Thursday, May 02, 2024
05:22 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, February 07, 2014

transition is on a distinguished road
Default liberals n religious ones!!!

these days,in the light of current issue,a question is constantly tiring my mind. im encountering two types of people.the one called religious of our society and the others,liberals.
first group comprises of the people k jinhe lagta k jese muashre ko sudharna aur seedhe raaste pr chalana unhi ka farz h.they are constantly on their mission of preaching others.telling everyone what to do and what not to do,what is right and what is wrong etc.and in their opinion AMAR BIL MAAROOF AUR NAHI ANIL MUNKIR k mutabiq ye hm sb ka farz h.
and second ones are,according to them faith and religion is everyone,s personal matter.religion is not to put on ones sleeves.there should be freedom of doing everything,in a positive manner, to everyone.
though personally im more inclined towards liberals.but somehow i keep in mind this thing that,,,isnt it our basic teaching of Islam to tell others or persuade them acc to religION.??
so my question is,, A true MUSLIM CANT BE A LIBERAL..??
ek traf hmare pas orya mqbool jan aur ansar abbasi jese log hn aur dusri tarf nadeem f pracha aur kch dusre..how to balance this..
i hope u have understand my question really looking forward to an INNOVATIVE THOUGHT..
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transition View Post
these days,in the light of current issue,a question is constantly tiring my mind. im encountering two types of people.the one called religious of our society and the others,liberals.
first group comprises of the people k jinhe lagta k jese muashre ko sudharna aur seedhe raaste pr chalana unhi ka farz h.they are constantly on their mission of preaching others.telling everyone what to do and what not to do,what is right and what is wrong etc.and in their opinion AMAR BIL MAAROOF AUR NAHI ANIL MUNKIR k mutabiq ye hm sb ka farz h.
and second ones are,according to them faith and religion is everyone,s personal matter.religion is not to put on ones sleeves.there should be freedom of doing everything,in a positive manner, to everyone.
though personally im more inclined towards liberals.but somehow i keep in mind this thing that,,,isnt it our basic teaching of Islam to tell others or persuade them acc to religION.??
ek traf hmare pas orya mqbool jan aur ansar abbasi jese log hn aur dusri tarf nadeem f pracha aur kch dusre..how to balance this..
i hope u have understand my question really looking forward to an INNOVATIVE THOUGHT..
Islam is a religion of the middle path. Strike a balance!
transition (Saturday, February 08, 2014)
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

A very important question you have asked. I myself am observing the rift widening, even those issues where orders are very clear, the liberals are giving a deaf ear to Islamic injunctions. However, what Islamists do, we see in Quran whether it is right or not to call others to Islam.

کنتم خیر امتہ اخرجت للناس تامرون بالمعروف و تنھون عن المنکر و تومنون باللہ

مفھوم آیت مبارکہ: (You are best Ummah, sent for the betterment of People, you order to do what is right and abstain from the wrong, and you believe in Allah.)

So Quran says that those who are Believers must call the others to what is right and ask them not to follow the path of devil. Being a Muslim its our responsibility.

As far as your query is concerned, according to my fallible knowledge, A Muslim can't be a liberal. Islam has a binding on every Muslim to follow Islam in every matter, Islam has provided guidance from personal affairs of a Husband and wife to the affairs of State, now it requires its followers seek guidance from Islam in every matter.

لقد کان لکم فی رسول اللہ اسوتہ حسنہ

مفھوم آیت مبارکہ: (You have best example (of how to lead your life) in Holy Prophet (PBUH). )

So brother, Islam is a religion that requires its followers to follow the orders of Allah in every matter of life, be it your relations with parents, neighbors and friends or your role as a civil servant or just anything you do, and do it as Holy prophet did. For example, its Allah's order to eat what is Halal and Holy Prophet told us in his life what are Halal things.

Now, still if wants to remain a liberal, then it is his own thinking and that cannot be attributed to Islam. Islam is a religion and a complete code of life that requires its followers to follow the Islamic injunctions in whatever they do. Jazak Allah.

(May Allah forgive me if I made a mistake in above text, Ameen.)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
anum balouch (Sunday, February 09, 2014), laraibarif (Saturday, February 15, 2014), MUHAMMAD TAIMOUR (Friday, February 07, 2014), transition (Saturday, February 08, 2014)

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Moderates do believe that faith is a personal matter and they don't believe that preaching should be discontinued. The only point where they get annoyed is when 'advice' becomes 'order'. People start forcing their views on them. That is the point of dissent of moderates from the people who instead of preaching, try to enforce. I guess Nadeem Paracha might agree on this point.
As far as preaching goes, it's fine, but don't let people force their religious interpretation on you. The Holy Quran itself says, "There is no compulsion in Deen".
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
Gypsified (Friday, February 07, 2014), transition (Saturday, February 08, 2014)

@buddha
u r making much sense.
but im thinking,how poor this nation is..ek taraf zalim hukmran they jo wese e garib ko khud e mar jane pe majbur kr dain ab dusri traf taliban agye hn jo maar b khud e dete hn ,,chalo suicide k gunah se tau bcha lia qoum ko.
corporal punishments a b gain tau konsa sukun ajae ga ,,yahan tau insaf ka itna bol bala h k mazloom e peche reh jean gay hath katwane ko b.
much grieved,. im being surrounded by the people jo dimag rakhte hue b taliban ko haq pe smjhte hn.so im pouring out my heart here.
The Following User Says Thank You to transition For This Useful Post:
Buddha (Friday, February 07, 2014)

