Saturday, April 27, 2024
03:30 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo1 View Post
No i dont think We lost either of the countries.

It is the National Interest of a country which is at the base for shaping foreign policy vis a vis any country in the world. Please correct yourself; TAPI has not started yet, only MoU signed and other documents and codal formalities. What we offer to Russia is that We offer a cometitive bidding as per international SOPs, but contrary to this Russia wants a direct contract awarding facility from Pak govt.

As far as action against Haqqanis is concerned, Pak govt and military do not see Haqqanis as a hostile force challenging Pak state. Instead, Pak sees Haqqani group as 'Good Talibans', who are ready to accept dialogue and can facilitate any political settlement with the warring Talibans in Afghanistan, since they are Pushtun and have close links with Taliban (Pushtun) in Afghanistan.

The future foreign policy will be some thing like this:

US-Pak reproachment over Afghanistan 2014 endgame.
2. Pak may take cosmatic actions against Talibans (Haqqanis). Hence, Pak will play a key role in facilitating a political dialogue.
3. Pak foreign policy in US-Afghanistan game will be seen from Indian perspective, as Pak does not want India to take hegemony in Afghanistan.
4. Pak-US ties will remain in the cold stagnation as US will wait for the next Govt after the Polls to set new foreign policy parameters and understandings.

5. Relations with Russia will be dominated by Pakistan commitment towards energy cooperation in the region especial TAPI and IP and CASA 1000.
6. How Pak will assist Russia in developing a new road-rail link (energy corridor) in the region from CARs to Afghanistan and then to Pak and India.
7. How Pak will chew on the US bait as the 2014 deadline approaches.

whereas, Pak govt will try to broker a peace settlement which is not hostile to Pak interests in Afghanistan.
2. Pak will want foreign forces to exit as early as possible.
3. Pak military will continue to fight militancy.
4. Relations with India will be dominated by Pak role in prosecuting Terrorists.

Regards.

Thanx for correcting me ,I have heard road shows are conducted .Yes ,MoU has been signed 23 May 2012 .But you are saying we want to become strategic partner on the basis of equality.Pakistan has softened its diplomacy for all regional powers like Iran ,CAS and India ,China.Like we resolve xinjiang issue by accepting terrorist are being trained from FATA. We have signed many Mou with Iran.President Zardari is meeting with CAS in person .But we sidelined all our issues like sir creek ,siacheen (despite of massive avalanche ) ,kashmir and water issues .we come to trade and cultural exchange progrmmes .S.M. khrishna did not given a single interview to any pakistani journalist whereas Hina Rabbani khar interviews inundated Indian channels . The main point is

1. we did not establish our relations with any regional our global state on the basis of equity like

1.USA
2.India
3.china
4 .Iran

so how you may say we can established diplomatic dealing on the basis of equity ?

Haqqani issue has become bone of contention between Pak and USA,India. We know RAW and CIA presence in Baluchistan as well as USA congressmen have supported sub-states;Baluchistan as sovereign national state.We show cosmetic diplomacy ? NO i do not think so we show because Haqqani network issue will decide USA exit strategy.

You have imagined well US-Pak relations in the light of endgame but I am not agreed with your stance.

Do you think we can afford isolation? We can not at any cost that`s why delayed our foreign policy by blocking NATO supply routes . The delay in foreign policy is not a foreign policy as well .so we don`t have relations with Russia as per your description neither with USA .How we can sustained in the region .It means India is sole power ???

I am not foreseeing dominance in future neither in presence.How you may say pakistan is dominant?
Old Wednesday, December 05, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012 - Roll No.  08854

Mayo1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
Thanx for correcting me ,I have heard road shows are conducted .Yes ,MoU has been signed 23 May 2012 .But you are saying we want to become strategic partner on the basis of equality.Pakistan has softened its diplomacy for all regional powers like Iran ,CAS and India ,China.Like we resolve xinjiang issue by accepting terrorist are being trained from FATA. We have signed many Mou with Iran.President Zardari is meeting with CAS in person .But we sidelined all our issues like sir creek ,siacheen (despite of massive avalanche ) ,kashmir and water issues .we come to trade and cultural exchange progrmmes .S.M. khrishna did not given a single interview to any pakistani journalist whereas Hina Rabbani khar interviews inundated Indian channels . The main point is

1. we did not establish our relations with any regional our global state on the basis of equity like

1.USA
2.India
3.china
4 .Iran

so how you may say we can established diplomatic dealing on the basis of equity ?

Haqqani issue has become bone of contention between Pak and USA,India. We know RAW and CIA presence in Baluchistan as well as USA congressmen have supported sub-states;Baluchistan as sovereign national state.We show cosmetic diplomacy ? NO i do not think so we show because Haqqani network issue will decide USA exit strategy.

You have imagined well US-Pak relations in the light of endgame but I am not agreed with your stance.

Do you think we can afford isolation? We can not at any cost that`s why delayed our foreign policy by blocking NATO supply routes . The delay in foreign policy is not a foreign policy as well .so we don`t have relations with Russia as per your description neither with USA .How we can sustained in the region .It means India is sole power ???

