Sunday, April 28, 2024
11:45 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, October 13, 2010

ali emraan will become famous soon enough
Default a position holder of uet commits suicide owing to non payment of fee.

deart aspirants,

last night, a student of feculty of mechanical engineering named QALB E ALI 5th semester has committed suicide owing to his poverty and increase in fees and reduction of scholarships from the HEC.
when the suicide attempts are made by the students in any society, where our leaders are leading us?
what we as a nation need to rescue these thousands of deprived but able students who are helpless now a days

Mao Zedong has a spectacular aura aboutMao Zedong has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali emraan View Post
deart aspirants,

last night, a student of feculty of mechanical engineering named QALB E ALI 5th semester has committed suicide owing to his poverty and increase in fees and reduction of scholarships from the HEC.
when the suicide attempts are made by the students in any society, where our leaders are leading us?
what we as a nation need to rescue these thousands of deprived but able students who are helpless now a days
Most of us might know the complexities relating to getting of admission at a UET (whether it is of Lahore, Peshawar, Taxila ....anywhere); as you know the procedure of entry tests and the marks criteria in F.Sc/Matric, domicile, number of available seats etc. - a long and irritating procedure just like a competitive examination through which very few bright students are being selected. Deceased Mr. QALB-E-ALI, as you mentioned, was a position holder and studying in the 5th semester, must be the brightest among the bights. So sad, he commit suicide only because of his financial problems. In our country where billions of rupees are being allocated for useless foreign tours in the budget, everyone is talking about NRO and midterm elections, but no one is talking about the hardships of people like the QABL-E-ALI. What the hell is going on !!!!!!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mao Zedong For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), Gulrukh (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), Mehria (Saturday, October 23, 2010)

such as acts show the hollowness of our system. when the intellactuals and the constructors of future start commiting suicides then watch out! ...that our system is at the edge of the ditch.
isn,t this the ripening time for the students to rebel from the system and to raise the slogans of hammering the status quo?

(sorry for quoting the wrong name.the name of the student was SIFFAT ALI).

and remember one thing more that siffat ali was the only sane son of his family. his brother was mentally ill. and had a poor family. he was used to pay his fee through the scholarship .which was snatched by current govt.
according to the sources ,he had not eaten anything since two days.

like him 234 other students are deprived of scholarships and they belong to miserable families.
GOD may save these 234 future engineers of uet lhr from suicides and expelling from university!
Gulrukh (Wednesday, October 13, 2010)

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
wohi hua jis ka dar tha.....

exactly this thing i pointed out a week or two ago that things are not as good as they are appearing.
the stoppage of funds is destroying poor students.the misery faced by students can only be understood by fellow students.

no body was interested to discuss it.why are you discussing it now.that student is gone..maar diya uss ne apney aap ko...he is not going to return.

why he did this? who will be responsible for his death?
all those students of UET simply come on merit.only bright students.belonging to poor families with no resources.

why our government is playing with their future? just imagine the mental anguish which compeled him to kill himself..
no body seemed to care.no one thinks about students.

mar jayen ya bhaar main jayen in logon ko koi parwa nahin hai.
their own sons are studying in oxford,in dubai,in scotland and poor students are being deprived of scholarships.

leave scholarships regular fees per semester is also going to be increased very soon.that will be the final stroke.

its just the begining lets see who kills himself next.i just feel so sorry for that youngster.my one brother has studied from UET and other is currently studying there.we could better understand their anguish.

a topper killed himself in this country.what a pity.i have no more words to describe my feelings.We are responsible too.becaz we are silent.

May his soul rest in peace.....how many more will go like this...ham thak gaye hain ab ye sun sun kar...oh God bless his soul...we are sorry bro.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gulrukh For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), IZAZ (Sunday, October 24, 2010)
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

It is a sad incident and depicts the danger of rising poverty and stress in the youth and people of other ages. The recent decision of finance minister for stoppage of funds to HEC would be the final blow the worries of deceased soul. Gul Niazi pointed out the issue of funds but she was directed by some members to focus on study and called it a useless debate.

those who rule out the %age of poverty in causes of suicidal attacks and crimes,should review their thoughts.
a mechanical engineer could earn a handsome amount for his poor family. but, the fate and the system never allowed a position holder to wait for even one and half year.

@crown prince
the national situation has made us senseless to feel the
exact feeling when he was going to hang himself with the roof fan in his hostel.
after attending the class ,unable to pay mess-charges ,dying by weakness, deeming for any possible option left to survive,and to sustain his enrollment in
university,thinking about the rejected requests by the concerned authorities pertaining the fee-concessions.... ......

according to his friends,he was extremely normal person in routine,a genius.
my query is which thing abstained him from thinking about his deprived mother and helpless brother, while doing that?????
Gulrukh (Wednesday, October 13, 2010)

QAMalik is on a distinguished road
Default Its very sad

Dear Members

I would like to share a personal experience here. Yesterday as I entered into a govt college located in Rawalpindi for taking paper, as my exams are underway nowadays, the clock was ticking somewhere round 8:35 in the morning and the morning prayers were being held in the college assembly.

