Tuesday, May 14, 2024
05:25 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, July 02, 2012
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about
Default the whole discussion/argument is pointless

In a nutshell:

- I pay taxes to the national exchequer (as Income Tax).
- Meawhile, I pay toll tax on the roads, sales tax on everything i buy, and all other sorts of taxes.
- In return the facilities i got from this government (or any previous government for that matter):
- No social security in case i die.
- No medical security.
- No secuirty in terms of life, property etc.
- In fact no facilities for which i pay (water, electricity etc).

Thus, the rationale is:

- I am naturally not concerned with Person A robbing Person B. It's a dispute b/w two people which can be and should be settled according to law. I don't have any right to question anybody's moral/ethical authority. Its government's job (its different arms) to establish justice and compensate the aggrieved.

- But i certainly am concerned with my tax money not being repayed to me in one way or the other, OR being used to enhance the aims/agenda/objectives of a few corrupt officials/representatives and their sons/daughters. I will question them and i will support anyone who questions them.

Thus the bottom line becomes:

- Arsalan did not rob Mr. Riaz. On the other hand, it is safe to assume that Mr. Riaz is not naive enough to have handed over the money to Mr. Arsalan without any reason. Both Arsalan and Mr. Riaz should be sent to the gallows if any one of them is found guilty. Why? Because Mr. Arsalan received the bribe. It also establishes Mr. Riaz as the culprit. After all, nobody will pay somebody without any justifaction. and the mere fact that Mr. Riaz paid Mr. Arsalan makes him guilty. Just this acceptance does so. While for Mr. Arsalan there needs to be a probe (which is under process). Its CJ's character that he took suo motto action on this one or else he could have turned the famous BLIND EYE to this case as well

-Mr. Gillani's sons, the elected representatives, and the corrupt officials (include the Zardari family's visits, the Sharifs security squads, the Haj Scam etc) are accountable to me. They are robbing me of my money.

Judicial Activism, perhaps, has taken a rotten turn in our country. But, who else if not the judiciary, has the authority/opportunity to treat the ills. We don't want the country rising up (eventually) the way the common lot has done so in the PUNJAB.

A food of thought: Yes, this judiciary is not the best. its practices are not perfect. It ignores PML (N) and other important issues and concentrates on the Government (or PPP). But shouldn't the government be morally upright? like a bit morally strong than the opposition? being in the government, it does mean that you will be in the lime light. I would rather recommend that Mr. Zardari grants this CJ an extension before PPP retires from the government to have another round with PML(N) or any other government that comes in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Monday, July 02, 2012)

Atif Supermacy will become famous soon enough
Default Anti-SC propaganda belied as PPP not to open Sharif cases

ISLAMABAD: The startling statement of the NAB chairman that he will not reopen corruption references against the Sharif brothers has clarified the position that it was the PPP government-controlled NAB, not the judiciary, which was sitting on the corruption references against Nawaz Sharif and his other family members.

While the PPP media team and ruling party’s sympathisers in the print and electronic media have been constantly using the pending corruption cases against the Sharifs as an allegation to malign and defame the judiciary, The News had already reported on October 11, 2011 that President Zardari had ordered to drop all cases against the Sharifs.

NAB chairman Admiral (retd) Fasih Bokhari stated on Saturday that NAB is reviewing the references put forward by Rehman Malik against the Sharif brothers. “As the election is near, political cases will not be reopened against anyone including the Sharif brothers for the time being,” Fasih added.

The PPP’s media cell and its members in media have been constantly attacking the Supreme Court and its judges for not proceeding in the cases against the Sharifs by hiding the basic fact from the people that there is not a single NAB corruption case against Sharifs pending before the apex court.

While attacking the superior judiciary and spitting venom against the judges in a reaction to the Supreme Court’s repeated judgements against the NRO and in other corruption cases, these members of the PPP media team never explained that the corruption references against the Sharifs were pending before the accountability courts and could only be reopened if the NAB chairman requests the accountability courts in writing.

Not only the present chairman but even the old chairman, a known PPP jiyala Syed Deedar Hussain Shah, never wrote to the accountability court the Rawalpindi where these cases were adjourned sine die during the Musharraf regime.

In 2010, Accountability Court Judge Wamik Javed was approached by a prosecutor of NAB to reopen the references against the Sharif family but the court dismissed the petitions and ruled that the accountability court was not empowered to do so unless such a request was made by the NAB chairman under his own signatures.

