Tuesday, May 07, 2024
09:51 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: Is Pakistan in need of President General Pervez Musharraf?
Tes 39 31.45%
No 80 64.52%
Don't Know 5 4.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I think only thing we need in our country is a true democracy . In todays world every society strives to become democratic society which reflects wishes and desires of its nation in its policies. Country's strength lies in strong and well organised institutions which in turn depend on good governance.
Yes you are 100% right that we are in dire need of democracy to grow leaps and bound that would sustain for longer term. Democracy bring real economic growth and example of India is before us to believe that now India is the biggest democracy of the world and at the same time 2nd ranked economy in the world.

Quote:
Judiciary which is guardian of constitution which is soul of any democratic society has been brutally murdered.
Its what Saleeqa has said in another thread about Judiciary and its the most beautiful description of Judiciary.

Quote:
Who is responsible for all this offcourse head of state which in our case is a dictator. And this is not a small crime which should be forgiven.
Yes to put death to the constitution is not something to be forgiven. We all knows that armed officers take oath to remain faithful to the constitution then how they can back from their oath....? and if it is done there should be strong punishment for it to stop it in future.

Quote:
A nation gets a ruler who is its reflection.........do we want to present this reflection of our nation to international society.
Its what my Mamoo says when I talk against Musharaf and I always say that you will see that we will not leave him to lead our country further becase the day of decision is so near. Soon this sleeping nation will wake up and whole scene would change.

We are hopeful because young generation is educated and they can think as well.

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

@ Miss Naqvi

Quote:
Yes you are 100% right that we are in dire need of democracy to grow leaps and bound that would sustain for longer term. Democracy bring real economic growth and example of India is before us to believe that now India is the biggest democracy of the world and at the same time 2nd ranked economy in the world.
very well said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote:
Yes to put death to the constitution is not something to be forgiven. We all knows that armed officers take oath to remain faithful to the constitution then how they can back from their oath....? and if it is done there should be strong punishment for it to stop it in future.
i said again and again we are all responsible for any unconstitutional act,,,,, and i said again that our JUDGES make it possible and smoothen the way of unconsititutional act, in past and in present,,,,,,,, we should balme our judiciary more than our other leaders.......

Quote:
We are hopeful because young generation is educated and they can think as well.
i also agree but now a days most of us are unable to control our emotions, and we are unable now to understand the real situation, we are now moving towards a side where whole crowd is moving,,,, it is not an educated sense....... i hope u understand what i want to say.

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job

@Miss Naqvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Naqvi
I m not agreed that Ayub's period was finest in the history. Yes it is said but do you think that if you reached high goals during his period and who will be responsible for sudden decline of economy?
now u are not accepting the reality which is accepted internationally.

Quote:
We should live in the world of reality and it would be a day dream if we think that Musharaf will ever leave his powers. He can leave the seat only under the pressure from general public.
We should not loose our patience,,,,, and if i m not worng he announced the date of 29 Nov for taking oath as civilian president,,,,, and if we support and our media support and our judiciary supported him in past than this process completed without 'mergeny" but now unfortunatelyl all this happened under emergency dut to some unavoided circumstances...........
Quote:
Do you think seperation of East Pakistan was the result of that power play only.....?

No brother a long struggle for finding their basic rights finally ended in the shape of seperation.
My dear sister, i want to say that we have no patience,,, and at that time Ayoub knew very well that how he proceed his policies furthur,,, because all policies initiated by him but unfortunately people could not support him and we face the harsh incident of our history,,,, i think u get my words,,,, that a person who plan a policey, knows very well that how to implement him,,, but when any other person take place of such person that result may be worse because new man has no idea about the policies,,,,, i just want to giv exapmle of world war I, Bismarck was person who control all the european powers e.g France and Russia,,, but when new head of state came into power (William) he was unable to understand the situation and abolish all policies of Bismarck and give free hand to france and russis and u know very well that this became the cause of first world war,,,,,,,,,, so i think u understand what i want to say,,,,,,,,

Quote:

present situation in balochistan and if Musharaf leaves seat due to the severe pressure and a new government take the charge of power and May God Forbidden Balochistan insurgency take severe form and Baloch ppl seperate themselves would it be caz of that newly appointed government.....?
Will you say democracy is not made for Pakistan....?
Will you claim Musharaf was the only right option for Pakistan....?

