Saturday, May 04, 2024
04:28 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, February 09, 2011

SYED KAUSAR ALI SHAH is on a distinguished road

y 30? still 28 is ok, u need to realize your potential.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Roll number 6338

JazibRoomi has a spectacular aura aboutJazibRoomi has a spectacular aura about

@Witchdoctor

I am afraid this time my friend you are right. A few days back i was discussing with my wife that i have spent almost half of my practical life in Pakistan and for me it would be very difficult change this identity whatever be the situation in Pakistan. But when I think of my kids, they are new to this world. Is not it our responsibility to provide them a safer environment? Yes it is. Shall i leave them to be a victim of suicide bomb in market or a victim of intelligence agency or of Mullah's Fatwa. This whole world is theirs. I seriously am thinking to change the nationality of my kids. And this is a lesson i learned from my leaders. BB, Musharaf, Sharifs, Altaf, Chaudhry all found their safe heavens on earth. Even religious leaders are moving. Tahir Qadri in Canada, Javeed Ghamidi in Malasia.

What if I cant change my identity. My kids still have not learnt to raise the slogans of Pakistan Zindabad and Butt kay rahay ga Hindustan, Kashmir banay ga Pakistan blah blah

Last edited by Mao Zedong; Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 09:30 AM.

Lady is on a distinguished road

i am also in two minds about joining the civil services that is why i am never fully convinced about this profession because i have personally seen so many honest civil officers who have been made OSD only because they stood up against dishonesty which has become prevalent in this system.. and there is a big number of those officers who followed the wrong path and got the opportunity to serve on key posts in the country..may of them even after retirement are serving in the government only because of their dishonesty which is the criteria for ones success esp in govt sector..

Usman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of light

Well well my brother Witchdoctor I think u are being a little more pessimist. Sticking to the topic I will still say that age limit is not that much big issue I think its fine to choose a career for urself up to the age of 28. If people don't take CSS its the fear of combined competitive exams which bars them to do so. 5,6 months back when the posts of educators were announced in Punjab and the require qualification was graduation I saw more than 7000 people applying from a single district. If they can apply there then why not here? And about syllabus u are advising to make it much more difficult perhaps to u it is extremely easy because perhaps u possess extra intelligence that u can cover all the syllabus in few weeks but my friend majority of us are average students. Don't do this to us please.
Now coming to ur other views, u are right there are problems but problems are everywhere no one will come from abroad to solve our problems its we who have to take the initiative and I am ready for it and so many others are. Obviously the life in west is very charming and attractive but it depends on personal preferences to me it does not attract that much I love my villages and cities more than those sophisticated ones in the west. I love my people. I want to do something for them and inshAllah I will do, if not here perhaps in some other way. Don't be ashamed of ur nationality be among those on who nation can feel proud.

Shikwa-e-zulmat-e-shab se to kaheen behtar tha
Apnay hissay ki koi shama jalatay jatay

Regards,
imama (Wednesday, February 09, 2011)
Old Thursday, February 10, 2011

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough

It is not only financial corruption this country is suffering from but social corruption, moral corruption too are rampant. Flattery, hypocrisy, dishonesty will get you far, all those vices will place you head and shoulders above others especially in the civil services. Professional jealousy is in every profession, and if you would not take orders from your corrupt seniors and if politicians' wishes are not your commands then you will find that your opportunist colleagues will avail the opportunity, rising to the occasion and getting speedy promotions and other civil benefits, and later show you their true color.
Look at the new Governor of Panjab. Did that freak ever deserve to become Governor Panjab? Honestly he is an ugly spoon but he has succeeded and now he can look down upon his colleagues no matter how honest they are. And just look at our Prime Minister who shamed the country on his tour to the USA. He cannot speak proper english, he is a puppet, he has no vision, he is corrupt up to his wife and children and yet he claims that he is a descendent of the holy Prophet pbuh.
In pakistan, its all about give and take. If you have the political influence and millions to give, you can take a post as high as that of an ambassador. Amin faheem's daughter was accomodated in the foreign service of pakistan and sent to Ireland. Her qualification is unknown, she didn't appear in css. Our ambassador to USA is the greatest opportunist that there could be. He is sitting in the whitehouse advocating and defending the US agenda rather than advancing the cause of pakistan. Sometimes one wonders if he is pakistani ambassador to US or US ambassador to pakistan.
I believe all of you are intelligent and competent students and deserve better but what hurts is that president, prime minister, ministers, and the persons in control will always be egoistic freaks, incompetent, impotent jerks and they will be the ones calling shots, issuing orders, and feeling proud being your boss and in control of the competent people of the society. That's what hurts about pakistan, that after passing through a series of exams, getting higher degrees and still we will have to serve the fake degree holders comprising our parliament. There is no respectable job available for a graduate and Masters degree holder, but those fake degree holders are holding whole ministries in this country. What kind of justice is that! Psp should keep hunting down the criminals and dying in the line of duty while illiterate, unethical, paindoo federal ministers with their cronies should keep throwing parties in the parliament lodges, busy in merrymaking the whole night till dawn with foreign wine and local women and singing: Thora daaru wich pyaar mila de, nashay de ye band bottle ey!
Lolz!
Pardon!
fahadfa (Thursday, February 10, 2011), Lady (Thursday, February 10, 2011)

