Tuesday, May 21, 2024
06:07 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 22, 2013

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
Loop is in the implementation of the law. Where the authorities show leniency, people take charge. Gustakh e Rasool must be hanged. Period.
Rather misuse of the law. The law vulnerable to frequent misuse should be modified to prevent its misuse. Where have authorities shown leniency against the accused? They're too quick to convict them seeming like summary justice to appease people on the street. Street vigilantism should be discouraged no matter what! Such kind of sweeping statements only encourage and justify events like Badami Bagh tragedy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Sunday, September 22, 2013), Irtika (Sunday, September 22, 2013), Mutu (Monday, September 23, 2013)

Cute Badshah has a spectacular aura aboutCute Badshah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad T S Awan View Post
3. Yes, government must take measures for proper implementation of the law. Further, no need to worry for Pakistan becoming a hell for religious minorities. This is not going to happen . You may like to study former USSR's policies in Central Asia, Indian's behaviour with the minorities etc and can realize that there is great tolerance in the country in comparison to those countries

Actually this has happened. At time we weren't worry about the conditions of minorities in Pakistan, two suicidal bumble bees (so called-mujaheed-i-Islam) blowed up the Christians Church in Peshawar this morning. When we talk so much about blasphemy and its related issues, totally ignoring the current state of affairs in the country, then there are those people who take the mere presence of minorities (christs, hindus, ahmedis, and Shias as blasphemous and a grave threat to Islam. We want Gustakh e Rasool to be hanged even by a frustrated mob, we treat our religious minorities as third grade citizens and by our understanding we claim that only a Infidel can commit blasphemy, when all these discourses mix up with each other we get dead bodies at the other side of the equation.

zarraar will become famous soon enough

(1) Is this suicide attack on the church is the only suicide attack in pakistan then you can say that pakistan is a hell for religious minorities. But the reality is different. There are suicide attacks on mosques, imambargahs and even on the residency of our beloved Muhammad Ali Jinah. (2) There is always a possibility of misuse of every law and rule in the world then why there is a too much discussion about Blasphemy law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
In a country having merely 10% minorities population, do you really think there is a need for Blasphemy law?
If I am a person belonging to any minority would I ever dare to blaspheme? Whilst I know my house along with entire colony would be burnt and I would be dead.
This law has been a tool to fulfil petty interests.
Did a person ever accussed of committing blasphemy, could succeed to prove his innocence?
Its impossible!
Who said that Blasphemy Laws are for only non-muslims?These laws are for every one including muslims and non-muslims in Pakistan.

Last edited by Amna; Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Merged/Chain Posts
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

I acquiesce with some members that changes should be made in the said law but only to address its misuse, the law itself is correct and there is nothing wrong about that. A mechanism must be devised so that an innocent must not be affected, and it should be implemented in a very meticulous and scrupulous way.

It also happens that some liberal people have raised such hue and cry against the law and they have termed the law itself as brutal which is clearly wrong, they must have criticized its loopholes not the law. So as a result of calling the whole law as brutal, the actual criminal who did the act of blasphemy benefits and gets the sympathies of the people. This is also wrong and one must avoid calling the law itself as bad or like, if there is a defect in your motorbike, you will repair it and won't throw the bike out.

Quote:
In a country having merely 10% minorities population, do you really think there is a need for Blasphemy law?
If I am a person belonging to any minority would I ever dare to blaspheme? Whilst I know my house along with entire colony would be burnt and I would be dead.
This law has been a tool to fulfil petty interests.
Did a person ever accussed of committing blasphemy, could succeed to prove his innocence?
Its impossible!
In a country where only 0.1 or maximum 1 % women have been victims of acid attacks, according to your logic there should not be any law for that?

If there are majority of deer in a jungle say 100 deer, and only 10% tigers say only 10, according to your logic there won't be any attack on the deer? It is in the nature of Tiger to attack the deer and it is in the nature of human beings to have prejudices for others' religion, no matter they are majority or in minority, it is innate in human nature.

