Friday, March 06, 2015
04:03 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Cadres and Training Programmes > Specialized Training Program (STP) > Foreign Service of Pakistan

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old Monday, June 06, 2011
Tassawur's Avatar
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lahore
Posts: 1,936
Thanks: 1,598
Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,236 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahvish Shahid View Post
Farruu ..

Punjabi da paper parha c maine .. O samjh nhe aa rya

I would also rather recommend you to do have I. law and Punjabi.
both are scoring.
in 2010 i had 71 in I. law.
I didn't have Punjabi then.
Now I have appeared with Punjabi and have found it very conducive to achieving ones goal of having good marks in written.

__________________
Thanks Allah
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Monday, June 06, 2011
Mahvish Shahid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: * ! LaHore ! *
Posts: 306
Thanks: 287
Thanked 338 Times in 173 Posts
Mahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassawur View Post
I would also rather recommend you to do have I. law and Punjabi.
both are scoring.
in 2010 i had 71 in I. law.
I didn't have Punjabi then.
Now I have appeared with Punjabi and have found it very conducive to achieving ones goal of having good marks in written.



I 've no interest in Interational Law

Farru said No need to change combination.

Now Finallyyyyyy..

Indo-Pak History
Punjabi
Muslim Law
Sociology
Journalism

Bas
__________________
The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mahvish Shahid For This Useful Post:
Farrah Zafar (Monday, June 06, 2011)
  #33  
Old Monday, June 06, 2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
hani.idgaf is on a distinguished road
Default

Mahvish,
First of all I will wish you loads of luck and InshALLAH ALLAH SWT will guide you in the right direction as the Lord knows better what is best for you.

Now coming to the point, while reading your posts i felt that your English is either weak or you cannot properly express yourself. First of all, you need to focus on this aspect as your writing ability and your grammatical correctness would play a pivotal role in your success. Most of the CSPs consider the Precis & Essay Writing part to create a difference between successful candidates and the not-so-successful ones. Also, as you are ambitious about foreign service your English has to be immaculate, so work hard on it. Reading profusely would do you a lot of good and also consider buying Wren & Martin and solve the Grammar exercises from there. InshALLAH you will see a lot of improvement.

Btw I have also started preparing for an attempt in 2012. Since, I am currently working as well so that makes my task a tad bit more difficult, but InshALLAH with the prayers of my family and my faith in Allah (SWT) i certainly feel i will be able to clear the examination if its in my best interest, just need the lady luck for that added advantage.

Aspiring for: Foreign Service
My optionals are:
Indo-Pak
Muslim Law
Business Admin
Sociology
Journalism

__________________
If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hani.idgaf For This Useful Post:
Mahvish Shahid (Monday, June 06, 2011), syeda naqvi (Monday, June 06, 2011)
  #34  
Old Monday, June 06, 2011
Mahvish Shahid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: * ! LaHore ! *
Posts: 306
Thanks: 287
Thanked 338 Times in 173 Posts
Mahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hani.idgaf View Post
Mahvish,
First of all I will wish you loads of luck and InshALLAH ALLAH SWT will guide you in the right direction as the Lord knows better what is best for you.

Now coming to the point, while reading your posts i felt that your English is either weak or you cannot properly express yourself. First of all, you need to focus on this aspect as your writing ability and your grammatical correctness would play a pivotal role in your success. Most of the CSPs consider the Precis & Essay Writing part to create a difference between successful candidates and the not-so-successful ones. Also, as you are ambitious about foreign service your English has to be immaculate, so work hard on it. Reading profusely would do you a lot of good and also consider buying Wren & Martin and solve the Grammar exercises from there. InshALLAH you will see a lot of improvement.

Btw I have also started preparing for an attempt in 2012. Since, I am currently working as well so that makes my task a tad bit more difficult, but InshALLAH with the prayers of my family and my faith in Allah (SWT) i certainly feel i will be able to clear the examination if its in my best interest, just need the lady luck for that added advantage.

Aspiring for: Foreign Service
My optionals are:
Indo-Pak
Muslim Law
Business Admin
Sociology
Journalism

__________________
If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
Thank you for your pryers & reply & wishing you the same

Yes ! My Grammar is weak .. (I hate it since i came to know about it )

Now I am seriously working on this issue & Insha-Allah will be competent in it , soon.!

Expressions aren't weak ..

I can say that because my teacher complimented me, my expressions are good !

But still Will work on it by following your advice

And in Speaking i am Good with a good accent !

Thanks once again & Best of Luck !







__________________
The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Posts: 53
Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Nascent Soul is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, I wanted to ask you one thing that why have you chosen Punjabi? Is it a scoring subject or you are genuinely interested in it?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Mahvish Shahid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: * ! LaHore ! *
Posts: 306
Thanks: 287
Thanked 338 Times in 173 Posts
Mahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascent Soul View Post
Well, I wanted to ask you one thing that why have you chosen Punjabi? Is it a scoring subject or you are genuinely interested in it?


I 've chosen it for both reasons !
__________________
The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Sunday, July 17, 2011
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kohat/Rawalpindi/Islamabad
Posts: 79
Thanks: 25
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Usman Allauddin Qureshi is on a distinguished road
Default

in 2011 journalism was amongst the least scoring subjects ? so is the trend changed should we prepare anyother subject ? plz guide
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Wednesday, February 22, 2012
sinful_virtue's Avatar
35th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 35th CTP, Foreign Service of Pakistan. merit no:- 41
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sinful_virtue is on a distinguished road
Default

It's good to be passionate in life and in order to guide you, i ask you some simple questions. Why do you want to join FSP? What perception do you have about the intended career path you aspire for? I'm not a regular visitor here, don't get that much time. You can mail me on irfanb@yahoo.com
__________________
Regards

Sinful Virtue
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Mahvish Shahid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: * ! LaHore ! *
Posts: 306
Thanks: 287
Thanked 338 Times in 173 Posts
Mahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura aboutMahvish Shahid has a spectacular aura about
Smile To sinful virtue


I don't know from where I have captured this dream But... Its my dream and Passion & that's all.
I will not illustrate my answer by saying blah blah.. I wanna serve etc etc But.. I wanna join it to cherish my dream.

__________________
The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Wednesday, February 29, 2012
36th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2007
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 57
Thanks: 1
Thanked 99 Times in 37 Posts
scorpsshadow is on a distinguished road
Default

Best of luck Mehwash...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpsshadow For This Useful Post:
Mahvish Shahid (Wednesday, February 29, 2012)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Developmental psychology by sarfraz ahmad mayo sarfrazmayo Psychology including Exp. Psychology 2 Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:33 AM
Ban StreaKs of Passion sanam jehan English Poetry 0 Wednesday, December 08, 2010 10:28 PM
Dead Passion zash English Poetry 0 Monday, July 26, 2010 10:45 AM
Ayaz Amir articles Abdullah News & Articles 50 Friday, February 05, 2010 12:12 PM
A passion for justice! Silent Spectator News & Articles 0 Monday, September 01, 2008 10:08 AM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: This is not the official website of Federal Public Service Commission Pakistan. This is a non-commercial website helping individuals who intend to join civil service of Pakistan. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We do not claim that the site is an exhaustive compilation of information about Civil Service of Pakistan neither represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content contained on, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any page of this website. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete or up to date. However, honest efforts have been made to provide comprehensive information for the benefit of users. The documents and material displayed or mentioned on this site are not official copies. Please contact FPSC for updated rules and regulations governing CSS examination.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.