Saturday, April 27, 2024
06:46 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, October 16, 2010
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

By way of policy-making if you want amendments then that is a looong, difficult route, yet very satisfying by the end of the day. Everyone from the PM to a clerk will have to set things straight for that. If you're looking for solutions within the FSP, the fact is that our successive governments have installed ambassadors to important countries on lateral entry. In the last 20 years, we havent had any CSP, who is trained in the art of diplomacy, sitting either in USA or UK. This government specially has made almost all 'lucrative' postings on lateral basis. Due to this unprofessional-ism, we hear absurd stories of incompetence every other day. Recently, the Consul General of Pak in NYC was given an offer of sponsorship to carry relief messages on the main billboard at Times Square for the flood victims. It was a precious opportunity which if used creatively could have generated millions of dollars in relief goods and funds. Instead he chose to display his own picture, his name, designation and yet another shot at his boot-licking his patron government.
Elsewhere in Syria I heard the newly appointed Ambassador appointed his men in key positions in UN's wings, the Pakistani state controlled institutions there and almost all of them were family members. Ideally, this man should have been busy building liaisons of the Syrian government with Pakistan in order to further its economic and political interests. Think of what he could have done if he tried to bridge our gaps with Iran (which is a much needed ally in the region) by using Syrian intermediaries. Or connecting us with the Russians with the help of the Syrians. But thats all for the apt mind. And then the Ambassador needs the support of his government in taking decisions too. If the government's foreign policy to begin with is in doldrums, no FSP personnel can achieve anything beyond a little trade and cultural relationship.

So in order to change it at that high a level, we need to change the WHOLE system from scratch. And perhaps those aspiring for FSP today can make a difference tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to aphrodite For This Useful Post:
Tipu Shah (Saturday, October 16, 2010)

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

@aphrodite

you r very right dear...

What we need... a strong will... a powerful action and full comitment... and Insha Allah we'll get the result soon.....
True that it is a time taking process but we have no other option.... If we waste our time than it'll be not in our favour in any case...

As far as FSP is concern... our diplomacy totally dependant upon FSP officers... FSP make all types of policies and if they fire the bullet at the right time than they will get the targeted results.....

We have to correct our bases, so that our building become strong and stay for a long time.... while correcting our bases, we must put all spoiled eggs out of the basket.... and we all know very well about the Spoiled Eggs....

Fnoor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what we need... A strong will... A powerful action and full comitment... And insha allah we'll get the result soon.....
True that it is a time taking process but we have no other option.... If we waste our time than it'll be not in our favour in any case...
this is what i meant...."we" all have to perform equally....!

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

@Fnoor

Yes we all have to perform equally....
and i meant that
indivisually we are perfoming and now this is the time for a collective and authentic effort............

Sumren Shah is on a distinguished road

thanks miss maria shamshad
your comments r really nice n realistic
he solution of our all problems is maximum justics n education.
but you know that here in Pakistan there is no equal education system.u can c a huge difference in people studied in grammer schools n the people who studied in Govt schools.this unequality in education is also a main factor of our scattered society.
the second thing I want to mention here is as u said

"However, we must continuously and "forcefully spread the message of Islam," which is that of peace, tolerance and enlightenment."

yes we must continously spread the message of islam.its our relegious duty.
but the point I want to mention here is "forcefully spread the message of Islam" as u have said.
my dear Allah has said in Holy Quran
"Laa Ikraha Fiddin"
its mean there is no force in Islam
we cannot spread the message of Islam forcefully.
it is against the rules of Islam
hope u will ot mind it
these r just my views. any one can comments critically on my views.