Monday, April 29, 2024
10:55 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, October 26, 2010
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about
Default Transparecy International Report

TIR says that Pakistan in corruption has come on 32nd position from 40+ position. kia baat hai g.Geo Pakistan
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.

ayesha iftikhar is on a distinguished road

It has been said in the report only, these are the bookish comments.I think it is increasing day by day in every walk of like.

axsim is on a distinguished road
it is so because there is no accountability system. the one NAB is paralized by the PPP govt. Auditor General of Pakistan is also politicized. Allah e hafiz hai pak ka.

Thanked 1,074 Times in 471 Posts
Ali Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to behold
Default Press Release- Transparency International Pakistan

Pakistan’s decline continue in CPI 2010- Response to global crises must prioritise zero-tolerance for corruption

Berlin-Karachi , 26 October 2010 -- With governments committing huge sums to tackle the world’s most pressing problems, from the instability of financial markets to climate change and poverty, corruption remains an obstacle to achieving much needed progress, according to Transparency International’s 2010 Corruption Perceptions Index(CPI), a measure of domestic, public sector corruption released today.

The 2010 CPI shows that nearly three quarters of the 178 countries in the index score below five, on a scale from 0 (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 10 (perceived to have low levels of corruption), indicating a serious corruption problem.

“These results signal that significantly greater efforts must go into strengthening governance across the globe. With the livelihoods of so many at stake, governments’ commitments to anti-corruption, transparency and accountability must speak through their actions. Good governance is an essential part of the solution to the global policy challenges governments face today,” said Huguette Labelle, Chair of Transparency International (TI).

Pakistan 2010 Corruption Perceptions Index Score is 2.3 against 2.4 in 2009, and out of 178 countries, its ranking as most corrupt country has slipped 7 ranks, from 42 in 2009 to 34 most corrupt country in 2010.

Syed Adil Gilani, Chairman TI Pakistan said in last two year there have been unprecedented cases of corruption involving tens of billions of rupees in public sector organization, which under the Rule of Law, should have been taken up by the National Accountability Bureau. He said the Political will of the government to fight Corruption is lacking which has resulted in the Supreme Court of Pakistan to take Suo Moto action against mega corruption in NICL, Pakistan Steel, Rental Power Plants. The CPI 2010 reveals that corruption in
Pakistan is increasing, while in Bangladesh it is decreasing.

Bangladesh was perceived to be the most corrupt country in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and its ranking in 2010 is 39 most corrupt country. Reduced corruption has paid dividends to Bangladesh whose annual GDP growth last year was over 5%, while Pakistan’s GDP growth last year was near 2.4 %.

Delay in formation of An Independent Accountability Commission by the parliament may further aggravate the situation. Chairman TI Pakistan said that the Supreme Court of Pakistan, which has a declared policy of Zero-Tolerance for Corruption on 22 March 2009, in its order of 12th October, 2010 in NICL Case No.18 of 2010 involving six procurements is considers the Violation of Public Procurement Rules 2004 as a criminal act. It is a landmark order, treating violation of Public Procurement Rules 2004 as a federal crime and it will help reduction in Corruption. The direct impact of increased Corruption is witnessed in the rise in the prices of food commodities which according to the latest official data of Federal Bureau of Statistics, have increased up to 120 percent in last one year viz. sugar from Rs 54 to Rs 80, pulses from Rs 50 to Rs 110, eggs from Rs 35 to Rs 60, and the Foreign Direct Investment for the fiscal year 2009-2010 dropped to US $ 2.21 billion from US$ 3.71 billion in FY 2008-2009, and in July-Sept 2010 it is further dropped to US $ 387.4 million ( 68% of last year). Foreign debt on Pakistan increased from US $ 40 Billion in 1999 to US $ 46 billion in 2008, whereas in last two years it has increased to US $ 53.5 billion.

Across the board Application of Rule of Law, Merit based appointments and easy Access to Justice is the only solution to save Pakistan from corruption, which is responsible for poverty, inflation, terrorism, illiteracy, lack of electricity and hording of essential food commodities.

In the 2010 CPI, Denmark, New Zealand and Singapore tie for first place with scores of 9.3. Unstable governments, often with a legacy of conflict, continue to dominate the bottom rungs of the CPI. Afghanistan and Myanmar share second to last place with a score of 1.4, with Somalia coming in last with a score of 1.1.
Where source surveys for individual countries remain the same, African Development Bank, Asian Development Bank, Bertelsmann Foundation, Economist Intelligence Unit, Freedom House, Global Insight and the World Bank. and where there is corroboration by more than half of those sources, real changes in perceptions can be ascertained. Using these criteria, it is possible to establish an improvement in scores from 2009 to 2010 for Bhutan, Chile, Ecuador, FYR Macedonia, Gambia, Haiti, Jamaica, Kuwait, and Qatar.

