Monday, May 13, 2024
03:23 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, November 01, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBA View Post
See the media during Gen Mushraff regime was same, almost every anchor and news channel were there and they hit the government so badly that it collapsed. Now their loaded guns are demoralizing the current government, they are just proving that, no system is viable in Pakistan e.g. Democracy or Dictatorship. Media anchors are telling us stories and their own analysis by saying that, its people's pole.
May I ask, why dont Government take them to task on those fake stories?

Quote:
Dear fellows, its a game plan to destabilize the country, from each and every corner media is playing its role, paying huge sum to anchors in millions, and managing a fair support in foreign lobby, each and every time a Media channel or anchor is hit, foreign senators/congressman approaches to government for protection, guys on this form are having good contacts with bureaucracy and army, they can confirm the media's contacts, and stances, their frequent visits to US embassy, attending late night parties at other embassies etc etc.
Now,you are exaggerating,dont paint media as an establishment, it cant derail the government or play havoc with this country.

MBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura aboutMBA has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
May I ask, why dont Government take them to task on those fake stories?

Now,you are exaggerating,dont paint media as an establishment, it cant derail the government or play havoc with this country.
I've news to prove my points, I gave certain logic above and in previous threads too, by the way what points you have presented to save Media? I am here to present the facts that I know are correct, but can't feel the same way for you, obviously.

Kindly prove your point, its not enough to deny my words by typing a single personal statement As for as Media is concerned, each and every known bureaucrat, politician and normal civilian is saying, Media is the 4th pillar, what does that mean? Is it not like they are establishment any way? Their false or manipulated news are taken seriously, even the top brass of army showed their concerns and grievances on Media along with Ex-servicemen, politicians and educated nationals on this forum showed their grudges against the media's bias or irresponsible behavior, still you need a media poll to believe? LOL then? :P

There is no accountability of Media as such, they are free to raise any issue without any permission from concerned authorities, you better go, ask and investigate this on your own, I have seen much in my previous visit to Islamabad, what a executive life 100s of journalists enjoying, there connections are stronger than so called CSPs, they can insult anyone, they can broadcast anything, they can prove any false news, just like they did in case of "Mumbai attack" suspected person case and confirmed his belonging to Fareed-kot, and many news like that are available.

I've read most of the threads/posts on this forum and for me comments from the members are most valuable and worth discussion rather than believing on dazed media polls and their analysis, most of the members directly or indirectly thinks, Media is not doing right!
I don't call whole media as foolish and full of conspiracies, kindly see "Tonight with Najam Sethi" on Dunya news, I am not going to his background but his approach is neutral and calm, he doesn't pressurize single party, he never used "single-out" approach.

As you are aspirant of CSS or CJ exam, you must have read little about "Yellow-Journalism" and we are victim of it.

Regards,

Last edited by MBA; Monday, November 01, 2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: does!
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've news to prove my points, I gave certain logic above and in previous threads too, by the way what points you have presented to save Media? I am here to present the facts that I know are correct, but can't feel the same way for you, obviously.

Kindly prove your point, its not enough to deny my words by typing a single personal statement As for as Media is concerned, each and every known bureaucrat, politician and normal civilian is saying, Media is the 4th pillar, what does that mean? Is it not like they are establishment any way? Their false or manipulated news are taken seriously, even the top brass of army showed their concerns and grievances on Media along with Ex-servicemen, politicians and educated nationals on this forum showed their grudges against the media's bias or irresponsible behavior, still you need a media poll to believe? LOL then? :P

There is no accountability of Media as such, they are free to raise any issue without any permission from concerned authorities, you better go, ask and investigate this on your own, I have seen much in my previous visit to Islamabad, what a executive life 100s of journalists enjoying, there connections are stronger than so called CSPs, they can insult anyone, they can broadcast anything, they can prove any false news, just like they did in case of "Mumbai attack" suspected person case and confirmed his belonging to Fareed-kot, and many news like that are available.

I've read most of the threads/posts on this forum and for me comments from the members are most valuable and worth discussion rather than believing on dazed media polls and their analysis, most of the members directly or indirectly thinks, Media is not doing right!
I don't call whole media as foolish and full of conspiracies, kindly see "Tonight with Najam Sethi" on Dunya news, I am not going to his background but his approach is neutral and calm, he doesn't pressurize single party, he never used "single-out" approach.

