Monday, April 29, 2024
10:20 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, September 16, 2013
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold
Default Is a truce really possible with Taliban?

Our government decided to initiate a dialogue with terrorists. In this respect they called upon APC in which all parties agreed to a dialogue. Government even intended the release of Mulaa Brother as an omen of trust and goodwill. And in return TTP murdered our senior Army officers in Upper Dir as a sign of trust and goodwill I guess.
In my opinion Dialogue or truce with Talibaan is impossible. Did our political elite and policy makers forget that these are the same people who fought brutally with each other after taking oath of a truce in Khana Kaaba? These people are not trustworthy neither they want peace. In the light of these facts I want you people to discuss if a truce is really possible with Taliban?
Irtika (Monday, September 16, 2013), Khadija Noor (Monday, September 16, 2013), madiha alvi (Thursday, October 24, 2013), Mujtaba Abbas (Monday, September 16, 2013), Mutu (Monday, September 16, 2013)
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Never possible, though dialogue is the best way to resolve that issue but unfortunately the Taliban are just pawns and players who control them do not want any peace. The main motive of TTP is just to destabilize the country, how can a dialogue make a party give up its reason to exist?

Furthermore, the TTP is not a faction of Afghan Taliban, the Afghan leadership of Taliban has denied any link by any means whatsoever with TTP, rather they had vowed to launch offensive against TTP, so we must not mix these two.

We have to acknowledge and admit that Taliban will never surrender and give up arms, we must be very sure about our course of action, TTP is an ulcer and we have no choice but to separate it once in order to evade danger to any other part of body, no matter how painful that separation might be.

We must clamp down on them, we must be very sure about our policy, no confusion must be there. The Srilankan govt got rid of Tamil Tigers when they dealt with them with iron fist, the Indians stormed the Golden temple to get rid of Khalistan movement (though it is getting stronger now) and scores of Sikhs were brutally slain there, why not wipe the TTP from the face of the Earth at once? They use the name of Islam to destabilize an Islamic State, they must be lynched for the acts of brutality they committed and for their ignominious atrocities that is below the dignity of humanity.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
Inayat Ullah Amin (Sunday, November 10, 2013), Irtika (Monday, September 16, 2013), Khadija Noor (Monday, September 16, 2013), Mujtaba Abbas (Monday, September 16, 2013), Mutu (Monday, September 16, 2013), sabahatbhutta (Monday, September 16, 2013)

Irtika will become famous soon enoughIrtika will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
Our government decided to initiate a dialogue with terrorists. In this respect they called upon APC in which all parties agreed to a dialogue. Government even intended the release of Mulaa Brother as an omen of trust and goodwill. And in return TTP murdered our senior Army officers in Upper Dir as a sign of trust and goodwill I guess.
In my opinion Dialogue or truce with Talibaan is impossible. Did our political elite and policy makers forget that these are the same people who fought brutally with each other after taking oath of a truce in Khana Kaaba? These people are not trustworthy neither they want peace. In the light of these facts I want you people to discuss if a truce is really possible with Taliban?
No any deal with terrorists is impossible. As it is said that nothing is impossible in this world but here this cannot be applied.

How can we talk with those who do not deserve talk. What they deserve is the force, attacks what they do with us.

How can we talk with the people who have not only killded thousands of Pakistanis but are killing and will kill in future.

Asif zardari was right when he warned against appeasing militants.

It looks that we have surrendered in front of terrorits' demands and we are accepting that we cannot eliminate them and they should be requested to stop killing people. And we legitimize their actions by linking their attacks with drones....!!
Mujtaba Abbas (Monday, September 16, 2013), Mutu (Monday, September 16, 2013), sabahatbhutta (Monday, September 16, 2013)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Hassan View Post
Never possible, though dialogue is the best way to resolve that issue but unfortunately the Taliban are just pawns and players who control them do not want any peace. The main motive of TTP is just to destabilize the country, how can a dialogue make a party give up its reason to exist?

