Sunday, May 12, 2024
08:25 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, August 21, 2010

MBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Sorry, i beg to differ from all the posters in this thread cuz in my view every channel has its own policy and it works according to that policy. I dont watch GEO or anyother cable channel, but what i know is that it was the same Jang Group that was the "ankhon ka tara" of all those who believe in freedom of speech, civil liberty and human rights during the dark days of dictators (Zia & Mushrraff). Now suddenly this group has become the target of the same people ? reason ? It is simple. The group has not changed its policy but the people who were getting support from it for democracy/human rights have changed now and acting like dictators, and so the same newspaper group now seems to them "mulak dushman" If it supports them in the looting of national wealth, then they will never stop its transmission.
Even in the time of Mushraf, i was against GEO as, it was the only channel insulting the freedom of speech and state itself, Mushraf was bold enough to face those filthy channels but Bush-lobby supported GEO channel, this is time to wake up, and have sense nails before its too late!
Old Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saqib Riaz is just really niceSaqib Riaz is just really niceSaqib Riaz is just really niceSaqib Riaz is just really nice

Well I think Media is the only department which is doing its duty well..The role of the media is to reflect our image , when we saw our real faces we at once come to opinion that media is against the interests of Pakistan. When the same media will favour us , support us then there is nothing than media who is in favour of Pakistan.

The Same media and Geo channel plus many more were against the govt of Musharaf then all these politicians and public who support them were in opinion of that Media is playing its role more effectively, they support media and made big statements and when circumstances changed those politicians were given authority of govt by media role of awaring people for their rights became against of this media as its working against the interest of Pakistan.

Here I want to raise one question if lets suppose media is not playing its role , propagating Indian and Israel agenda then tell me are we doing work for the interest of Pakitan and Nation? Is our Govt and our Political players are in favour of this poor nation? Are we innocent? The incident which happend in Sialkot 2 days before is the cause of Media? People said that media should'nt play these clips on TV but i will ask Why shoudn't we aviod this cruel behaviour?

The main thing is no one wants to be criticised.Every one wants to listen his name in good manners. The Media is showing our real picture what we are? When we look at our faces we became scare of that and instead of changing our faces, changing our behaviour we blames to other and in this context we blames to Media.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqib Riaz For This Useful Post:
sana_krn (Saturday, August 21, 2010)
Old Sunday, August 22, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

http://www.youtube.com/v/crPlcs_Q1NA
Muser (Sunday, August 22, 2010), Waqar Abro (Sunday, August 22, 2010)
Old Sunday, August 22, 2010

Muser is on a distinguished road

I second Sociologist. Though Jang Group is too hostile & pathetically sensationalize things up but then if it weren't such a resilient media, Musharaf ouster would not have been possible.

The problem with every government is and will be that they want media to present an 'all is well' picture like PTV, but that isn't possible anymore. If next time PML-N comes in power, they'll be whining likewise as PPP and its supporters are doing right now and PPP will be friends with them.

Some media men do overdo sometimes, rather most of the times (the likes of Javed Chaudry & Hamid Mir); but then the genuine media anchors (Talat & his Aaj Team) also don't go well with government.
Old Thursday, August 26, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqib Riaz View Post
Well I think Media is the only department which is doing its duty well..The role of the media is to reflect our image , when we saw our real faces we at once come to opinion that media is against the interests of Pakistan. When the same media will favour us , support us then there is nothing than media who is in favour of Pakistan.

The Same media and Geo channel plus many more were against the govt of Musharaf then all these politicians and public who support them were in opinion of that Media is playing its role more effectively, they support media and made big statements and when circumstances changed those politicians were given authority of govt by media role of awaring people for their rights became against of this media as its working against the interest of Pakistan.

Here I want to raise one question if lets suppose media is not playing its role , propagating Indian and Israel agenda then tell me are we doing work for the interest of Pakitan and Nation? Is our Govt and our Political players are in favour of this poor nation? Are we innocent? The incident which happend in Sialkot 2 days before is the cause of Media? People said that media should'nt play these clips on TV but i will ask Why shoudn't we aviod this cruel behaviour?

