Saturday, April 27, 2024
07:44 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, January 02, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of
Default Marriage: Follow Islam or Society?

As we discussed the increasing ratio of sexual crimes so Lets have a discussion on marriage issue.According to Islam one should be married when he reaches the age of puberty.According to society a boy may get married when he reaches 30 or even above.Girls' marriages get late because of dowry and such traditions.The problem is,late marriages breed many social problems like sexual crimes,suicide etc.
Viewing today's getting worst situation,would it not be better to promote marriages on the age which Islam has ordered?
On the other side marriages have been made complex by following blood sucking traditions.
My questions are;
Is early marriage a solution to sexual crimes and other vices?
What steps should be taken by Government in this regard to make marriages easy?like as the compulsion of one dish is OFTEN being introduced.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Adnan Manzoor (Wednesday, January 05, 2011), striver (Sunday, January 02, 2011), waqaskayani (Sunday, February 13, 2011)

Usman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of light

Marriage is a very appreciated act according to Islam. Islam says that one should get marry when he/she reaches the age of puberty, this saves him/her from many sins. According to a hadith when a muslim gets marrried the Setan gets very upset and says that he/she has saved half of his/her belief from me. But today we have made marriage a very complicated thing. Men gets married late because of their stance that they don't have gained financial stability and things like that, but according to a incident qouted in the books of hadith our beloved prophet (PBUH) once suggested to one of his companions to get married when he repeatedly complained about his week financial health. Girls in our society seek late marriage due to their careers and problems of dowry and other expenses which we have wrongly made a compulsory part of our marriages and thus made it a very complicated occasion. Also in our society second marriage is deemed as a sin due to which the lives of a lot of divorced and widowed women and men has become miserable. We need to change this mindset and follow the true principles of Islam in order to make our lives easier.

Regards,
Farrah Zafar (Sunday, January 02, 2011), sara leo (Tuesday, January 04, 2011)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

i think in the prevailant situation we should follow society..
but why?
yes it may put a check on sexual crimes but think about the other multiple social evils which would arise if a man gets married before he is economically independent or sufficiently capable of running a family..it would be like eliminating one social evil at the cost of many others...if observed deeply it can give a rise to a chaos...

morever it would not ensure a complete check on the evil under discussion..for a solution of that we need to come up with a more general soultion(which is not the topic of the thread)

govt. has nothing to do with making marriages easy..what they can do is to provide us with a better economic situation...

and what we need to do is to change our social behaviour instead of waiting for govt. to take steps like imposing a restriction on the no. of dishes allowed in a ceremony etc...the good news is(to me,others may differ) i can see a change coming very very slowly...
Farrah Zafar (Sunday, January 02, 2011)
EiNstEiN

Umer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar
I would say, that this might help to minimize sexual crimes, but only to some extent.
Rest of the sexual crimes still continue to happen because they have nothing to do with marriage. They are psychological disorders. Like we say criminal minded person. So if a person is criminal minded, he loves to commit sexual crimes, it really doesn't matter whether he/she is married or unmarried.
We must stop this psychology of one getting criminal minded.
One solution is to act according to Islam and timely marriage, and secondly is to cut off all those ways which induct such psychology in our nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar
What steps should be taken by Government in this regard to make marriages easy?like as the compulsion of one dish is OFTEN being introduced.
Government is a very powerful entity in a country. But yet it needs the support of the nation and general public behind it to execute something perfectly. Sometimes we say government is not working properly. But when government takes some good step, we the general public doesn't back it up properly as was the case with this one dish marriage policy. People were still doing many dish parties and were even ready to pay fines for that.

So what I conclude from my analysis is that, we must first apply the laws of Islam in ourselves, then try to eradicate those things which are making such criminals amongst us, and then if the government make such laws, we should support those laws as a nation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Umer For This Useful Post:

Usman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkhan View Post
i think in the prevailant situation we should follow society..
but why?
yes it may put a check on sexual crimes but think about the other multiple social evils which would arise if a man gets married before he is economically independent or sufficiently capable of running a family..it would be like eliminating one social evil at the cost of many others...if observed deeply it can give a rise to a chaos...
Here I differ with you, this issue is not of that importance as is deemed by us. I think everybody brings with him his proposed "rizk". This is my belief. And also a chinese proverb says that everybody brings one mouth to eat with but two hands to work with.
Quote:
govt. has nothing to do with making marriages easy..what they can do is to provide us with a better economic situation...
Government does play a very important role here, they should restrict the number of dishes to one and put a ban on dowry and strongly implement that.
Quote:
and what we need to do is to change our social behaviour instead of waiting for govt. to take steps
Yeah very true.
Quote:
the good news is(to me,others may differ) i can see a change coming very very slowly...
Please show that to me also.

