Monday, April 29, 2024
01:34 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, March 14, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waqar Abro View Post
To me , democracy has brought revolutionary changes in Pakistan.
Although, it failed to adopt western or welfare-oriented democratic norms.

What i have observed in the last five years that a rickshaw driver does not think like he was thinking 5 years ago.

He is intellectually and politically liberated.
This is the beauty of democracy that people are liberated from shackles of desperation and disparity.

I can give plenty of examples in this regard. Intellectual bankruptcy was the main issue that always prevented Pakistan to emerge as a regional power.
Today, human security is given more importance than border security. Though, defense budget has not been lessened yet pressure on Army is there.
On the whole, democracy is the best form of government if its style of governance is changed in Pakistan.

Regards,
First of all, there is no second opinion on system of Democracy. Certainly, it is the best if adopted in letter & spirit. Ironically, here this word denotes- Government of elite,by the elite, for the elite.

What makes me disgruntled is the inefficiency & characterlessness of our Political Parties. These Parties are bent upon plundering & plagued with shortsightedness, west influence & family politics. We as masses even don't know 3 main characteristics of our President/PM which entitle them to assume highest office of the country for 5 years. What a pity!

Unless Political parties reorganize themselves & start functioning on democratic lines; mere recitation of word "Democracy" wont turn this dark nite into a sunny day.

Regards,

sabahatbhutta (Thursday, March 14, 2013)

alihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I disagree.

First you justify your stance then i will counter your comments
here i want to cite a quotation of Thomas Jefferson ....

A republican government is slow to move, yet once in motion it's momentum becomes irresistible.
Thomas Jefferson
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

after a long period of dictatorship, how democratic govt. works suddenly. time is required to restore the democracy and it seems that we are going to restore it. it is our first democratic govt going to complete its term. no doubt there are a lot of problems in our country , as inflation, unemployment, terrorism etc. are not solve in last five years of democracy. why these aren't solve ? this question is floating like myth.

in the five year of govt. i have never ever seen that the government working for public instead of working it had been busy in solve its own problems, like memo gate, president immunity, assassination of politicians, fake degree case, conflict b/w institutions and much more.
in these circumstances how it works ?
but there are some effective decision are taken by this govt. thing is that its good for our country that some elected governments must complete their terms. because they are accountable in front of masses after every fiver they have to come for vote.
Invincible (Thursday, March 14, 2013), Mujtaba Abbas (Saturday, March 16, 2013), sabahatbhutta (Thursday, March 14, 2013)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Let me show you positive sides comrades.
You may post myriad of problems but someone has rightly said when your own interest is not achieved you always point out negative things.

Here goes the deliverance of democracy;
  1. Judicial Populism
  2. Freedom of Media
  3. Social Media and its effects on society and Institutions.
  4. Intellectual, Political and Economic bankruptcies addressed
  5. Pluralism In Politics (First time ,in the history 216 political parties will contest general Elections)
  6. Openness in System
  7. Accountability of Army and wealth eaters
  8. Political Socialization
  9. Women rights to some extent addressed and their status also elevated (Fehmeeda Mirza, Shela Raza, Malala etc)
  10. Legacy system nosedived
  11. Mature and Harmonized Political system (APC example)
Someone has rightly said" Democracy may be the terrible system but still the best system that we know".

Neither, i am preacher and promoter of any political party nor i support governance system. I am only in favour of democratic form of government and trying to show you the other side of the picture.

Regards,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
Mujtaba Abbas (Saturday, March 16, 2013), nudret sultan baloch (Thursday, March 14, 2013), syednaveed (Wednesday, March 20, 2013)

Waqas77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
W

Can ,anyone of you, shade light on the role of democracy in the last 5 years?

Waqar Abro

Mr.Abro, democracy can never bear out a ripened fruit in such a short span of time when we speak of the conditions in this land of the PURE.
It needs continuous , uninterrupted flow as clearly stated by INVINCIBLE.
The problem is not with democracy , the problem is with the people of land.
Economic surveys and statistical reports of last 5-year governance are appalling blots on the scenery of politics as if it was poli-ticking we observed all this time.
Forget about gawadar port, IP pipeline, export emphasis and bad debt management; these decisions are made somewhere else before even briefed to politicians.
The only appreciation the govt can get is for completing 5-year term despite having domestic and international pressures.
Tersely , democracy is specified worst image by self-fulfilling, corrupt people. Fair and honest people shall now work with high spirits that democracy must prevail in future however the consequences are and whatever the situation is in the country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waqas77 For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Thursday, March 14, 2013), Mujtaba Abbas (Saturday, March 16, 2013)

nazii is on a distinguished road

All of you still presume there was a democratic system,persistant in pakistan for last years ?Infact it was a system rightly termed by Dr. Tahirul Qadri "Jhurluu Democracy".Instead debating on what we achieved in so called democratic period of last five years,we should discuss ways to ensure democracy in its original spirit.
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

"Democracy disciplined and enlightened is the finest thing in the world." Quaid-e-Azam.
Although democracy prevailing form 5 years in the country is neither disciplined not enlightened yet it is finest thing in Pakistan for time being. Democracy needs time to mature so as the politicians and people. Democracy is nothing in itself it comes from Demo i.e. people. If democracy has lagged behind; none but people are to be blamed. Democracy is a continuous and gradual process. American democracy took 150 years to mature up. Our democracy is still a crawling child. Although I am not much happy by the output of government but I am hopeful that one day this democracy will deliver what we expect from it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Thursday, March 14, 2013), Mujtaba Abbas (Saturday, March 16, 2013), syednaveed (Wednesday, March 20, 2013)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 5266

Chauhdary Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Let me show you positive sides comrades.
You may post myriad of problems but someone has rightly said when your own interest is not achieved you always point out negative things.