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
@buddha
u r making much sense.
but im thinking,how poor this nation is..ek taraf zalim hukmran they jo wese e garib ko khud e mar jane pe majbur kr dain ab dusri traf taliban agye hn jo maar b khud e dete hn ,,chalo suicide k gunah se tau bcha lia qoum ko.
corporal punishments a b gain tau konsa sukun ajae ga ,,yahan tau insaf ka itna bol bala h k mazloom e peche reh jean gay hath katwane ko b.
much grieved,. im being surrounded by the people jo dimag rakhte hue b taliban ko haq pe smjhte hn.so im pouring out my heart here.
At least you're not yielding in to the peer pressure and questioning the Taliban! That is itself quite an achievement these days.
The Taliban aren't coming. At least not in the near future or if they do come knocking everyone out, I'll be one of the first civilians to pick up gun against them. So don't worry :P
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
Old Saturday, February 08, 2014

MUHAMMAD TAIMOUR is on a distinguished road

Asalam u Alikum

If you refer to Quran

Allah says

"And ask the people of Moses concerning the town situated along the sea how its people profaned the Sabbath when fish came to them breaking the water's surface on Sabbath days, and would not come to them on other than Sabbath-days.Thus did We try them because of their disobedience.And recall when a party of them said: 'Why do you admonish a people whom Allah is about to destroy or punish severely?'
They said: 'We admonish them in order to be able to offer an excuse before Your Lord, and in the hope that they will guard against disobedience.'
Then, when they forgot what they had been exhorted, We delivered those who forbade evil and afflicted the wrong-doers
with a grievous chastisement because of their evildoing."(Surah-e-Araf ayat# 163-165)

-This shows that there were three kinds of people in that town. First, there were those who were openly and boldly violating the Divine rules and regulations.
Then there were some who did not violate the laws themselves but silently saw others violating them: they told admonishers that it was no good to give any piece of advice to those hardened law-breakers. Lastly, there were others who were so much imbued with the sense of honor and courage that they could not tolerate such open violations of the Divine Law. They enjoined the lawbreakers to practice virtue and refrain from evil in the hope that they would return to the Right Way, or at least, they themselves would be in a position to present the proof before their Lord that they, on their part, did their duty to admonish those
law-breakers. Accordingly, when the scourge of Allah befell that township, the only people who were delivered from it were those who belonged to the third group. According to the Qur'an, they were delivered because they had shown their concern for the eradication of evil. The other two groups were counted among the workers of iniquity and punished in proportion to the nature and extent of their crime.

Some commentators are of the view that it cannot be said with certainty whether the second group was among those who were delivered or among those who were punished, for the Qur'an is not explicit about this. According to a tradition from Ibn `Abbas (Allah be pleased with him), he was at first of the opinion that the second group was among those who were punished, but afterwards his disciple 'Ikrimah convinced him that it was among those who were delivered. But when we
consider deeply the words of the Qur'an, we feel that his tirst opinion was correct for it is obvious that on the occasion of a scourge, the concerned township was divided into two groups only. One group consisted of those who were visited by the scourge, and the other of those who were delivered from it. Now when the Qur'an is explicit that the group that was delivered consisted of those who were forbidding evil, the other two groups must have been among those who were not delivered.
This conclusion is supported by "in order to offer an excuse before your Lord", and also by the succeeding verse, It is quite clear from this that the whole township, wherein the law of Allah is openly violated, is seized by His wrath, with the only exception of those who forbid evil. One will not be delivered simply because one did not violate the Law but shall (rave to show practically that one did exert one's utmost to establish virtue and eradicate vice. This view is further supported by
other passages from the Qur'an and Hadith that this is the Law of Allah concerning collective crimes. The Qur'an says, "Fear that trial which will not involve in scourge only those who will be guilty of transgression from among you ......." (VIII: 25).
Explaining this verse, the Holy Prophet says, "Allah does not punish the common people for the sins of sinful people unless the common people connive at those glaring sins that are committed before their very eyes and show no displeasure at them, in spite of the fact that they are in a position to do so. When they degenerate to such a degree, then Allah seizes the criminals as well as the connivers".
The Following User Says Thank You to MUHAMMAD TAIMOUR For This Useful Post:
transition (Saturday, February 08, 2014)
Old Saturday, February 15, 2014

Jabar Shah is on a distinguished road

of course it is a dilemma that religious extremism is a big threat to our society
Old Saturday, February 15, 2014

laraibarif is on a distinguished road

when a person him/herself is a complete practical Muslim, it is his/her moral and religious duty to preach Islam to others...!!
Note: practicality is the condition.
aisa ni hona chahye k "dusrun ko nasihat khud mian fasihat"
one should set the standards through practice that influences people to follow that person as our HOLY PROPHET (PBUH) do.
Liberalism: first of all you will have to define liberty in an appropriate way in all matters of life..that in which matter one should be liberal and to what extent...
Note: western liberalism is complete disaster for Muslims and PAKISTAN but unfortunately it is slow poisoning our nation
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014

Default @all

so after having a look on the response of diffrent people i came to the conclusion that this house believes or seems to be intersted more in correcting others,so there is another question now,,,,if such a large number (acc to percentage) of people believes on this then why is there no effect of it on our society. why it is so restless,be chain,be sukun,full of violence,devoid of peace,selfish and all dat.now please dont say that zara num ho tau ye matti bari zarkhez etc...i think these are just delusion of grandeur at least in present age.