Monday, April 29, 2024
08:24 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, April 08, 2010
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Deadly Doc is right..!!! as i haf said in an another thread, the problems of Pakistan are not rampant because of the difficulties in administrating large areas, but the nature is of poor administration....

dividing the larger provinces into smaller provinces would not solve the problems of a common man...a common saraiki person may not be so keen to get a seperate province for himself but he certainly wants clean drinking water, electricity supply, mettled roads, health and recreation facilities etc etc.....

secondly, let us assume we do have a saraikistan....who would be the representatives of this new province...all the makhdooms and hashmis that we currently host in the assemblies...nothing may change for the common man...he will have the same ministers and chief ministers, i mean the faces would remain the same, the corruption and abuse of power would definitely stay there for generations to come...

No = if we want to have Saraikistan for administrative purposes and if we sincerely believe that having a new province will improve the lives for the lot...

Yes = if we want to have a province that represents your ethnic identity! after all we will never want to deny the "Right of Association with any ethnic background" to anybody!

hamarapakistan will become famous soon enough

dear umar abbas
there is no conflict on the name of new proposed province.there are so many communities living in Multan and adjoining areas namely
1.saraiki speaking
2. punjabi speaking
3. urdu speaking
i belongs to urdu speaking family but i support this movement beacause we dont demand new province on any ethnic base but on administrative base.Now Punjab Government Collapse 10 billion rs Funds of Multan without any justification and this money is now spent on different mega projects in Lahore.i would like to say that development of Lahore and upper punjab should be managed by their funds not by our funds
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Every nation should have the right of self-rule. Erection of new provinces is not a threat to the integration of the country rather it would ensure smooth policy making and implementation. If the problems of the people are solved at their door steps then it would be a good achievement and it is possible by making new provinces.

Perhaps, new provinces will be rules by same feudal lords and those families who have monopoly in Pakistani politics but accountability and self-rule can force them to adopt concrete steps for uplift of aggrieved classes. They will work for their own area which is not possible in presence of big provinces where selected region has monopoly over government making.
Arbab.Danish (Thursday, April 08, 2010)
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamarapakistan View Post
dear umar abbas
there is no conflict on the name of new proposed province.there are so many communities living in Multan and adjoining areas namely
1.saraiki speaking
2. punjabi speaking
3. urdu speaking
i belongs to urdu speaking family but i support this movement beacause we dont demand new province on any ethnic base but on administrative base.Now Punjab Government Collapse 10 billion rs Funds of Multan without any justification and this money is now spent on different mega projects in Lahore.i would like to say that development of Lahore and upper punjab should be managed by their funds not by our funds
agreed....but democracy calls for the majority not to cater every opinion or ethnicity...and if your believe that just by splitting a province may improve the conditions in multan and adjoining areas, what can i add here?...after all you have important ministers in the present government and not to forget the PM...if still you face economic and developmental disparity GOD be with you guys then..

and one thing more, i am against a comparative analysis all the times...when planning such mega structures, you always analyze the cost to benefit aspect of such a project....the same project in multan may not have yielded the fruits that it may do so in lahore!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Prince View Post
Every nation should have the right of self-rule. Erection of new provinces is not a threat to the integration of the country rather it would ensure smooth policy making and implementation. If the problems of the people are solved at their door steps then it would be a good achievement and it is possible by making new provinces.

Perhaps, new provinces will be rules by same feudal lords and those families who have monopoly in Pakistani politics but accountability and self-rule can force them to adopt concrete steps for uplift of aggrieved classes. They will work for their own area which is not possible in presence of big provinces where selected region has monopoly over government making.
then why not introduce the accountability and self rule in the present system? why need to introduce a new system when the old system can be cured by the same techniques that will be needed to ensure that the new system works fine..

by the way...a question for all....won't it be very naieve of us to expect that accountability, transparency, responsibility etc from a lot that seems to be too reluctant to let go of their perks and privileges (and not to forget undue excesses)? can we expect that they will introduce them (perhaps in the near future)?

