Monday, April 29, 2024
09:16 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, December 09, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

I can write a long post about this (and fulfill your wish of spiraling away from the main argument) but here's what I'll say: Holocaust laws do not target any minority. Laws in Pakistan specifically target the minorities.

A bunch of European countries who loosely implement these laws (such laws do not exist in the US and UK and several other European countries) do so because of their violent history, not because of their ideology or religion. Still, Human Rights Organizations (for us, human rights is too a conspiracy) constantly criticize these laws.

Your taunt about Ahmadis taking to streets can only be taken as a bad joke.

Any more favorite generalizations and (flawed) diversions you would like to invoke?

P.S. My original conclusion remains unaltered.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Rida Malik (Monday, December 09, 2013)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Any more favorite generalizations and (flawed) diversions you would like to invoke?

P.S. My original conclusion remains unaltered.
The diversions are because you are not understanding the point that an 'Islamic' Republic will do such things as keep a check on other religions just like Secular states keep a check on what they perceive as a threat to their Secular ideology and foundation of state.

Ahmadia can take to streets and face opposition from others just like Communists can take to streets and face opposition in Secular countries. However I do admit that the role of our state becomes visibly partial in dealing with situations because they are idiots , nevertheless its not intentional as there are no laws barring Ahmadia from taking to streets . You instead of pointing to flaws in system's implementation are directly attacking the core ideology of the state which is naive on your part.

Equality among citizens is one thing and equality among ideologies is another, but you have been attempting to tangle both.

ADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enoughADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rida Malik View Post
Im sure the dead people of persecuted minorities and the foreign tourists that died out of terrorists hands in pakistan, would really appreciate your wonderful sentiments and agree that your positive attitude will help eradicate all such suffering from Pakistan.
And also, it will help people bound by conservatives all over the world out of their misery.
Unless you become one of the controllers of course.
Friend!
Because of the mushrooming development of media and the negative role they are playing by inciting religious sensitivities of the people, the words of condemnation are on everybody's lips, people are considering the state responsible for each and everything bad that's happening. Even the educated lot (You, Sarrial b. and Gypsified included) don't want to analyse the situation but are condemning the state policy. Criticism means to analyse both good and bad things, you people have been criticizing the state for its policies towards minorities (which is totally baseless) but are not able to appreciate the state for its protection of minorities (Article 6-Protection of the interests of minorities) but let me remind you the case of Rimsha Masih, she's been honorably released while the Maulana sahib was arrested (Though she's unable to live a normal life in Pakistan because of her fear from the people not the state which provided her protection). So tell me where the fault lies, with the state or with the people. My point is that don't blame the state, blame those people who're responsible. For the change of people's attitude towards minorities, you need to change their minds so be patient and be contented with evolution that's been taking place.
Moreover, you people are talking about Western standards, so you're relying on false reeds.
No one but only a Protestant can become a king or queen of UK (Is this equality),
What about the massacre of 8 Pakistanis in Greece (2011),
What about the caricatures of the Prophet of Islam in France.
There are innumerable examples of the bias against the religious minorities, just Google it you'll explore all that I'm talking about.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Instead of making lengthy your diversion, I would only say that it doesn't alter my conclusion, which by the way you agreed with. Peace out.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Equality among citizens is one thing and equality among ideologies is another, but you have been attempting to tangle both.
You are free to practice your religion, that is equality among citizens. However the government will check that the whole country does not become Ahmadia. You are treating this checking as discriminatory and violation of individual liberties.

Quote:
Instead of making lengthy your diversion, I would only say that it doesn't alter my conclusion, which by the way you agreed with. Peace out.
I was not trying to alter your conclusion because you are free to derive any conclusions and I don't care about it, I was just trying to make the point clear so that ordinary readers don't get baffled

And I'll sum it up for the 'ordinary' reader again:

Pakistan is an Muslim majority country. So the state follows the ideology of Islam as interpreted by its clergy. As per this ideology, Muslims are treated as first-class citizens. Non-Muslims will always have restricted rights. This does not happen in secular countries. But Pakistanis refuse to follow secular countries. Thus they favor the prevailing inequality in society because if they don't, they will go to hell as told to them by clergy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Rida Malik (Monday, December 09, 2013)

Quote:

Pakistan is an Muslim majority country. So the state follows the ideology of Islam as interpreted by its clergy. As per this ideology, Muslims are treated as first-class citizens. Non-Muslims will always have restricted rights. This does not happen in secular countries. But Pakistanis refuse to follow secular countries. Thus they favor the prevailing inequality in society because if they don't, they will go to hell as told to them by clergy.
Exactly , but we are not barbaric and we do listen to our minorities. We are not exterminating them neither want to oppress them. However they must also learn how to live with us

ADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enoughADIL KHESHGI will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Friend!
I beseech you to just go through the text of Fundamental Rights in Chapter-1 of the Constitution of Pakistan and thoroughly read it. The rights of minorities are so dear to the state that it has been maintaining a full fledged ministry for it. You're referring again and again to the nature of our state, so it's what Pakistan is but not the one you believe it is. Pakistan is a progressive Muslim state and will remain so.
"I don't know what the ultimate shape of this constitution is going to be, but I'm sure it would be of a democratic nature embodying the essential principles of Islam" (Father of the Nation).

Rida Malik will become famous soon enough
Default Minority representation in pakistan

Glad somebody mentioned the minority ministry, minority minister Shahbaz Bhatti was murdered following the Salman Taseer incident, because he was trying to get bail for Asia Bibi. His niece is my friend, ask her, if you would, about how minority rights are protected in Pakistan..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...dead-islamabad

Last edited by Rida Malik; Monday, December 09, 2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Grammar

Friend!

As you've mentioned that you've friendship with a relative of a person who've been killed by someone, you believed was Pakistan, come on as you are biased in this discussion so you can't analyze the situation in a cool minded a and rational way so, I think, it would be a totally wastage of time to try to convince a person by argument who don't wanna be convinced no matter how strong and powerful one's argument would be. What you, Gypsified and Sarrial b. have been posting is sophistry (Telling lies for defending lies).