In Burma, Muslims were not even 10% and they did not even did anything, any act of blasphemy was not reported against the Buddhists, but they were persecuted. so very flawed point you raised. where there are people, there would be prejudices, for social creeds, for the social status and for the religion, no matter the concerned people are in minority and majority. It is evident in human history that people tend to have proclivities to malign other's religion. So your point is very flawed mam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Badshah View Post
Actually this has happened. At time we weren't worry about the conditions of minorities in Pakistan, two suicidal bumble bees (so called-mujaheed-i-Islam) blowed up the Christians Church in Peshawar this morning. When we talk so much about blasphemy and its related issues, totally ignoring the current state of affairs in the country, then there are those people who take the mere presence of minorities (christs, hindus, ahmedis, and Shias as blasphemous and a grave threat to Islam. We want Gustakh e Rasool to be hanged even by a frustrated mob, we treat our religious minorities as third grade citizens and by our understanding we claim that only a Infidel can commit blasphemy, when all these discourses mix up with each other we get dead bodies at the other side of the equation.
Brother stay calm, don't get emotional.

Did you ask the suicide attackers that they are true Muslims and even they are Muslims at all? Islam is a religion of peace and those who have taken the oath of fidelity to Islam will simply do nothing like that because Islam protects minorities. Today if first time in Peshawer a church is targeted then 99 times a mosque or a market is targeted where Muslims die, why don't you consider it in your equation brother? This is happening to everyone out there, no minority is under attack, and by the way who treats the monorities as third graded citizens? There is no state issued decree carrying any discrimination in this regard. Don't proliferate wrong things and don't generalize the things.

When it happens to all, it happens to none. Christians died today, Muslims die daily, this is about humanity not about a certain religion or a creed. I feel very sad about the bereaved families but don't let yourself taken away in maelstrom of your emotions and by criticizing the general Muslims for no reasons at all, you are mere creating a bad impact of your own.
`
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Hassan View Post

In a country where only 0.1 or maximum 1 % women have been victims of acid attacks, according to your logic there should not be any law for that?

If there are majority of deer in a jungle say 100 deer, and only 10% tigers say only 10, according to your logic there won't be any attack on the deer? It is in the nature of Tiger to attack the deer and it is in the nature of human beings to have prejudices for others' religion, no matter they are majority or in minority, it is innate in human nature.

In Burma, Muslims were not even 10% and they did not even did anything, any act of blasphemy was not reported against the Buddhists, but they were persecuted. so very flawed point you raised. where there are people, there would be prejudices, for social creeds, for the social status and for the religion, no matter the concerned people are in minority and majority. It is evident in human history that people tend to have proclivities to malign other's religion. So your point is very flawed mam.
In fact you are proving my point. Laws should be made to protect the weaker sections. As in your analogy Deer are to be protected from Lions and not vice versa.
So your approach is flawed Sir.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,060 Posts
Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future

Blasphemy Law is not wrong, but surely there are loop holes in its execution. There is a need to derive a mechanism to implement it properly.
A person who accuses some one wrongly is himself committing blasphemy by accusing someone on the name of Holy Prophet. In this case he should be hanged.
As such cases are of high concern, so the such FIRs should not be registered in our routine Thana Culture where it is easy to file and FIR after paying bribery
Such cases be reported to higher officials on district level and proper investigation should be made under observation of DPOs or even ACs or DCOs could be made the head of inquiry committee. In this case it will be easy to investigate the matter properly and misuses of Blasphemy Law could be eliminated.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarraar View Post
(2) There is always a possibility of misuse of every law and rule in the world then why there is a too much discussion about Blasphemy law?
Because it is the only law where vast majority of Pakistani Muslims firmly believe that they are duty bound to murder anyone who bad-mouths our beloved Prophet(SAW) by taking LAW into their own hands to weave place in Paradise.

Quote:
Please stand corrected.

295-C states:- Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo, or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) shall be punished with death, or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable to fine."

43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In fact you are proving my point. Laws should be made to protect the weaker sections. As in your analogy Deer are to be protected from Lions and not vice versa.
So your approach is flawed Sir.

Your point was if there is 10% of something then it won't do anything, and it would let the majority remain undisturbed, and I proved your point wrong by saying that there were 10 tigers and 100 deer, so tigers won't do anything to deer as per your logic, but I proved it wrong by citing that those 10 tigers would surely harm the majority. So point valid.

I din't say that laws should not be there to rescue weak from strong, did I?

In my example tigers were 10% of deer, which means minorities are 10% of out total population, Deer are to be protected from Lions and not vice versa (Quote from your post) BUT I had termed tigers as minority because they are 10%, so you mean to say Muslims who are 90% and who are deer, must be protected from minority? Nice Assimilation dear.....I have become a fan of your wisdom and reasoning.....