As you are aspirant of CSS or CJ exam, you must have read little about "Yellow-Journalism" and we are victim of it.

Regards,
Dear,I dont give media much importance as you do.If they are queering their pitch by maligning govt's image baselessly,its the prime responsibilty of sitting govt to call those elements on the carpet.Just selling lips will further worsen their position and strengthen media's move.

Regards

axsim is on a distinguished road
Dear MBA,
respectfully littile bit disagreed with you. Things don't work like that ever. If media is playing such role (since 5-6 years) then till when they can survive in Pakistan???? After all its PAKISTAN!!! WE ALL and ISI + ARMY are protecting it and will protect till the day of judgement, InshAllah. So the question that anchors are protected by anit-pakistan elements and are destabilizing pakistan is gone because they can't do so in the pressence of ISI, Pak-Army and WE!!! Musharaf left due to unbearable pressure on him of his misdeeds like expelling judicary and lot of his other policies those were criticsized by every1. PPP is also under pressure because THEY ARE GENUINELY CORRUPT and lot of corruption is still going on.
I was wondering the statement of Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik yesterday that he said: "I have ordered FIA to start grand clean sweep operation against corrupt element in govt departments". First of all we should ask him that what the hell govt was doing since they came in power? Have they awaken just now after almost 3 years despite that the media is continously revealing their corrpution scandles and same are then challenged in Apex courts by different lawyers belonging to different parties and community against govt??.
It means what media is doing is not TOTALLY wrong. For example the news of giving contracts of power plants to foreign companies and hell of corruption in this scandal was broken up by Kamran Khan a year back almost, and now the courts are hearing this case and the government delayed the process due to such pressure from media, people and now from Judicary. Yesterday the contractors have given deadline to govt, of 30 Nov. that "they will withdraw and are fedup of procedural delays in pakistan."
Rehman Malik on one hand says that an operation is staring and on other side he is sending 200 hajji (including bureaucrates, journalists, ministers) on hajj on his own personal money which will cost 27 Million rupees to him....?????? (report in dawn of past sat or friday) Whats that exactly??? its undigesable to me at least. Fews days back PM Gillani was in lahore and announced to give money to PPP MPA's. Media also criticized it. Tax payers money is being distributed among MPA's..... (bandar bant). They never said "people" "for people" of MPA's area. Definitely this money will directly go in the pocket of MPAs because they were unhappy and were ignored by punjab govt. So my dear corrpution is going every where and if media is highlighting it than I don't think its something bad or is something called anti-pakistan.
I hope and wish if you had seen yesterdays program "Sawal ye hai" on ARY news. It was all about Hajj corruption with proof and documents and a federal lady state person of ministry of religious affairs didn't denied all. The way the hajji were taken up on phone and he was crying coz he lost his everything there. I believe this ministry name should be changed from "Ministry of religious affaits" to " Ministry of corruption affairs". A quota of ppl is sent on Hajj on govt expenses from all over pakistan but this year and as well as last year people only from Multan and another city (i forgot the name of city) are going to Hajj. Media also criticized this and there are documented proves. Again whats wrong if media is highlighting all this corruption.
I'll come here to the quote of INVINCIBLE "why dont Government take them to task on those fake stories?" ?? ??
By doing so and by breaking corruption news and scandals, I don't think media is derailing the so called democratic govt. I believe MBA you are not also in favour of such corruption. then whats wrong if this has been done by media?
Yes I agree, as I have said in my few other posts also that sometimes media becomes controversial but not all the time. Mostly the stories are genuine and based on truth and evidences.

ayesha iftikhar is on a distinguished road

I think media only wants a story/issue every day in order to attract the attention of the people. For the particular day, They create stress among people and without concluding that next day and next story is introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayesha iftikhar View Post
I think media only wants a story/issue every day in order to attract the attention of the people. For the particular day, They create stress among people and without concluding that next day and next story is introduced.
It is so because media reflects your society. As we listen the news and misdeeds of the government and their immense price hike like today about petroleum and electricity, we also just become worried and we discuss it for a day or half and we then also forget and keep quite and come back in our daily routine without any strong reaction and behaviour or protest than whats wrong if media is doing same ???