NO dear brother nothing happen suddenly... Events make grounds for such happenings and Musharaf has made ground for it. So whenever we will talk about him he would be counted responsible for this provincial autonomy issue.
my dear if musharaf has made ground for it than he should play on it....... and tell me my wise friend that if the ground made by musharaf was not good than we should stop him in the begining but not yet because now almost all ground is completed and only result is awaiting............. so my dear if grounds are wrong that why we were sleeping at that time? why didn't we take action at that time? now we are saying that we talk about musharaf when we talk about the provinicial autonomy topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote:
At that time there was democracy and politicaly selected government was in power. The way he presented the situation and that Kargill war has left country in doldrums so poor Pakistanis considered him the person who will do something for the country. It was the sweet dream of innocent people that proved nightmare.

my dear, when a person commitid a crime then must punish him,,,,,, but we are sensless and accepted any new thing very quickly without having any sense of far-sightedness and without analizing the results,,,,,,,,,,, we are not inocent but we are sensless people,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote:
Yes here we are seperated on our views;
For you the death of Judiciary is the death of one person but for me death of Judiciary is death of the solidarity of the nation and poisoning of democracy.
Its not only death of democracy rather its birth of lawlessness, everlasting armed rule and killing self-respect of civilians.

I think you havent gone through the recent news being announced by our prestigious SC Judges about Lawyers that they would cancel the Liscence of those lawyers who are not holding cases before the judges being oathed under PCO 2007.
My dear,,,,,,,, above order is given by SC Judge not any general,,,,,,,if our judges want to restore the democracy than they can easily do it,, ut unfortunately we should not accept these types of things from the judges due to their favor towards all unconstitutional acts..........

Quote:
Musharaf is sole person so as per your say we should never change our policies for single person.
T
his time you have to stand and refuse to accept change in policies for him.

I m talking about Ex CJ, and another thing,,,,,,,,,, mind it any consitutional act taken in the past having back of judiciary,,,,,,,,,,, and as far as EX CJ is concer than u have clear idea that his hands are also balck,,,,,,,,,,,

at the end we must leave the emotional decisions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

waiting for ur comments,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Banned

Mazher is on a distinguished road

@ Miss Naqvi

Quote:
Foriegn Aid
US Support for dictators because they dont have roots in public
Dictators comes with no manifesto so their every act is justifiable that is favourable for World Rulers

I m totally agreed with ur logical points.

and must add some more points 4 my brother Honey Shah 2 illustrate my opinion.

Now due to shortage of time, I m sorry 2 leave.

But in sometime I will be there with an informative post.

Regards,

Mazher
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazher For This Useful Post:
Abdul Wahid (Sunday, December 09, 2007)
Old Wednesday, November 28, 2007

R-If is on a distinguished road

I have been a great fan of Musharraf and his policies until last year or so. He made mistakes earlier too but those were not as costly as his present ones. Last 10-12 months of his rule brought so much disaster. His policies in Balouchistan, in tribal areas, in lal Mosque, his dealings with media and judiciary are some of issue in which I believe he made lot of mistake. I dont put complete blame on him alone in all these issues, but yes he was involved and had his role in that mess. NO dialogue policy adopted by him costed him the most, in my opinion. He should have tried to solve out issues in Balouchistan, in tribal areas and of lal mosque by dialogue, which he didnt. Maybe because he was feeling pressure from west or for some other reason. But whatever the reasons were, they dont make his act right.

a year before you had started this poll and I would not have hesitated even for a second to poll in favour of Musharraf. Today, situation is different and it makes it quite difficult to give a clear cut answer to this question.

You give Imran Khan or a sincere leader like him in powerful role in pakistani politics and my answer will be - pakistan dont need Musharraf anymore. But the ground reality we have same old guys on stage. If Musharraf completely leaves the scene here. Benazir, Nawazsharif or anyone else like them will be ruling pakistan all alone. which I dont want to see happen at any cost. Thats the only reason, I dont mind Musharraf ruling for 2-3 more years. What I want from him is that - he should be elastic in policies in baluchistan and tribal areas and should be more fair while dealing with media and judiciary. more over ofc I would like him to only be a civilian president. Ecnomic policies are going fine but they could be improved to facilitate poor and middle class.

2-3 months from now, if everything goes as per musharraf plan, I see Musharraf as civilian president having power shared either with PML(Q) or PPP. For sake of pakistan I hope political parties this time will show some improvement in their attitude. As for pakistani nation, I dont have much hopes for them as for now, since most of us are so busy in our life that its hard for us to take out some time to think over the issues of our country.