Here goes the deliverance of democracy;
  1. Judicial Populism
  2. Freedom of Media
  3. Social Media and its effects on society and Institutions.
  4. Intellectual, Political and Economic bankruptcies addressed
  5. Pluralism In Politics (First time ,in the history 216 political parties will contest general Elections)
  6. Openness in System
  7. Accountability of Army and wealth eaters
  8. Political Socialization
  9. Women rights to some extent addressed and their status also elevated (Fehmeeda Mirza, Shela Raza, Malala etc)
  10. Legacy system nosedived
  11. Mature and Harmonized Political system (APC example)
Someone has rightly said" Democracy may be the terrible system but still the best system that we know".

Neither, i am preacher and promoter of any political party nor i support governance system. I am only in favour of democratic form of government and trying to show you the other side of the picture.

Regards,
Dear Bro,

i am shocked to see people talking about democracy.
just ans me where it is in pakistan?
where is democracy.
un believable.what normaly everyone...thing its govt by the people for the people.blah blah.

did the policies change in pakistan?
drone attacks still there.
poor is more poor.
where is energy????
what abt employment?
every child of a country.born with a loan of Rs. 84600
..talking to political scenario?
lets come to the parliament...
hari is represented by feudal lord? is it democracy?
factory worker is represented by industrialist??? is it democracy?

poor is least concern about democracy.he concern about how he will get bread and butter? how his basic needs are fulfilled.he is least intrested in who rules the country n how?

is it a democracy.that sharif brothers.supported 18th amendment only for the cake of their third time PM ship and CM ship.
is it a democracy?
please for GOD sake.stop back mailing the general masses on the name of democracy.there is no democracy.there is just a title of democratic state.nothing else.

Last edited by Arain007; Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: avoid use of no. of punctuation marks
The Following User Says Thank You to Chauhdary Ali For This Useful Post:
determined (Saturday, March 16, 2013)
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauhdary Ali View Post
Dear Bro,

where is democracy.
un believable.what normaly everyone...thing its govt by the people for the people.blah blah.

poor is more poor.
where is energy????
what abt employment?

poor is least concern about democracy.he concern about how he will get bread and butter? how his basic needs are fulfilled.he is least intrested in who rules the country n how?

is it a democracy.that sharif brothers.supported 18th amendment only for the cake of their third time PM ship and CM ship.
is it a democracy?
please for GOD sake.stop back mailing the general masses on the name of democracy.there is no democracy.there is just a title of democratic state.nothing else.
The things you have mentioned show the bleak performance of government it has nothing to do with democracy. We should learn to differntiate government from democracy. Democracy is the saviour of humanity. Would you like to live in the shadow of boots? Democracy is dependent on social composition of a country. In Pakistan we are still learning the art of democratization. For the ineficiency of government do not criticise democracy please.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Thursday, March 14, 2013), syednaveed (Tuesday, April 02, 2013)

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauhdary Ali View Post
Dear Bro,

where is democracy.

poor is more poor.
where is energy????
what abt employment?

is it a democracy?
You need not to be shocked.
For changing policies status qou mindset needs to be changed.
You are against drone attacks,me too but have you ever thought how many religious extremists have been killed by this hot-pursuit? never.
Mental poverty is worst than social and economic poverty.
Energy is there but will of exploring the untapped natural resources is not there. If, people can come on the streets to liberate judiciary then why they do not echo voice for energy shortfall in democratic way. What i have observed is vandalism and breakdown of social harmony.
Every child is born with a loan of ....... is the fault of democracy or heavy budget burden of defense?
Yeah yeah , come to parliament. Its thousand times maturer than before. Though, it has failed to bring many constitutional amendments like counter terrorism laws etc yet 18th to 20th amendments should not be overruled.

I would not get anything by black-mailing masses. I am not Geo news owner
I know more than you what are the ground realities and for your knowledge about democracy let me share my article;
http://www.cssforum.com.pk/off-topic...aqar-abro.html

Must read it carefully,you will find many answers of your queries.

Lastly, don't be personal. For the sake of argument you have right to argue.

Read not to contradict nor to believe but to weigh and consider
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Thursday, March 14, 2013), Taimoor Gondal (Friday, March 15, 2013), Tassawur (Thursday, March 14, 2013)

nazii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
The things you have mentioned show the bleak performance of government it has nothing to do with democracy. We should learn to differntiate government from democracy. Democracy is the saviour of humanity. Would you like to live in the shadow of boots? Democracy is dependent on social composition of a country. In Pakistan we are still learning the art of democratization. For the ineficiency of government do not criticise democracy please.
You are right. we can through light on role of political parties or political setup,not on role of democracy as there was nothing we call democracy in our country for last half of decade or so.
Some of basic features of a real democratic system are:

Intrest articulation of masses
national interests are dominent over personal
fulfilment of all basic needs of people
ruling party critises the mistakes of opposition and vice virsa
maintinance of law and order

And one in the forum convincingly argue that any of these features prevailed any time in our country during 5 year tenure of our political setup

Big fishes in parliment even don't aware of the word "public".
Dominence of national interests is far away,the sense of feeling of these intrests stands nowhere
Govt criticises opposition.same is the case of with opposition,what is being done is of no interest for both of them.only point scoring goes on.
law and order situation is undebatable

So where is democracy?
The Following User Says Thank You to nazii For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Thursday, March 14, 2013)