Sunday, April 28, 2024
08:16 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of
Default 50 reasons Pakistan needs Musharraf

Prime Minister Gilani said at the National Assembly session to leave former president Pervez Musharraf to himself and let him exercise his right to a political career in Pakistan. President Zardari said that if Musharraf wants to return, he will have to cross the same bumpy road as him to get to the presidency or premiership. Nawaz Sharif, Chaudhry Shujaat and the remaining politicians, including religious parties, want him tried for treason, Dr Aafia’s case and introducing extremism in the country.

Since the launch of his party on October 1, Musharraf has been on a political offensive. He has talked about the deal with Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto. He has also reportedly accepted that the military trained jihadis to force India to the discussion table to resolve the Kashmir issue – a statement which he has now backtracked from.

His opinions and speeches have led most of his opponents to start wondering what he’s been smoking!

However, these are just some of the achievements of the man when he was in and out of uniform.

1. Nine world class engineering universities were developed and 18 public universities further developed.

2. Pakistan was ranked third in world banking profitability.

3. The IT industry was valued at around $2 billion, including $1 billion in exports and employed around 90,000 professionals.

4. The CNG sector attracted over $70 billion in investment in the past five years and created 45,000 jobs.

5. The telecommunications sector attracted around $10 billion in investments and created over 1.3 million jobs.

6. Industrial parks were set up throughout the country for the first time.

7. Mega projects such as the Saindak, Rekodiq, marble production, coal production, mining and quarrying were pursued.

8. Foreign reserves increased from $700 million to $17 billion.

9. The Karachi stock market went from 700 points to 15,000 points.

10. The literacy rate improved by 11 per cent.

11. Poverty decreased by 10 per cent.

12. Four dams were built: Mirani, Subakzai, Gomalzam, Khurram, and Tangi,

13. Seven motorways were completed or were under construction,

14. Gwadar, an advanced sea port, was developed,

15. 650 kilometres of coastal highways were constructed.

16. A historic 100% increase in tax collection (amounting to Rs1 trillion) was observed.

17. Large scale manufacturing was at a 30-year high, and construction at a 17-year high.

18. Copper and gold deposits were found in Chagai, worth about $600 million annually if sold.

19. A new oil refinery with the UAE that could process 300,000 oil barrels a day was established.

20. The industrial sector registered 26 per cent growth.

21. The economy was the third fastest growing economy after China and India .

22. The Institute of Space Technology was established.

23. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University Quetta was established.

24. The University of Science and Technology, Bannu, was established.

25. The University of Hazara was founded.

26. The Malakand University in Chakdara was established.

27. The University of Gujrat was established

28. The Virtual University of Pakistan was established

29. Sarhad University of IT in Peshawar was established

30. The National Law University in Islamabad was established

31. The Media University in Islamabad was established

32. University of Education in Lahore was established

33. Lasbela University of Marine Sciences, Baluchistan, was established

34. Baluchistan University of IT & Management, Quetta (2002)

35. The Pakistan economy was worth $ 160 billion in 2007

36. GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) was $ 475.5 billion in 2007

37. The GDP per Capita in 2007 was $ 1000

38. Revenue collection in 2007/08 was Rs1.002 billion

39. Exports in 2007were worth $18.5 billion

40. Textile exports in 2007 were worth $11.2 billion

41. Foreign direct investment in 2007 was $8.5 billion

42. Debt servicing in 2007 was 26 per cent of the GDP

43. The poverty level in 2007 was 24 per cent

44. The literacy rate in 2007 was 53 per cent

45. Pakistan development programs in 2007 were valued at Rs520 billion

46. The Karachi stock exchange in 2007 was $70 billion at 15,000 points

47. Exports in 2007: $18.5 billion

48. Pakistan now has a total of 245,682 educational institutions in all categories, including 164,579 in the public sector and 81,103 in the private sector, according to the National Education Census (NEC-2005).

49. There are now more than 5,000 Pakistanis doing PhDs in foreign countries on scholarship. 300 Pakistanis receive PhD degrees every year, in 1999, the number was just 20.

50. In total, 99,319 educational institutions increased in Musharraf’s era!

This was some of the good Musharraf delivered to Pakistan during his martially-democratic rule from 1999 to 2008. Strange how quickly we forget his foreign policy efforts, which helped elevate the image of Pakistan globally added acceptance value to our green passports. Even the Indians next door were ready to discuss Kashmir for a solution and praised the man for his sincerity, honesty and amicable handling of the issues.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/20...eds-musharraf/
ali emraan (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), Gulrukh (Tuesday, October 12, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Wednesday, October 13, 2010)

MBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks Invincible for sharing..