I could be wrong at the end in my judgements, therefore I pray to Allah to do whatever is in best favour of Pakistan and its people and the whole world. Ameen.
Old Thursday, November 29, 2007
Banned

Mazher is on a distinguished road

@ Miss Naqvi

Quote:
I m not agreed that Ayub's period was finest in the history. Yes it is said but do you think that if you reached high goals during his period and who will be responsible for sudden decline of economy?
I m 100 % agreed with u.
That era was responsible 2 weaken the political institution.
Economy was went in shambles due 2 that illogical intervention by Military at that time. (Although it was supposed at that time that Military Governments would have better economy than Democrartic Governments)

saying of Shahid Javed Burki (Daily Dawn)

Quote:
Let me tell you that y Economy grow in the time of dictatorship or army rule....

Foriegn Aid
US Support for dictators because they dont have roots in public
Dictators comes with no manifesto so their every act is justifiable that is favourable for World Rulers

That all bring money to the country and suddenly economy starts growing and when they leave the seat all that money is blocked thus economy falls.
agreed

Quote:
Do you think it will happen ever till he is alive....?
Musharraf has proved it.... Now things are going towards an intentional and logical end.

Thank u Musharraf

Quote:
NO dear brother nothing happen suddenly... Events make grounds for such happenings and Musharaf has made ground for it. So whenever we will talk about him he would be counted responsible for this provincial autonomy issue.
100 % agreed

Quote:
Yes here we are seperated on our views;
For you the death of Judiciary is the death of one person but for me death of Judiciary is death of the solidarity of the nation and poisoning of democracy.
Its not only death of democracy rather its birth of lawlessness, everlasting armed rule and killing self-respect of civilians.

I think you havent gone through the recent news being announced by our prestigious SC Judges about Lawyers that they would cancel the Liscence of those lawyers who are not holding cases before the judges being oathed under PCO 2007.

Na ganwa-o nawuk-e-neem shab, dil-e-reza reza ganwa dia
jo bachay hein sung samet lo, tan-e-dagh dagh luta dia

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazher For This Useful Post:
Abdul Wahid (Sunday, December 09, 2007)
Old Monday, December 17, 2007
Banned

abidusman is an unknown quantity at this point

well,
Till march 2007 musharaf sahib ruled over pakistan klike a benign ruler. musharaf sahib,s political protege inflicted much perversions to which musharaf sahib turn blind eye. musharaf sahib gradually turned complicent. the more musharaf tended to lean on his tailormade political mafia i.e Q leage and other ilk, the more pakistanwitness the murder of merit, rightiousness and integrity. despite this musharaf sahib,s rule was far far better than any other previous rule of nawaz sharif in general and benazir in particular and this is a fact, to any impartial and detached mind, without a question over its truth.As musharaf have had so much overwhelming power or may still be. He , only God knows better on what impulse, has made a most shamefull and heinous spectacle of judiciary which is the soul and substance of any justice and welfare oriented nation. we better not make a comparison between democracy and dictatorship in the context of pakistan. All heads of mainstream political parties of pakistan are demodictators. nawaz , benazir, asif zardari and altaf hussain are worst than any military ruler of pakistan this i know like nobody know.AND I HAVE MOST RATIONAL CONVICTION OF IT.Yet musharaf by murdering judiciary and that too under most ridiculous and lamest of excuses, has infanticide his own new-born baby which he in his hearts of hearts believed has to be a sine quanon in the midst of so much abuses of human rights, of power and law , and strangulation of merit. pakistan has no hope beyound an independant and impartial judiciary and a committed and saviour army because politics here is a business of industrial conglomorates, fudal lords, blood sucking leeches, and vast array of explioters in different guises.under such circumstances, only institutions can give salvatoin. musharaf has fallen into a most pathological labyrinth the end-result of which would be blackening of his all good deeds and an irredeemable regret and ignomity. To say that Judiciary commited this and that excess is only tantamount to being mischieviously and woefully intelectualy dishonest.if at all judiciary as a person or as an institution carried out any inapropriate act, the soloution lies in reforming it and giving it uncompromising independance and make it a watch dog over all cardinal tramplings be it from state itself or any high and mighty of the land.
Old Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Hira Butt is on a distinguished road
Default President

Pakistan needs President more than ever before after the death of BB. As there is no better alternative (leadership) available currently in Pakistan.

