Monday, April 29, 2024
04:30 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, February 20, 2008

habibrahet is on a distinguished road
Default Election 2008 In Pakistan

SALAM FRIENDS

you are welcome here, and requested to share your veiws about election 2008 held in Pakistan.

WOULD YOU WELCOME OUTCOMES OF THE POLL?

AND

Plz also shore your openion reg. poll in your area.

regards

My GoaL is to be a Failure! If I reach my GoaL, I'll be Successful and if I don't reach my GoaL, I'll still be Successful.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Habibrahet
Old Thursday, February 21, 2008

azix_zee is on a distinguished road

The elections have already had their impact. The situation in the country is getting better & better wid every passing day. I think it had brought a silent revolution into the country. Now, the forces,like the Baluch & Taliban, will have more broad based & moderate Govt: in Pakistan to deal with. The moral of the country and people will boast up.
Old Thursday, February 21, 2008
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about

Elections-2008 have brought a new ray of hope for the entire nation. Before feb 18 no one was sured regarding the credibility of elections as every one cosidered a concocted win on the part of PML-Q. But the results turned out to be completely surprising.People have shown their mandate. From the results we can reckon elections among free and fair elections in pakistani political history. We still have many challenges to be dealt pragmaticall like premiership,reinstatement of deposed judges,war on terrorism,economic recession,soaring prices of daily commodities, and the list goes on.

New government,probably formed by the coalition of mainstream parties like PPP and PML-N, have a tough time ahead. They will have to make a new and vibrant approach to the problems which nation has faced in previous years. First issue is war on terror. Though America has reitierated that it is ready to work with new and relatively moderate govt,but the new kingpins will have to take some decisive steps in the limelight of public expectations. Clearly no one will like to lose their vitality so soon.

It is obvious that the parties who are willing to work togather in centre must have cordial consensus over main issues as only strong central regime will be capable of taking some bold initiatives.PPP and PML-N are well entrenched in Sindh and punjab respectively. Their coalition can be predicted successful as they have some common motives regarding many institutional fiascos.

PML-N has laid down its conditions for making coalition with PPP which include impeachment of Musharaf, restoration of prior nov.3 judiciary, and making Aitzaz Ahsan the new premier of the country. These conditions has been termed as uncompromised by the party. America has stressed for the coalition of PML-Q and PPP but Zardari has already ruled out any option which consider Musharaf staunch loyalists.

Current elections can also be viewed as referendum regarding Musharaf's brutal and clumsy poilicies,and due to these policies PML-Q has to face the voters wrath.Moreover, this time results have also preached the message of provincial autonomy. Sweeping wins of indivisual parties in respective provinces also show that people intend to have provincial autonomy and relatively weak centre.

The first drop of rain has fallen. The new government should try to avoid
any confrontation with Musharaf so that country may be propelled on the way to prosperity.
Old Friday, February 22, 2008

awais_666 is on a distinguished road

I can surely say that now all the powerful people around here know that no matter how much powerful they are but civilians are more powerful then them and they know what is good for them i think our president also should understand i dont say that he have to leave his seat but i would suggest him that leave those people who are only faithful to money and power and think about our pakistan as our new leaders are showing an open heart to everyone they also wont show any negative things to him if he accepts them he should congratulate them for winning and stop meetings with the losers and the people who have been opted out from the people of Pakistan in my opinion President Musharraf is a respected person as he has fought for our country not just once twice in the war and he has earned everything but he is an armyman not politician or demacrate and his policies made him go away but still he is respected as armyman and if he thinks he can not leave his policies i would suggest him to leave the seat and AQ khan will be great candidate for the seat of President
Thanks
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

rigging has been done by mqm in these areas
NA 253 ,PS 126,PS 119,NA 248.
i hadn't seen those weapons which mqm workers hav taken in these areas on the election day.
who said it was full and fair election.

salam friends.

i have two of my coleags who was offered for the post of Presiding Officer during Election 2008 in pakistan.

i am sharing their experience.