I have read it on Sunday and commented on the blog but now i am not seeing my comments there :P

Let me share this with you that,

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-optio...-pakistan.html

What we are suffering today is because of his weak policies, law and order situation was worst during his regime, we lost two national leaders, Bugti and BB, thousands missing, millions affected due to law and order, business went down, his efforts to boom economic bubble were badly failed due to war within the boundaries. OK no fight

Regards,
Waqas77 (Thursday, October 14, 2010)

MBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura about
Default I don't deny his efforts

Dear friends,

He brought us real development, standard of living improved during his tenure, same you can see in Ayub and Zia's regimes, kindly read the economic outputs during the previous general's era, you will be shocked to see that each time a dictator ruled, he blessed the country with real development, but in the meantime they end up with blunders, and thankfully they feel it. Ayub and Yahya resigned, stubborn Zia killed, Mushraf resigned.

If they were right always, why they had resigned or killed, being the chiefs of army, they knew they are above the law and can rule us robustly, whats the hand behind those resignations?

I have always appreciated that they feel the guilt and resigned, unlike others.

Let me put some light on the real growth during his time with comparison.

Basic comparison of 1999 and 2007

Pak Economy in 1999 was: $ 75 billion
Pak Economy in 2007 is: $ 160 billion

GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) in 1999: $ 270 billion
GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) in 2007: $ 475.5 billion

GDP per Capita in 1999: $ 2,000
GDP per Capita in 2007: $ 3,004

Pak revenue collection 1999: Rs. 305 billion
Pak revenue collection 2007: Rs. 708 billion

Pak Foreign reserves in 1999: $ 700 million
Pak Foreign reserves in 2007: $ 17 billion

Pak Exports in 1999: $ 7.5 billion
Pak Exports in 2007: $ 18.5 billion

Textile Exports in 1999: $ 5.5 billion
Textile Exports in 2007: $ 11.2 billion

KHI stock exchange 1999: $ 5 billion at 700 points
KHI stock exchange 2007: $ 70 billion at 14,000 points

Foreign Direct Investment in 1999: $ 1 billion
Foreign Direct Investment in 2007: $ 8 billion

Debt servicing 1999: 65% of GDP
Debt servicing 2007: 26% of GDP

Poverty level in 1999: 34%
Poverty level in 2007: 24%

Literacy rate in 1999: 45%
Literacy rate in 2007: 53%

Pak Development programs 1999: Rs. 80 billion
Pak Development programs 2007: Rs. 520 billion

Note: I am not PPP/PML/MQM/JUI or PTI loyalist, I am committed Pakistani, that's it.

Regards,

Last edited by MBA; Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: word missing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MBA For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Mahmood (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), Gulrukh (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Wednesday, October 13, 2010)
Old Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
No matter how much people call him a dictator or killer or assassin of some one or any thing.

but one thing which I like about him is that,

he did so much for education.he built so many universities,sent so many students abroad for Ph.D's.

you know how difficult it is to study in foreign university.no ordinary person like you and me can afford that expenses but musharraf made it possible for us.he built the future of some people and those people are not going to forget him.will always pray for him.

economy improved.me a common pakistani saw development with my own eyes.i saw people jumping the ladder of success during his tenure.

how can we forget all that.eyes dont decieve.look around and you will see what he did for us.his 9 year regime was a miracle happened to this country.

leave red mosque tragedy,leave bugti's death and leave dictatorship.these things happened becaz of some reasons.they were just the result of some action on their part.

look what he did on his own.how he improved the infrastruture of this country.the nazim system has improved our localities.

i just can't tell or describe in words.i will only say few words,

God bless Musharraf.

no matter how people oppose him.but reality will soon dawn upon this nation and they will know that this democratic regime is nothing but just a camouflage just a smoke screen.some thing very suspicious is going on behind this camouflage.
democracy is just a smokescreen used by these robbers to rob our country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gulrukh For This Useful Post:
Ayesha Mahmood (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Wednesday, October 13, 2010)

mitariq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
he did so much for education.he built so many universities
Musharaf built many universities, but obliterated the educational system of the of FATA and Balochistan, by starting a war in our own courtyard. lack of education in these areas helps in nurturing the terrorism.