“The results of this year’s CPI show again that corruption is a global problem that must be addressed in global policy reforms. It is commendable that the Group of 20 in pursuing financial reform has made strong commitments to transparency and integrity ahead of their November summit in Seoul,” said Labelle. “But the process of reform itself must be accelerated.” TI calls on the G20 to mandate greater government oversight and public transparency in all measures they take to reduce systemic risks and opportunities for corruption and fraud in the public as well as in the private sector.

The message is clear: across the globe, transparency and accountability are critical to restoring trust and turning back the tide of corruption. Without them, global policy solutions to many global crises are at risk.

Note: The CPI is a composite index, drawing on 13 different expert and business surveys. Source surveys for the 2010 CPI were conducted between January 2009 and September 2010.
sajjad khan joiya (Wednesday, October 27, 2010), unsolved_Mystery (Wednesday, October 27, 2010)

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

Corrupt people generate corrupt people,
Corrupt people Govern Corrupt People,
Corrupt people Elect Corrupt People,
Corrupt Leader represent the Corrupt Nation.

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
Post Tipu

Tipu,

aik hi baat ko baar baar kehney ki kia zaroorat hai....

but you are right too.look how their democracy is flourishing day by day.
itni corruption to pehley kabhi nahin hui jitni ab ho rahi hai.
Hell with this democracy.

and Tipu bhai if you dont mind i want to say something.
plz change your avatar.plz dont mind but dar lagta hai seriously.ye to mein TV per bhi nahin dekh sakti aap plz iss ko remove kar do.
you know there are lots of tiger pics and lion pics out there na.

ghusa nahin karna ok.if you dont like what i said then no problem.i will keep my eyes shut when your avatar comes infront of my eyes.

39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 61

Khurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enoughKhurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu Shah View Post

Na na na! I am sorry, i dont agree with your statements. Agar maan lain kay corrupt log corrupt politicians ko elect kartay hain tu phir tu jhagra hi khatam. Yani sari ki sari ghalati logon ki hay and the rulers should not be blamed for anything. YEHI TU RULERS CHAHTAY HAIN kay ham saada say aam log yeh samjhain kay rulers ko theek karnay ya criticize karnay kay bajaye ham khud apnay ap ko theek karain and LET THEM RULE!
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu Shah View Post
What is solution except this pessimism?

Transparency Intl Pak has been exposed by express tv.

A must watch Talk show.

http://www.pkaffairs.com/Play_Show_P...Intl_Pak_10751

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Lorenzo View Post
Tipu,

aik hi baat ko baar baar kehney ki kia zaroorat hai....

but you are right too.look how their democracy is flourishing day by day.
itni corruption to pehley kabhi nahin hui jitni ab ho rahi hai.
Hell with this democracy.

and Tipu bhai if you dont mind i want to say something.
plz change your avatar.plz dont mind but dar lagta hai seriously.ye to mein TV per bhi nahin dekh sakti aap plz iss ko remove kar do.
you know there are lots of tiger pics and lion pics out there na.

ghusa nahin karna ok.if you dont like what i said then no problem.i will keep my eyes shut when your avatar comes infront of my eyes.

i repeated my words because we are repeating our mistakes........

yes... we are not such type of people who digest the democracy.....

and
be brave girl....you will have to face so many challenges in you CSP life........

or iss baat ke samagh nahi i k "kafi saray tigers or lions hain"
and
Eyes close krnay wala option is good........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khurshid.A.Mahsud View Post
Na na na! I am sorry, i dont agree with your statements. Agar maan lain kay corrupt log corrupt politicians ko elect kartay hain tu phir tu jhagra hi khatam. Yani sari ki sari ghalati logon ki hay and the rulers should not be blamed for anything. YEHI TU RULERS CHAHTAY HAIN kay ham saada say aam log yeh samjhain kay rulers ko theek karnay ya criticize karnay kay bajaye ham khud apnay ap ko theek karain and LET THEM RULE!
my dear "jaisee rooh wesay farishtay

first we have to change ourselves and than we should have to except something better from Allah..

Criticize krnay say kush nahi milta....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
What is solution except this pessimism?

Transparency Intl Pak has been exposed by express tv.

A must watch Talk show.

http://www.pkaffairs.com/Play_Show_P...Intl_Pak_10751
Well-Done my dear...

this is thing that we have to show... not to trust anybody else reports, we have to analyze the thing by our own mind....

anti-Pakistan agencies are on the rise and working day and night to weakened the Pakistan. Now, this is our duty, being a pakistnai and being the young blood that we prove ourselves a hard-stroke towards the enemies of Pakistan. We have to recognize the enemies. Enemies are wearing different veils, we have to unveil them...

Just stand up and put your hands together against the enemies of Pakistan. We are the youth, we are the soldiers........

and
i emphasize on corruption in my previous post only to point out that we are the public who are generating corruption. if there is somebody who are getting bribe than at the same time somebody give the bribe.

"Tali aik Hath say nahi Bajti"

We hove to Correct our mistakes......
Old Wednesday, October 27, 2010

haidermusavi is on a distinguished road

ek to asi field hay jis may hum tarqi kar rahay han,