A teacher was before the dice, delivering lecture on the equality of mankind. He was also quoting from the Holy Quran. I was sitting in the park, close to the main entrance, listening the lecture while observing the college late comers. A group of teachers was standing some fifteen feet from me.

Suddenly I saw a boy with his college bag. He passed me, but instead of following the footsteps of his fellows and avoiding the group of teachers, he went straight to them. A cold handshaking followed, I noted cold as only two of the teachers responded while they were not less than seven in number, then the arguments between the both parties, which lasted not more than a minute.

What caught my attention was a furious favor of one of the teachers, he spoke in his full, which also overpowered the powerful speakers installed in the college, "I want to FAVOR you". In no time he was in action, pushing the poor lad out of the college gate thus blessing him with his favors. Two or three more gentlemen, led by the peon, also contributed open heartedly. The boy who was walking backwards soon realized the ferocity and turned his back to the class rooms. He was out of the college. He was out because he was not in proper shoes. He was wearing black sandals instead of black boots.

I also heard the same teacher crying, "How can I give you thousand rupee so that you can purchase your boots".

I am really sorry, I could not do anything, may be I am not so courageous or I was not in a position to receive the favors as the poor fellow received. My paper was to start in ten minutes time and in the same college.

But I thought for a long time and am still thinking, who will give money to him so that he could continue his studies. Surely not the teacher. He is not responsible. Govt? So poor already... can't afford. His father? Yes! it is his responsibility. Got the answer. BUT, what if his father has passed away already? Do anyone have the answer, please?
Gulrukh (Wednesday, October 13, 2010), Slazenger (Wednesday, October 13, 2010)
38th CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  48

Muqeet Asim will become famous soon enough

this tragic incidents speaks volumes about the hopeless situation our young generation is facing...
i feel so sorry, rather ashamed on this incident...
if govt cannot provide scholarships for free then give worthy students a chance to earn money through special on-campus part-time jobs in libraries and other clerical postings.
this whole scheme of cutting the budgets short without giving a second thought to the consequences is brutal.

may our leaders and superiors and the ppl in authority have an iota of common sense....ameen
ahmadbilal (Wednesday, October 13, 2010)

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
Post death............

Quote:
a mechanical engineer could earn a handsome amount for his poor family. but, the fate and the system never allowed a position holder to wait for even one and half year.

@crown prince
the national situation has made us senseless to feel the
exact feeling when he was going to hang himself with the roof fan in his hostel.
after attending the class ,unable to pay mess-charges ,dying by weakness, deeming for any possible option left to survive,and to sustain his enrollment in
university,thinking about the rejected requests by the concerned authorities pertaining the fee-concessions.
oh my God that youngster suffered so much.he had nothing to eat.he was hungry.died without any complain.oh God.we could be so cruel.a boy was suffering so much and no body was there for his help.
so bright student.
we lost him.life could be so hard for some.he hanged himself to death.
i dont know what to say.

Quote:
according to his friends,he was extremely normal person in routine,a genius.
my query is which thing abstained him from thinking about his deprived mother and helpless brother, while doing that?????
he was normal indeed.just put yourself in his position and think what you will do.when you have no money and you have abnormal siblings you have poor parents when you have no money no resources.no one seemed to care about you.every one kicks you and give you cold shoulder.
when there is nothing then why not kill yourself.why live.suicide is not allowed but sometimes life becomes so hard that you want to tear away the very body which you possess.you seem to lose yourself.death looks tranquil.a condition of bliss from all the worldly mess.
if God shows no mercy on you then you lose all hope.you pray again and again but no one listens even God then only one thing which looks good is death.sorry if i have said some thing wrong but its like this.
young age plus emotional condition and fear of being lost forever produces some thing realted to suicidal feelings.
this boy saw his future bleak and grim and thought to deal with it in his own way.if life is not of your choice then atleast death could be of your own choice...............gone forever......no tention.....no begging....no mercy....no love needed....absolutely free soul.
LIFE WITHOUT FUTURE HAS NO IMPORTANCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAMalik View Post

But I thought for a long time and am still thinking, who will give money to him so that he could continue his studies. Surely not the teacher. He is not responsible. Govt? So poor already... can't afford. His father? Yes! it is his responsibility. Got the answer. BUT, what if his father has passed away already? Do anyone have the answer, please?
nothing will happen.he too will kill himself maybe.and one more news in newspaper.
or if still he wants to live then this kicking will go on till he is dead.
suffering is in the fate of poor people.
our government......i want to tell you that you will be held responsible for each death.
God will punish you.MAY GOD'S WRATH FALL ON THIS GOVERNMENT.

Slazenger is on a distinguished road

@ All
its really heart breakening.i really feel sorry about it especially now when im viewing the news on city 42 that duration of VC of UET Lahore is extended for 4 more years. This is the "accountability & justice" done right on the eve of such a sad moment by the government of pathetic hypocrites. Live talk shows & news programmes have much more important topics like NRO, Supreme court hearings etc to cover yet there is no one from the ruling elite even to express fake sympathies neither so called active media has any time to mourn at such a tragic loss.