Monday, April 29, 2024
12:54 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Furquan592 is on a distinguished road
Default Our Media and Patriotism

Where does our media stands in terms of patriotism??? In my point of view it is at lowest level for, whenever there is a question of national dignity ,role of our media would be venomous and disparaging to the country. The latest proof to assert my point is all stuff of Ajmal Kassab and Bombay Attacks etc. A so called 'jihadi' is uttering 'Bhagwan would not pardon him' ;while our media rushes off to locate his home in Pakistan. However our media demonstrates an outstanding sense of nationalism where it is not necessary at that extent e.g when Pakistan wins a cricket match etc.
idealsome (Thursday, July 18, 2013)
Old Thursday, July 18, 2013

tajmeer will become famous soon enough
Default Pakistani Media

Our media and specially some TV channels are anti Pakistan and they always take those issues very high which is very harmful for Pakistan. As like in the case of Ajmal Kasab one of our media channel even announced that he is a Pakistani before the investigation of the Pakistani govt, agencies,police etc. I suggest that govt should take serious action against those channels who announced these kind of news without proper evidence and before the announcement of the govt,because such issues are very crucial and it need very care to announce such kind of news.
Old Thursday, July 18, 2013
***CAPTAIN HOPE***
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the rough

Well it seems like you are talking like zaid hamid . But actually whole media is not against pakistan . And anchors only discuss issues . It is upto you to make your viewpoint .
afzalameenpk (Wednesday, July 31, 2013), QudsiaBano (Thursday, May 25, 2017)
Old Friday, July 19, 2013

yes bro you are right but most of tv channels doing those things which is not good for Pakistan's reputation in the international community.
Old Friday, July 19, 2013

Steven is on a distinguished road
Default Reply" Our Media and Patriotism"

You’d think that before a state spent $54 billion on a massive environment-breaking construction plan, they’d actually do a serious cost-benefit analysis. But you’d be wrong. Restore the Delta (RTD) on Wednesday, July 17 told Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP) officials at a public meeting in Sacramento that the Brown administration is “refusing to follow Esky [...]
Old Saturday, July 20, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,807 Times in 836 Posts
Call for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud of

Black sheep exists in all walks of life and media is not an exception. Most of the media houses are owned by big corporate giants and they work for their own vested interests. but still Journalism itself is the most ethical profession and those who know and abide by the ethics and codes of journalism never do such heinous things. There are many journalists who work as bridge between masses and rulers and who work to solve the issues prevail in Pakistani society. there are many others who defend Pakistan on international forums. So,we must not generalise media's role in Pakistan, it has both negative and positive aspects.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Call for Change For This Useful Post:
aniqa hashmi (Saturday, July 20, 2013), QudsiaBano (Thursday, May 25, 2017), SYED KAMRAN ALI SHAH (Saturday, July 20, 2013)
Old Monday, July 29, 2013

Rizwan Shoukat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajmeer View Post
Our media and specially some TV channels are anti Pakistan and they always take those issues very high which is very harmful for Pakistan. As like in the case of Ajmal Kasab one of our media channel even announced that he is a Pakistani before the investigation of the Pakistani govt, agencies,police etc. I suggest that govt should take serious action against those channels who announced these kind of news without proper evidence and before the announcement of the govt,because such issues are very crucial and it need very care to announce such kind of news.
I think this isn't the issue of media, its about the people of Pakistan whom literacy level don't allow them to think deeply. You tell me what percentage of people in Pakistan have their own thinking or self concious or mind power. I think, this is the need of the hour that we should think as critics as for as media is concern because everything seems like illusion especially in Pakistan regarding media. I lived in California for 6 years and belive me I get the opportunity to know what is called "human intelligence and pro-active approach and mind reading"
QudsiaBano (Thursday, May 25, 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizwan Shoukat View Post
I think this isn't the issue of media, its about the people of Pakistan whom literacy level don't allow them to think deeply. You tell me what percentage of people in Pakistan have their own thinking or self concious or mind power. I think, this is the need of the hour that we should think as critics as for as media is concern because everything seems like illusion especially in Pakistan regarding media. I lived in California for 6 years and belive me I get the opportunity to know what is called "human intelligence and pro-active approach and mind reading"
Abroad media is also free and whatever they want to say the can but they have a sense of responsibility but our media don't have it. Our media announce anything without a proper evidence and always high light those issues which is harmful for Pakistan. Abroad media people are literate but here media personal behave like they are illiterate. So these issues damage the image of our media in the eye of a common Pakistani.

Malik Ubaidullah is on a distinguished road

What i have observed is that our media rarely highlight the positive sides of our country. They only care about viewership and ratings, they will go for the issue whch can give them that even if it damages Pakistan's dignity and reputation.
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

50 Million US $ given to that media by their foreign payroll masters, and those who shower such blessings would always get something in return. This media (almost 70-80%) works against the Pakistan and its cause. The incident of Mumbai attacks is its prime example, media esp Geo Tv went out of its way to prove that Ajmal Qassab is a Pakistani, while he himself was shouting "Bhagwan won't ever pradon me for my crimes", Now this is also proved by the higher official of Indian administration that Attack on Indian Parliament and Mumbai attacks were the project of Indian admin itself to create an excuse for implementing some security policy. The media has seldom proved itself patriotic, our media copies everything of Idnians, it must also learn how to serve the National cause, they prove the worst of Indians best and our media does the opposite.

Journalism is a sacred profession and there are only few of our Journalists who are living upto its honor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
QudsiaBano (Thursday, May 25, 2017)