Friday, May 10, 2024
10:24 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, March 20, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

AoA

For God sake, PMS officers are not at all of low caliber, they have been coming through competitive examination and have proved their mentle to enter into civil services.

There are serious reservations of PMS officers in Punjab, which, inter alia, includes, their postings on important positions as well as their promotion critierion. .. Just take example of Ahad Khan Cheema, who is current DCO Lahore and former Secretary Punjab Higher Education Department, he is only from 27th Common.. ! Since lot of civil services comprises officers from Punjab and there are number of funds in Punjab in comparison to other provinces, so officers prefer to serve in Punjab and come on posts of provincial services..... ...

Some issues regarding concerns of PMS officers have already been considered in forum a couple of months back on a post initiated by devoltuion geek [http://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-cadre...-rise-pms.html refers]

* Please fellows try to be rational in using words against members of any group! Have discussion, but using appropriate and sensible words. Neither DMG nor PMS officers are dumbs and duffers ..!
Kamran (Sunday, March 20, 2011)
Old Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mard e Mujahid is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that recruitment to BPS-17 should only be through CSS. It is not wise to say that the PCS officers are equal in intellect to the DMGs. We all know that CSS are superior to the PCS in any province, so it's logical that CSS rejects move to the next best option, i.e., PCS.

The only problem is that the PCS does "not" want to follow the rules. They want the rules changed!

I've had a lot of interaction with DMG officers as well as PCS officers. Mostly in the revenue department. I must make it clear that I have NO connection to the DMG, no family members either. What I personally observed was that while Black sheep are everywhere, the PCS officers are much more corrupt, inefficient and impolite as compared to the DMGs. I even got a chance to meet the former Chief Secretary of Punjab and was deeply impressed by his humility.
Whereas I have met much junior officers from the PCS feeling themselves as benevolent if they discounted the bribe they asked for many matters in which I was a party. It is in reality the PCS which is promoting the patvari culture. they are from the province and are a part of our very own society, yet they turn blind to their patvari brothers.

I'm a student of GCU Lahore, and I had to go to the DDO(R) BWP a few years ago who was a DMG. I wam impressed by his behaviour while he facilitated me. I later found out that he was an old Ravian as well and today he is a good friend of mine.
This Rai Manzoor is working as RM Watercourses. His superior is a DMG officer Dr. Parvez. I met him once in Gujranwala when he was DCO, and there I saw that local MNAs and MPAs were bugging him for commission in some local project. He was a good administrator there and recovered the dispensary which had been converted into halwai adda by some local hooligans. We are thankful to him.
I met him once with someone who knew him personally and he mentioned the hardships of working with a dirty man kile Rai Manzoor.
I think that PCS should be given it's rights, but that idiot Rai Manzoor should be served a serving of Pak police k "tel men chupray huay 10 number k chittar"... He deserves them more than anyone. What a disgusting man the PCS has elected as their representative.
I every PCS officer is like him, the ALL should be KICKED out of Govt. Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad T S Awan View Post
AoA

For God sake, PMS officers are not at all of low caliber, they have been coming through competitive examination and have proved their mentle to enter into civil services.

There are serious reservations of PMS officers in Punjab, which, inter alia, includes, their postings on important positions as well as their promotion critierion. .. Just take example of Ahad Khan Cheema, who is current DCO Lahore and former Secretary Punjab Higher Education Department, he is only from 27th Common.. ! Since lot of civil services comprises officers from Punjab and there are number of funds in Punjab in comparison to other provinces, so officers prefer to serve in Punjab and come on posts of provincial services..... ...

Some issues regarding concerns of PMS officers have already been considered in forum a couple of months back on a post initiated by devoltuion geek [http://www.cssforum.com.pk/css-cadre...-rise-pms.html refers]

* Please fellows try to be rational in using words against members of any group! Have discussion, but using appropriate and sensible words. Neither DMG nor PMS officers are dumbs and duffers ..!
I believe this concept of "important postings" should be abolished.
They're all Govt. Servants, and they MUST serve WHEREVER they are posted irrespective of "importance" of the post.
If they want "important postings", don't you think this demand involves Malafide intentions?
They must wish for "important positions" to do corruption.
Corruption may be financial or administrative. BOTH kinds must be taken into account.

If the DMG ask for "important postings" they should be reprimanded as well. Any public servant must work any where he is deputed to work.

Last edited by Rixwan; Monday, March 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Merged
Old Monday, March 21, 2011

shtanzeel will become famous soon enough

its correct, that the right to post is with provincial government/chief minister of the province; but why DMG officers of punjab, are unwilling to work in baluchistan, KPK? when the government issues them orders, they get it canceled(most of DMG BS-20, 21, 19 officers) The same can be checked from SO-S1 as well as from record of SO(e-5/dmg) islamabad. Its high time honorable DMG officers, focus on their function of revenue management and out of punjab also give the fruits of their "superiority" to poor provinces like KPK and Baluchistan . Such intelectuals from Pujab and sindh would be able to fill the vacum over their especially in baluchistan.

if Punjab's DMG officers are so much talented then they should solve all Law and order issues in Baluchistan n KPK.

I don't have any affiliation to PCS. although have with DMG. But the views are based on what seems appropriate. i.e. give the PCS due shares as under RULES.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Ya, it is unfortunate state of affairs. Most of the CSPs want to work in Punjab and in this rat race the posts in other provinces often found without a suitable officer and there is much pressure for posting in Punjab. In spite of special incentives announced for Baluchistan by the fed. gov, the CSPs feel reluctant to go there.
So the PCS officers of Punjab suffer most in this situation as they find CSPs sitting on the posts (due to their influence and clout) that are meant for them.
shtanzeel (Monday, March 21, 2011)

Any one of you is challenged to please, check how many Fax messages are send from SO(E-5) for placement of DMG officers in Punjab. Already there are excess officers working in Punjab. Ok, you dont accept demand of PCS officers, just transfer all those DMG's over here who are sitting here for long, who are in excess of required number of DMG officers. And let the vacum of posts thereby created to be filled with PCS officers. All 5 fingers are never equal. If some corrupt elements are in PCS it dont mean 100% are corrupt.
Old Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

I think oppression cant last long and the "mazloom" PCS officers will get their rights soon. Their struggle is bearing fruit slowly and they have shown remarkable unity today by staying away from offices. Lets see what happens next.
Old Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yes, sooner or later government will be forced to call DPC and promote them to BS 19, 20, 21 as its their legal right which is being suppressed since long. Soon we will see the day when while posting no bias shall be created against PCS officers. All will be given purely merit consideration.