Sunday, May 05, 2024
12:47 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of

those students who are under age will not support this suggestionbecause at the age of 32 you can show more maturity in your writing and perform much better than the students who are taking this exam at the age of 22..however we cannot deny the fact that unemployment in Pakistan is rampant and glare...viewing this scenario,govt should extend the age limit of Css...but it should not be more than 30
Old Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bright is on a distinguished road
Default Reply

Salam to all members.

first of all thnx for reply. ya that is not only you opinion all of the people who are in dire need of age relaxation, most of them also in favour upto 30 years.

there exists another factor, as every year lots of candidates submit their application form but didn't appear due to some their personal reasons (every one have own reason you people can understand easily), same here if age relaxation be got upto 35 this will happened also.

so i think 30 years enough because it is general perception of the students as me (may be i'm wrong in this case) we are young & fall in the age group from 20-30.

it didn't mean age relaxed only for me, i'm talking about all those who need age relaxation.

thnx & regards
Old Thursday, April 15, 2010

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

World Bank for raising CSS educational level
Friday, April 02, 2010
By By our correspondent
ISLAMABAD: With elected public representatives need not have any education, the World Bank (WB) and a number of would-be bureaucrats strongly want the future civil servants in Pakistan to carry a Master’s degree as their basic qualification.

Not only the WB but also the candidates have floated almost similar kind of proposals to set minimum required education to masters level for the Central Superior Service (CSS) examinations, well-placed official sources told The News here on Thursday.

When contacted for comments, Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Chairman Justice (Retd) Rana Bhagwandas confirmed that the candidates do desire an increase in the education standard for the future CSS hopefuls.

“But I have no knowledge whether a World Bank proposal is also there as it may be a development prior to my assuming the position,” the FPSC chairman responded to a query. Rana Bhagwandas maintained that neither the proposal had been discussed at the commission platform nor it was being under active consideration at present. “Therefore, you can say that there is no as such substance in it.”

The FPSC chairman is engaged in conducting interviews of those successful candidates who qualified the written examinations in the CSS 2009. It is a suggestion on part of the candidates whom the commission is interviewing these days.

The FPSC sources insisted that there was a pending WB proposal and said that the same could be discussed at the next meeting of the full commission, all members, chairman and the secretary to accept or reject the new arrangements.

The age limit for the CSS aspirants, these sources said, would be increased at least by two years, bringing it to 30 years from the present 28 years for the fresh postgraduate degree possessors.

At present, the age restriction for the regular government employees, wishing to attempt the CSS, is 30 years and the new one would be 32 years in order to accommodate them in view of being in the service.

While explaining the process, they said that the proposals would be discussed first at the platform of the commission and then, if approved, would go before the Establishment Division and finally to the prime minister for an approval.

To another query, the sources within the commission said that the FPSC would have to make public at least two years before implementing the new mechanism. It would done thru be massive advertisements in the national newspapers in the two-year time.

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/print1.asp?id=232218

seems witchdoctor is winning
Old Tuesday, February 08, 2011

fahadfa is on a distinguished road
Default Age limit issue!

All those who are against age limit extension!

My humble suggestions:

There should not be any age limit for css, except for the age of retirement. Instead, the "css" examination system and the qualification-requirements must be different for different age groups.

I know a lot of great knowledgeable people who are simply not in the civil service because of age-limit. (For example the authors of so many css cheap text books, such as Imtiaz Shahid and Dogar sons, etc.)

On the other hand i am sure there are many civil servants who don't even have good english and make grammatical errors, and some are too pugnacious.

I also dont think the simple "all over pakistan" system of a 12-exam-papers exam is appropriate. The css exams must be more complicated depending upon the different kind of candidates appearing. A person with a bachelor's degree in international relations must not need to appear in the 100-marks optional css "international relations paper" and like-wise. Similarly a person with a masters i English literature must not have to appear in essay or at least precis and comp!!

The 12-paper exam is too simple and too universal!! Also css must be open for every age but, for different age groups, there must be a different kinds of css, not the same 12-paper kind!!

thanx for being patient!

Fahad F. A.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Roll number 6338

JazibRoomi has a spectacular aura aboutJazibRoomi has a spectacular aura about

css 2010 was my first attempt and also the last one due to age factor. I am 29 now and i have spent my 4 precious year for my present career. It would definitely be a difficult thing for me to switch my career at this point as I am quite satisfied with the present scheme of things, although I will go for that provided i get allocated.

Although I am very disappointed of not being able to take another attempt but honestly I feel that 25 years should be the age limit coz that is the best age for opting a career.

fahadfa is on a distinguished road

but I meant to say that there are so many PhD's and so many social scientists who must be given a chance to enter civil service and serve the nation with their erudition.

I notice that religious minorities do not appear for Islamiat of css, so people of older age groups can also be given a modified form of css-exam fit for that age, a harder css-exam perhaps! or more subjects. But totally closing the doors to them is obviously not the best thing to do!

Fahad F. A.
The Following User Says Thank You to fahadfa For This Useful Post:
Witchdoctor (Wednesday, February 09, 2011)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Roll number 6338

JazibRoomi has a spectacular aura aboutJazibRoomi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadfa View Post
but I meant to say that there are so many PhD's and so many social scientists who must be given a chance to enter civil service and serve the nation with their erudition.
Who PhD scientist would like to join civil service?
Old Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Career options must be open for all and always. To make CSS truly a "competitive" exam, the upper age limit must be extended so that more and more candidates can take this exam. Only 7000 appeared in the CSS 2010. Let the number go up to at least 30,000 and then getting allocated on merit will be the real achievement. Age discrimination is a tool used against the talented lot. Getting on merit among the petty 7000 is a piece of cake. Give me a chance and I'm a PSP, DMG, FSP in advance. Age is the only factor stopping us otherwise the whole course of css is a matter of few weeks study. I have written letters to fpsc members to amend the syllabus and make it tougher, because pakistan deserves better administrators, more comeptent and more competitive officers. Its a limited rather fake competition out there in css now, they are lucky who are allowed to take it. Its an easy opportunity, don't waste it, get through.
Girls and guys please everybody support age extension in the css exam because when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
P.s: No hard feelings.
fahadfa (Wednesday, February 09, 2011)

Omar Qadir will become famous soon enough

Please suggest what should be the uper age limit?
fahadfa (Wednesday, February 09, 2011), Witchdoctor (Wednesday, February 09, 2011)

Default Talent knows no age

The government should develop consensus regarding the upper age limit. A thorough research should be carried out with the help of all the leading universities of pakistan, and after much deliberation the upper age limit should be set as high as possible, at least 35 years for the government employees. Basic qualification should be 16 years of education, quota system should be abolished and open merit should prevail in letter and spirit. We see the age relaxation is reserved for particular areas and people only. If we are one nation then why not same rules and regulations for all? But we are just a crowd not a nation yet. Have a long way to go.
Raising age limit will especially favor those candidates coming from urdu medium schools; it takes them some time to be able to compete with the mummy daddy generation. Talent knows no age.
fahadfa (Wednesday, February 09, 2011), Omar Qadir (Wednesday, February 09, 2011)