The basic thing, according to former prosecutor generals of NAB is that the PPP government has fears of consequences of mega corruption references against its own top leadership and basically want to adopt ‘you scratch my back, I will scratch yours’ policy.

In fact President Zardari and Law Minister Farooq H Naek (in his previous term as a law minister) had taken briefings from NAB officials on all corruption references and inquiries but never issued ordered to initiate proceedings on these cases for the reasons best known to them.

It may be recalled that three references were filed against the Sharif brothers and other family members during the rule of former President Pervez Musharraf. These references were adjourned sine die during Musharraf’s regime after the Sharif family was deported to Saudi Arabia.

In one corruption reference - State Vs Hudaibia Paper Mills (Pvt) Ltd - nine members of the Sharif family were accused of committing an alleged corruption of Rs642.743 million. As per the NAB allegations, the accused deposited the ill gotten money in the accounts opened in other persons’ names and used the money from these accounts to pay off loans of the Sharif companies.

Mian Muhammad Sharif, Nawaz Sharif, Shahbaz Sharif, Abbas Sharif, Hussain Nawaz, Hamza Shahbaz Sharif, Shamim Akhtar (mother of Nawaz Sharif), Sabiha Abbas, Maryam Safdar and former federal minister Ishaq Dar were the accused in this reference.

The second corruption reference under the title of ‘State Vs Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif etc’ is about the Raiwind assets. The main allegation in this reference is that the accused had acquired vast tracts of land on which a number of palatial houses and mansions were constructed with pecuniary resources, which appeared to be grossly disproportionate to their known sources of income. As per NAB allegations, there involves an amount Rs247.352 million that is under question. Apart from Nawaz Sharif, his mother was also an accused in this case.

In the third corruption reference under the title of ‘State Vs Ittefaq Foundries’ etc, Nawaz Sharif, his brother Abbas Sharif and Kamal Qureshi were allegedly involved in a bank default case.

The main allegation against the accused in this case was that Ittefaq Foundries Ltd obtained cash finance from the National Bank of Pakistan. As per the NAB allegations, the company wilfully defaulted in 1994.

All these references were either filed or investigated in 1999-2000 by the accountability court in Attock. The cases, later, were shifted to Rawalpindi after the establishment of accountability courts in Rawalpindi. These cases were adjourned sine die after the Sharif family went to Saudi Arabia.

In addition to these cases, a case of bank default against the Sharifs is pending with the Lahore High Court where the Sharifs with the agreement of the bank had offered their mortgaged assets to be sold to repay the default amount. However, it is not being done as a family dispute has erupted between the Sharifs over the property already offered for sale.

In another case - helicopter reference - filed against Nawaz Sharif, he has already been acquitted by the LHC. The accountability court during Musharraf’s dictatorial rule had sentenced Nawaz Sharif to 14-year imprisonment and fined him Rs20 million in the helicopter reference eight years ago.

The LHC Rawalpindi division bench of Justice Tariq Shamim and Justice Saeed Ijaz, however, declared the accountability court verdict null and void.

Source

Please go through the above article and see Why SC is not taking up against Shareef brothers

Irtika will become famous soon enoughIrtika will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif3531 View Post
What i can see is total discriminatory remarks and comments by some people having affiliation with the incumbent government. Independence of judiciary is the road towards liberal democracy. How many chances were given to democracy? My second question to you, madam is who will be running the democracy. The incumbent government is simply surviving under the umbrella of democracy. I fear that because of this incumbent govt, democracy is going to earn bad reputation. CJ is part of apex court, so please dont blame him for not changing everything for you. He is not a lower court of high court judge who will go for solving small conflicts. what high courts are for? what are the responsibilities of the high court judges.
Discriminatory?? i just want answers of my questions with reasons. why you bring other things in your topic?? why you do not stick to topic?? Well you know Supreme court is Supreme so it should 1st see all the lower courts decision. If you blame Zardari for every problem of country then why should i not blame CJ for at least lower courts?? Ok agreed then what about the major cases like mehran gate and balochistan killings?? what has he done in practical terms for these cases?? why it does not conclude these case?? why he does not issue arrest warrant to Mr shareef(kash wo shareef hota) And what about my arguments about the prominent lawyer who are themselves accepting that SC is crossing its limits and not doing what it should do. Abd plz do not be too selective. If you have decided to participate then do give arguments or each our mentioned points otherwise at least do not say us that we are discriminate. Discrimination to apnay CJ kr rahey hen. And we have right to argue upon this aspect of CJ. Because he is claiming that he is chief and supreme in our country but we are say in which way?? in what terms??
SC wants to see itself in media headlines in positive words, congrats CJ you this objective is being achieved by just little effort and less opposition. But one day will come the same people will accept that he did not do enough for our country than ppp party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif3531 View Post
SC is the one who took notice of the balochistan situation, when musharraf was in office. It tried to hold accountable the military institution for the causes and reasons of balochistan. SC is doing all these things and taking up these steps coz of the failure of the capabilities of this govt to deliver. you cannot ignore the facts. Look at the devaluation of currency, shattered economy, lawlessness, corruption and rising of militancy. How much portion of GDP is allocated to the education sector??? DO you think sc is responsible for it?
Just holding accountable is enough?? well all knew, we know who are responsible before our beloved SC, we want solution is practical terms. if it has the power of removing the prime minister then why not others??
And as far as your other mention problems are concerned then why SC does not take sue motto cases for these problems??? why just corruption?? why it does not give orders for more allocation for GDP?? why does opposition party bring bill in this regard?? why opposition does not fill petition in this regard?? why it rush to contact court for Memo and not go for education and social sector?? and as far as militancy is concerned then is only govt. responsible for it?? who are the protector of our country in terms of defense of country?? I am saying no institution is delivering. I have much to say but sorry you are not going to agree and i do not expect this from you. Because everyone can not think out of box or thing other than what media say.

