, are somewhat bound to push less Pakistan as they have prioritised exit of all marines and equipment in peace. India has failed, perpetually, to malign Pakistan and our core reserves of nukes remain safe. Today, however, Pakistan enjoys strategically a position to its advantage somewhat similiar to the era of eighties when it developed nukes despite acqaintance of US coz at that time Americans needed Pakistan against Soviets. Today US cant see any viable route to escape, however, they have put Northern Distribution Network under consideration but have surrendered the option being extremely expensive, lenghthy and harsh weathering.
By this it's concluded that this project though has been lingering through decades need completion now. It will increase job opportunities, confidence of diplomatic relations between the two countries inking the agreement. Insurgency in Balochistan shall be considered against iranian interest which will bring theirs efforts and planning for the subject resolution.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Anas For This Useful Post:
Abrar Javed (Wednesday, February 27, 2013), alihashmatkhoso (Tuesday, February 26, 2013), isha saeed (Wednesday, August 07, 2013)
Old Thursday, February 28, 2013

Neo[t] will become famous soon enough

Indeed it is a very good decision made by Pakistan at this time and it will not only influence on Balochistan's environment but on Pakistan's current situation also. It will increase job opportunities as well as it is a way to make Pakistan stable in different challenges which we are facing right now.
Old Friday, March 01, 2013

Captain Anas is on a distinguished road
Smile IP Pipeline: Paragraph of achievement

Notwithstanding the fact of unpredictable consequences expected to be unleashed after perpetually being warned of not being engaged in any agreement with Iran, we are done with it. Present political set-up has ultimately achieved the long-outstanding pipline deal with Iran and presidents of both countries shall inaugurate the project on our home-side of border on March 11, 2013. Recent visit of President of Pakistan yielded the finalization on our terms for loan of $ 500 million. 785 Kms pipeline has been scheduled to be completed within 15 months time span. Its $ 1.5 billion project and Pakistan has planned to import 21.5 million cubic meter gas a day. Though US foreign office has been reiterating the dire aftermaths but we should not, neither have we, compromise at the expense of our very existence to meet current economic challenges. US rhetorically claims to provide us with 400 MW but concluded a civil nuclear deal with India after which, in 2009, it surrendered to continue with underlined project. Whatever pressure may it be time has come to take indiginous decisions for indiginous socio-economic uplift and prosperity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Anas For This Useful Post:
Khadijha Arib (Tuesday, August 13, 2013)
Old Saturday, March 02, 2013
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mahmood has a spectacular aura aboutmahmood has a spectacular aura about

you think the united states will let this one be completed with success?
Old Saturday, March 02, 2013

tazimchaudhary is on a distinguished road

yes of course US will try to create the hindrance in this project coz Us does not have good relations with IRAN and at the same time US will not allow us to have a strong strategic relationship with IRAN.
Old Sunday, March 03, 2013

irtazamk is on a distinguished road

Something we should all keep in mind is who our politicians actually are. In my mind, although I desperately hope that Pakistan completes this project, I do not feel that our politicans have the guts to work against Americas will. The main reason as to why I am saying this is the timing of the deal. If Mr.president was so serious about this pipeline deal then why not have started it 5 years ago ? In my view this is just an election stunt and when the next government comes to power they will halt the production.
I do hope I am very wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to irtazamk For This Useful Post:
uroooj hayat (Monday, August 05, 2013)