1)

. He had already made necessary settings for polling station some days before. He reached at polling station on 17 Feb 2008 on sunday at noon with Polling materials (i.e. Ballot books, papers and boxes and stationery etc). after a while, some guys (Bhai log) arrived at station and requested for HIS favour. He responed positive. Then they people served him for his lunch, dinner and made proper arrangements for night(for sleeping). In the morning, when polling started, they asked him for ballot books, the presiding officer denied to hand over the matterial to them. They said, you are in our custody so its better for you do as we directed. he again denied and said. what about opposition's polling agents. then those bhai log Threated other polling agents in other words they hijecked the polling station and asked for polling materieal.The Prisiding officer then said you are as in power here, plz do in a neat and clean way with proper requirement of ballot paper, if i will not satisfied with the work of polling, i can write POLLING CANCEL DUE TO........ and advised them to do with calm and according to rule that stamping back side at ballot with signature (Initial) of APO because no one (higher authority) may not blame me for fake polling. so they (Bhai log) Polled all the day.
some axproximate figure i am telling you here
total registered vote = 2500 approx.
People visit to poll (real qty) = 150 approx.
Winner would get = 115 approx.
looser would get (bhai log) = 30 to 40

but after the polling result was as follows:
total registered vote = 2500 approx.
vote casted (total qty) = 2400 approx.
Winner got (Bhai log) = 2270 approx.
(opposition) Looser got = 115 approx.
some votes rejected.

That's the story of free and fair elections.
i am not saying all stations were hijecked, but some of them or may be most of them must faced that types of problems. (As Geo TV also broadcasted such type of videos to dayon 22-2-2008)

My GoaL is to be a Failure! If I reach my GoaL, I'll be Successful and if I don't reach my GoaL, I'll still be Successful.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Habibrahet

The 2nd experience:

He also faced such type of situation but denied to help or favour them. Then they threated him and were success for a little fake polling, but they (bhai log) faced big resistance from him. That presiding officer also made a phone call to the RETURNING OFFICER and told him all the situation. The RETURNING OFFICER replied, plz tackle it yourself and don’t ask me for any favour. Resulting, that Presiding officer is still getting some threatens from them. We will see you……..

Habibrahet

One of my colleague reached at polling station at noon or after noon to cast his vote.
Situation: the Polling station was totally hijacked and polling was about to complete. Those BHAI LOG told him, Don’t worry man, your vote have already been casted.

And now you would be watching on GEO TV who showed some area of Lahore.

I think, where ever one (any party) have hold even a little bit, He hijacked and casted these type of fake votes.

Habibrahet
Old Saturday, February 23, 2008

Wazeer is an unknown quantity at this point

Despite giving an unprecedent macro economical growth and despite savign paksitan from american factor in 9 11 and despite giving ful security to women and minorities musharaf lost.I suspect winner are for more frightned as pakistan is a a rock about to burst . Its facing ethincity which worked very deeply during election .
Winning is not the probelm.The case of PPP and nawaz league is stil weak as it has fudels and businees man within itself .
Musharaf was blackmailed by these fudels and business people which increased the apetite among masses and in result people like sheikh rashid lost.
I suspect they will go for politics of revenge which will undo pakistan and its poor elite.
The election were free and fair but were mos important though national policy will remain same but provncial policy including local goverment system will be attacked.

Last edited by amy; Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old Saturday, February 23, 2008

zaman is on a distinguished road
Default great opprotunity but

Election 2008 brought a great opportunity for the people of pakistan to bring true democracy But one thing to remeber that true Democracy is not possible without Strong judiciary.
1) Judiciary plays a vital role in safeguarding the true democracy

2) i fear that our politicians are going to make a very disastrous mistake by delaying the matter of Judiciary which must be first step for all of these.

3) i also fear that Mr ,Zardari( a notorious corrupt man) will ground the votebank of PPP by making alliance with Musharraf and by not taking his Clear Stand on judiciary.

4) Look at Mian Sb ,i watched him on televison by delivering common Press Conference with Zardari,he was totally Changed on his Stand about judiciary.He was looking so irritant ,i dont know why? Perhaps these people can only make promises outside the corridors of Government

5) We people Blame Military for intervening in Politics ,But think deeply that these are our politicians who make blunders when they are in government and they welcome Military for their personal inetersts.

6) in the era of Nawaz Sharef ,Supreme Court Chief justice was changed ,Suoreme Court was attacked,two Chief of Army Staff were changed,he intoduced military in every Civilian field.

7)President Musharaf was appointed by Nawaz Sharef ,and When nawaz tried to remove him,military take over was done By Musharaf,two people( NaWAZ & mUSHARAF ) took the country to disaster in their personal dispute.

8) if Nawaz now accepts PCO and delays the Issue of Judiciary,he will be lose the battle for ever.
these people should work for judiciary,independent media,transparency in governance.

Last edited by amy; Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 03:50 PM.