Sunday, April 28, 2024
02:39 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, May 13, 2009

nazlili21 is on a distinguished road

@ newstudent

thanx 4 sharing such valueable information.the rising level of internal oppsition to islamabad rules shows both in the boarder areas and major cities combined with the state's inability to response effective to all these problems must be redress if govt prevent its further disintegration from continuance to final failure.
but we must keep hoping for best and we should help our country and govt in such critcal situation because its not only the duty of govt but it is the duty of evey citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Memon
Anyone who says Pakistan is a failed state needs to live a week in any country in Africa. That will give him the real taste of life in failed states.

Pakistan is blessed. It's very much in the race...
Adil sahab we didn't said that pakistan is a failed state but we must face and accept the reality that pakistan is moving towards failure we must think and work we should support our govt in order to protect and make save our country 4m final failure. we should keep hoping 4 best but untill we accept this we would not be able to do work 4 our pakistan (jan se payara watan)protection. thanx

Last edited by Princess Royal; Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: posts merged
The Following User Says Thank You to nazlili21 For This Useful Post:
New Student (Wednesday, May 13, 2009)
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazlili21
Adil sahab we didn't said that pakistan is a failed state but we must face and accept the reality that pakistan is moving towards failure we must think and work we should support our govt in order to protect and make save our country 4m final failure. we should keep hoping 4 best but untill we accept this we would not be able to do work 4 our pakistan (jan se payara watan)protection. thanx
@ nazlili21:

I did not point fingers at you. Neither was I specific. That was a general statement. I am optimistic by temperament and believe in actions rather than words.

I am hopeful to get allocated in Police. And I will save Pakistan as and when need arises. I have my stakes in it.

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
Engr.Aftab (Thursday, May 14, 2009), hira imam rizvi (Monday, May 18, 2009), ramshakhan (Wednesday, May 13, 2009), Raz (Wednesday, May 13, 2009)

zaheer baloch will become famous soon enough

Dear Adil Memon .

Sir You said

"Anyone who says Pakistan is a failed state needs to live a week in any country in Africa. That will give him the real taste of life in failed states."

But Sir you mistakenly wrote the name of "Africa" you should replace it with "Balochistan", i am 100% sure it will give the taste of a failed state. Sir How can you defend this argument that Pakistan "Isn't a Failed State". A country where the govt: of a province is silent on the change of the National Anthem, where the Green Flag is humiliated daily in the city of Quetta, where Governor of the province says change of anthem means no challenge to writ, where 90% of the people from other provinces have been forced to leave thier homes in which they were living since 1930 ...... and you say ...........

To those who say "sub-theek-hai" i would say " sub-theek-nahi-hai"
Old Thursday, May 14, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Quote:
But Sir you mistakenly wrote the name of "Africa" you should replace it with "Balochistan", i am 100% sure it will give the taste of a failed state. Sir How can you defend this argument that Pakistan "Isn't a Failed State". A country where the govt: of a province is silent on the change of the National Anthem, where the Green Flag is humiliated daily in the city of Quetta, where Governor of the province says change of anthem means no challenge to writ, where 90% of the people from other provinces have been forced to leave thier homes in which they were living since 1930 ...... and you say ...........

To those who say "sub-theek-hai" i would say " sub-theek-nahi-hai"
Dear Zaheer Baloch,

You do not know the limits of degeneration. Situation in Balochistan stands no comparison with things happening in Africa. I will post some links on Africa day after tomorrow. Balochistan's misery will fade when you'll know what's going on in Africa.

Pakistan faces problems today. But every state in the world does. If you brand the entire Pakistani state as a 'failure' just because its flag is humiliated by a couple of misguided people in any street of one province, I would say it's sheer injustice.

We have different attitudes towards this issue. You pointed out two or three things that go against my stand. I can point out thousands of good things about the state of Pakistan to prove you wrong. So the argument will never end.

Pakistan's problems are not unsurmountable. Problems never are.