@ MBA: "As you are aspirant of CSS or CJ exam, you must have read little about "Yellow-Journalism" and we are victim of it."

Dear if you are appearing in this competitive exam then you should not stick to syllabus. CSS is not just about the books you study for 12 courses, infact its all about your skills and and analytical approach you opt to answer in examination hall. "Yellow Journalism" concept which you have quoted from the syllabi of journalism is an idea that was started in the begining of 19th century. My dear its now the start of 21st century. Yellow hournalism theory or concept was addopted that time when ppl were not educated and familiar. Journalists, at that time use to attract their reader by different fake and maked-up stories. But now such sort of things like "yellow-journalism" are not applicable and tolerable by any1 in any mean. people are now well educated and understand the things.
would like to quote an example here about evening news papers of our country. most of them when started, tried to use this concept of yellow journalism but were condemned by everyone. Either they closed or they failed to influence people.
rest of your questions are almost answered in my last reply.
rgds

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsim View Post
It is so because media reflects your society. As we listen the news and misdeeds of the government and their immense price hike like today about petroleum and electricity, we also just become worried and we discuss it for a day or half and we then also forget and keep quite and come back in our daily routine without any strong reaction and behaviour or protest than whats wrong if media is doing same ???
my dear, we are not saying that media should hide the facts, but we are saying that he should disclose the facts but also give awarness to the public so that they dont take tension. [B]Just like, if price of petrol rise, so this is media's responsibility to tell the public that this is becuse of the hike in prices in international markets rather than telling the public that this this only due to mis-managment of the Government.[B],,,
pertrol prices in sharjah also raised by the govt. rectently, (u.a.e the oil rich country).
So, media should avoid this policy of blaming the Govt. In fact they are not telling us the facts but they are [B]showing these facts as the weaknesses of the Govt.

I am not saying that Govt. is "farishta", but media should follow the code of conduct........

Quote:
Dear asim, I value your concerns about media, but fact remains unchanged; that is, the filthy media policies are pushing us towards nowhere but turbulence.

See the media during Gen Mushraff regime was same, almost every anchor and news channel were there and they hit the government so badly that it collapsed. Now their loaded guns are demoralizing the current government, they are just proving that, no system is viable in Pakistan e.g. Democracy or Dictatorship. Media anchors are telling us stories and their own analysis by saying that, its people's pole.

Dear fellows, its a game plan to destabilize the country, from each and every corner media is playing its role, paying huge sum to anchors in millions, and managing a fair support in foreign lobby, each and every time a Media channel or anchor is hit, foreign senators/congressman approaches to government for protection, guys on this form are having good contacts with bureaucracy and army, they can confirm the media's contacts, and stances, their frequent visits to US embassy, attending late night parties at other embassies etc etc.

Refer to this video before anyone removes it, see how superbly and thoroughly army is humiliated on Media, first bureaucracy, then political-leadership and now army, who is left? Only the Media is left to be humiliated !

