Sunday, April 28, 2024
08:14 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, October 13, 2011
40th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 306

Asad Shafiq is on a distinguished road

Passion is always a good thing until it hazes your ability to think objectively. The 'American Leader' you refer to is actually a republican presidential candidate 'Mitt Romney'. He's a 'republican' , need i say more? The statement in question is quoted "God did not create this country to be a nation of followers. America is not destined to be one of several equally balanced global powers. America must lead the world, or someone else will.". I found the statement rather pompous and rude when i first came across it. I fail to see how hypocrisy has anything to do with it though. I'm certain most of us have thought similarly about pakistan at one time or another. I can think of far worst statements made by people here, claiming to anhihilate countries.
I absolutely agree with with your statement regarding isreal and so does the rest of the world, dont forget. Did you know, there are jewish human rights groups working within isreal for palestinians? And the number seems to be growing by the day. Did you know about 'The Peace Initiative' which was rumoured to be a cause for recent efforts by the state of isreal to work towards a solution. Did you know about the american Rachel Corrie, a member of the International Solidarity Movement, who was run over by a bull dozer because she had made herself a human shield in front of a palestinian home in the gaza ? Did you know that a significnt number of americans are wary of this unwavering support their government extends to isreal? Just because saleem shehzad planted a bomb in times square, does that mean all pakistanis think that way?
Regarding the image you say the western media potrays of extremists praying or reading the Qura'an , i seriously disagree. I usually see them holding AK-47's and sporting RPG's on their shoulders. Here's a flip side to your statement though. Remember Pastor Terry Jones? Remember most of the footage shown of him?
I could go on and on.There're always two sides to a picture. I don't deny the prevalence of hipocrisy but you need to look closer to home and i'm sure you'll find the comodity in ample amounnts here too, even amongst circles who should do anything but that.
Or perhaps others would quote an excerpt from Niccolo Machiavelli's "The Prince" to provide an alternate explanation. I may not agree with that explanation though.
Dont delve into conspiracy theories, I know you're alot more intelligent than that. I wonder why the propanda of 'profits going to charity' against pepsi and it's subsidiaries sprang up around the same time when beverages such as mecca-cola hit the market. We've been told far too many lies for far too long and i genuinely expet a css aspirant to be able to to acknowledge that and sift fact from fiction.
Old Thursday, October 13, 2011
40th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 306

Asad Shafiq is on a distinguished road

p.s: i think it's about time we stopped blaming others for our faults and problems.