Monday, April 29, 2024
06:17 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, January 04, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

first of all i belive that not only media,everything has its bright and dark side.secindly we should talk here of the illitersate masses who dont know exactly to interpret correctly and fall victim to the disguise.media's rehtoric is becoming so strong that even for the educated people its becoming difficult to choose between the right and wrong.do my senior and junior fellow members think that we are in need of another parallel medium for right opinion farmation.what exactly is media's scope in our illiterate otherwise naive society???
The Following User Says Thank You to KAWISH For This Useful Post:
sameen (Monday, January 04, 2010)
Old Monday, January 04, 2010
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

I guess that people will come 2 devolop this critical thinking with the passage of time. This is a habbit of critical approach tht has 2 b inculcated in our nation. Nd i guess it has nothing 2 do wid literacy rate. Even the literate ppl of USA were completely fooled by dere media over da issues tht were in the intrest of big tycons nd were portrayed a wrong image of WMDs nd other issuez. So even in so called democratic leaders of the world the media z a tool in the hands of certain lobbies. So things ll improve gradually i believe

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
Old Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

u r right s ranjha sir in a way i wanted to hear that from someone's mouth but i still have concern about the use of media in our society.its not building any productive thng at the moment.i too believe in media's freedom but how its bais can b checked.isn't there should be a check on it?not in shape of governament or it would like be a baised keeping an eye on another's bais!!!

bella khan is on a distinguished road

Listen brother, we are not here to play a blame game. You asked how to find the truth. media is not just local tv channel or newspaper. media is so vast. you can take an example of Internet, as we are using the medium of internet right now, It is more easy for us to find the truth If we are determined. You said you are not into reading, so I will suggest search engine for you on Internet. You can login to Facebook and youtube and you can search the Truth. what is important to me is the intention behind finding the truth. If you are searching for truth to know which political group is Right and which political group is wrong, then I think you should wait for the Qayamat (Dooms Day). All you need is knowledge about basic things!
The Following User Says Thank You to bella khan For This Useful Post:
shireenshaikh (Tuesday, January 05, 2010)

u get me wrong sir im not after playing blame game.what im seeking is in fact how to get rid of it and what means for doing so?u rightly suggested me to enhance reading.net is eqally misleading most of the times.but don t agree with u that we shoul wait for doomsday for these answers.when we want to know the truth its that we are seeking solutions too.we are not here to sit idle and wait for the terminator to end our querris.as long as we live quest live for truth and for solution of our problems.this is what we profess being Muslims too.comment on what i suggested about a parallel medium for truth.
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

@ kavish

Bro as suggested by many tht u need to diversify ur knowledge nd to expand it as much u can. Dun take anything fr sure till u,ve analyzed it from all the possible angels. See through a issue from various different sources nd one thing we ppl here in pk do is tht we take 4 sure that whatever is said by forign media is just 2 destablise our country so we need nt pay heed 2 that. Read the opinion nd arguments of even ur worst enemy 2 find the real truth.
Try 2 formulate ur own opinion based on ur own research. Atleast we the educated class dun have 2 relay on ready made opinion. Nd one more thing i wud like 2 say is tht stop thinking o every thing as a conspiracy abt our country. This is v false notion put up by our media. Agreed that we hve a strategic edge but then again the world powers have more things 2 look into rather then just putting all dere resources 2 conquer us. Im mentioning abt irrational patriotism.

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

The media can provide information and can educate the masses on a particular issue, but the most important role of the media is to act as " Change agent" in a developing society like ours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sociologist PU For This Useful Post:
sameen (Wednesday, January 06, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

When first world war took place,America thought that its intervention in the war is very essensial however through PR system a commission was made well-known as Creel commission to influence public opinion towards supporting american intervention.

1.Have pakistani media ever propagated the reality that indian involvement in balouchistan,fata and waziristan is going to destablize pakistan in future?

(a)Poverty is on the peak but whenever u turn on your tv u will happen to watch programs over NRO.

(b)Have u all noticed that the program voice of america on Geo,is presenting a soft image of USA.Geo should air programs in english to ask american people,why the war on terror in afghanistan hasnot been completed yet what are the motives of their forces? why diplomats are rushing to our capital in the countless quantity? why they are taking loaded guns in their hand in our capital? why they are behaving abominably with our paramilitary forces(once an SHO of islamabad arrested an american carrying loaded guns who behaved in very bad manners with our policeman,Has any pakistani diplomat ever committed such henious crimes in washington?

2.Has any commission been constituted like CSI to get public opinion Especially in War on terrorism?

neither government is willing to do nor media itself have ever come up to fight against pakistan's enemies through propagation.

Regards,
Waqar Abro

aoa first of all i thnks to all participants for sharing thier worthy opinions.concluding this discussion we can say that media is there like many other departments to do its job,no matter accurately defined or not yet,f giving informationn,not neccessarily always true or productive.its for us to go dig and search for that,coz as beauty is in ones own eyes,optimism n productivity is in ones own brain,can be underdeveloped but it is there.no matter how defective,media has at least effectively contributed to what we say A QUEST FOR KNOWING...may we all be guided to the right path Ameen.Noor regards
Old Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Black Avenger is on a distinguished road

interesting topic....i would suggest you to read a book by Noam Chomsky(the most cited author on the planet)...the title of the book is

Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media

Its the analysis of new media as business and how corporate media is serving the purpose of only the elite neglecting the lower end of the pyramid.Following is the link abt basic information in the book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufac...the_Mass_Media

Another book that u should know about in this regard will be by same author called mind control through media.It is the book which discovers the reality of American media during Iraq war(not the present)..the Kuwait_Iraq war.But it will give u a basic idea about how mass media and especially American media is hypnotizing people.Following is an online excerpt of the book

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Ch..._excerpts.html
Andrew Dufresne (Wednesday, January 06, 2010), sameen (Wednesday, January 06, 2010)