Saturday, April 27, 2024
01:35 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, June 20, 2014

Mini98 is on a distinguished road
Default An interview situation

Suppose during the interview the panel ask me this question.
"You are in working as CSP officer in any foreign embassy.A person who has different criminal cases in Pakistan come for visa application.That person is the close one of any CM/PM and he force you to make this process urgent without looking into legal matters and you are saying him that we have to look for legal matters.Suddenly your authorities or CM/PM call you & order you to complete that person's VISA as quickly as possible regardless of his criminal activities.What will you do?"
What will be the suitable answer to this question?

waqas izhar will become famous soon enough

i will ask the CM/PM to send me written instruction
The Following User Says Thank You to waqas izhar For This Useful Post:
Aaqib Javed (Friday, June 20, 2014)

Qacc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
i will ask the CM/PM to send me written instruction
Great Joke, In recent massacre of Lahore who was Issued written instruction.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qacc View Post
Great Joke, In recent massacre of Lahore who was Issued written instruction.?
probably no one. but did anyone ask for written instructions?

and if am joking then why don't you give a serious solution?

M Awais Malik is on a distinguished road

I faced the same kind of question in a job interview few months back.
The only difference was that there was a senior and junior having a conflict upon a critical decision which may result critical data loss of a client which may never be recovered (And junior knew from experience that will happen if he'll follow the instructions).

I answered that I will act upon the instruction if it will be given to me in written form.
But then interviewer kept dragging the question : "What if he denies to write it down for you?" I said : "Then i will respectfully refuse to follow his instruction".

I didn't get the job though
The Following User Says Thank You to M Awais Malik For This Useful Post:
waqas izhar (Friday, June 20, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Awais Malik View Post
I faced the same kind of question in a job interview few months back.
The only difference was that there was a senior and junior having a conflict upon a critical decision which may result critical data loss of a client which may never be recovered (And junior knew from experience that will happen if he'll follow the instructions).

I answered that I will act upon the instruction if it will be given to me in written form.
But then interviewer kept dragging the question : "What if he denies to write it down for you?" I said : "Then i will respectfully refuse to follow his instruction".

I didn't get the job though
hope you get a better job. assuming that this answer lead to your rejection, do you think there could have been an alternative answer?

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini98 View Post
Suppose during the interview the panel ask me this question.
"You are in working as CSP officer in any foreign embassy.A person who has different criminal cases in Pakistan come for visa application.That person is the close one of any CM/PM and he force you to make this process urgent without looking into legal matters and you are saying him that we have to look for legal matters.Suddenly your authorities or CM/PM call you & order you to complete that person's VISA as quickly as possible regardless of his criminal activities.What will you do?"
What will be the suitable answer to this question?
PM/CM won't call you. They would call their subordinates and then through the proper chain of command your immediate boss will tell you to do that. Would you say no to your boss?

It is easier to say no to the Prime Minister than to your immediate boss. That's how such things work.

As this is an interview question, the best answer would be to say No which will show your honesty. In real life situation the best way would be to stall
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:

M Awais Malik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hope you get a better job. assuming that this answer lead to your rejection, do you think there could have been an alternative answer?
I've already got one allhamdulillah .

Well seniors are supposed to be mentors for a junior in professional life and their orders should be followed immediately without a second thought in-case a junior doesn't have any clue of how to handle the current situation.

In my scenario I was told that the things will definitely go wrong if you followed his order. So by the end of the day I will be held responsible for it as i don't have any proof if he walks away.

Another informal option can be to make other co-workers witness of this whole situation so that if needed they can vow for me latter on.
The Following User Says Thank You to M Awais Malik For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
PM/CM won't call you. They would call their subordinates and then through the proper chain of command your immediate boss will tell you to do that. Would you say no to your boss?

It is easier to say no to the Prime Minister than to your immediate boss. That's how such things work.

As this is an interview question, the best answer would be to say No which will show your honesty. In real life situation the best way would be to stall
can't one ask for written instructions from immediate boss?

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
can't one ask for written instructions from immediate boss?
One can but the boss isn't liable to follow such requests. And what if he writes the instructions? What next? Are you going to do it or blow the whistle?
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)