http://pkpolitics.com/2010/10/31/jaw...-october-2010/

Regards,
Superb and perfect thinking my dear....... very well Said..... me 100% agree my dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsim View Post
Dear MBA,
respectfully littile bit disagreed with you. Things don't work like that ever. If media is playing such role (since 5-6 years) then till when they can survive in Pakistan???? After all its PAKISTAN!!! WE ALL and ISI + ARMY are protecting it and will protect till the day of judgement, InshAllah. So the question that anchors are protected by anit-pakistan elements and are destabilizing pakistan is gone because they can't do so in the pressence of ISI, Pak-Army and WE!!! Musharaf left due to unbearable pressure on him of his misdeeds like expelling judicary and lot of his other policies those were criticsized by every1. PPP is also under pressure because THEY ARE GENUINELY CORRUPT and lot of corruption is still going on.
I was wondering the statement of Federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik yesterday that he said: "I have ordered FIA to start grand clean sweep operation against corrupt element in govt departments". First of all we should ask him that what the hell govt was doing since they came in power? Have they awaken just now after almost 3 years despite that the media is continously revealing their corrpution scandles and same are then challenged in Apex courts by different lawyers belonging to different parties and community against govt??.
It means what media is doing is not TOTALLY wrong. For example the news of giving contracts of power plants to foreign companies and hell of corruption in this scandal was broken up by Kamran Khan a year back almost, and now the courts are hearing this case and the government delayed the process due to such pressure from media, people and now from Judicary. Yesterday the contractors have given deadline to govt, of 30 Nov. that "they will withdraw and are fedup of procedural delays in pakistan."
Rehman Malik on one hand says that an operation is staring and on other side he is sending 200 hajji (including bureaucrates, journalists, ministers) on hajj on his own personal money which will cost 27 Million rupees to him....?????? (report in dawn of past sat or friday) Whats that exactly??? its undigesable to me at least. Fews days back PM Gillani was in lahore and announced to give money to PPP MPA's. Media also criticized it. Tax payers money is being distributed among MPA's..... (bandar bant). They never said "people" "for people" of MPA's area. Definitely this money will directly go in the pocket of MPAs because they were unhappy and were ignored by punjab govt. So my dear corrpution is going every where and if media is highlighting it than I don't think its something bad or is something called anti-pakistan.
I hope and wish if you had seen yesterdays program "Sawal ye hai" on ARY news. It was all about Hajj corruption with proof and documents and a federal lady state person of ministry of religious affairs didn't denied all. The way the hajji were taken up on phone and he was crying coz he lost his everything there. I believe this ministry name should be changed from "Ministry of religious affaits" to " Ministry of corruption affairs". A quota of ppl is sent on Hajj on govt expenses from all over pakistan but this year and as well as last year people only from Multan and another city (i forgot the name of city) are going to Hajj. Media also criticized this and there are documented proves. Again whats wrong if media is highlighting all this corruption.
I'll come here to the quote of INVINCIBLE "why dont Government take them to task on those fake stories?" ?? ??
By doing so and by breaking corruption news and scandals, I don't think media is derailing the so called democratic govt. I believe MBA you are not also in favour of such corruption. then whats wrong if this has been done by media?
Yes I agree, as I have said in my few other posts also that sometimes media becomes controversial but not all the time. Mostly the stories are genuine and based on truth and evidences.
very well said....
but i have some differences my dear,

my dear you are saying about the corruption, i think if you have any contact with a well-known journalist than you come to know easilly that how they blackmail the persons. Media itself is the collection of the corrupt people and how can we believe the news of th Media?
Geo Group, largest group, is defaulter of billion of tax.
If they have so pain for the public than first they pay the tax and than demand from the others.
In this thread, in all other thread, i want to say that nobody can do anything for us untill and unless we do something by overselves my dear. Media now a days is not represnting the public my dear. Public has no concern with the tax payer, no concern with the corrupt poepl, public have concern only only and only the basic necessatieis of life my dear. Fact is that media is totally failed to present the general cause of the public.

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Monday, November 01, 2010 at 03:46 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu Shah View Post
my dear, we are not saying that media should hide the facts, but we are saying that he should disclose the facts but also give awarness to the public so that they dont take tension. [B]Just like, if price of petrol rise, so this is media's responsibility to tell the public that this is becuse of the hike in prices in international markets rather than telling the public that this this only due to mis-managment of the Government.[B],,,
pertrol prices in sharjah also raised by the govt. rectently, (u.a.e the oil rich country).
So, media should avoid this policy of blaming the Govt. In fact they are not telling us the facts but they are [B]showing these facts as the weaknesses of the Govt.

I am not saying that Govt. is "farishta", but media should follow the code of conduct........

In 2007, when prices were remarkabaly increasing in pakistan, petrol price was decreased by Saudi govt. from 90 halala to 60 halala per litre !!
I guess you don't know how much govt is already earning from petrol. So its not necessary to compare pakistan's petroleum prices with intl market. Infact govt should re-examine their petroleum policy and give relief to the people and should reduce corruption on the other hand to over come the difference.

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Dear,I dont give media much importance as you do.If they are queering their pitch by maligning govt's image baselessly,its the prime responsibilty of sitting govt to call those elements on the carpet.Just selling lips will further worsen their position and strengthen media's move.

Regards
Mr. Musharaf took action against the Media. What happened with that action? what our so called "Civil Society" did? In fact, according to my opinion, there is no Civil Society in Pakistan.
In case of Musharaf, media present him has the "Badmash" and our all public's sympathies were with media. If we support Musharraf at that time and understood the need of the time than we must have some peacfull condition in media sector in these days.