Sunday, April 28, 2024
11:11 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, September 08, 2014

white leopard will become famous soon enoughwhite leopard will become famous soon enough
People who are saying it is some kind of "propaganda" or it has been scripted by some "Non-State Actors" or "third force". They are either so dump or so blind and deaf. Mr. Khan has been saying from start that he will pull the crowd on road if he will not get justice. As far as Mr. Qadri is concerned, we know his previous record. Only due to Model town incident things have come so far (in context of Mr Qadri).
And someone was talking about Malala here. Talban attacked her and they claimed the responsibility. So what to discuss here? What is the difference between her and other people killed by taliban?
Old Tuesday, September 09, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Will someone define the word status quo for me plz . What is this phenomenon. Apparently it's a loose term which anyone can use to charge against any anything.

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Gentlemen, I'm still waiting for the evidence...

Nida Malik Alvi is on a distinguished road

all of us know since 1970 we dont have fair elections IK IS FIRST PERSON THAT STANDS FOR IT .. But lets suppose present assembly resolve and new elections held but ..let me know who is going to take responsibilty that they will be 100% fair ...... if PTI wins then another party will come to roads and claims that ...... all of them are blaming each other but none of them is taking responsibility of damage to economy of country ... firstly we need to be update ..we need advancement in technology..
our politicians usually compare systems in pakistan and america ,canada , with out understanding that pakistan is a developing country and they are DEVELOPED FULLY
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Will someone define the word status quo for me plz . What is this phenomenon. Apparently it's a loose term which anyone can use to charge against any anything.
Yes, 'changing the status quo' is a slogan that anyone can raise without thinking about it, particularly the mindless followers of Imran Khan.

In Pakistan, there seem to be two important ingredients of status quo (there are probably more than two). One, the political corruption and nepotism. How will Imran change this status quo with the help of the likes of Sheikh Rasheed and Shah Mehmood Qureshi? No one bothers to tell. How will the resignation of the PM and dissolution of parliament change the status quo? No answer. Has Imran managed to changed the status quo in KPK? Not really.

Second, the military intervention in politics, particularly its control on foreign and defense policies. A change in status quo will be the shifting of this control from military to civilian government. What has Imran done about it? He has only made it worse by weakening the democratic structure (whatever of it we have), throwing doubt on the reputation of all democratic institutions.

Another very important ingredient of the status quo is overthrowing the civilian governments through agitation and paving way for coups. On this score, again, Imran has cemented the convention and status quo.

So far, Imran has only strengthened the status quo. But the supporters of his absurd demands hardly care to give any thinking to the matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Tuesday, September 09, 2014)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Yes, 'changing the status quo' is a slogan that anyone can raise without thinking about it, particularly the mindless followers of Imran Khan.

In Pakistan, there seem to be two important ingredients of status quo (there are probably more than two). One, the political corruption and nepotism. How will Imran change this status quo with the help of the likes of Sheikh Rasheed and Shah Mehmood Qureshi? No one bothers to tell. How will the resignation of the PM and dissolution of parliament change the status quo? No answer. Has Imran managed to changed the status quo in KPK? Not really.

Second, the military intervention in politics, particularly its control on foreign and defense policies. A change in status quo will be the shifting of this control from military to civilian government. What has Imran done about it? He has only made it worse by weakening the democratic structure (whatever of it we have), throwing doubt on the reputation of all democratic institutions.

Another very important ingredient of the status quo is overthrowing the civilian governments through agitation and paving way for coups. On this score, again, Imran has cemented the convention and status quo.

So far, Imran has only strengthened the status quo. But the supporters of his absurd demands hardly care to give any thinking to the matter.
So basically status quo has many dimensions . Actually I was speaking to a friend yesterday who is an officer in the army, we were discussing about politics and he eventually managed to silence me by telling can't anyone go against the status quo, I was silenced because in fact I also have many complaints about the status quo . Besides silencing I also became curious to learn what actually people of Pakistan perceive from the word 'status quo' so I posted a question here . Thanx for the reply. I now assume people know very well the definition of status quo and everyone uses it for their benefit, eventually the 'strongest' definition prevails .
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I now assume people know very well the definition of status quo
I'm not sure they do. A few of my PTI friends that I've talked with mean by status quo the skewed version of the first part (political corruption and nepotism). And by change in status quo they mean something like the 'leadership of Imran with its magical wand that will set everything right'.

Quote:
everyone uses it for their benefit, eventually the 'strongest' definition prevails
To that I agree. However, 'strongest' definition is rarely the right one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Tuesday, September 09, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
To that I agree. However, 'strongest' definition is rarely the right one.
yeah but when you can't differentiate between right and wrong the 'strong' has the upper hand I guess . Truth has the ultimate strength, but it remains humble and takes a long time to establish itself . For example the truth is if you do wrong it will come back at you, but still people do wrong and it takes a long time till it comes back at them

Danish hadi is on a distinguished road

I being a very junior to you All ,will say that the agenda on which IK is right now is not supported by the army ,rather pakistani people want this indeed. Most of the people are very worried ,some are frightened from the government ,therefore they are not getting out of their homes. I think the central government should give a look to this situation in the country. I being neutral person is of this view
Old Wednesday, September 10, 2014

hasnain zafar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
PROVE IT.

Again, PROVE IT. Prove that the Malala incident was a drama. BTW, who didn't want to talk to the Taliban? The army has now decided to hit these Taliban beasts instead of wasting words talking to them. So was Malala shot on the orders of the army?

And how the hell does the Azadi march impact the ongoing operation on any way. Present a clear argument with cause and effect please.

Again, PROVE IT. Zionists are people who support the existence of a separate homeland for Jews (Israel). Believe me bro, they don't give a damn about what people in Pakistan are doing. Please tell me very clearly how Pakistan threatens the existence of Israel enough for Zionists to waste their resources. Think of me as a total idiot, so explain in detail please.

A LIE, pure and simple. IK was talking about rigging from day 1, but no one was prepared to even listen to him. Every man has a limit, so now he's talking in a language that the idiots in the government can actually understand. The same people who are know talking about accepting IK's demands "to save democracy" were making fun of him a year back. Why didn't they save democracy THEN?
Zionists support the existence of "Greater Israel" and the main hurdle is Pakistan. It is clearly mentioned in the tradition that Muslims would fought against Jews and even a stone would call and inform that a Jew is hiding behind it. But a tree will give shelter to them. The Jews believe in this tradition and that particular tree is grown in large number in Israel. A terrorist's body was shown by media having marks of Zionist community, so, it means Israel is supporting militancy in disguise.
Well, to be clear, I am not saying Israel is behind the Azadi March.. It is the incompetency, brutality, aristocracy of our political masters and its exploitation by the political jokers that is behind this!.
The Following User Says Thank You to hasnain zafar For This Useful Post:
asma mehvish (Sunday, May 03, 2015)
Closed Thread