Regards,
41st CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 139

sajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
As we discussed the increasing ratio of sexual crimes so Lets have a discussion on marriage issue.According to Islam one should be married when he reaches the age of puberty.According to society a boy may get married when he reaches 30 or even above.Girls' marriages get late because of dowry and such traditions.The problem is,late marriages breed many social problems like sexual crimes,suicide etc.
Viewing today's getting worst situation,would it not be better to promote marriages on the age which Islam has ordered?
On the other side marriages have been made complex by following blood sucking traditions.
My questions are;
Only education is solution to all the ills whether they be any. Admit it or not the problem lies only here. Taleeeeeeeeeeeem is the only solution ones and for all to allllllll the evils

human is wild beast but education is an antidote to his natural wild instincts.

Last edited by marwatone; Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Posts merged.
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidnuml View Post
Only education is solution to all the ills whether they be any. Admit it or not the problem lies only here. Taleeeeeeeeeeeem is the only solution ones and for all to allllllll the evils
what is "taleem"?Getting a degree of bachelors mean you have also degree of ethics?
Sir what is actual education,is teachings of Islam,we are standing on zero at it.We don't follow our actual taleem.i.e the orders of Islam and then produces a generation which is half west half islamic...aadhay teetar aadhay batair.
You may come out of this logic that today's so called education would control the network of vices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidnuml View Post
human is wild beast but education is an antidote to his natural wild instincts.
It is merely a nice quotation!

Last edited by marwatone; Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Posts merged.
41st CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 139

sajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the rough

again the solution lies in education, and the question what sort of education should be for that purpose is tossed up for 2500 years. education is not an end itself but a means to such ends which make man differnt from beast now the education which does not aim at these ends is superflous hence not worthy of anything. whether it be any or so called todays education. This is my opinion and I have firm belief in it.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

You have not explained what is your conception of the word "Sexual Crime"??? There are two modes of indulging in adultery, voluntary and forcible (bil raza and bil jabar). Both are certainly sins and vices, but the former cannot be truly labeled a crime in the law (I think you can differentiate in sin and crime, its like lying is a sin and vice but not a crime). Islam forbids adultery and commends marriage at early stage of life so that young people are saved from being driven by emotion and indulging in it. However if you want a zero crime society (zero crime, not zero sin), its practically impossible to form. Crimes of different genus, including sexual crimes or zina bil jabar, took place even during the life of the Holy Prohet (SAW) himself. Nevertheless the ratio of indulging in something labeled as a sin in our religion can be significantly diminished by adopting the practice of getting yourself in a wedlock at early young fledgeling age.

Ab aap kee shaadi bhi government karaye gi , ab itna kaam to khud kar sakte hain. Government is only an institution responsible to maintain order and regularity in the society, and dont expect anymore of it. When it fails at that, you have every right to blame her. But dont think of the goverment like some "Aladin kaa Chiragh" which should do everything. Social practices, norms and conventions is the sole arena of the society, the government simply cannot do anything about it unless any practice or norm meddles with the discipline and order in the society. So instead of lending hopes in the governmnt, you should pray to Allah and convince your parents, or elders in the family .

Last edited by marwatone; Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 07:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhmmdkashif For This Useful Post:
sajidnuml (Sunday, January 02, 2011)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Here I differ with you, this issue is not of that importance as is deemed by us. I think everybody brings with him his proposed "rizk". This is my belief. And also a chinese proverb says that everybody brings one mouth to eat with but two hands to work with.
do you know the age a child reaches puberty?even if he is in matric(which is definitely the age puberty has been achived ) or in intermediate or in gradute or(someone like me)going for css hw he is supposed to support a family?

Quote:
I think everybody brings with him his proposed "rizk". This is my belief.
beshak ap nay sahee kaha balkay ye cheez to hamaray buyadi imaan ka hissa hai..i.e achi aur buri taqdeer par imaan..this is also a part of my belief..
agar ma ghalt nahee to isi taqdeer ma likhay huwey rizq k baray ma yeh bhi kaha geya hai..jidojehad karna hassol a rizq ki awaleen shart hai...agar rizk likh dia geya hai to jidojehad kiu?
ye sub kehnay ka maqsad ye hai k imaan par qaim rahain par zara apnay faislon ma halaat ko bhi mad e nazar rakhain aur agar halaat kko mad e nazar rakhey baghair ap na matric k larkey ki shaadi kar di to.....

one more thing u totally overlooked the part of my post in which i raised a concern for the social evils arising because of early marriages due to economic constraints...agar ap is baray ma sochnay sa qasir hain to mujhey bataiye..i ll draw a picture of that for u...

Quote:
Government does play a very important role here, they should restrict the number of dishes to one and put a ban on dowry and strongly implement that.
yani k hum nay qasam khai huwi hai k hum nay to nahee badlana janab jub tak hamain danda na dikhaya jaey...moreover putting ban on dowry would again stimulate a tehreek by so called religious parties of our country...to is tarah k tazadad sa bacha jaey..wesay i am in favour of putting a ban on it...although there is another way but that is for the time being way to difficult to implement...but at least us ko apnanay say hamaray pyaray RASOOL(SAAWW) ki ssunnat to bach jaey gee...

Quote:
Yeah very true.
shukria bhai jan

Quote:
Please show that to me also.
as i had already said u may differ....

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 03:45 PM.