Last edited by Shooting Star; Monday, July 02, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: merged
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,807 Times in 836 Posts
Call for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihashmatkhoso View Post
dear in your point of view it is better than all, because you pro cj, but we are neutral. we want to discuss here some logical don't compare Arsalan and cj with others if you are supporting them come with logic and tell us from where arsalan, got such a huge money. and why cj ignored him. for others he is a honest cj, what about his own son? except ruling party other politicians are pious?. would you like to explain it that when Nawz shareef came in sc, with his guards covered with guns. was he respected the sc?. why cj was silent on the evil act of mr. shareef. how many time pm came in the court. but he charged why? apex court also politicized by cj and he is with shareef bradran.......
how the hell on earth you can pass this vague statement that I am pro CJ and biased while you are a neutral person. Just read your comment again and you will come to know who is biased and who is unbiased.As far as your question abut Nawaz sharef is concerned, let me tell you dear that i am not a spokesperson of NAwaz Shareef and neither i supported him in my previous comment. CJ is not supporting any party in fact he is the neutral person. can you tell me why Gilani refused to write letter? Was Zardari more important than national interest? open your eyes and see the conspiracy against him. lastly, no human being is perfect, to err is human , CJ might have done few mistakes but we cannot say that is working against the interest of Pakistan.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irtika View Post
J if it has the power of removing the prime minister then why not others??
And as far as your other mention problems are concerned then why SC does not take sue motto cases for these problems??? why just corruption?? why it does not give orders for more allocation for GDP??
Your above candidly made point, literally made me laugh.

All:

I recall a Quote which suits here.

In a society which is structured the wrong way, piety has no effect.

Regards,

yasmeen lakho is on a distinguished road

CJP is also corrupt! like politicians! this is just a turf war between two egoistic 'elephants' namely Gillani and CJP. If anyone thinks that CJP is out there to instil justice, this is far from the truth.

Jab baath apney betey per aaye tou CJP roz sessions laga raha hey, all of a sudden everything has become important?!?!

Shame on him!

When an average of 10 innocent people are being buthered in Karachi by political parties because of linguistic and ethinical differences, why the hell has the CJP reserved the decree concerning Karachi??? Not one of the judges of the anti terror court have performed their duty to send the extremist teroorists cuaght to the gallows. Why? I ask Why? they just want to enjoy the power that come with authority, but do not want to be responsible for the despensation of duty.

Each day when Karachi is closed due to these political disturbances, Pakistan suffers from Millions of Rupees!! This is just one instance, alot of brothers and sisters have pointed out many more discrepencies.