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitariq View Post
Musharaf built many universities, but obliterated the educational system of the of FATA and Balochistan, by starting a war in our own courtyard. lack of education in these areas helps in nurturing the terrorism.
dont blame musharraf for this.ask your C.M and your Governer and all those in authority there i know there are lots of.
ask them why they are reluctant in building universities.i know there answer will be lack of funds.

this is the curse of democracy.no money for education.musharraf did whatever he could to built universities in this country.
he started war in balochistan.yes.he did it.and he was right.just to purge your land of traitors and anti pakistan elements.

you should thank musharraf.dont blame musharraf.blame all those who are responsible for this mess.and are still going on.
peace will descend upon your land only if you wish.dont give army the chance to subdue you.

I am not favoring any available government or any politicians, they are corrupt its a universal truth......
Quote:
don't blame musharraf for this
why not I blame him, he ruled us for a decade and is not responsible for any thing? starting the war in Balochistan, and carnage of populace, allowing NATO forces and giving them cart blanche, we are facing huge territorial intervention. he baked recipe of disaster and provoked his own hidden agenda. He was under the thumb of US authorities like our politicians.
so this was all needed and the necessity of time,

We understand death for the first time
when he puts his hand upon one we love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitariq View Post
I am not favoring any available government or any politicians, they are corrupt its a universal truth......

why not I blame him, he ruled us for a decade and is not responsible for any thing? starting the war in Balochistan, and carnage of populace, allowing NATO forces and giving them cart blanche, we are facing huge territorial intervention. he baked recipe of disaster and provoked his own hidden agenda. He was under the thumb of US authorities like our politicians.
so this was all needed and the necessity of time,

We understand death for the first time
when he puts his hand upon one we love
musharraf is human being.and any man can commit follies.no body is above law.bring him and try him.

musharraf allowed americans in this country for some reasons.
you know how he deceived the US.never gave them the chance to attack us directly.never gave them the chance to listen to what indian lobby who is constantly asking them to attack us.asking US to take forcefully all our weapons.destroy all our left over soverignty.
musharraf saved entire nation by agreeing to their demands.

you know...........sometimes it is better to shake hands with devil for your own interests.musharraf did the same thing.

i know it was bad.death is better than the slavery of a devil.but musharraf did this to save us.america was ready to throw us in stone age.
we are puppets.why dont we understand.we are deeply entangled in american ropes.no way out.

and one thing,

he killed your favorite leader.he killed him along with countless others in some cave of balochistan.you are feeling the wrath.you want revenge.
go and kill that man but it will be useless now.becaz you will kill an ordinary man.he is no more a general.

he did that as a general.he had no personal rivalry with that man.if you want revenge then go and kill entire army of this country.kill all.

Quote:
musharraf is human being.and any man can commit follies
if Zaradri, NAwaz, or any other politician do something wrong, then they are corrupt, dishonest, or rotten. but as Musharaf committed bunch of atrocities he is human being. nice justification !!!!
Quote:
you know how he deceived the US.never gave them the chance to attack us directly
well i think you are totally misguided, dear they are attacking us directly(can you define direct and indirect attack for me ){i think you mean drone attack is indirect and the military attack is direct, you confused me by using this term }

Quote:
sometimes it is better to shake hands with devil for your own interests
in my knowledge we used sometime for short time, but we are their ally in the highly controversial war for more then seven years, and the present government with low charisma can't overcome this blunder...

Quote:
america was ready to throw us in stone age.
but there must some other ways, not to indulge in the war and everyone know the extension war in our areas, you think we are safe because you are safe in you home? what about the others, who are daily targeted by drones. what happen if an attack obliterate your sweet home..
Quote:
he killed your favorite leader
no one is my leader, except Musharaf, Zardari, Nawaz, Imran, and the army but when they start doing their jobs, by quiting their covert affairs...

Quote:
if you want revenge then go and kill entire army of this country
i am pacifist
The Following User Says Thank You to mitariq For This Useful Post:

Default Gul..

Dear friends,

The point is, none hates army, its the most prestigious department, i had some relatives there too, now retired, I heartily respect ARMY and love ISI, I believe that, Pakistan is stable and surviving because of them, but we should be neutral when we are talking about national issues.

Gul:
Je tiens à vous envoyer quelque chose par e-mail, comment l'obtenir, ou vous pouvez prendre mon adresse email de mon profil et contact.

Regards,