Monday, April 29, 2024
05:10 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Faseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura about
Default @Shallowwater: Its a waxed topic!! :)

I think forum had discussed the issue in very details when the allocation of 2009 were being announced. Is there any thing new in the topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowwater View Post
So you have said that merit is not everything always. Well i think merit is the basis of success of any system.
Yes the success of system depends on merit, but you should weight out the options against their cost: will it be right to under-estimate/neglect the demands of remaining three provinces or uphold merit system supported by only one province?

Quote:
If we have created this institution of FPSC and CSS exam only to satisfy the small provinces then i think the seats should be distributed among them without any test or anything.
Seats are allocated too for Punjab.. only issue is that no. of candidates passed are more then other provinces.
Quote:
Only through hard work and merit based system can Pakistan prosper. Otherwise the chaos that we see in the country would grow day by day. A person who has come through a merit oriented system would have respect for the institutions.
Well dear you are actually insulting those who "do not" belong to Punjab by saying that they have been a part of injust extended to Punjabis. I think you should stop it as there has been a detailed discussion you can easily recall!!!

People who are allocated from all four provinces are equally qualified, have been vulnerable to same level to the evils of corruption and bribery, no open merit system can install feeling of loyalty to the masses of Pakistan if it is not intrinsic in a person!! Not even demolition of Quota System. Have it been so the level of corruption in Punjab would have been near to zero, that is not the case i think.

I think keeping the confidence of your brothers and sisters from other provinces is more important then upholding a merit that has been a cause of concern for so many people.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faseeh Muhammad For This Useful Post:
ArifAwan (Wednesday, September 14, 2011), mjkhan (Wednesday, September 14, 2011), redmax (Thursday, September 15, 2011)
Old Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1127

shallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to all

@ Faseeh Muhammad.

Well my dear this topic is a burning issue. The problem here is that i have the sagacity to hear the comments of everyone but that is not the case with every member. What i want to know is that when a member who has scored more marks is not allocated and some one with less marks is allocated then what would the person with more marks think? He would feel that he has been somewhat betrayed. He feels that whether he is a lesser Pakistani. I think seats should be allocated on the basis of merit rather than looking at the domicile of every person. We are all Pakistanis and all the people of Pakistan have an equal right on the federal services. This is unfair that all the people from Sindh or Balochistan get allocated while more than 50 % Punjabis remain unallocated.
The Following User Says Thank You to shallowwater For This Useful Post:
Kamran (Wednesday, September 14, 2011)
Old Thursday, September 15, 2011
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Exclamation @shallow water and all. give me a little attention plzzzz

Quote:
@ Faseeh Muhammad.

Well my dear this topic is a burning issue. The problem here is that i have the sagacity to hear the comments of everyone but that is not the case with every member. What i want to know is that when a member who has scored more marks is not allocated and some one with less marks is allocated then what would the person with more marks think? He would feel that he has been somewhat betrayed. He feels that whether he is a lesser Pakistani. I think seats should be allocated on the basis of merit rather than looking at the domicile of every person. We are all Pakistanis and all the people of Pakistan have an equal right on the federal services. This is unfair that all the people from Sindh or Balochistan get allocated while more than 50 % Punjabis remain unallocated.

brother our sympathies are with you. but being a sagacious person, u must take into account what the members from Sindh and Balochistan have been arguing. you seem to be ignoring them because you term it as a betrayal. you are presenting and supporting the arguments from the people of just one or two provinces maximum.
do u think that this is a true sense of federation? do u think that you are respecting a federation? do u really think that you do not harm the already sagging relations between the provinces?

if we follow ur formula, i am 100% sure that the worst victims of it would be the people from balochistan and sindh because a good majority of them is a tail-ender. plz try to sacrifice ur personal interests for the sake of our whole national interests. try to encourage such steps which strenthen our federation and integrate our nation. these two provinces are weaker as compared to the other ones. you are pushing them to wall just because they are weak and less competitive?

why did Quaid-i-Azam not support democracy in the united Inida? because he feared Hindu domination. it was the need of the hour. sometimes it is better to set aside the principles and do the right thing. same Quaid supported democracy in pakistan. do u remember? because after paksitan came into being, the circumstances had changed altogether.

so, brother, try to think in terms of a national leader and sagacious person.try to listen to the demands of little provinces (brothers). try to uphold the character of Punjab as an elder brother of other provinces.

I hope u understand my point.
Allah bless you brother
Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fromQAU For This Useful Post:
ArifAwan (Thursday, September 15, 2011), Faseeh Muhammad (Thursday, September 15, 2011), redmax (Thursday, September 15, 2011)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1127

shallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to allshallowwater is a name known to all

@ from QAU

Punjab always shares the grievances of smaller provinces but the people of smaller provinces are never satisfied. As far as you have said that majority of the people from Sindh and Balochistan are tail-enders on merit list then they must realise this fact. If they can come on the front line then they are most welcome. I am thinking in the sense of federation, you must understand this fact. When we talk about federation then we must not talk about provincial quotas. In a federation all the people are equal. I am not advocating the rights of Punjab. I am saying that merit should prevail. If people from Sind and Balochistan grab all the seats i dont care but they should come on merit.
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

This might be considered an intrusion since the post I am replying to was addressed to Mr. Faseeh Muhammad. I hope Mr. Muhammad won't mind it. I had already concluded it in the previous post but there seems to be more cry from a single member. That's where I felt the urge to comment further.