P.S: Next time please assimilate then respond.

I would also need to have your say about the following arguments.

Quote:
Quote:
`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taimoor Gondal View Post
Blasphemy Law is not wrong, but surely there are loop holes in its execution. There is a need to derive a mechanism to implement it properly.
A person who accuses some one wrongly is himself committing blasphemy by accusing someone on the name of Holy Prophet. In this case he should be hanged.
As such cases are of high concern, so the such FIRs should not be registered in our routine Thana Culture where it is easy to file and FIR after paying bribery
Such cases be reported to higher officials on district level and proper investigation should be made under observation of DPOs or even ACs or DCOs could be made the head of inquiry committee. In this case it will be easy to investigate the matter properly and misuses of Blasphemy Law could be eliminated.
I agree with your point, The law itself is not to be accused, there might be loopholes in every law and these loopholes must be removed not the law. It is more important that we must take it as a moral obligation as well that accusing a person of a crime he/she has not committed is a sin and a grave one and we'll be held accountable for that on the day of judgement.

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Did you ask the suicide attackers that they are true Muslims and even they are Muslims at all? Islam is a religion of peace and those who have taken the oath of fidelity to Islam will simply do nothing like that because Islam protects minorities.
Why are you denying that they are Muslims? Do you also deny that Taliban, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and other sectarian outfits that carry out acts of terrorism are Muslims? That just by the virtue of the fact that someone is a Muslim, he can't be the one who carry out such acts? This is absurd. This hypothesis of denial has led TV anchors and journalists-some of them quite notable- to conclude that suicide bombers are in fact Hindus and Jews sent by Raw and Mosad. They even claim that inspection of the genitals of suicide bombers revealed that they were uncircumcised non-Muslims!

Quote:
Today if first time in Peshawer a church is targeted then 99 times a mosque or a market is targeted where Muslims die, why don't you consider it in your equation brother? This is happening to everyone out there, no minority is under attack, and by the way who treats the monorities as third graded citizens? There is no state issued decree carrying any discrimination in this regard. Don't proliferate wrong things and don't generalize the things.

When it happens to all, it happens to none. Christians died today, Muslims die daily, this is about humanity not about a certain religion or a creed. I feel very sad about the bereaved families but don't let yourself taken away in maelstrom of your emotions and by criticizing the general Muslims for no reasons at all, you are mere creating a bad impact of your own.`
Didn't you miss a very important point: Exactly which Muslims are dying? You're just generalizing 'all the people dying because of terrorism' into one category of Muslims. Shias Muslims are dying, they are routinely targeted esp. Hazara Shias. People of Barelvi sect are being targeted. Security people are being targeted because they represent the state which is countering-feebly though- their extremist ideology. And I'm not even counting the violence against Ahmadis. Not everyone is dying. There is a pattern in the targeted attacks and they are mostly these minority sects. You cannot deny there is no minority persecution. And two wrongs don't make one right: If Muslims die daily, what's the big deal if a few Christians died today? Isn't that what you're saying?
And as far as state decree concerning minority discrimination is concerned do you know how did Rana Bhagwandas take oath? By saying it out aloud he will protect the Islamic Ideology. Imagine a Muslim taking an oath saying he will protect the Christian or Hindu Ideology. A non-Muslim cannot become a Prime Minister or President. Doesn't it fall under the category of religious discrimination?

And seriously man your analogy in which you equated minorities of Pakistan to tigers and Muslims to deers and implied that it is the nature of non-Muslims to criticize Islam-or blaspheme to be exact- can never get more misleading. In fact it is sad how you think. It is just an assumption and you have no evidence to that claim. The truth is minorities are just too scared to even dare to say something that remotely suggest a debate on or denial of Islam. They don't want to be lynched, do they?
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
Irtika (Monday, September 23, 2013)
Old Monday, September 23, 2013

Irtika will become famous soon enoughIrtika will become famous soon enough

Quote:

This is also wrong and one must avoid calling the law itself as bad or like, if there is a defect in your motorbike, you will repair it and won't throw the bike out. [/B]

Bilal Hassan, you are right that we do not throw bike if there are defects, but.......................
If bike continously breaks down then there comes time to change it and throw it. And Sometime even we replace it by car.
Closed Thread