Friday, May 10, 2024
04:20 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, July 25, 2007

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about
Default Is US-Pakistan Strategy in Afghanistan doomed?

The military “operation” against the Lal Masjid extremists is over. But most Pakistanis are worried about its fallout. Indeed, a post-mortem may reveal disturbing fissures in Pakistani state and society with far-reaching consequences. ......

President General Pervez Musharraf has said that the infiltration into Afghanistan of Taliban fighters with sanctuaries in Pakistan’s tribal areas “had been reduced” and Al-Qaeda is “on the run” in Waziristan. He added that Nato and CIA agreed with him because the “spring and summer offensives” of the Taliban in Afghanistan had been blunted.

But a US National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) just released argues exactly the opposite. It claims that Al-Qaeda has safe havens in Waziristan and been so strengthened that it now poses a direct threat to the US mainland. It criticized General Musharraf’s “peace deals” with the Taliban in Waziristan because the hiatus had provided Al-Qaeda “space” for entrenchment in the area. More significantly, it suggested that if General Musharraf wasn’t up to the job of eliminating the terrorists in his territory the US should consider taking them out with or without the permission of the Pakistan government.

This has prompted Pakistan’s Foreign Office to say that the NIE report isn’t right and that Pakistan has fully cooperated in the war against terror whenever it has been provided with credible intelligence about the movements of the Taliban-Al-Qaeda network.

So who’s right and who’s wrong?

greenhorn is on a distinguished road

It is controversial and we cannot deny the fact that US intelligence reports are always authentic and rational .However pakistan denies the allegations but the movement in tribal areas have upsurged and Ayman al-Zawahiri threats to Pakistan on open attacks in response to Lal Masjid operation implicitly shows that the tribal militants and Al Qaeda have mingled.

Regards

W.H.J

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about

Well i think , Al-Qaeda and Taliban are two different things. It is NOT the agenda of Taliban to impose any war on America. And in fact they DO NOT have any access to reach America for any purpose.

And regards the failure ofstrategy, it has been failed due to the barbaric operations of NATO and US forces in Afghanistan and sometimes in Pakistan and the cruel operations of Pakistani forces inside tribal areas of Pakistan.

These operations resulted in massacres of many innocent women, childern and elder people which has prompted the Talibans and other Afghanis who were already ruined to follow the path of nemesis.

The lynching of innocent people is justified by the inhuman stance of "collateral damage". This is tyranny.

There are people in America who raise their voice even when a DOG dies due to human neglect (See US Pet Deaths Case) but when it comes to the war they advocate bloody massacres, indiscriminate killings and crushing of people. This is hypocrisy.

They are themselves terrorist. Their war is terror. Their violence and offensive is making matters more worse.
Old Thursday, July 26, 2007

greenhorn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
Well i think , Al-Qaeda and Taliban are two different things. It is NOT the agenda of Taliban to impose any war on America. And in fact they DO NOT have any access to reach America for any purpose.

And regards the failure ofstrategy, it has been failed due to the barbaric operations of NATO and US forces in Afghanistan and sometimes in Pakistan and the cruel operations of Pakistani forces inside tribal areas of Pakistan.

These operations resulted in massacres of many innocent women, childern and elder people which has prompted the Talibans and other Afghanis who were already ruined to follow the path of nemesis.

The lynching of innocent people is justified by the inhuman stance of "collateral damage". This is tyranny.

There are people in America who raise their voice even when a DOG dies due to human neglect (See US Pet Deaths Case) but when it comes to the war they advocate bloody massacres, indiscriminate killings and crushing of people. This is hypocrisy.

They are themselves terrorist. Their war is terror. Their violence and offensive is making matters more worse.
i totally agree with you but can you justify the violent act of 9/11 ? You think the US would blow up their own main trade centres/pentagon and hurt their own people and economy for the fiasco of iraq and Afghanistan.if they did what a blunder and stupid think tanks.It is true that muslim states have always been suppressed by west and they have so not interest in muslim states.Like Bush's 5 DAYS VISIT TO INDIA AND 5 HRS VISIT TO PAKISTAN.US-INDIA NUCLEAR DEALS AND SO NOT US-PAK.Muslim states are always been used as base camps for US military operations and occupations.Obey their mandates because they have so called deadly Bombs which can Destroy 10xtimes the Earth.Why are two carriers installed in mediterenean sea? You know one carrier is good enough to destroy a country.This is perfect example of totalitarian.Dominate others and rule the world.In order to come out of this misery we need to put educational ,political,economical and social reforms and Education should be the first priority.We need to educate people ,the young youth which is vulnerable to extremists.Muslims all over the world are fighting with eachother , KURDS SHIAS SUNNIS WAHABIS ETC.This is what west is taking advantage of ,there is no integeration among the muslims of world.I will keep myself limited here.

Regards

W.H.J