Monday, May 13, 2024
05:48 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, April 27, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Okay, now that you seem to have you backtracked your persistent demand about evidence and your rage over flashing the picture of DG ISI, here's the thing about your article:

Whether it was ordered by ISI Chief or done by some faction in the ISI - both these statements are accusing the ISI. There is no difference between these statements. The fact that HM did not recognize the people who attacked him is precisely why they have been called "namaloom afraad" in the FIR. HM's statement after recovery is categorically clear about his stance. If you choose to ignore that and give me this article which even fails in properly nitpicking, all I can say is a drowning man will catch at anything.

Nowhere even in this twisted and clearly maligned article is it mentioned that his brother did not accuse anyone. It will only be cleared after further investigation what is what. But considering the virulent campaign against GEO on the media and calls for ban and traitor certificate for HM, this was a relatively mild article.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Buddha (Sunday, April 27, 2014)

usmanwrites is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post

The fact that HM did not recognize the people who attacked him is precisely why they have been called "namaloom afraad" in the FIR. HM's statement after recovery is categorically clear about his stance .
Okay! Hamid Mir did not recognize the attackers so he named them na maloom and that is totally fine but if someone has certain suspicion or he thinks that certain elements can be behind this attack then it's mandatory to mention them under the suspicion part of an FIR which was ignored altogether. Why????

If Hamid mir does not has any suspicion then why he shoul bash ISI at media?
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Okay, now that you seem to have you backtracked about your persistent demand about evidence and your rage over flashing the picture of DG ISI, here's the thing about your article:

Whether it was ordered by ISI Chief or done by some faction in the ISI - both these statements are accusing the ISI. There is no difference between these statements. The fact that HM did not recognize the people who attacked him is precisely why they have been called "namaloom afraad" in the FIR. HM's statement after recovery is categorically clear about his stance.

He has still ample time to substantiate his first statement.

Quote:
If you choose to ignore that and give me this article which even fails in properly nitpicking, all I can say is a drowning man will catch at anything.

people only hear what they want to hear

Quote:
Nowhere even in this twisted and clearly maligned article is it mentioned that his brother did not accuse anyone.
It will only be cleared after further investigation what is what. But considering the virulent campaign against GEO on the media and calls for ban and traitor certificate for HM, this was a relatively mild article.
Let the Judicial commission unfold this mystery.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Okay! Hamid Mir did not recognize the attackers so he named them na maloom and that is totally fine but if someone has certain suspicion or he thinks that certain elements can be behind this attack then it's mandatory to mention them under the suspicion part of an FIR which was altogether. Why????
It's good to read previous comments before rushing to post something. Just read what I said about FIR being lodged before his recovery and not on his behalf. You do realize that HM has been persistently accusing the intelligence agencies since recovery, right?

Quote:
people only hear what they want to hear
Sure. Logic and reasoning has never been in high regard in the land of the pure anyways.

Why we have biased comments on this thread.
One group is anti ISI
Other is anti GEO
Why people can't understand that both are corrupt in their own way.Both share blame in the recent fiasco.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanwrites View Post
Why we have biased comments on this thread.
One group is anti ISI
Other is anti GEO
Why people can't understand that both are corrupt in their own way.Both share blame in the recent fiasco.
HM's incident is being argued here irrespective of Geo-ISI past Karnamas.

Okay, let me clarify what I'm saying:

If ISI functions within its limits and does not mess up with the people of its own country (like the intelligence agencies of other countries do), I have nothing but respect for it. If the military focuses on what it is supposed to do and does not mess up with politics and businesses and does not patronize extremism, I have nothing but respect for it. If, however, it blatantly transgresses those limits and abuses power, I will criticize it and I will demand accountability. This goes for military, this goes for parliament, and this goes for judiciary.

Same thing for media. I think media ethics should be implemented and punishments should be meted out to those violating it. But banning TV channels and networks is only making the situation worse. That should not happen at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Aaqib Javed (Sunday, April 27, 2014)

Quote:
Just read what I said about FIR being lodged before his recovery and not on his behalf. You do realize that HM has been persistently accusing the intelligence agencies.
Oh well then here comes the question. Why wouldn't he lodge FIR. it was an attempt to.murder not a petty crime. He just loves to bash ISI on media. If he is such a law abiding citizen then he should follow legal path in respect of the rule of law instead of indulging himself in empty rhetoric.
After all a citizen of Pakistan has write to modify or file a new FIR if he was not consulted before lodging an FIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post

HM's incident is being argued here irrespective of Geo-ISI past Karnamas.
Title of thread : "Geo should be banned? "

Last edited by Amna; Sunday, April 27, 2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: merged/chain posts
The Following User Says Thank You to usmanwrites For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Sunday, April 27, 2014)

Quote:

Same thing for media. I think media ethics should be implemented and punishments should be meted out to those violating it. But banning TV channels and networks is only making the situation worse. That should not happen at all.
Ok you don't want to ban then what punishment do you suggest. They should hold their ears in their hand for 5 Minutes :p?

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

I am against banning of Geo news.The matter should be decided in court and if the allegations turn out to be baseless then strict punishment should be inflicted on Hamid meer and geo news to set an example for everyone else.

I have heard Army have stopped transmission of geo news in Pakistan.I would seriously like to know the clause of our constitution or law which allows them to do so.Army should stick to its limits.

Geo reacted so irresponsibly and gave a chance to international media to bash ISI.If they cannot prove what they have said then they should should be taught a good lesson and proper inquiry should be carried out as to why they did that.It amounts to treason in my opinion if there was no substance behind what they said about ISI.

Either our agencies and army mend their ways and if they cannot do so then they should learn to accept criticism.

Absolute freedom cannot be given to media.It is not given to media in any country of the world.National interests should be given priority over everything else.