Last edited by Lord AvaLon; Friday, April 09, 2010 at 12:05 AM.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

once i heard a funny story from someone
shahbaz sharif,hamza shahbaz sharif,bilawal bhutto zardari and others no matter how much money do they have, when they are outside this country they are nothing. they cannot live like kings outside this country.they can only rule and fool this country and people of this country.end of this true but funny story
today if we accept all requests for provinces we will have more cms we will have to provide more security.ok that is acceptable. but what about the funds and taxes to run a province. do these provinces enjoy the same status as old provinces. look at balochistan still craving for provincial rights
i don't know that either this idea is going to improve conditions but with same leaders ,it seems hazy and same whatsoever provinces or names of provinces we have.now conditions are going to be tough for these politicians and they are about to face some great challenges in no time.either they are going to succeed or are going to be removed from scenario permanently.i am optimistic about it and hopeful for future of Pakistan

javed_iqbal7863 is on a distinguished road

Seraiki belt is ignored by the rulers of punjab. If you have chance to visit D.G Khsn, Multan, Muzaffar garh , Bahawal pur and other areas of seraiki belt then you can get the true imagination of the problems of this belt. The situation of roads, hospitals, schools and colleges is very poor. There are only two universities BZU and IUB for the people of seraiki belt. D.G Khan division has no university at all. All the budget is spent in Lahore. Although these areas are agricultural, generating wheat cotton and other things to fulfill the needs of the peoples of whole Pakistan, but these are ignored by upper Punjab. If there will be a separate province whole the budget will be spent for the betterment of the region.
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 29

saba sattar is on a distinguished road

Well.... Balkanization never solves problem.Instead it weakens the separating

units.I will give only one example here. The division of Indian Punjab into three states i.e.. the mainland Punjab,Haryana n Himachal Pradesh..What the separating units get.......nothing.Punjab is much more developed than the other two states.

Divisions dont improve the situations.rather it increase the distances
The Following User Says Thank You to saba sattar For This Useful Post:
Lord AvaLon (Friday, April 09, 2010)
Old Friday, April 09, 2010

|ACE| is on a distinguished road

for those of you who make the point that further division of provinces will make administration much effective on what basis do you say that ?, these areas will be under the same corrupt leaders they are now. The only thing you will be doing is making money more rampant among the political circles. Pakistan as it stands today faces the greatest threat in the form of balkanistaion, further dividing the provinces will not improve they're life style it will not increase governance and it will do them no good.

Pakistan's biggest province by land mass is balochistan, what has been done there ? after all its divided on the basis of baloch ethnicity too isnt it ? once again instead of realising the real problem people are grasping at whatever straws they can and adancing to the whims of politicians. I have yet to see a source "confirming" that indeed the people in those areas are routing for a individual province, there have already been 2 pages on this topic without an ounce of evidence. Politicians have and continue to play pakistanis as fools for they're own selfish propagands and that is evident even in this discussion.

What Pakistan needs isnt further division, it needs unity. You cannot hope to bring pakistanis together by breaking them apart. The entire political system needs to be revamped, if you want to create fairness create it at the centre. Give equal rights, equal representation and equal access to the capital to all provinces and make your institutions stronger so they can effectively provide these services to 'all' pakistanis.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of
Default why not new Provinces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zash View Post
Demand for Bahawal Pur as separate province is getting fire and key figures of south Punjab central to Multan are very active in this movement. They also claim that new province may be recognized as Suraikistan.

What do you think, is it justifiable??
why not new provinces?im from Multan and i know the deprivation of my region...Taj Langha(head of sariakistan moment)wants a seperate province..according to him Province Punjab should be divided on the basis of administrarative measures and not only on linguistcs basis...i think he is quite justified in his demand, Punjab is equal to the size of Germany...its such a big province..Sariakistan would be beneficial for the People of the area... there is a mark difference between upper Punjab&south Punjab...Upper Punjab is more industrialized area,thats why people of the south Punjab have to move there in search of better livelihood.so instead of rising emotional slogas like"Hum Aik Hain"etc etc,we should take soild steps to improve the lives of the people living in South Punjab...
zash (Friday, April 09, 2010)

zash will become famous soon enough
Default Agrred

@Maha Khan

I am agree, me also from Bahawal Pur region and I know thatit would be progressive step for the benefits of the area provided that implemented in true spirit and best interest of community that is missing in the movement. I dnt have much idea about Taj Langah, but what about Muhammad Ali Durrani, Makhdoom Syed Ahmed Mehmood, and other landlords of the area who are persuing their own benefits, they will be owners, lords and rulers of the assembly.