I am not foreseeing dominance in future neither in presence.How you may say pakistan is dominant?
Let me clarify a few things first.
1. I never said that Pak does not have a foreign policy.
2. I did not say Pak is isolating itself.
3. If you disagree that Pak-US relations wil not be dominated by Afghan 2014 endgame, then please shed some light as to how Pak-US relations will take effect in future?

Now few more blunt truths:
Yes Pak has made few mistakes in the past which are haunting our past and present relations with our neighbours as well as big powers, e.g.

1. Pak employed militancy as a tool of state policy in Kashmir and Afghanistan.
2. Pak played a dual game with US, perhaps to prolong the the issue in the region, so it could reap monetary benefits as well as diplomatic pre-dominance in the world community.
3. Closure of Logistic Support Lines after Salala incident, was taken in anger and emotional stream. It badly affected Pak economy, diplomatic ties, standing in the region and invited wide criticism from Afghanistan, India, NATO, EU and of course the US.
You know you opened supply lines with getting apology from the US, if this was to happen, what was the need to take such a decision in the first place?
4. And its an established truth that India is a bigger power in the region and rightly deserves a leadership role in the area. India does not equate itself with Pak, instead it competes with world powers, i.e. China, Japan, Brazil, EU, Russia. Pak is no match to India in any field. I may sound pro India but its not so, I am just being realist. I am Paki and wants my country to accept the issues realistically and harness them.
And equality can only be sought among "equals".
Do you think Pak can establish an independent foreign policy on the basis of complete equality with:
USA, EU, China, Gulf, Russia, India, UK, Japan and other southeast Asian countries, keeping in view its poor economy and defence security? Equality comes with strength. What on water issue, you are refering to? please be specific.
And issues with India except that of Kashmir are being discussed and may soon be resolved, Sir Creek and Siachin are near decision. Just demarcation issue remains for decision.
Respected Member Sadia, half of our issues are due to our idealism and miscalculations of issues. Lets be realists and embrace the truth.
Please read it carefully alongwith my previous posts.
Regards.
Old Thursday, December 06, 2012

IMTIAZ AHMAD KHAN is on a distinguished road
Default Normalization of Indo-Pak relations-A HARBINGER OF HOPE

Normalization of Indo-Pak relations-A HARBINGER OF HOPE

It is not lost that comes at last. A huge blow of applause should be rendered for the Professionals, Mediamen and common masses that are extending their full-fledged support for normalization of relations between the two arch-rivals namely Pakistan and India. For decaded,they have been in a futile, unyielding and foreign-aided proxy war-perhaps a sequence of divide and rule resulting in not less than devastation,frustration,poverty,inferno,militancy, unemployment and anarchy prevailing in the already underpreviledged region.This region is on the verge of collapse.Kashmir issue is the bone of content between the two doubled with some other striking but solluble issues.Almost three declared and hundred non-declared wars have been adventured so far with immense fiasco and inferno for both the countries But being optimistic, we should look towards future betterment of the region and an enlightened and prosperous South Asia. Most of the greatest World disputes occurred due to lack of communication. Confidence Building Measures (CBMs),people to people contacts, composite dialogue and consensus on disputes can prove result-oriented. People residing on both sides of the borders will have to burry the hatchets. Peace process, which is underway, should be expedited on self-help bases along with the cannon of Give and Take. Notwithstanding by the peace process, the great losers will be the common masses.
The Following User Says Thank You to IMTIAZ AHMAD KHAN For This Useful Post:
saleem2000 (Sunday, December 09, 2012)
Old Sunday, December 09, 2012

saleem2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMTIAZ AHMAD KHAN View Post
Normalization of Indo-Pak relations-A HARBINGER OF HOPE

It is not lost that comes at last. A huge blow of applause should be rendered for the Professionals, Mediamen and common masses that are extending their full-fledged support for normalization of relations between the two arch-rivals namely Pakistan and India. For decaded,they have been in a futile, unyielding and foreign-aided proxy war-perhaps a sequence of divide and rule resulting in not less than devastation,frustration,poverty,inferno,militancy, unemployment and anarchy prevailing in the already underpreviledged region.This region is on the verge of collapse.Kashmir issue is the bone of content between the two doubled with some other striking but solluble issues.Almost three declared and hundred non-declared wars have been adventured so far with immense fiasco and inferno for both the countries But being optimistic, we should look towards future betterment of the region and an enlightened and prosperous South Asia. Most of the greatest World disputes occurred due to lack of communication. Confidence Building Measures (CBMs),people to people contacts, composite dialogue and consensus on disputes can prove result-oriented. People residing on both sides of the borders will have to burry the hatchets. Peace process, which is underway, should be expedited on self-help bases along with the cannon of Give and Take. Notwithstanding by the peace process, the great losers will be the common masses.
Outstanding!!!
It could not be described in a better way. Let me have the liberty with your last sentence.
" the common masses have been the great losers, let them not be in future! "