Regards,

Adil Memon
The Following User Says Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
moonsalpha (Thursday, May 14, 2009)

Dear Adil Memon ,

hmmm sir i cant debate with you .... you are a CSP aglo ne khuch dekh k rakha hoga may b u r right .... hope for the best thx.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaheer baloch For This Useful Post:
Adil Memon (Thursday, May 14, 2009)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the rough

Adil Memon:
Sir I consider myself a novice to have a discussion with you over this issues, yet I don’t expect a senior like you to compare our country with any of the other state for the mere satisfaction of your thoughts and stance. Being a patriot i will always say out country is great, what makes it greater are the people. What makes it sacred is the fact that It was made for the muslims of Indo-Pak to live a life which they dreamt of, the green color of our flags shows the Muslims living in this country. Our National anthem was created by Hafeez Jhalindari. He was awarded for the eloquent way in which he admired Pakistan and prayed for a better future in this anthem.
Today if you think humiliating this flag and raising slogans not to recite this anthem are entitled to be a small issue then again undoubtedly you are sadly mistaken. Any issue if not tackled on time grows to a mammoth. I accede your comments that we have our stake in it, even My best wishes are with you for a prosperous future and I respect your passion to serve our motherland but the situation in balochistan is critical is a fact.

Regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord AvaLon For This Useful Post:
Adil Memon (Thursday, May 14, 2009)

@ Lord Avalon

I agree with you Bro ...... In my first reply i didn't said that Pakistan is a Failed State but its moving towards that stage .... but my view was miss perceived ... i think some people are waiting for Pakistan to become "Africa" LOL

moonsalpha is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Problems of Pakistan

Problems of Pakistan

Source: Research by University of South Dakota

Pakistan suffers from a number of social, political, and economic problems. With a population roughly half that of the United States in an area slightly less than the size of two California's, Pakistan is experiencing unwanted growth. While projections indicate that the population growth rate of Pakistan may actually be decreasing, those same projections also predict that by the year 2050 Pakistan will have assumed its place as the third most populated nation in the world. A rapidly growing population, along with political tensions, both internal and external, and an economy trapped in a cycle of debt, all serve to prevent Pakistan from attaining the progress it needs to advance, and perhaps to survive.
  1. Internal Problems
  2. External Implications

Pakistan's chief problem is a monstrous debt. Without monetary resources with which to fight the numerous problems of the nation, Pakistan remains overpopulated and poor.

1. Sources of debt

2. Large military spending

3. Long, costly war with India

4. Trade imbalance

5. Imports exceed exports

6. Power/Fossil fuel issues

7. Debt controls budget

8. Loans total 25% of revenues

9. Loan repayments equal 50% of expenditures

10. Social, economic, and educational programs lose

The debt accrued by Pakistan has come from several sources. Primarily this debt has accumulated due to the continuing conflict with India over the Kashmir region. Kashmir is a predominantly Muslim state within India. As such, the possession of this region has been a source of contention between mostly Hindu India and mostly Muslim Pakistan. This border conflict has been raging on and off for the last half of the twentieth century. Due to these hostilities, the Pakistani government spends roughly one fifth of its budget on its military, further limiting potential spending on social improvements and programs.

Another factor in the large debt, is Pakistan's dependence on foreign oil and other imported fossil fuels. As a nation, Pakistan uses 350,000 barrels of oil per day. Of this, 293,000 barrels per day are imported. Also, 1.1 million short tons of coal are imported each year. The combination of these two alone make up a huge part of the over one billion dollar trade deficit. These resources are used primarily for the generation of power.

Due to all of these sources of debt, half of government expenditures are dedicated to fulfilling debt repayment obligations. In order to finance these payments, additional grants and loans are required each year totaling approximately 25% of revenues. This prevents Pakistan from devoting significant resources to economic development and/or social improvements.

Education

1. 61.2% of Pakistan illiterate

2. 50.0% male illiteracy

3. 75.6% female illiteracy

4. Limits opportunities of women

5. Women don't enter workforce

6. Poorly educated about family planning

7. No control of population

Perhaps the greatest loss comes in the area of education. Whether or not this is a direct result of Pakistan's economic problems, it is undoubtedly connected. With so many resources directed towards the aforementioned debt payment, educational improvements are given and inordinately low priority. In addition, Musharraf's military dictatorship has understandably not placed great emphasis on education in Pakistan. This is evident upon examination of Pakistan's overall literacy rate of 37.8% (50% for men and 24.4% for women). Literacy being defined as those over 15 who can read and write.

In terms of population, low literacy rates are often observed with high population growth. A poorly educated population is unlikely to participate in family planning or any other form of population control. Secondarily, a poorly educated populace makes Pakistan a poor choice for the foreign investors that it so desperately needs. Furthermore, the extremely low literacy rate among Pakistani women (24.4%) lends itself to a society where most women never enter the labor force, creating less incentives for them to limit the size of their families. This is best illustrated by the fact that only 38 million of Pakistan's 141 million people make up the entire labor force.