Usman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of light

@Witchdoctor

So what can we do now? Your point of view please.

Regards,

Last edited by Mao Zedong; Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 09:28 AM.

Witchdoctor will become famous soon enough
Default The answer

My answer, my point of view dear Usman is that you and your friends criticize me and my friends for demanding something as innocent as age relaxation in the css exams so we could shoot the brains out of the double-faced politicians, opportunist officials and send it for neuroanatomical research.
Even if age limit is raised to 65 years still that's not something that wicked compared to the wickedness this country is seething with.
Four DIGs of police services sacrificed their lives in the recent years from nwfp and panjab alone. Does their ages concern anyone? They loved this country and gave up their lives in the line of duty. Isn't that enough?
Governor Panajb was in 60s and he died for the right cause.
Age isn't the measure of man, his ideology, his morality, his stand on the right and wrong is his measure.
What role does age play when it comes to right and wrong?
Then why is the government not letting us take the exam just because we happen to be a couple of years older, and fortunately or unfortunately we don't have the domiciles of the previliged areas entitled for age relaxation. Why is the discrimination maintained? In the same country we have different rules.
If learning capabilities decrease with increasing age, and if that holds any water then that shouldn't concern anyone because we being older to you will certainly get failed in css. Then why is the age limit maintained at 28 years?
The fact is the age limit is maintained at 28 so that there is least competition in css. This is something against a stronger Bureaucracy. Our rulers cannot see strong Bureaucracy, they cannot afford it because after the death of Jinnah, the powerful Bureaucrats took over the pakistani politics and sildelined the politicians. Ayub khan, Mr. Bhutto, Ziaul Haq and Musharraf weakened civil bureaucracy gradually because a stronger bureaucracy was a threat to their vested interests.
See nowaadays all the bureaucrats are playing in the hands of rulers and politicians, they are no threat to them. A cilvil servant has been reduced to the status of a civil servent literally, serving politicians and having no will, no power of his own.
Our Prime Minister said that he rejected the age proposal because he wanted fresh students to join civil services. Has he no mirror to look at his own self? What is his own age? This country too needs a fresh prime minister.
He calls himself a descendent of the Holy Prophet pbuh. What he deserves is to be shot 71 bullets in the same unholy mouth of his he spoke that lie with. His wife did corruption of 36 crores, his son is involved in billions of corruption, and yet he claims to be the Prophet's descendent. Such a hypocrite
Lady is right that this wrong country could be now put right only and only through a bloody revolution.
But who can lead such a revolution? A man who is completely godless, secular, a tyrant, a merciless monster so that he don't feel even a quantum of mercy or compassion while executing and beheading these corrupt bandits along their spouses and children. They should be made examples for generations to come.
Old Friday, February 11, 2011

Shamoon is on a distinguished road
Default change is inevitable!!!!!!

I agree with Witchdoctor and Lady. This country doesn't need a Jasmine or other flowery named revolution, no soft revolution is required. The spirit of time requires this country to have a bloody red revolution to get itself purged from the vestiges of corruption, nepotism, favoritism other means that are smeared on the face of this country by all in power.