No one in this world is ideal or perfect. So looking at the positive side of President we come to know:-

Successfull Foreign Policy [Saved our nuclear program & Strategic weapon system--- Manintaing the level of minimum deterance of strategic weapons]

Foreign Investment (specially Telecom, Financial Corporate)
&
Foreign Aid (USAID, JICA, Aid for Pak Military, 9 Foreign Engineering Universities of International Standard underway)

Less un-employment,,,, more jobs

Better and sustainable GDP Growth rate (except after march 2007)

After 1988,,,,, the Pakistan Air Force has now become able to update itself--- to maintain its effectiveness in the area as compared to India--- This was delayed cuz of non availability of resources which have become possible by the International yearly aid we are getting from USA.... hence is a result of better foreign policy..... Pakistan is likely to get in a few coming years the Advance Air Borne Warning & radar system..... updated F-16 at reasonable prices & few used F-16 (By US National Guards) at cheap prices. And also many other updates.

Creating a mass of skilled manpower via thousands of fellowships each year for advance studies in foreign countries......... funding is done either by Govt of Pakistan via MOU's for International aid in this sector. This was never done in last 60 years at this scale.........

Reserving 10% quota for women in Civil service. Today women are even GDPs in PAF which never was possible ever before........

These are a few major indicators of success during President Musharaf era. And I pray & wish that Pakistan should become stable again as it was before March 2007 and be on the way of success & progress !!! And Pakistan needs controlled (or checked) democracy via a strong National Security Council and certain rights should be granted in constitution of Pakistan to this council to excercise its powers if necessary. So that corruption should be checked and vital steps, domestic decisions matters and any major decision in Foreign Policy of Pakistan should be taken only after the approval of a strong National Security Council which may be composed of Chief of Army staff, Naval Staff, Air Staff, Chief Justice Supreme Court, Most senior Civil Servants(CSPs) & perhaps A technocrate & Chairman Senate. Till the formation of such a strong National Security Council,,,, Pakistan is in great need of President Pervez Musharaf for the continuation of current progress policies.

regards,
Hira
Old Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Banned

abidusman is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Miss Hira Butt,
i absoloutly agree with you that now musharaf has become absoloutly indispensible for pakistan after the death of benazir,as there is every real possibility that same old monsters and criminals on the wave of gullible and misplaced public sympathy would rise to the echelons of power and pakistan again will become a theater of all kind of notorious activities. those rebuking present govt , if happen to come to power, will loot it and demonstrate worst kind of political brinksmanship. musharaf did transgress in assaulting judiciary but he need to bear in mind that his much vaunted national security council no matter how powerfull will not be able to check the proxies and flux of wrongdoings in the day-to-day internal apparatus of state unless there is independant judiciary and also a viberant and depoliticised civil service on which musharaf has wreak havock beyound redemption, just to keep happy some turn courts, and mafia like clique of his so called political supporters and oppurtunists. there is a fact that pakistan witness some bouyant economy but this is also a fact that this boon is largly confined to certain segment of capitalist classes of pakistan musharaf must resolve to give some relief to the teeming millions of woefully impoverished masses by making some departure from textbook version of capitalisam and finance health and educcation, sectors much more and stop the practice of throwing it wholly to the clutches of greedy and unsparing capitalist classs of pakistan in the name of deregulation.otherwise musharaf,s foes will make a huge capital of it as already had been the case as musharaf suffers huge trust deficit at the mass public level.Had he not assaulted judiciary , much of it never had happened. laiken yeh haqeeqat hai , agar nawaz ya benazir musharaf ki jagah hote to halat is bhee kai guna burai hootai. but this nation is in the business of harbouring perpetual delusions and unfortunately now nawaz , shahbaz and zardari are posing themselves as long awaited saviour of pakistan. if they come to power, nothing will change and pakistan most likely will suffer even more because at heart they are demo-dictators and look upon pakistan as their backyard to loot and plunder.in pakistan politics is the product of patron and client relations and they are past master at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to abidusman For This Useful Post:
Hira Butt (Wednesday, January 02, 2008)
Old Monday, January 07, 2008

@Hira Butt
very well said,,,, ur comments are like a wise and far-sighted person,,,,,,,, very well,,,,,, i really apriciate u..............

@abidusman
ur comments are also very good,,,,,,, and its mean there are number of students or people who look on the brighter side of the picture,,,,,,,,,, this is like a optimistic person,,,,,,,,, very well said........

Last edited by prieti; Tuesday, January 08, 2008 at 01:13 AM.