Many antagonists of the Hajj Scandel Case have been acquited altogether, it only goes on to demonstrate that the CJP is complicent! this can be anybody's guess... now please don't send me a notice for 'Contempt of Court" dear honourable CJP!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yasmeen lakho For This Useful Post:
ali emraan (Monday, July 02, 2012), Irtika (Monday, July 02, 2012)

Irtika will become famous soon enoughIrtika will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call for Change View Post
I am amazed to read the comments against the CJ and the harsh tone of respected members. I just want to say one think , why you guys are blaming media for being biased aren't you guys also biased ? you are looking and highlighting one side of the picture but no one is willing is see the other side. few days back you all were complaining against the corrupt leaders and now all a sudden you are making hue and cry against CJ and Arslan. Arslan may have done something wrong, CJ might have ignored his son's fault but still they are thousand times better than Mussa, Abdul Qadir, Gilani,Bilawal and Zardari. On the basis of one mistake you cannot judge one's personality or intention. Last thing about CJ

AArsh waly, MEri Touqer Salamat rakhna
Farsh k Khudaon say Ulajh betha hon Main
Kun g CJ asman say utar k aya hey?? I think our constitions about which our CJ talks a lot gives us freedom of speech. What do you think that whatever CJ will do we should praise it?? are we blind?? You are talking about yourself-that you are giving one side of picture.. Han we have right if we can criticize leaders than it does not mean that CJ is without any exception. which measurement are you using that CJ is thousand time better than them?? plz tell me about this measurement. Well i can say that at least they has done something good in our countries history, specially for democracy. There are various problems of pakistan other than corruption, why CJ does not even try to see upon them?? and why it is not making its own courts corruption free?? and we are the nation who dislike corruption but when a player return from london after facing corruption cases then we greet him with flowers?? More than it our lawyer the so called guardian of justice through flowers on killers. Much to say but few are to listen

Quote:
how the hell on earth you can pass this vague statement that I am pro CJ and biased while you are a neutral person. Just read your comment again and you will come to know who is biased and who is unbiased.As far as your question abut Nawaz sharef is concerned, let me tell you dear that i am not a spokesperson of NAwaz Shareef and neither i supported him in my previous comment. CJ is not supporting any party in fact he is the neutral person. can you tell me why Gilani refused to write letter? Was Zardari more important than national interest? open your eyes and see the conspiracy against him. lastly, no human being is perfect, to err is human , CJ might have done few mistakes but we cannot say that is working against the interest of Pakistan.
Well you did not give answer why our beloved CJ is not hearing the cases of Mr shareef??
Ok Is swiss letter is more important than the cases of masses?? is swiss letter is more important than democracy?? is swiss case is more important than the mandate of majority?? is swiss case is only reason of all the evils of our country?? is swiss case in above than supremecy of parliament??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Your above candidly made point, literally made me laugh.

All:

I recall a Quote which suits here.

In a society which is structured the wrong way, piety has no effect.

Regards,
Dear you have right to recall whatever you want to recall. All the best.

Last edited by Amna; Monday, July 02, 2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: merged/chain posts

alihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
don't be hyper try to control on it. i can use that type of language which you are using .. be careful. and why Gilani didn't write latter you asked, here i am suggesting you that please read constitution of Pakistan once, there is immunity for president. one pm must go against constitution i think you want to say that? as so for the matter of latter is concerned, why cj is silent now ? why cj didn't announce any decision when he went to karachi to solve the problems of karachi?.... be cool dear

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmeen lakho View Post
Jab baath apney betey per aaye tou CJP roz sessions laga raha hey, all of a sudden everything has become important?!?!

Shame on him!
Don't debunk. You are reminded that NAB has to decide Arsalan's Fate now. Wait for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmeen lakho View Post
When an average of 10 innocent people are being buthered in Karachi by political parties because of linguistic and ethinical differences, why the hell has the CJP reserved the decree concerning Karachi???
Doesn't Answer lie within?

ALL: The only cause of distress to Jiyalas (implied from this debate) is; why PPP has been singled out in corruption--- why not others?

We can proceed further in discussion if Answer is Yes

Regards

Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 10539

Asif3531 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihashmatkhoso View Post
don't be hyper try to control on it. i can use that type of language which you are using .. be careful. and why Gilani didn't write latter you asked, here i am suggesting you that please read constitution of Pakistan once, there is immunity for president. one pm must go against constitution i think you want to say that? as so for the matter of latter is concerned, why cj is silent now ? why cj didn't announce any decision when he went to karachi to solve the problems of karachi?.... be cool dear
Boy Immunity Immunity Immunity: Please get over it. Does Islam gives any sort of immunity. wow so what you meant is: constitution is protecting the corrupt people through provisions of immunity? Get over it sir jee, as then its the right of every president to do corruption and he is protected under the jumbrella of immunity?

In liberal democracy, all state institutions are equal and there is no supremacy of single institution. in short term pakistan may be in the wheel of hurdles, but in long term its going to bear the fruit.

If you think politicians are above law then i am sorry to say that you are against the very rules and principles of Islam.

@Umarabbas: Damn right bro. Zardari will never ever extend his duration.