So many members of this forum has reasoned about not raising age limit because new recruits will have shorter service time to serve this land of pure. In almost all the departments of government, contractually hired people are serving at which supreme court has struck down their service tenure and null and void their contracts. They all are above 60 years and some are above 65 and 68. If you see the current global age survey then you would find that over the period of time with the advent of new technologies in field of science human age has increased. And if you remember one or two months back government was mulling over to enhance the retirement age but abandoned the idea owing to burgeoning pressure. It means people have the capacity to serve even if retired; the ultimate goal is to have better performance in greater national interest. Secondly if you go a decade back before Musharraf's changed the rules for CSS, the government servants had the age relaxation up till 35 years! Wasn't then the country mindful when hiring such older people. Actually we are habitual of half empty glass we have so many problems of saying half filled glass. We only focus one aspect while deliberately ignoring other dimensions and factors. Mature age is a blessing my dears, those who is of mature age will definitely bring with him or her the experience where he/she had served, this is called the beauty. Beauty is known as 'unity in diversity'. We have inborn hatred towards change and diversity, it is just because we are living in a singular, intolerant and terrorism ridden society. When we feel the need of change and have internal urge then we go for it in a hurried way and make wrong decision and pay off for the rest of our life. It is imperative that we must have yearning for learning to change our ways. We must think out of the box, read world bank consultants' report contracted by FPSC to improve their system. According to them, education criteria must be enhanced in order to have legitimate healthy competition. In FPSC annual report of 2010, the chairman lamented about the dearth of competent people in the exam. For this reason President Asif Ali Zardari vowed to revise the perks and benefits of CSS to develop more attraction in it. According to the report mostly competent people don't join civil service they opt to go to corporate sector. This age relaxation ban has further aggravated the situation. Why to act like a bottleneck to stop entry to take exam? Why not be the gateway for the aspirant to serve this country that guarantee of preserving the birth right of serving motherland? What's wrong with when one 35 years old take a competitive exam and comes on merit? Will he do wrong or something else? There are number of the people who die out during service, 4 DIGs got killed in KP and Punjab, 1 young DDO (R) died of cardiac arrest during a meeting in Chief Minister House in Punjab? It's a God will, we should accept it and improve ourselves; It's God Will too. Remember the Jesus Christ ' Give Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser and give God what belongs to God'. Let the competitive job go to the competent. Several times FPSC moaned about the poor education in the country (go check out the statistics given in the report). Most people fail in English subject, the official language. Yar come on! Why the hell do you have problems with increasing age criteria alongwith 16 years of education criteria? You know our National Assembly filled with many liers, our land of pure couldn't produce 342 graduate politicians. Many of them are caught in fake degree case. CM of Balochistan claimed that 'degree is degree, be it fake or real' My Gosh!!! I am born in a jungle. Are we committed to keep our country uneducated, dishonest, illiterate, extremist, corrupt and war torn? Or we have a will to change? We have to assess whether our being is whether a part of solution or a part of problem. We have never learned from the history. YEARNING FOR LEARNING FROM HISTORY!!!! AGE MUST BE RELAXED ALONG WITH 16 YEARS OF EDUCATION.

Many universities have begun 4 years bachelors program, there is no 2 years program at degree level in university. Older system is under consideration to be dismantled and decommissioned to install a world accredited programs. Why the Hell government is adamant to not to change its rule? Recently in general recruitment on the bill presented by Senator Haji Adeel in senate, the age is relaxed for 5 years a general. It means up to 33 years. Won't it be the shorter service to the nation and waste of resource? My dears change your mind and be positive and welcome every healthy and positive change. Let's build bridges rather than building walls. Walls are always demolished like Berlin Walls while bridges are repaired!!!!!! Think again.......:
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamoon For This Useful Post:
fahadfa (Friday, February 11, 2011)

Ok mates if u guys believe that age relaxation can bring the prosperity to our country, end our all the problems, and all the intellectuals feel like joining Civil Service after they have passed the age of 28 years then let it be relaxed. Discussion is over from mine side.

Cheers and best Regards,

venomous_91 is on a distinguished road

@Topic: I think there should not be any age relaxation! Because it is the limit before which we have to polish ourselves and study as much as we can! If we think in a broader sense the age limit makes us work more harder than ususal! Thats why I will say that there should be no age relaxation!