Thursday, May 09, 2024
03:51 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Was Dr. Qadeer Khan a theif ?
Yes 1 6.67%
No 6 40.00%
Never 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, May 01, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Default Dr. Qadeer Khan was a theif by Hassan Nisar

http://www.youtube.com/v/kB0NqoYsmZ8

Suprah is on a distinguished road

and what exactly has Hasan Nisar said wrong?

Didnt AQ Khan - a metallurgist rather than a nuclear scientist - actually steal and smuggle plans for uranium enrichment from Holland when he was working there at the behest of our politicians and generals ?
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprah View Post
and what exactly has Hasan Nisar said wrong?

Didnt AQ Khan - a metallurgist rather than a nuclear scientist - actually steal and smuggle plans for uranium enrichment from Holland when he was working there at the behest of our politicians and generals ?
Mr Suprah! Before jumping to conclusions do get a know how of what u r saying.

1) Dr AQ khan services were not hired by URENCO(Netherland) because he went over dere with a chitthi (Recommendation letter) from Union council Chairman of Chak # 36, North, Rather they saw with him some talent which they didnt had within themselves which forced them to let a person of Foreign Nationality work in such sensitive place.
2) Why the hell he would need to be a nuclear scientist to make a nuclear bomb. Did he ever claimed that he has done a new research over nuclear fusion or fission or fuel enrichment. All these things had been done by various nuclear scientists much before him and as an Metallurgical engr he was supposed to use all that research and turn it into something real. Nd he had required talent and knowledge for that purpose.
3) He was not working there as an office boy jis ny 4 din dekha k kasay banta hai atom bomb nd 5th day ran out nd made one of his own. Nuclear technology and aik mechanic ki workshop main bht farq hota hai meray bhai. Wahan chota Ustaad k sath 6 months laga k samjhta hai k he has learned all the tricks so y nt try his own.

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.

Suprah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Ranjha View Post
Mr Suprah! Before jumping to conclusions do get a know how of what u r saying.

1) Dr AQ khan services were not hired by URENCO(Netherland) because he went over dere with a chitthi (Recommendation letter) from Union council Chairman of Chak # 36, North, Rather they saw with him some talent which they didnt had within themselves which forced them to let a person of Foreign Nationality work in such sensitive place.
2) Why the hell he would need to be a nuclear scientist to make a nuclear bomb. Did he ever claimed that he has done a new research over nuclear fusion or fission or fuel enrichment. All these things had been done by various nuclear scientists much before him and as an Metallurgical engr he was supposed to use all that research and turn it into something real. Nd he had required talent and knowledge for that purpose.
3) He was not working there as an office boy jis ny 4 din dekha k kasay banta hai atom bomb nd 5th day ran out nd made one of his own. Nuclear technology and aik mechanic ki workshop main bht farq hota hai meray bhai. Wahan chota Ustaad k sath 6 months laga k samjhta hai k he has learned all the tricks so y nt try his own.
You forgot to mention that he studied in West Germany and Holland before he joined URENCO.

Of course he had talent, and that was why he had access to top secret plans and materials because of his involvement in the development of centrifuges needed for uranium enrichment.

When Pakistan needed the bumm, he offered his help and sent in confidential documents to Pakistan for its own atomic program under the very noses of the Dutch authorities. All this effort was supported by our military and politicians.

Isn't that stealing?

But, I dont blame AQ Khan for everything he did. He became a scape goat for covering the Army's nuclear proliferation. Of course he was involved, but he was not doing this on his own.

He gets arrested for what he did, but no one else is arrested for taking part.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

majboori ki halat me chori, chori nahi hoti.
i think AQ Khan is not a thief. he did great for this country.ok he stole documents but that is our need ,demand and we are nuclear country now.
it is right ,muslims lost their way and west adopted way of muslims. west prospered through last few centuries and all inventions and discoveries are on their account.
but what new creative scientist we have. nothing new is invented from our side.
truth is always bitter.
west is having all the brains. either they have their own brains or they get it from other poor countries by providing better oppurtunity.west is dominating in all field and this is because they have what it takes to be.
problem with us is we keep ourselves busy in such debates. we don't create great people,great mind.
we have limited number of national heroes.now we hardly get any national hero.
our students has done outstanding performances.they were called to foreign countries for free study and work. but our country has done nothing for them.we don't have the environment where such brains can work and make progress.
Abdus salam is a scientist who earned nobel prize. nobel prize is an achievement and he is a Pakistani.
i am proud of both AQ Khan and abdus salam.

as far as hassan nisar is concerned,he speaks like this on many occasions. he has a huge bungalow (in many kanals). he can speak as he has media power.he may be a traitor,may be whatsoever.
let him do it but what is our duty?we have brilliant minds ,we have great brains but where are they ?why not working or inventing anything?hassan nisar being sarcastic,can we answer his questions.

wind will become famous soon enough
Aoa,

Who is this Hassan nasir ??