Furthermore, the TTP is not a faction of Afghan Taliban, the Afghan leadership of Taliban has denied any link by any means whatsoever with TTP, rather they had vowed to launch offensive against TTP, so we must not mix these two.

We have to acknowledge and admit that Taliban will never surrender and give up arms, we must be very sure about our course of action, TTP is an ulcer and we have no choice but to separate it once in order to evade danger to any other part of body, no matter how painful that separation might be.

We must clamp down on them, we must be very sure about our policy, no confusion must be there. The Srilankan govt got rid of Tamil Tigers when they dealt with them with iron fist, the Indians stormed the Golden temple to get rid of Khalistan movement (though it is getting stronger now) and scores of Sikhs were brutally slain there, why not wipe the TTP from the face of the Earth at once? They use the name of Islam to destabilize an Islamic State, they must be lynched for the acts of brutality they committed and for their ignominious atrocities that is below the dignity of humanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irtika View Post
No any deal with terrorists is impossible. As it is said that nothing is impossible in this world but here this cannot be applied.

How can we talk with those who do not deserve talk. What they deserve is the force, attacks what they do with us.

How can we talk with the people who have not only killded thousands of Pakistanis but are killing and will kill in future.

Asif zardari was right when he warned against appeasing militants.

It looks that we have surrendered in front of terrorits' demands and we are accepting that we cannot eliminate them and they should be requested to stop killing people. And we legitimize their actions by linking their attacks with drones....!!
Guys, Its a catch 22 situation. Neither Army nor Taliban can win this battle because one fanatic can kill 100 civilians in a suicidal attack & we don't know their number & whereabouts. Undeniably, Terrorists have a put a dent in dialogue by martyring our Army officers but prudence should prevail at our side. IK & Maulana Sami-ul-haq (Maulana-Known as Father of Taliban) should expedite efforts to enforce Ceasefire in order to hold Talks leading to peace.

History guides us by saying:- There is nothing that war has ever achieved that we could not better achieve without it.

P.S: I abhor Talibans.

Regards,

courageneverdies (Monday, September 16, 2013), zokki (Friday, September 27, 2013)
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post

Guys, Its a catch 22 situation. Neither Army nor Taliban can win this battle because one fanatic can kill 100 civilians in a suicidal attack & we don't know their number & whereabouts. Undeniably, Terrorists have a put a dent in dialogue by martyring our Army officers but prudence should prevail at our side. IK & Maulana Sami-ul-haq (Maulana-Known as Father of Taliban) should expedite efforts to enforce Ceasefire in order to hold Talks leading to peace.

History guides us by saying:- There is nothing that war has ever achieved that we could not better achieve without it.

P.S: I abhor Talibans.

Regards,

I agree with Bilal. We need to deal with Talibaan with iron hands. There is no other way. These people do not want peace. Bilal rightly said peace would cease their reason to exist. They need war to ensure their presence and existence. We have already suffered a lot. We should not give them time to reposition themselves by confusing ourselves with this truce propaganda. By asking for a truce we gave them a chance to live and let live but unfortunately they don't know the value of life.
Yes I agree War is never appetizing but what if its been imposed on us?
A truce is impossible.
Bilal Hassan (Monday, September 16, 2013), Irtika (Monday, September 16, 2013), Mutu (Monday, September 16, 2013)

respectful is on a distinguished road

i slightly agree with MR. INVINCIBLE.
Dear brothers its not about to carry out a full force against the TTP and they will be destroyed, i doubt its not that simple at all.
i have reasons for why i am saying this. Let me first clear the background for you. The phenomenon of Taliban or the so called TTP is totally based on religion which is the Islamic religion. Now as according to them they are fighting against the evils of Muslims and Islam over all, they are the ones with whom a dialogue must take place.
Another aspect of the TTP are the terrorists who in the clothes of Islamist's and calling them selves Taliban are working to destabilize and deteriorate the situation in Pakistan.
Now we have to be very prudent and cautious while taking any step. I am in the favor of a dialogue with the Taliban not the terrorists. But how will one differentiate between them? the answer is through a dialogue, the Pakistan government will be able to differentiate between who wants peace and who don't.