The main thing is no one wants to be criticised.Every one wants to listen his name in good manners. The Media is showing our real picture what we are? When we look at our faces we became scare of that and instead of changing our faces, changing our behaviour we blames to other and in this context we blames to Media.
Your first statement,is completely baseless.
here are some videos in which you can judge by yourself whether media is performing its duty or not.
http://www.youtube.com/v/7ICs1urTbFw&feature=related

You have greatly said that we dont want to see our actual faces,whatever we are,have been presented by our media but would u tell me have you ever tried to take a look at the actual face of media?
What would u say about the behaviour of anchors with such politicians who have been elected whether they are currupt or not yet they have been chosen by the people of pakistan.

You are meant that politicians have hatched plot to destablise media by letting people know about their rights?
What do u know about fundamental rights?
I ask to all members who went against media in this thread,have been asked by anyone to blame our so called free media?
koi nahi hoga esa,we all are neutral dear.

Bhai,you have confessed in your context that what have been done by our government,institutions,courts,people and pak army for the interest of pakistan.
We all are currupt ,i do admit but media tu paak hayna woh tu neutral hay,woh tu haqeeqat dekhaany wala hyna,phir double standard kyun?

as far incident of 2 brothers is concerned,did not you notice at the intial stage only one party was highlighted and media was blamed for not taking the other party into account,videos dekhao jis men loug khula bol rahy hain k media one sided hay?

Note: Filal ye videos dekhaye hain,aur dekhaonga na,kabi media ki support nahi karogy mere bhai,limited sooch na rakho make it broad.

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 06:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:

orient is on a distinguished road

My Opinion Is Diferent from You All Because facts Are Always Biased And GEO Has Presented The Facts Only Whether They Are Bitter to Swallow.
And Reagrading Finacncial Aid To Geo from Anti-Pakistani Bodies Still Needs To Be Proved. It Could Only BE An Opinion Or A Mere Supposition.......
Banned

BaLooch Salman will become famous soon enough

after watchin da video of sialkot incident im quite convinced dat media isnt playin any positive role other dan ruining our image as da most brutal uncivilized n corrupt pple on dis earth... dez media dictators r realy playin havoc wid our country.. we wer all at peace before dis media freedom
Old Monday, November 22, 2010

mystylesadiq is on a distinguished road
Default mystylesadiq, This is true

I really appreciate you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Prince View Post
It has been noticed since the Geo tv has had a massive viewers that it is airing such programs,news,dramas,and political debatable programs which are meant to gain its mean and make our country as volatile at the world level.Scenario of Ajmal kasab,hatched by Geo Tv had left a great impact over economy and over the relationship of Pakistan with other nations.

http://www.youtube.com/v/MQrI4WPTSUE

You can judge from above video that in which language they speak about Pakistani security agencies like Geo is an Indian news channel and it seems to be. I'll post more proofs and videos which will reveal the treachery of this news channel from the land of pure, which claims to be the most influential channel of the country.

sfmascot is on a distinguished road
Default role of media

it is true that our media is playing negative role in the situtation, when our country needs it support . for example
1) it portrayed the country as one of the most backword of the world by giving coverage only to the backword areas
2) it also play an anti state role, like one of the locale was interviewed after flood, he said" the dist govt provieded the best they can" but immidiatly after this the anker person said " govt did nothing"
unlike our own media the international media showed the developed areas, the destruction etc
Now the question arises;
is the role of our media negative?? or it is immature? or passing through a transaction period.
if the geo or other or against the state or country, then why the CJ, OR THE GOVT or the respective dept take action????
and finally wht should b the role of media? specially in the recent dayssssssss?

regards

fiya is on a distinguished road

i cannot say anything with certainty about the exact role of geo, but have been through certain videos while searching about zionism and free masons. these videos were focusing on many channel, not only geo as an ally of negative forces.
apart from that, what i can recollect is an incident of bomb blast and geo reporting where the reporter was unable to focus on any thing but repeatedly asking one and the same question about the girl who was killed ' unhon ne ghar say nikalte huay kia kaha?' and "constructive" approach is may kahan thi, woh pta nahi chala.