He seems to be quite jealous of Pakistani national Heroes.

If DR Abdul Qadeer has not made the atom bomb then this man will be able to talk in this show ...in pakistan.

ISrael's Aircarfts were landed on the Jammu Airport to attack the Kahuta research lab two days before the atomic test.

What Abdul Qadeer has done for the service of Islam is as clear as a bright day light,no one can underestimate his achievements.

Regards,
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Random thoughts
By Dr A Q Khan

Kya puchhe hai mujh say meri khamoshi ka baais
Kuchh to sabab aisa hai kay mein kuchh nahi kehta.

Mein chup baitha-hua-hun, aur yeh maloom hota hai
Kay jaisay ik zamana keh-raha-hai dastan meri.)

Since time immemorial there has always been a conflict between “khair” and “shar” (good and evil). Almighty Allah has warned against evil and has advised prayer for protection against the mischief and cruelty of mischief-mongers and tyrants. History is full of stories of dictators and tyrants violating human rights and inflicting unimaginable evils on defenceless, innocent people. Power makes them totally oblivious and they even forget the existence of Allah’s divine justice. The most recent example of this is of our ex-commando/dictator, General Musharraf, who considered himself above the law and lord of all he saw.

Har daur mein insaan nay dhaey hain mazalim
Har daur mein insaan khuda banta-raha-hai

But being intoxicated by power does not turn a human being into a demigod, even though he might forget that there are powers greater than his.

Zalimon nay samajh ye rakkha he
Jaisay dunya mein ab Khuda hi nahin

Turning a dictator into a demigod has always been facilitated by the fact that they surround themselves with sycophants. General Musharraf’s formal education was no more than FA, and after doing some courses and due to the promotion procedures in the army, he managed to become army chief. It was nauseating to see him lecturing highly skilled people on subjects like economics, foreign affairs, power generation, agriculture, science and technology, higher education, subjects that he surely must have known nothing about.

Even dictators can, and should, surround themselves with experts, listen to their suggestions and advice and allow them to carry on with their work. Yes-men who dare not say anything against their views may be good for their egos, but not for the country. Sycophants go out of their way to praise their beneficiary. They usually follow the propaganda tactics of Hitler and his minister of propaganda, Goebbels; telling lies so often that ultimately the public starts believing them. This often results in destruction of national institutions and unimaginable damage to the country concerned. I am sure many remember Mujibur Rehman telling the Bengali public that the West Pakistan government was using the proceeds from the sale of their jute to decorate the footpaths of Karachi with gold. People actually believed him.

Invitation of Z.A. Bhutto

On Christmas Eve 1975 I came to Pakistan at the personal request of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto. My wife, our two daughters (then aged seven and five-and-a-half) and I were to return to Holland on Jan 15, 1976. Upon Mr Bhutto’s insistence, I decided to remain in Pakistan while my wife returned to Holland to pack up all our belongings. In doing this I gave up a highly respectable and lucrative job, good a salary and attractive perks, and my wife left her elderly parents behind to follow me. We did all this so that I could serve my beloved country. I only received my first salary of Rs3,000 per month after six months. We were given a house in what were, at that time, the outer limits of Islamabad – F-8/1. There were only three houses on the whole road and no street lights. We did not complain or bargain for more. We never asked for any favours from the government and never received any.

Always followed truth

Professional jealousy soon started playing a role and some so-called “scientists” tried to convince Mr Bhutto and Ghulam Ishaq Khan that I was a “sharp young man trying to deceive them, who would flee after making money and taking them for a ride.” They furthermore pointed out that the process of centrifuge enrichment was extremely difficult and complicated and that only three advanced Western countries had perfected this technology – Holland, Germany and England. Mr Bhutto and Ghulam Ishaq Khan were men of wisdom and foresight. They believed in my sincerity and had faith in my abilities. Some people advised me to lie to Mr Bhutto that the bomb would be ready in three years. I refused, knowing very well that he would have formulated his foreign policy on that premise, and that could have been disastrous for the country. Others suggested making a device containing about 2,000 tons of explosives laced with some radioactive material, thus giving the impression that it was a nuclear explosion. The claim that Pakistan was ready to explode a nuclear device in December 1976 was based on this presumption. Instead of making false claims and taking shortcuts to mislead the government, engineers and scientists should stick to the truth, even if it is not always palatable. This is an attitude I have always tried to follow.

Tribute to legends

Thanks to government support, the hard work of our scientists and engineers and our sincere efforts, Pakistan became a nuclear and missile power in a relatively short span of time. This country is indebted to Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, Gen. Zia-ul-Haq (leaving aside all his mischief), Ghulam Ishaq Khan and Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto – Mr Bhutto and Ms Bhutto definitely top the list. Upon my personal request, Ms Bhutto allowed the missile deals with China and North Korea to go through and Generals Mirza Aslam Beg and Abdul Waheed Kakar fully supported this.