Quote:
Well my dear this topic is a burning issue.
It is NOT.

Quote:
The problem here is that i have the sagacity to hear the comments of everyone but that is not the case with every member.
Had this not been the case, no member including myself would have taken troubles to respond to your repeatedly answered naive arguments.

Quote:
What i want to know is that when a member who has scored more marks is not allocated and some one with less marks is allocated then what would the person with more marks think? He would feel that he has been somewhat betrayed. He feels that whether he is a lesser Pakistani.
The person with more marks should think that there are 50% of the total allocated candidates from his province who have been allocated. Besides, there are 2-3% more who fetched seats on open merit. He should think that there were people from other provinces of Pakistan too who took pains and qualified this exam. They must get their due share too and he should make no fuss aimed at depriving them of their limited seats. He should further clarify the probable misconception in his mind that CSS stand for CENTRAL SUPERIOR SERVICES and center includes all parts of the country. That the CSP stands for Civil Servant of Pakistan and NOT Civil Servant of Punjab. And then if he thinks he is real patriot, the son of the soil, he should feel that he is a selfless Pakistani who believes in Equality, Justice and fair distribution of state resources. He should feel satisfied in the end that Justice has been done!

Quote:
I think seats should be allocated on the basis of merit rather than looking at the domicile of every person.
Seats are allocated on merit within the prescribed number of seats against each province as per the constitution. Your domicile is of no use if your merit somehow disqualifies you for the seat.

Quote:
We are all Pakistanis and all the people of Pakistan have an equal right on the federal services.
Now that's what I wanted to hear from you. I hope you mean it.

Quote:
This is unfair that all the people from Sindh or Balochistan get allocated while more than 50 % Punjabis remain unallocated.
Unfair. We live in an unfair world, my friend.

Is it not unfair that a Baloch or Sindhi go to local virtually non-existent or ghost school for his/her elementary education whereas a Punjabi goes to Lahore Gems or American Lyceum etc?

Is it not unfair that one province generates more than 50% of the total state revenue but is allocated less than half of what it earns?

Is it not unfair that our Armed Forces constitute a large chunk of two ethnic groups depriving thousands of aspirants from the rest of the ethnic groups?

Is it not unfair that water for irrigation is first consumed by the up country regions and then the left over or drained water is routed to down country whereas the International River Navigation Rules state that the distribution of the water from the river must start from it tail and not the vice versa?

My Friends,

World is unfair. But where you find a slightest fairness and equality on agreed terms, please do not become a party to the devil and let peace prevail there.

Regards,

@ redmax.

Yes, CSS means Central superior services. That is what i want to say that the central services should be open for all pakistanis without any quotas and restrictions. I repeat that i dont want all the seats be given to Punjab. You are deliberately trying to give this meaning to my words. I want open competition. Whoever comes at the top of the list must be allocated first.

Mehrankhan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
@ redmax.

Yes, CSS means Central superior services. That is what i want to say that the central services should be open for all pakistanis without any quotas and restrictions. I repeat that i dont want all the seats be given to Punjab. You are deliberately trying to give this meaning to my words. I want open competition. Whoever comes at the top of the list must be allocated first.
Dear the merit number of yours ( both times ) is not coming in allocation list even if there is open merit..
Seats of 2010 are 212 and you are in 240's..
Similarly in 2009 you are in 300+..

So first please try to come in open merit yourself, than start talking about the quota system being unfair..

Moreover, Syed Fida Hussain Shah, a record breaker of last 20 years is from Sindh..

And why not we also talk about quota system in revenue generation as well where Sindh earns more and we know who grabs more..??
The Following User Says Thank You to Mehrankhan For This Useful Post:
redmax (Thursday, September 15, 2011)

@ Mehran khan

I am not talking about myself only. There are so many people living in Punjab. As far as Mr. Fida hussain is concerned then he should be appreciated because he did it being an intelligent person. He never said that he was from Sindh and so he could not break those records? He worked hard and did it. So these arguments of you that people from Sind are living in dire conditions have been proven false by Fida Hussain. Mr. Fida achieved this honor by dint of his efforts.

ali36 is on a distinguished road

Well ,very interesting discussion is underway here.Redmax has already showered us with his logical argumentation which seem quite convincing.

@ shallow water
Bro,css is not end of life.Whether quota is just or unjust or it is negation of highest principles of meritocracy becomes meaningless under prevailing situation because it will always be justified on the grounds of inter provincial harmony.I will suggest you to discover some other career for you to excel because there are many things more worthy than css.
redmax (Thursday, September 15, 2011)

@ Ali

I have an interview still left. So dont bother about that. Well CSS is not the end of life. That is why i say that those enjoying quota must feel that they have done major harm to this country due to their entry from no where. I mean Sindh does not want dams to be built and then it is itself drowned in floods. If this is the logic of Sindh then what can we do.