Tuesday, May 14, 2024
09:39 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, February 05, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Don't drag Islam into every debate.
I do agree with that. Read the thread and see who did that. If a person thinks that religion is inevitably entwined with each and every matter of life, be it culture or politics or science, then religion would be dragged into everything. I don't do that and don't like others doing that. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope people can follow it.

Quote:
none who has studied the Qur'aan can endorse that its teachings are limited to worship and rituals only.
You, my friend, started a whole speech based on the flawed assumption that I said any such thing. I did not. I do not believe that Islam is a narrow set of rituals and worship. Islam provides a general set of guidelines about scores of aspects of life, more than any other religion, but not about each and every matter of life, particularly the kind of matters we face today. That is what I said.

Quote:
The growth of Islam from 2001 to 2010 is 1.86 higher than the growth of all religions of the world and 2010 to 2020 has been estimated at 1.70% in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe. According to the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, the World Christian Database as of 2007 Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.
we will not discuss the people crosssing barriers and entering into sam-sex marriages or others.they are also annoyed from the world and looking for peace in these rogue things but,we can call them sick only.
If you consider anyone sick, that is perfectly all right with me. You are entitled to your opinion. My question, however, was not about the growth of Islam or homosexuality. It was about apostasy. Any answer to that?

Quote:
Islam is the world's best and last religion after which the door of revelation have been closed.and muslims are the best ummat
Again, that is nothing more than a belief and it is perfectly all right. For a follower of any religion, that religion is the best. This belief is fine as long as it is not imposed on others.

Quote:
,if kissing on the stage and celebrating ghazal nights in mohatta palace having tickets of 6000 not allowed for common peeple is culture according to you
I did not endorse any such thing.

Quote:
no offence.
None taken.
Old Friday, February 07, 2014

Kainatkhan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Clearly your knowledge of Islam has not gone beyond textbooks. No, Islam does not tell us everything about every matter of life. Prophet (PBUH) himself said that he is no authority on the matters of this world. This is the kind of muddleheaded thinking that has left us confused about everything and we are not ready to move forward from the 7th century.

Tell me, what do you think we should do with the apostates? That is, with the people who decide to leave Islam and convert to some other religion and live peacefully?

So do all major religions and philosophies. Nothing special about it.

Apparently you don't know much about culture either.
I told you earlier that you have made your own thinking about Islam. If you have any such queries in your mind, do ask such queries from Pious religious scholar.

However, I would like to tell you again here that Islam is the complete code of life. Every act of a Muslim should be according to the Islam and nothing is beyond Islam. If someone thinks that today the entire world is changed and Islamic teachings can not be followed due to this advancement in technology etc then they should contact with pious religious scholars as soon s possible. Because Islam tells us that we have to consult religious scholars to bring their opinion according to the instructions of Islam for everything which is new and did not happen in past. But we do not have to leave it by saying that this thing is beyond Islam. That is completely wrong.

If it is culture, we have to follow the rules of our dressing as per the instructions of Islam. Each and everything comes under the boundaries of Islam if we think about it. But if we have stopped thinking then we shall be asked on the day of judgement about it. Allah Almighty says several times in the Holy Quran that "Think"

For example, Internet is the latest technological advancement but if someone is stealing money by hacking credit cards of other people, he is still thief and same procedure of Islam is needed to be adopted against this internet thief which is for normal thief.

As far as Apostasy is concerned, The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) is reported to have said: ‘Whosoever changes his religion, Kill Him (man baddala Dinahu faqtuluhu)’”. It is this last quote from the Prophet that forms the basis.

Most of the negative imaging of Islam is done by a relatively small minority of Christians and Jews and those writers and reporters who are under their power. These people are not going to simply stop if we rejected the death penalty for apostasy. They will just find something else to paint Islam negatively. The only way they can stop is if the challenge of Islam is removed and Muslims start behaving like them.

So, I want you to consult with Pious religious scholar of Islam if you have further concerns. I am not scholar and I told you what I knew.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
However, I would like to tell you again here that Islam is the complete code of life. Every act of a Muslim should be according to the Islam and nothing is beyond Islam.
Being a complete code of life does not mean that it tells us about each and every matter of life. General guidance about life, sure, but we have to derive the proper way (in line with those general principles) according to our understanding.

Quote:
If someone thinks that today the entire world is changed and Islamic teachings can not be followed due to this advancement in technology etc
I said nothing of the sort. Many parts, however, need to be evolved according to the requirements of the time and place.

