Saturday, April 27, 2024
02:54 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Abdul Q will become famous soon enough
Default I second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif3531 View Post
Well, this is not the first case my friends. One of my teachers, also left his post after seeing massive corruption in his department and he told me that it was a good decision to resign, because of his frequent transfers to the other part of country. Today, He is dean of department of social sciences and trying his best to equip students with moral knowledge, not only towards people, institutions but also towards the ecology! No doubt, he sacrificed the post for some good reasons.
I think your teacher's decision is a nice one. Taming moral values at the root level may decrease corruption. And a person as a teacher is a role model for many of his students and fellows. so those who try to follow them often try to follow their teachings also.

As a general observation, i have found the current youth against corruption (which is good to see) but the generation we are following does not want them to be so honest as I have observed in many cases in my life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abdul Q For This Useful Post:
Asif3531 (Tuesday, May 22, 2012), FarahKhan (Saturday, October 27, 2012)
34th Commons (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Account and Audit

Nauman will become famous soon enoughNauman will become famous soon enough

Adnan is a very good friend of mine. I respect his decision to quit the civil service. However, he should have resigned before the country spent many millions on his language course in China.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nauman For This Useful Post:
sabahatbhutta (Tuesday, May 22, 2012)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 10539

Asif3531 is on a distinguished road

Thats quite irrational argument from your side. well, no one knows, what exactly were the circumstances when he resigned. And please don't forget, its his life so let him spend it his way. profession doesnt matter, what really matters is HONESTY.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asif3531 For This Useful Post:
jillia89 (Thursday, November 01, 2012)
Old Friday, September 07, 2012

Descendant of Saul has a spectacular aura aboutDescendant of Saul has a spectacular aura about

I was just wondering, what if all of the honest officers resign in Pakistan in protest like him? With his protest, all we got is a "-1" in honest officers category, don't know what good would his resign to do this country?
Old Friday, September 07, 2012

Fakhar Balouch is on a distinguished road

Hats off to this officer
Old Saturday, October 27, 2012

Umeed Ali is on a distinguished road

He should have had a continuous fight, by being there as a nail in the eye.
And should have continuously tried to change an almost impossible thing.
Well. He did what he thought right. A courageous move indeed.
Old Thursday, November 01, 2012

Zahid Abid is on a distinguished road

i think if he stays there, he may got opportunities, if Mr. Adnan can't change the whole system he can make policies/changes for his sub-ordinates, he can show by his character to them that how a patriot works, if nobody support him but surely somebody learn from him....and that will b reward for his soul..

jillia89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descendant of Saul View Post
I was just wondering, what if all of the honest officers resign in Pakistan in protest like him? With his protest, all we got is a "-1" in honest officers category, don't know what good would his resign to do this country?
I will 2nd Descendant of Soul..
Mr. Adnan would have stayed..
"If we can't do any thing more we can light our candle at-least."
As
"Way to remove any problem is to solve it not to run away from it."

Well!!!!! Still we respect his patriotism...Salute..
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 7th in Sindh Urban

Emoemar will become famous soon enough

While most of us are unaware of the circumstances that actually led to Adnan's resignation it does provide us an opportunity to think about our ownselves, those who are aspiring to be civil servants and those who are civil servants right now. I am not advocating that the decision facing us is to resign or stay or to join or not to join, i am suggesting that the story has a bigger dimension to it. It should make us think about our own choices and what we are doing with our time and what we would rather want ourselves to be doing. Are we statisfied with the direction our lives have taken and are shaping up to be and what makes us satisfied about them and if not so then what precisely are we doing about it. The idea is to think about ourselves, whether in terms of Bulleh Shah's philosophy or Marx's, as muslims or as some other identity, as Pakistanis or as people. For me most of us drift through life not deciding conscioulsy what we ought to be doing, whether in terms of our careers or as individual components of the world and i just do not mean that we do not apply ourself optimaly, we somehow let go of the conscious effort that is required to 'grow' into what each of us could possibly end up doing.

As far as his decision to quit goes, and while i may or may not agree with it, i would suggest that we not drag his gesture into a debate over whether 'good' people should stay in government jobs or not but to apply, for those of us who are in government jobs, to make these jobs good enough for 'any' good peoples and for others to reflect how they would deal with our predicaments and where such honest reflection lead them to.
There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures. ~ William Shakespeare
The Following User Says Thank You to Emoemar For This Useful Post:
saleem2000 (Friday, November 02, 2012)

ehtisham ul qaunain is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I think adnan's decision is right. But if i were in place of adnan i might put them to death secretly. Just do everything for country even on account of your life.