Monday, April 29, 2024
09:41 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, May 09, 2007

awaisalikazmi is on a distinguished road
Default Generation Gap:-

A generation gap is a popular term used to describe wide differences in cultural norms between members of younger generation and their elders.This can be defined as occuring when older and younger people donnot understand each other because of their different experiences.
In west this generation gap is based on different choices of music,habits,hobbies and polotics but in our country it is directly effecting both the elders and younger generation.Here gap is not in particular of music,politics etc but the gap is prominent in every field of life.From the choice of career in upcoming life to the choice of life partner this generation gap has an effect.
It is true our elders are more experienced have a close look on life but it doesnot mean they are right in every matter.
Lets see my father is a doctor he since my birth starts thinking his son to be a doctor also.Even if have no capbility,no intrest,no temprament of being doctor but still he will impose the conditions on me that you should have to become a doctor.In the presence of generation gap i am not able to sit with him discussing my problem telling him about my intrest ultimately choosing a field opposite to my intrest.At the end what happens?there are chances that i may get succeed but more chances are of failure.So what is the result?tension for both parents and children.If this generation gap doesn't exist i can discuss everything at ease with my parents.In every home there is a cold war between parents and children on Different issues like running a separate business,not willing to do engineering etc.During early childhood children used to obey everything whether he or she likes or not but with passage of time things do change we esatblish our own thoughts and are not ready to obey anyone.This cold war destructs the atmosphere of home.It is something about choice of career.There are other aspects also as someone don't want to marry his or her cousin or at present time thinks its better to study rather to have marriage but unable to talk with parents.As they are not in position to understand thinking their decision is right.This results in increasing number of divorces or arid atmosphere at home.If at the right time both parents and children have enough friendly relations these problems can be reduced.
Some other problems like why you are wearing this faded color jeans?Why your hair cut is like this?Why you were not on lunch?questions like this increases the distance towards parents.When they were young they had all of that time.Using dresses of their own choice,hairstyle etc.Then why not for us?
It is parent's duty to look after their children activities telling them what is wrong or right.But such meaning less objections simply creat distance.
There must be limits between children and parents it is right we should give them proper respect but that respect should be from heart not due to fear.This is not respect,as we are using computer as soon as we hear the voice of steps of our father we at once switching off the monitor taking book in hand pretending that we are studying.So that he may not get angry.We must have a friendly relation with our parents.As they see us we are not studying doing something else we may have the courage to tell them i am playing a game feeling little tired getting myself fresh,in return not getting scoldings but a calm attitude all right son carry on your work but give proper time to your studies also.Respect should be from heart.
Father is the creation of God who always feel happy seeing his children frightened of him.He throughout his life thinks his children really respects him.Feeling himself king of home.My mother is responsible for the distance between me and my father.I always wished to have friendly relations with him.But every time when i did a mistake my mother said to me if you did it again i will tell your father,he will punish you.Go to bed your father is about to come he will scold you if you are not sleeping.Why you are not studying i will tell your father.These things resulted in a fear of father that he always likes to punish me.Every time i saw him my breath was stopped.
If we closely observe the society the children who have friendly realtions with parents have complete well developed confident personality.On the other hand who live in father fear atmosphere are shy,inconfident and have flaws in personality.When these children get the chance to go outside the home in some hostels they usually get indulge theirselves in wrong deeds.They take the revenge of extra ristrictions applied to them.Simply destroying their own personality.Parents are equally responsible for this.
Everyday in news papers we read the news,A young girl sucided by hanging herself.A boy of 16yrs of age has taken pesticides.A couple left home and did court marriage seeking shelter.The main reason behind these incidents is generation gap.
Being a muslim its our responsibilty that we should respect our parents and follow them.But parents must also think are they doing right?
Besides all these facts there is a proven truth that our parents love us more than any body do.They are the only giving us unconditional love.But problem is that they don't express their love boldly thats why we are unable to understand their love.If they give us the confidence of their love we can have better relations with them there is no more sincere to us than our parents.Any time in our lives when we feel the need of a true friend we must look towards our parents,but the major hurdle in development of this friendship is generation gap.By understanding eachother we can overcome this generation gap.
By above discussion i don't mean that parents always follow their children either they are doing right or wrong.They must stop us from doing wrong things but the decision related to us should be made by mutual discussion.
Regards
Awais Ali Kazmi.
Old Thursday, May 10, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

@ awaisalkazmi,

Salaam,

Agreed with you that in order to reduce generation gap there must be mutual understanding between parents and children. The best strategy for this is friendly attitude from parents and fair and honest dealing from the child. But one thing we all should remember that inspite of this big generation gap decisions of our parents for us are always far better then that of our own. If these decisions are imposed, no doubt negative emotions are created in child’s mind but in most of the cases even imposed parental decisions prove fruitful for children. For example these couples that left their homes by following blind love, they repent in the long run of life because love evaporates soon.

Anyways good views about a critical issue. Keep contributing.

Regards,
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

prieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura aboutprieti has a spectacular aura about

@awaisalikazmi

Bro. u hav started a very interesting & a well formulated topic...i agree to ur comments...In the present time main formula to save children from spoiling is to be friendly towards them...if a child feels tat his/her parents are friendly, he/she wouldn't hav to seek security from strangers outside his home...which most of the time becomes a cause of ruining the child's life....For this parents must be flexible in thier attitude and thinking, and try to understand the prblms of thier children...and try to be more coperative and friendly...

similarly children should also respect the views of their parents...if they r stopping from somthing there must be some reason behind it...may be as tat time, it might seem difficult for them obey , but they should know tat it will prove fruitful in the long run....

dear keep sharing such food for thought!

regards,

A Man Would Do Nothing,
If He Waited Until He
Could Do It So Well
That No One Would Find Fault
With What He Has Done.

Last edited by prieti; Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 02:44 AM.
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

@Awais

Agreed! In order to face the challenges of contemporary societal problems its very crucial to have a strong bonding in the relations. And this bonding is possible only when the issues are addressed in such an effective manner to come up with some constructive elements. rightly said that gender gap is a hinderence on the way towards this strong bonding of relations, so it needs to be reduced.

We all agree that this gap should be minimized by understandign each other, but what exactly makes us to understand others? Does every one have the empathy? How to make people coordinate? These are the questions which come in mind when we're going to bring a change.

Actually making people to understand others is the most difficult task, but not impossible. I really don't know how exactly we can manage to do that, but in my capacity i think social sittings, family sittings, and authoritarian style parenting can help to sort out the remedies.

Regards,

jsmawais is on a distinguished road

Just a quick reply...
In my opinion, the differences between parents & their progeny is because of media like TV, internet, films, etc. Children are guided & instructed more by these sources in the present age than their parents. This makes them averse to the teachings of their parents. They feel they are old & narrow-minded and they don't heed to their parents. Rather, they assay their parents sayings in the light of incongruous principles learnt from films, etc.
What do you guys think?