Quote:
contact with pious religious scholars as soon s possible
If I'm dealing with a scientific matter, I'll contact a scientist, not religious scholars who don't even have a preliminary knowledge about science (we have seen the level of their scientific understanding in the recent DNA fiasco). In economic complexities, I would consult an economist. If it is about the rules of some game, I'll ask the players or the rule setters. It it's about a literary theory, I'll go to a writer/critic.

In ethical matters, though, a religious scholar can/should be consulted.

Quote:
Because Islam tells us that we have to consult religious scholars to bring their opinion according to the instructions of Islam for everything which is new and did not happen in past.
Islam tells us to consult people with knowledge. That does not necessarily mean religious scholars. And are you conceding here that Islam does not guide us about each and every thing and thus we should consult scholars about it in the absence of clear guidance?

Quote:
Allah Almighty says several times in the Holy Quran that "Think"
But apparently we only like to blindly follow instead of thinking.

Quote:
If it is culture, we have to follow the rules of our dressing as per the instructions of Islam.
So what dress does Islam recommend? I believe what it says is modest dressing which can be achieved in a variety of dresses including, yes, jeans and T-shirt. Is there a specific type of dress that Islam recommends?

Quote:
As far as Apostasy is concerned, The Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) is reported to have said: ‘Whosoever changes his religion, Kill Him (man baddala Dinahu faqtuluhu)’”. It is this last quote from the Prophet that forms the basis.
Although there is a difference of opinion among scholars on this but I'll ask this: If you think a person who leaves Islam should be killed, how is that compatible with the pompous claim that "Islam is peace"?

Quote:
Most of the negative imaging of Islam is done by a relatively small minority of Christians and Jews and those writers and reporters who are under their power.
Of course, every bad thing that Muslims did (and are doing) was/is a conspiracy of Jews and Christians. Of course.

Quote:
The only way they can stop is if the challenge of Islam is removed and Muslims start behaving like them.
A counter-argument goes like this: Muslims won't leave others in peace until they convert the whole world to Islam. This can be applied to anyone, see?

Linking this back to culture: every society has its own history and over that history certain societal practices and customs develop as a result of the interactions of the people and this is what mainly constitutes the culture. An Arab society has a different culture (which we, more often than not, confuse with Islam), a Persian society quite different and an Indian society different still, and so on.

I do agree that the practices that are unethical and clearly in clash with the teachings of Islam should be abolished. Examples: karo kari, vanni, honor killings and the like. However, general cultural practices which do not have any ethical clash with what people believe are part of the culture and that should be cherished and preserved.

Last edited by Amna; Friday, February 07, 2014 at 02:30 AM. Reason: merged/chain posts

Kainatkhan is on a distinguished road

Now I have completely understood who you are. We have different paths, your path is different and mine is different. You can not understand me and I can not understand you.

However, I would must suggest you to start reading The Holy Quran and the life of the Holy Prophet if you really want to know about Islam. Insha Allah, one day you will find the answer that how Islam is the complete code of Life.

Fee Amanillah.
Old Monday, February 17, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

An Open Letter to Bilawal Bhutto Zardari

Posted by: Omer Memon February 9, 2014

Dear BBZ,

We wish you all the very best with the Sindh Festival. You are doing a great service to the culture of Sindh (at least you feel so).

Analysing how the festival has gone so far, reminds me of an incident, during my time in London. At a restaurant, after having finished my dinner, I asked the waiter if there was any dance club nearby. He guided me to a place at the end of the street. Much to my disappointment, the place turned out to be a strip club (something I disliked and felt disgusted about). To term this festival as promoting the culture of Sindh, reminds me of that waiter’s understanding of the term dance club and how I felt upon being misguided.

God knows how much I wish I am wrong, but it seems unlikely that things will change much for the remaining half of the festival. I, therefore, as a Son of Sindh, again have few innocent questions for you.

1. Starting from the opening ceremony, I myself was amongst the many thousands, if not millions, who opposed the idea of holding the ceremony at the Mohen-jo-Daro. But, I felt a sigh of relief, after the Minsiter for Culture gave the assurance that the archaeological site would not be damaged, explaining and I quote “that Mr Bhutto-Zardari was himself a student of history, and that he was monitoring the event” (Dawn News, Dec 31). History? Archaeology? Same thing? Are you serious? Later, I said to myself, what difference does it make? After all, if you exclude Karachi, and take a look at the rest of the province, it all appears as ruins. So let the event take place at any of the ruins.

