Thursday, May 09, 2024
01:45 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, January 10, 2011

amubin is on a distinguished road
Arrow Currpted system of Pakistan

Asalamalaikum

I have few questions regarding appearing in the CSS exam

Many of people choose to appear in CSS exam for better future,to serve the country etc.But I have heard from many of the government officers who are currently serving the country that our politician as well all the department of Government are corrupted.Moreover,there is more whichever group you go after passing the examination whether its railway or re known group DMG OR police..There would always be political pressure.

Example:-One of my friend relative is DIG and he was ordered by CM of .... province to grab a land... etc

After noticing such kind of experience and situation faced by government officers its worthwhile to do CSS?How can a person perform his duty and role under these situation

please answer all those who have passed the CSS exam or have information and currently serving and using this forum
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

I remember this dialogue of Ashir Azeem in "Dhuwan" drama that ... "Achay halaat mai to sab kaam kr letay hai lekin pata to chalta hai jab admi buray halaat may bhi sahi kaam kray"

Its me and you who will have to put an end to corruption and corrupt practices. Secondly, you quoted the example of DIG ... I say that the CM can't dismiss him from service if he refuses to obey his orders. At most CM will transfer him to some khuday line place and thats it. The DIG will still be receiving all perks and privileges to maintain his quality of life and carry out his duty. Therefore, we need to get out of our comfort zones to make this country a better place. But sadly, most of the css aspirants if selected will accept defeat without fighting against corruption and corrupt practices. The decision lies in your hand.

regards,
floydian
The Following User Says Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
Call for Change (Monday, January 10, 2011)
41st CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 139

sajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the roughsajidnuml is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by amubin View Post
Asalamalaikum

I have few questions regarding appearing in the CSS exam

Many of people choose to appear in CSS exam for better future,to serve the country etc.But I have heard from many of the government officers who are currently serving the country that our politician as well all the department of Government are corrupted.Moreover,there is more whichever group you go after passing the examination whether its railway or re known group DMG OR police..There would always be political pressure.

Example:-One of my friend relative is DIG and he was ordered by CM of .... province to grab a land... etc

After noticing such kind of experience and situation faced by government officers its worthwhile to do CSS?How can a person perform his duty and role under these situation

please answer all those who have passed the CSS exam or have information and currently serving and using this forum

At fault is not the public servant but you the people, who elected such a person to hold such high offices so that he can order civil servant to grab public property. Civil servant is nothing he is your (people's) servant if you people through your elected representatives want Officer to grab Public property who the hell officer is to refuse Your order me lord. This is the bitter truth and you do not have answer. Make your representatives accountable. CSPs would follow the suit.

amubin is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
I remember this dialogue of Ashir Azeem in "Dhuwan" drama that ... "Achay halaat mai to sab kaam kr letay hai lekin pata to chalta hai jab admi buray halaat may bhi sahi kaam kray"

Its me and you who will have to put an end to corruption and corrupt practices. Secondly, you quoted the example of DIG ... I say that the CM can't dismiss him from service if he refuses to obey his orders. At most CM will transfer him to some khuday line place and thats it. The DIG will still be receiving all perks and privileges to maintain his quality of life and carry out his duty. Therefore, we need to get out of our comfort zones to make this country a better place. But sadly, most of the css aspirants if selected will accept defeat without fighting against corruption and corrupt practices. The decision lies in your hand.

regards,
floydian

Thanks a lot Floridian..your answer has really helped me a lot.It means if one is not indulge in corruption type of practices then also he can perform his duty sincerely.And believe me or not bro as you said that he can only be transferred to another place so is he..

Bro,but you didn't answered about the political pressure...do we always have to say yes to their orders or its also in our hands...?

I have one more question I hope you can answer it...
How is CSS better profession than other normal jobs in private sector please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidnuml View Post
At fault is not the public servant but you the people, who elected such a person to hold such high offices so that he can order civil servant to grab public property. Civil servant is nothing he is your (people's) servant if you people through your elected representatives want Officer to grab Public property who the hell officer is to refuse Your order me lord. This is the bitter truth and you do not have answer. Make your representatives accountable. CSPs would follow the suit.
Thanks alot for giving reply to my Question sajid...

Bro,I have never voted to any party since in whole life because I was never inspired by any party leader.But you are rite its the fact is that every party after coming into power try to fulfill his vested interests which it couldnt get in other party rule..

I have few more Qs I hope you can answer it.I am sure you can answer it

visit this link please http://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-cadre...dmg-group.html

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old Tuesday, January 11, 2011
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by amubin View Post
Bro,but you didn't answered about the political pressure...do we always have to say yes to their orders or its also in our hands...?
Handling political pressures is an art. Never say no to anyone. Never commit anything to paper. Always say "i'll look into it" or "i'll do my best don't worry". In the end follow the laws/rules of business. As an excuse, say "I tried my best but sorry sir its the policy matter". Your actions should speak louder than words. Political pressures will subside gradually once you establish a reputation of an honest, humble, sincere and law abiding officer.

Quote:
I have one more question I hope you can answer it...
How is CSS better profession than other normal jobs in private sector please..
CSS is not always better than working in corporate sector. Both have their pros and cons. It depends on the aptitude and ability of a person. Given the present scenario, and to be fair I think future of this country is going to be worse than the present. Job security in corporate sector is very uncertain. Inflation is rising at an uncontrollable rate and private companies are suffering huge losses due to higher cost of doing business, worsening law and order situation and political instability. Many analysts have predicted that their is going to be unprecedented layoffs in the private sector due to bleak economic situation. Incomes are going to be stagnant due to limited or reverse business growth. But all is not lost as exceptions are also there. Whereas, civil services provide you job security, greater nuisance value, greater acceptance and influence in the society, career growth and sense of pride (definition varies). But if you are an honest person than the income is not enough to keep pace with the rising inflation and ever lessening buying power. Sorry if I sound like a pessimist but in my opinion, CSS is a better option for many of us than working in a private sector.

regards,
floydian