Thursday, May 23, 2024
07:06 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Default Int. Pressure on Pakistan to abolish Blasphemy Laws

There is international pressure on Pakistan to abolish Blasphemy Laws in the country. Pop Benedict several times in important speeches recalled for it. Another problem is of overseas Pakistanis because their life is threatened abroad and then can become victim of their discriminatory attitude.

What you think about this scenario despite the fact that it is interference in the internal affairs of Pakistan. Pakistan should behave same attitude what the US did in case of a person who tried to burn the copies of Holy Quran when they said our law allow him to do so. What is your opinion?
Old Sunday, January 30, 2011

waqas ahmad zia is on a distinguished road
Default Blasphemy law

According to the blasphemy law,All those who perpitrate blasphemy should be imprisoned with a fine or sentenced to death (Pakistan Criminal Code 295,295A,295B and 295C).Punishments can be reduced only by the President of Pakistan. Its a law enforced by islam and it can not be changed. if the foriegn contries are tempting our leaders to modify it then they must know that Pakistan is a democratic country though a fragile one but still it is, so in the prevailing circumstances its immpossible to modify it and according to my own view it shouldn't be but the only thing our state need to do is to take excrociating measures to stop people from taking punitive actions against culprits.
The last murder of Punjab governer is an utter violation of law bcz it was not Qadri's duty to assassinate him but that of the judiciary. His action have paved way for many criminal minded people to achieve their ends by accusing anyone of blasphemy and than killing him. Albiet its hard for a muslim to ristrict himself from taking action against such defidel but if we want to strengthen our institutions than we have to trust them and should not surpass them in making omnipotent dicisions.
Another point which need to be brought under the umbrella of discussion is the role of pakistan in global community, It is compelled to accept few orders of the western countries but not in all matters bcz certain matters will lead the country to choas and riots and will be then proceeded by another coup detr, which is not a sane ramification for any politically sane politician that is y what I percieve is that there won't be any modification in this law as mentioned by our PM.

This is my first contribution to this forum, so if i have gone astray than plz correct me cum guide me!

aristocrat of heart is on a distinguished road
Post Blasphemy law

I also endorse the view-point of waqas. As it is obvious that the said issue is sensitive to the intensive extant, our Govt. shouldn't creates any sort of modification in blasphemy law without taking into confidence the Polyhistor Ulemas from throughout the country if any fraction exists in the same..
As far as the question of overseas Paki is concerned, I think (may be wrong), wont be affected hereunto.

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

1) Had Blasphemy law been practised in Indo Pak in so called 1000 years Islamic rule ?

2) Who did prepare The Penal Code ? and for what ?

3) Was it not Act XLV of 1860, the time, October 6th, 1860 to implement Blasphemy Law under the british rule (that we still use as Pakistan penal Code) ?

4) What changes were made in General Zia and Nawaz Sharif's time to this law ?

5) Had the usage of this law been proved true just in whatsoever recorded cases ?

6) Last Island shared a Hadith under another thread where it was ordered to kill any person involved in cursing of any prophet. I wanna know that it s also the duty of muslims to kill that christian who curses Jesus, even in UK ?

7) Why our blasphamy law PPC 295-C is limited to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) if above order is there ?

According to the Pakistan Penal Code 295-C:

Use of derogatory remarks, etc., in respect of the Holy Prophet

Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation or by any imputation, innuendo, or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) shall be punished with death, or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable to fine.

Source: Pakistan Penal Code (Act XLV of 1860)

8) What is the true sense of the word used "indirect" here ?

9) How would you interprete the genuin sense of "indirect" ?

If Salman Taseer was murdered for indirect blasphemy as he was trying to support a blasphemer then:

a) Internet is the responsible for direct blasphemy many times, what about the users of internet ?

b) Swedish government supported the editor who was direct blasphemer, what about the muslims living there in Sweden who are paying taxes to the Government ?

c) What about the usage of google search engine with the same presented logic ?

No one would dare to abolish the blasphemy law in Pakistan, even in any case of international pressure but I firmly believe that modification of Pakistan Penal Code 295 C, to prevent its unjust usage by exploiting Holy Prophet (PBUH)'s name, could never be meant as blasphemy.