By this the Government will achieve two things first they will be able to identify the terrorists in the TTP outfits, AND secondly if we got a peace deal with the one's who are really fighting for Islam, we will be having no trouble from them in the future while the government is busy in destroy's others groups who have no will to have peace but to destabilize Pakistan.
There are many different groups, outfits in Pakistan first we must be able to have some information about them. who wants what, and who is fighting for what, it must be distinguished between the different groups.
Lastly, it must be kept in mind that Islam is no other religion. And the one's fighting for Islam have a passion, don't ever compare them with Tamil tigers or the Sikhs of indai who were destroyed. The Muslims have the motivation of become a Martyr which has no comparison.
Take the example of Afghanistan, An Army like that of America's couldn't defeated the taliban's of Afghanistan till now. An American Army General said in an interview " that i have never seen such a determined Army(Afghan Taliban) before, at one fight we have gunned down 30 to 35 men of them, but they were so fierce and determined and were in no way to be stopped, at last we have to move back". it shows that the one in TTP fighting for Islam and motivated with the spirit martyrdom can not be stop with force, but you will surely bring an increase in their number and will result in more deteriorated situation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to respectful For This Useful Post:
mysterious me (Saturday, September 28, 2013), tazimchaudhary (Wednesday, September 18, 2013), zokki (Friday, September 27, 2013)

Malik Ubaidullah is on a distinguished road

The issue of terrorism and extremisim is a multifaceted problem in Pakistan. Counter terrorism policy must be formulated with great care and sagacity.
A research published(i've forgotten the title) in a major newspaper a few weeks ago showed that 96% of talibans are in the 16-24 age bracket. All these may not be extremists or foreign tools or 'indoctrinated minds', many of them have been forced into it by economic hardships. They are paid 15000-26000 Rs monthly for these inhuman and ignominious activities.
Still there may be some people who are the victims of drone attacks (this does not have any empirical or hard evidience but i strongly believe so) and American Imperialism. This anti-americanism is exploited by these terrorist factions.
Dealing all these categories with same 'iron fist' would be injustice. A zero-tolerance policy should be pursued to deal with outlaws but if there is any possibility of rehabilitating them, it must be availed to make them civilized and responsible citizens.
As far as the APC goes, that too is ambigous. TTP refutes democarcy and constitution of Pakistan. The APC does has not clarified channels for peace talks and the domain for negotiations. We can only hope that this APC does not become merely an official record.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malik Ubaidullah For This Useful Post:
Irtika (Tuesday, September 17, 2013), Mutu (Monday, September 16, 2013)

Mutu is on a distinguished road

Peace deals can not be successful with TTP and their allies.History is evident that all previous peace deals failed to restore peace in tribal areas.Talibanisation process has taken strong roots across the country.Military operation is the only and only solution to this menace.However,our government must carry out extensive madressah reforms to eliminate extremism.
Irtika (Tuesday, September 17, 2013)
Old Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
I agree with Bilal. We need to deal with Talibaan with iron hands. There is no other way. These people do not want peace. Bilal rightly said peace would cease their reason to exist.
They need war to ensure their presence and existence. We have already suffered a lot. We should not give them time to reposition themselves by confusing ourselves with this truce propaganda. By asking for a truce we gave them a chance to live and let live but unfortunately they don't know the value of life.
Yes I agree War is never appetizing but what if its been imposed on us?
A truce is impossible.
If you foresee,Talibans could be hunted down from every city, every town, every village, every tribe and every cave without causing thousands of more civilian causalities then lets declare WAR.

Old Tuesday, September 17, 2013

sadafnoorelahi will become famous soon enough

in my view, we have learnt enough lesson from war in war on terror and now we should try and sincerely make attempts to use the other way out-dialogue.

Declaring war on TTP is not in the best interest of the already devastated nation,that has to cope with myriad of other problems,energy shortage,food crises,inflation and the list goes on.money shouldn't be wasted on waging a war on TTP.

dialogue is the best solution.take the example of obama adminstration,even they are not waging a war on syria and trying to sort out the issue peacefully.