Saturday, May 04, 2024
06:03 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, July 30, 2013

mysterious me will become famous soon enough
Default Social media

with far reaching social media could arab see the spring and it has also contributed in a heavy turn out in recent elections of Pakistan but how far you support the awareness through social media and its future implications as our country still lacks in formulating cyber laws
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said "social media is the biggest enemy of contemperory world"

Do you support him??

rehman uddin is on a distinguished road

Well social media has emerged as another kind of media. In the presence of big media houses who can manipulate the news in any direction they want, social media has emerged as a blessing for the common man. each and every person can share his views on SM regardless of financial or political status. it is also a big source of awareness and communication.
However, inspite of these advantages there are many demerits associated with it. There is authenticity problem with news and information posted on it. People waste a lot of their useful time on it. although Pakistan don't have its cyber laws yet it has played a significant role in elections. I don't agree with the view of Erdogan as everything has its merits and demerits. there is a need to remove these demerits instead of cursing as a whole.
The Following User Says Thank You to rehman uddin For This Useful Post:
mysterious me (Tuesday, July 30, 2013)

noni gul is on a distinguished road

From Pakistan's point of view, I consider social media a real force of change. Here in Pakistan the print and electronic media constantly conceal the real fact while social media constantly portray the real and accurate information to the people of Pakistan.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noni gul For This Useful Post:
Mehria (Monday, August 05, 2013), mysterious me (Tuesday, July 30, 2013)

tajmeer will become famous soon enough

I think social media is a good alternative/substitute of Pakistani print and electronic media,because in Pakistan print and electronic media is now becoming a blackmailer rather than a responsible pillar of a state. Social media is a good platform for a common Pakistani where he/she can share freely their views,opinion,ideas and lots more about their lives,their likes dislikes,about Pakistan,and about the current situation in the Muslim world. But as every thing has some advantages and their also should be some disadvantages. As like if we see in Egypt people brought change through social media and election was held and President Morsi was become in power but again some people on the hidden agenda of some people started campaign against an elected President and putt pressure on army to kick out Morsi and as they same they did so that is a disadvantage of social media that any one can trap you and misguide you easily.
Mehria (Monday, August 05, 2013), mysterious me (Tuesday, July 30, 2013)
Old Saturday, August 03, 2013

farhanfani is on a distinguished road
Default social media

If I recall old days starting from a round dial telephone to iphone series and black and white screen to HD LED man and material are advancing gradually same goes to print, electronic and social media though couple of years ago it has proved it credibility and speacially 11th may elections was alive example of it, a heavy turn out was never seen before and all that bcz of social media but unfortunately shoe was on other foot, because cristopher hitchens says what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farhanfani For This Useful Post:
Mehria (Monday, August 05, 2013), mysterious me (Sunday, August 04, 2013), tajmeer (Monday, August 05, 2013)
Old Sunday, August 04, 2013

aniqa hashmi is on a distinguished road

if we are candid and liable tp Pakistan than Social Media is salutory for us otherwise Social media can also be use in erroneous way
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aniqa hashmi For This Useful Post:
mysterious me (Monday, August 05, 2013), tajmeer (Monday, August 05, 2013)
Old Monday, August 05, 2013

It is up to the people who are using social media for their cause and how they us it as a positive means or negative, as everything have a positive and negative aspects so we should consider that. Now a days social media is playing an important role in a country's development because through the help of social media people share their ideas, opinion, to other countries and learn their culture,languages which is helpful for those who have a plan to go abroad. In today's world social media is becoming a power because now a days multinational organization go to background investigation of a person from social media and such kind of organization also post the jobs in social media. Many organization post scholarship opportunity and a lot more we can know with the help of social media. It is a revolutionary platform for a common man to join social media and make friends in other countries to get help from them in any aspect of life.
mysterious me (Monday, August 05, 2013)

dogar1986 is on a distinguished road
Default Negative Role of Social Media in Pakistan

Social media is a source of awareness throughout the world but unfortunately here it proved to be disastorous rather than beneficial. Everyone should be rational observor and student of pakistan's current political situation but with the "blessings" of this social media , we are producing Political Extremists just like Religious extremists Taliban. We can call these Political Extremists , Social Media Jihadis. To support a political party through social media campaigns is not an issue, but hostile propaganda against your political opponents is really a problem for Democratic system. Because propoganda against political rivals on social media develops a sense of unstable and anarchic political situation in the country. Previously we were only religiously intolerant society but now we are also politically intolerant, and for this we should be thankful to our social media.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogar1986 For This Useful Post:
mysterious me (Monday, August 05, 2013), tajmeer (Monday, August 05, 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogar1986 View Post
Social media is a source of awareness throughout the world but unfortunately here it proved to be disastorous rather than beneficial. Everyone should be rational observor and student of pakistan's current political situation but with the "blessings" of this social media , we are producing Political Extremists just like Religious extremists Taliban. We can call these Political Extremists , Social Media Jihadis. To support a political party through social media campaigns is not an issue, but hostile propaganda against your political opponents is really a problem for Democratic system. Because propoganda against political rivals on social media develops a sense of unstable and anarchic political situation in the country. Previously we were only religiously intolerant society but now we are also politically intolerant, and for this we should be thankful to our social media.
I have explained that it is up to us how we are using the social media. Everything aspect of life have some pros and cons so we should be aware of that. Those who are positive will use it positive and those who is negative will obviously use it negatively.
mysterious me (Monday, August 05, 2013)
Old Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In the case of Sikander social media played a very important role and brought the truth in front of people through we can understand the importance of social media for common Pakistanis. Electronic media provide opportunity to speak only those which speak in favor of them but on social media every can speak whatever they want to speak. I think we can use social media more positive for the development of our nation as to bring truth and to make aware common people so they will play a developmental role in the society to bring change in the society.