Poverty

1. Uneducated population unattractive to foreign business

2. Difficult to recruit foreign businesses

3. Only 38 million of 142 million make up work force

4. 7% unemployment, but 34% of people in poverty

5. No foreign investment

6. Pakistan remains poor

Deeply linked to the massive debt and poorly educated people, is the large portion of Pakistan's population that lives in poverty. With an average of 2,000 dollars of GDP per person (adjusted for purchasing power parity), the average citizen is forced to live off very limited resources. This is reflected in the fact that 34% of the population lives below the poverty line, despite a mere 7% unemployment. Pakistan's lack of fiscal resources is yet another barrier against foreign investment. Without foreign investment, Pakistan lacks the resources to bring about positive economic development. Without positive economic development, Pakistan is unable to attract foreign investors. Without foreign investors... you get the point.

Government

1. Military Dictatorship declared 12 October 1999

2. Parliament disbanded

3. Constitution suspended

4. International lending community will not support dictatorship
Formerly a federal republic, Pakistan's now military controlled dictatorship is a large part of the problem. With Pakistan's constitution suspended, and its parliament disbanded, any potential aid given is not guaranteed to reach its intended recipient. General Musharraf's regime has yet to win the support of the international lending community, as the World Bank has refrained from issuing an endorsement of Pakistan. Until democracy is restored in Pakistan it will be very difficult to affect any kind of positive change in other areas that so desperately need it.

Excessive Population

1. 7th highest population world wide (2000)

2. 142,000,000

3. Taxes world and local resources

4. Water, land, fossil fuels

5. 3rd largest population by 2050

6. 2.17 current growth rate

7. Not expected to significantly decrease

8. World carrying capacity not definite

9. Pakistan adds to the strain

Simply put, the world can only support so many people with the resources that we have available to us. These scarce resources include fresh water, fossil fuels, and food that the earth provides. No one knows exactly what the carrying capacity of the earth is, however we do know that there is a finite number of people who can live on this planet. It is not desirable to reach this point, where our resources limit us to a point where growth is impossible. To avoid this situation we need to begin working towards lower population growth rates in every country around the world. It is especially important, though, to limit those growth rates in countries where they are highest and have the greatest potential to reach these undesirable limits.

This graph displays both the actual and projected growth rates for Pakistan over the next 50 years. It is easy to see that the growth rate is expected to decline, however, since the population will be nearly triple what it is now, even a small growth rate produces a large increase in population.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonsalpha For This Useful Post:
nazlili21 (Friday, May 15, 2009)
37th Common

It seems like i'm in trouble now. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer baloch
@ Lord Avalon

I agree with you Bro ...... In my first reply i didn't said that Pakistan is a Failed State but its moving towards that stage .... but my view was miss perceived ... i think some people are waiting for Pakistan to become "Africa" LOL
If you do not understand what your own following statement means please request someone else to help you comprehend it:

Quote:
But Sir you mistakenly wrote the name of "Africa" you should replace it with "Balochistan", i am 100% sure it will give the taste of a failed state.
You did say that Pakistan is a failed state. And Zaheer, things are not always right and wrong. The line between right and wrong often gets blurred. So when I say Pakistan is not a failed state, my assertion may be questionable on a few grounds. Yet it does not fail all tests. My opinion is not based on emotions.

@ Lord Avalon:

We both stand on equal footing for discussion. Don't taunt please. :P

Dear Lord, my approach was logical and reasonable rather than emotional. It was not my intention to hurt your patriotic feelings by comparing Pakistan with a foreign state. My purpose was to highlight the blessings we often oversee. It would have been an insult if I had adopted an approach like... Pakistan doesn't have this while Africa has it... so Pakistan is worse than it etc. So my comparison was positive and constructive. I hope you get the point.

And bro, when people insult Pakistan's flag, I call it an isolated event. They are illiterate. They don't know what is right and wrong. Pakistan will educate them soon.

@ moonsalpha:

I will not drag into an argument with you because the very heading of your appended text reads 'Problems of Pakistan'. That is not the issue under discussion here.

Regards,

Adil Memon

moonsalpha is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Failure comes from the Inherited Problems

Failure comes from the Inherited Problems

Pakistan is not a Failure state, but it has many problems that are inherited and can't be solve until we reunite and work for our own country, understand your problems then find the solution, please avoid to threw your hypothesis about your motherland.

It is not the Race to write best solution, its a race to, for one more time bring stability to our own Motherland. Words don't counts but actions do......