2. Secondly, it was great to see your sister perform a song at the opening ceremony. She was very enthusiastic and you must feel very proud for her support. But bad, it was in a language which the masses don’t understand. Worse, it was a genre of music that has nothing to do with Sindh or its culture. Unfortunately, there needs to be a distinction between public and private life. You and your siblings intend to lead this nation one day; your actions are closely watched upon (For a second, imagine Haseena Wajid – Dj’ing at a Rave-party besides DJ Magda). Also, sadly, this was not a school annual function, where every kid is allowed to show their skills and gets appreciation no matter how they perform. (You need to know, no one would blame you if you missed to play musical chairs when you were young, but it’s bad to play it when you are old and it’s late).

3. Thirdly, Can you justify the lavish spending done from poor taxpayer’s money? Flying your Oxford friends and the elites of this country on Chartered 737’s to an event that had nothing Sindhi about it (Telegraph, UK, 2nd Feb). At the very least, inclusions of Abida parveen or Faqirs of Bhit Shah would have justified the event with its theme. (Will there be any accountability of how public’s money was used?)

4. Fourthly, the events that have taken place so far, have failed to attract any attention or participation from general public. Apart, from the opening event which was exclusively for the elite, the rest of the events have failed to pull crowds.

To quote:

“Sindh Festival’s donkey derby competition … the security officials outnumbered the number of spectators that turned up to see the race. Those who did turn up around noon were either reporters or volunteers working for the Sindh Festival….” (Dawn News, 5th Feb.)

And then:

“Deep-sea fishing contest — a part of the ongoing Sindh Festival …. Seven of the 15 registered contesting teams turned up as the others stayed away….” (Dawn News, 7th Feb.)

In addition, there are some other events which are far beyond the reach of the poor (such as the Sufi Night or the Ghazal Night). When you could hold a free concert for your privileged guests out of taxpayer’s money, why could you not hold a free event for the very same people from whose money the event is being held (Someone who can easily afford to pay is not asked to pay, and, on the other hand someone who cannot afford is made to pay… Common sense atop K2 peaks).

There are many more questions that boggle my mind, but due to space constraints, I must stop. But before I finish I must clarify the misconception that I am opposed to you or your Sindh Festival.

I am appreciative of your anti-Taliban stance and as far as cultural festivals are concerned, I strongly believe, such events are the need of the time and must be held. But such events must be carefully planned by “Cultural experts, intellectuals and not by your not-at-all-culturally versed loyalists”. Academic Sessions or Conferences on Sindh could have been held inviting intellectuals to promote the message of peace and love, highlighting teachings of local heroes: Shah Latif, Sachal, Ibrahim Joyo and others. The popularity and public interest in Karachi Literature Festival or Urdu Conference are good examples. Also, cheap tourist trips or short school trips to Sindh’s museums or historical sites might have been organised to increase awareness and promote Sindh’s culture. Free concerts, would have given the underprivileged, a chance to attend events they are normally not welcomed to. But, I myself am not a cultural expert so I wouldn’t comment more on what could have been done.

Unfortunately, the way this Sindh Festival was organised has attracted criticism of the highest kind. Seeing, 20 year olds behave like 12 year olds, is not a delightful sight. You are probably alien to the culture of Sindh, and the conception that your loyalist advisors have about it, is very different from reality. Indeed, reality is just a breeze to it, if not a letdown. In addition, you don’t really need to pull out such publicity stunts (You are expected to be a good general, doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be good foot soldier).

But we are humans, and all humans make mistakes. But it’s best to realise and learn from your mistakes before one finds himself on the top of a mountain of mistakes. Imagine yourself in the bestest amusement park, you have ever been to, and now find yourself here, and you’ll find it more amusing. The challenges facing this province and this country are grievous and a million eyes are watching you.

Welcome to Sindh, Welcome to Pakistan.

Best of Luck.

Sincerely,
A Mango Sindhi

http://blogs.arynews.tv/another-open...hutto-zardari/
Kainatkhan (Wednesday, February 19, 2014)
Old Monday, February 17, 2014

Rida Malik will become famous soon enough

Yeah so PPP is corrupt and the Zard Kids are trying to act all loveable and spending loads of cash so people will take pity on the motherless siblings and hand over their country to them some day.

BUT,

Orya Maqbool's columns are a joke.

And most people complaining about Sindh fest will definitely go enjoy it if they could. And spend the same wads of cash in the same way if they had.

So yeah.
Old Tuesday, February 25, 2014

mussawerbaloch is on a distinguished road

this event should happened or not but one thing there is that is people of sindh have a little sense or they frozen their minds by them people. why why why it is so just because we know that sindhi culture and sindhi people have always a respect to others and specially their leaders they are compel under this.