Friday, April 26, 2024
04:10 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, February 02, 2016
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
According to notification Tablighi Jamats will not be allowed to enter educational institutions.The administration will devise a system of intelligence.
Religious sermons in the mosques of educational institutions will be delivered after approval from the administration.
That seems perfect. Last year, we have seen many young, educated students going in the hands of extremists. Case in point, Saad Aziz.
Prior approval will let the university at least check the stance of preachers

Quote:
What you people say? Is it the right thing to do or just an attempt to marginalize a particular religious section of society as a reaction or hatred?
Marginalize a religious section?
Are they being banned? They are just banned from preaching. NOT being relegated to a lower status. They will enjoy all other facilities as much as other students.
They would be marginalized if they weren't allowed to study or were stopped from praying Salat.

We are all religious. No one has a monopoly on being particularly "religious".
kingfalcon (Wednesday, February 03, 2016), Man Jaanbazam (Tuesday, February 02, 2016), saba jamil (Tuesday, April 12, 2016)
Excursionist
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,478 Times in 754 Posts
Man Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura aboutMan Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura aboutMan Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazish Hina View Post
Marginalize a religious section?
Are they being banned? They are just banned from preaching. NOT being relegated to a lower status. They will enjoy all other facilities as much as other students.
They would be marginalized if they weren't allowed to study or were stopped from praying Salat.

We are all religious. No one has a monopoly on being particularly "religious".
You are so obsessed with the use of correct language. Here I used marginalized for the thing that no other religious sect is banned so bluntly at public forum ever. I am not collecting sympathy for the above mentioned sect rather I am just asking the view. And you create the hell out of the word. No offense. I ll be careful next time
mazhar mehmood (Tuesday, February 02, 2016)

qublai khan is on a distinguished road

@mazhar mahmood

1)this is not ban on tableeghi jamaat
2)there is no discrimination against pushtuns in security agencies jobs.
3)government has succeeded in curbing terror
4)the divisions among Muslims has remained in past and will remain in future.
5)it takes decades to subdue terrorist,we are good that we show progress in short time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qublai khan For This Useful Post:
Man Jaanbazam (Wednesday, February 03, 2016), mazhar mehmood (Tuesday, February 02, 2016), saba jamil (Tuesday, April 12, 2016)

mazhar mehmood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qublai khan View Post
@mazhar mahmood

1)this is not ban on tableeghi jamaat
2)there is no discrimination against pushtuns in security agencies jobs.
3)government has succeeded in curbing terror
4)the divisions among Muslims has remained in past and will remain in future.
5)it takes decades to subdue terrorist,we are good that we show progress in short time
I respect your opinion, but i did not use ban word here, i only mentioned that not allowing Jammat will make certain troubles for Govt, due to the fear of terrorist you can't stop activities that are legal and right. And secondly here i mean Punjab Govt decision for not recruiting Pushtuns for schools security, how stupid this decision is. Your third argument is totally wrong, terrorist can easily enter and can attack any place where they want. Answer to your fourth point, Pakistan is not in a position to bear more division among people, then already it has.
qublai khan (Tuesday, February 02, 2016)

abbas khan 119 will become famous soon enough

Pakistan lies on the fault line of sectarian, communal and ethnic rifts. Targeting any political or religious group evokes a great clamour from its respective followers. The decision, thus, is totally a non-sense. Besides, ideology is the basis of nationalism here in Pak, and has always been used to unite Pakistanis around a common agenda. Otherwise this is a highly diversified and stratified society. The government better to improve its surveillance and reconnaissance system rather than to exacerbate the existing state of affairs.
Man Jaanbazam (Wednesday, February 03, 2016), mazhar mehmood (Tuesday, February 02, 2016)

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

I think this is a good decision. Religion is a personal matter and everybody should be a good person, that is what Allah wants you to be.

A Secular Democratic and Liberal Welfare State of Pakistan is the only way forward. Now please if you have a problem with the words, then check their definitions before getting into an argument with me. That was the original ideology anyway according to this article in Dawn:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1222036

Pakistan had its first Hindu Law Minister approved by M.A Jinnah, so what does that tell you? We were supposed to be even more secular and democratic than India.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:
aneelbachwani (Tuesday, February 02, 2016), Man Jaanbazam (Wednesday, February 03, 2016), Nazish Hina (Tuesday, February 02, 2016), qublai khan (Tuesday, February 02, 2016)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Jaanbazam View Post
You are so obsessed with the use of correct language.
You make it sound like a bad thing

Quote:
Here I used marginalized for the thing that no other religious sect is banned so bluntly at public forum ever.
No other religious sect?
I don't know what are you talking about. Preaching students are a not a different group.

Quote:
I am not collecting sympathy for the above mentioned sect rather I am just asking the view. And you create the hell out of the word. No offense. I ll be careful next time
I didn't say you were collecting sympathy.
All I want to say is: Don't say marginalized if you don't mean it. I am yet to acquire the powers of mind reading.

It's useless to argue with you otherwise!
Man Jaanbazam (Wednesday, February 03, 2016)

qublai khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
I think this is a good decision. Religion is a personal matter and everybody should be a good person, that is what Allah wants you to be.

A Secular Democratic and Liberal Welfare State of Pakistan is the only way forward. Now please if you have a problem with the words, then check their definitions before getting into an argument with me. That was the original ideology anyway according to this article in Dawn:

Pakistan had its first Hindu Law Minister approved by M.A Jinnah, so what does that tell you? We were supposed to be even more secular and democratic than India.
the liberal and secular stete is the wish of our people.why didn't any islamist party has succeeded yet?despite clear support from establishment why did secular party like PPP won in 1970 and 1988 elections.

faith has nothing to do with state affairs.justice m munir Ahmad noted in his book that when seven religious clerics were asked to define a Muslim,they all have different answers.these were the proceedings of petition against ahamadis in 1953.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qublai khan For This Useful Post:
aneelbachwani (Tuesday, February 02, 2016), kingfalcon (Wednesday, February 03, 2016), Nazish Hina (Tuesday, February 02, 2016)

abbas khan 119 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post

Liberalism and secularism stand quite far to each other.
liberalism denotes an analogy with moderation. While secularism is separating the state and religion.

secularism and liberalism stand quite apart from each other. While liberalism is synonymous with moderation, secularism indicates separation of religion and state
should i infer from your statement that Islam has lost its relevance and secularism is now the best alternative? I think before embarking to impose secular values we should have an appraisal of our society, ,that can easily embrace the Islamic ideals than the secular values. Experimentation with secular values has failed by and large in Islamic countries i.e Tunisia, Turkey.

Rahman Ullah khan is on a distinguished road

we are the puppets of USA. it is not a good decision. Today they are banning the preaching of Islam in educational institutions or in their Mosques and tomorrow God Forbid they will impose complete ban on it.