Space program:

The morning is gone and this piece is nearly finished. I could still write about much more. For instance, how in 1999 I suggested to Gen Musharraf to allow me to work on launching our own satellite. It could have been done in about three years. Permission was refused. However, despite this, I am nonetheless proud of what my team and I managed to do – nuclear weapons, ballistic missiles, anti-aircraft missiles, anti-tank missiles, laser rangefinders and establishing a number of medical and educational institutions. Not a bad record, I think, despite everything Gen Musharraf did to defame me by his campaign of character assassination. Which reminds me — where is he now? Ignominiously confined to his house and unable to move around freely “for security reasons.” Even popular leaders like Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto could not avoid what was written for them, despite the fact that they did not compromise on national interests. They have become immortal. To write about such things is the aim of this column.

Shama har rang mein jalti- hai seher-honay tak.

http://draqkhan.com.pk/index.php/200...v-2008/#more-3

It is not a child's play to arm a country with atomic weapons. There are numerous countries more developed and advanced than Pakistan but they still failed to equip their armies with nuclear weapons.

Reading some books don't make someone above all. What Hassan Nisar did for the country? It is easy to speak but difficult to perform practically. We have talent and if get opportunity we can change the world.

We decorated him with Hilal-i-Imtiaz and Nishan-i-Imtiaz, the highest Civilian Awards of Pakistan. Following are the lists of Institutes named after A.Q.Khan. We are proud of him either you declare him thief or hero:

* Dr. A. Q. Khan Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (KIBGE), University of Karachi
* Dr. A. Q Khan Audiotorium [federal Urdu university Karachi
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Institute of Computer Sciences, Multan
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Research Laboratories (KRL), Kahuta
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Institute of Technology (KIT), Mianwali
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Ophthalmic Research Center, Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital, Rawalpindi
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Girls College for Computer Science, Rawalpindi
* Dr. A. Q. Khan College for Science & Technology, Rawalpindi
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Academy of Science, Gulberg, Faisalabad
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Hall & Gymnasium, Pearl Valley Public School, Rawalakot, Azad Jammu & Kashmir
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Block, Al-Markaz Al-Islami, Islamabad
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Center for Software Engineering, Islamabad
* Dr. A .Q. Khan Institute of Computer Sciences & Information Technology, Kahuta
* Dr. A .Q. Khan Institute for Developing Engineering Technologies, Lahore
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Institute of Technology & Management, Islamabad
* Dr. A. Q. Khan Block, D.J. Sindh Government Science College, Karachi
* Dr A.Q Khan Laboratory, Physics Department, Cadet College Kohat
* Zuleikha - Quadeer Science Block, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, May 01, 2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Merged
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xeric For This Useful Post:
Jahanzebmemon (Sunday, May 02, 2010), Noor_2009 (Sunday, May 02, 2010)

Ayesha Mahmood will become famous soon enoughAyesha Mahmood will become famous soon enough

AOA

This ( Hassan Nisaar) is certainly a traitor, I've seen him talking like this on some ocassions.

He's calling Dr. A Q Khan a thief, who rendered memorable services to his own( he may call but doesn't seem) Homeland. But he doesn't talk about Americans who stole this Nuclear bomb Technology from Germany alongwith its scientists after breaking its purple code.

Dr. Abul Kalam also made N-Bomb for India the same way, but he doesn't seem to b a thief to anyone.

Such people should b punished, n should b declared traitors.

Regards

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

Dear Members,

Could you all consider this baseless and stupid self-engineered vidio, where the clips are merged just to mislead the message, debatable?

I don't know your answer, but mine is "No".

Hasan Nisar always talks about our deficiencies which is a great job in my personal opinion.

I have no doubt in my mind that Dr. Abdul Salam is our national hero; even he belongs to non-muslim minority.

Intellect doesn't have the binding of religion as this is personal matter of every individual.

Hasan Nisar rightly said what have we done with a noble prize holder brain?

This vidio reflects that he denies to admit Allama Iqbal as a hero; indeed he did not do so.

If you see complete vidio you will definitely be inspired by his logical views and points.

I don't know about the context of his comment regarding Dr. A Q Khan "A thief" instead of "A Great Hero" but I am sure that if the context would be available then he might not prove guilty.

I have no doubt in my mind and I have already voted for option "Never" as he could never be a thief. Long Live Dr. A Q Khan !

This charge is below his dignity and I condemn if the context of whole speach of Hasan Nisar wouldn't support my thought.

Regards

Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

the point is that this nation doesn't create great minds and if created somehow ,treats those brains badly.
its is a useless debate whether he is a thief or not. he is not and we agree on it.
how can great brains,ideas and visions can help our nation? from where to start and where to end.
no more comments from my side on this topic.no offense to anyone
Closed Thread