Monday, April 29, 2024
04:51 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about
Default Men are colour blind

Dear Members,

I want some logical points for a debate in favour or against of this topic...

Men are colour blind

Waiting for quick responces. Kindly don't drag the discussion towards a scuffle between male and female, just some logical points...
Have your say...

Regards,
Old Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Dear Muskan
Men are colour blind
Who says tht, is it any one's saying or qoutation? In which sense u r taking about?
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

@ Invincible,

Yes it is a saying and I myself oblivious to the real sense of the quote, but have to write a debate on the topic, so trying to seek assistance from you people.

Regards,

amjad hafeez is on a distinguished road

@muskan
colour blindness is due to the recessive gene present at X chromosome and for females this should be present on both the X chromosomes which is a rare case.Now when this chromosome having this recessive gene is inherited by a male child , and owing to its recessive character it mostly occurs in males.
For more detailed answer check google.com

Fozia Rehman is on a distinguished road

Color Blindness: More Prevalent Among Males
7 percent of the male population—either cannot distinguish red from green, or see red and green differently from most people. This is the commonest form of color blindness, but it affects only .4 percent of women. The fact that color blindness is so much more prevalent among men implies that, like hemophilia, it is carried on the X chromosome, of which men have only one copy. (As in hemophilia, women are protected because they have two X chromosomes; a normal gene on one chromosome can often make up for a defective gene on the other.)

Mayb u r looking for this.....????
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Wounded Healer has a spectacular aura aboutWounded Healer has a spectacular aura about

@ muskan ghuman
as ur going to write a debate, so i dont think that giving medical reasons for colorblindness in men will be sufficient............u can give the basic reason for color blindness but then u should look at the saying "metaphorically"..........u can say that men see everything in black and white.........they cannot reach into the soul of things waghaira............u can also add that nature, for men, is just a thing to be conquered where as women see the true beauty in it...........men are idealistic and materialistic where as women are more romantics............or art for men is just to gain profit from while women see the real reason behind it........... etc.etc.............
i think this saying is meant to be taken metaphorically rather then literally.

hope i have been of some help to u
and veracity of such shall one day vindicate
the vigilant and the virtuous.

@ Amjed & Fozia,

Thanx for the literal explanation of the quote.

@ Wounded healer,

I am agree that for debate the saying should be taken metaphorically. Your points are really very helpful. Thanks for this obliging post.

Regards,

amjad hafeez is on a distinguished road

Acha aik meri b mushkil hai
A SUSPICIOUS PARENT MAKES AN ARTFUL CHILD
while expanding it what points you people will consider?
Administrator

Thanked 1,084 Times in 209 Posts
Leonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud ofLeonidas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskan Ghuman
Men are colour blind
I know this is a little off topic since we are not discussing the medical term "Color Blind" here.. In fact i was surprised to see the first few replies explaining it in the wrong perspective but I found something interesting to share.

Lets take a small test to find out how many of you are color blind.. shall we?

What numbers do you see ?

Answer:

Top-Left=25 | Top-Right=6
Mid-Left=45 | Mid-Right=8
Bottom-Left=56 | Bottom-Right=29

Confirms that am not the victim

Last edited by Leonidas; Wednesday, May 02, 2007 at 05:19 AM.

nimr is on a distinguished road

M not colour blind , i can easily read all digits ! :>