Thursday, December 03, 2020
10:56 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Optional subjects > Group I > Political Science

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hrstar is on a distinguished road
Default Question Regarding the application of Hobbes in modern day political systems or polic

Hello, I am preparing for the CE-2021. I wanted to know if anyone could guide me regarding the application of hobbes in modern day policy making or political systems. I am rather confused by the question.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
SikanderAbbasi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 227
Thanks: 26
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
SikanderAbbasi is on a distinguished road
Default

I also need to know how Hobbes's and Locke's political philosophy hold relevance today. Kindly share useful links if anyone has
__________________
The fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 28
Thanks: 18
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
omerakram22 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikanderAbbasi View Post
I also need to know how Hobbes's and Locke's political philosophy hold relevance today. Kindly share useful links if anyone has
Aoa Sikander, can you guide me regarding CLaw? How can i prepare it? and some specific paper attempting technique for it?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ayyiamus is on a distinguished road
Default

Hobbes is one of the modern forefathers of the idea of socialism. His work suggests two ways of planning over the human action: first, it establishes an indirect mechanism that intervenes before the action takes place by manipulating the own mechanisms of motivation, say, replacing the moral assessment with the imposture of law (the notion of ideological control over the motivation of individual action). Secondly, it establishes a more direct way to determine human action, in which coercion is a threat for those who try to avoid what the State expects (the coercive modeling of individual and social human action by the Leviathan-State, and as an effect of this, of the economic dimension). To justify this systematic way of ideological and social planning Hobbes puts together three basic concepts: first, the idea that the State is the only one capable of conceding property - and at the same time of taking it away -, second, the ideological control, and third, the notion that the State must attend the deprived and defenseless as part of its program of legitimacy of the practice of absolute power. In his works we find already the justification of the State as a despotic institution that plans the ideological factor for the human being, showing him what religion must he profess, which books can and cannot read, which ideas are pernicious and which ones must be banned, abducting the imaginary of the individual, giving him a series of particular deliberations on what is good, beautiful, and admirable, as well as what is ugly, disgusting and reprehensible. Likewise, it can be found in his work the idea that the State is the one in charge of giving to each according to their needs, say, of determining the ways of appropriation of the results of work, of establishing property as a prerogative of the sovereign (who does not comply with any pre-establish right of the individuals), and the distribution of incomes and recognitions. Likewise, his totalitarian concept of ruling out the individual as a relevant political entity represents a novelty: stripped from his freedom, ideologically controlled by a tutor who makes all the decisions about his believes, acceptable ideas, or religion through a more geometrico kind of argumentation.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
SikanderAbbasi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 227
Thanks: 26
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
SikanderAbbasi is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyiamus View Post
Hobbes is one of the modern forefathers of the idea of socialism. His work suggests two ways of planning over the human action: first, it establishes an indirect mechanism that intervenes before the action takes place by manipulating the own mechanisms of motivation, say, replacing the moral assessment with the imposture of law (the notion of ideological control over the motivation of individual action). Secondly, it establishes a more direct way to determine human action, in which coercion is a threat for those who try to avoid what the State expects (the coercive modeling of individual and social human action by the Leviathan-State, and as an effect of this, of the economic dimension). To justify this systematic way of ideological and social planning Hobbes puts together three basic concepts: first, the idea that the State is the only one capable of conceding property - and at the same time of taking it away -, second, the ideological control, and third, the notion that the State must attend the deprived and defenseless as part of its program of legitimacy of the practice of absolute power. In his works we find already the justification of the State as a despotic institution that plans the ideological factor for the human being, showing him what religion must he profess, which books can and cannot read, which ideas are pernicious and which ones must be banned, abducting the imaginary of the individual, giving him a series of particular deliberations on what is good, beautiful, and admirable, as well as what is ugly, disgusting and reprehensible. Likewise, it can be found in his work the idea that the State is the one in charge of giving to each according to their needs, say, of determining the ways of appropriation of the results of work, of establishing property as a prerogative of the sovereign (who does not comply with any pre-establish right of the individuals), and the distribution of incomes and recognitions. Likewise, his totalitarian concept of ruling out the individual as a relevant political entity represents a novelty: stripped from his freedom, ideologically controlled by a tutor who makes all the decisions about his believes, acceptable ideas, or religion through a more geometrico kind of argumentation.
Could you please exemplify any state in today's politics where aspects of Hobbe's political philosophy are adopted
__________________
The fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Day Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hrstar is on a distinguished road
Default

Hello Sikander, I have made my note on both of these if you still require them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Day Ago
SikanderAbbasi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 227
Thanks: 26
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
SikanderAbbasi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrstar View Post
Hello Sikander, I have made my note on both of these if you still require them.
Earnestly required. Please send them to my email: sikander.kalhoro.92@hotmail.com. thanks in anticipation
__________________
The fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hobbes, policy making, political system, social contract

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solved Everyday Science Papers Dilrauf General Science & Ability 7 Sunday, December 01, 2019 07:28 PM
pak affairs notes uzma khan youzaf zai Pakistan Affairs 12 Monday, October 14, 2019 11:38 PM
Required VU sociology Notes by Dr. Anwar shrd Sociology 6 Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:40 AM
The constitution of the islamic republic of pakistan, 1973[1] IMTIAZ AHMAD KHAN Constitutional Law 0 Thursday, February 14, 2013 05:40 PM
Political Science Terminology Jamshed Iqbal Political Science 0 Wednesday, November 23, 2011 01:14 AM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.