Wednesday, May 15, 2024
11:09 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, August 01, 2014

waqas izhar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post

If I pay for my protection and you don't, how's that equal?

I am paying too. and more than you.

Says who?
says I

Muslims can continue to slaughter privately.

in a Muslim majority?

and when i googled value of human life, it gave me 129,000 dollars.
and moral reasoning isn't constant either. for some it is not logical at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to waqas izhar For This Useful Post:
Muhammad Asim Abbasi (Friday, August 01, 2014)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am paying too. and more than you.
You mean both Muslims and non-Muslims will pay for protection?

Quote:
says I
Then surely you don't expect us to take it seriously?

Quote:
in a Muslim majority?
India is not a Muslim majority country.

Quote:
and when i googled value of human life, it gave me 129,000 dollars.
You googled the wrong term.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Buddha (Friday, August 01, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
You mean both Muslims and non-Muslims will pay for protection?

why do we pay taxes anyways?

Then surely you don't expect us to take it seriously?
why not?

India is not a Muslim majority country.
and it claims to be a secular state and yet muslims have to be private about their affairs

You googled the wrong term.
which term to google?
and moral reasoning isn't constant either. for some it is not logical. googled it.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
why do we pay taxes anyways?
You're evading my question, aren't you? Should I repeat it for your convenience?

Quote:
why not?
Because personal opinions have no bearing on facts.

Quote:
and it claims to be a secular state and yet muslims have to be private about their affairs
No. Not all affairs. Only one 'affair', and once a year. And only in certain states.

Quote:
which term to google?
Read the previous posts.

Quote:
and moral reasoning isn't constant either. for some it is not logical. googled it.
Congratulations.
Buddha (Friday, August 01, 2014)

Farrukh Aziz will become famous soon enough

All those my dear ones ardently advocating the Theocratic Pakistan, don't for God's sake, dodge the reality.
The current bleak state of affairs into which the minorities have been squeezed to live is ostensibly indicative of the fiasco of the major articles of constitution esp. 20 to 36, posing a grave question mark on the writ of the government which has miserably failed to ensure security to the life and assets of minority classes on an equal and rightful footing.
Since the get-go of the year, there have been heaps of reported incidents, say 28, of minorities targeted and crucified sometimes on the ground of alleged blasphemy and in most cases for penny, while the law enforcement agencies seem impotent and numb, throwing them to wolves to be plundered, brutalized, persecuted and forced into exodus. The above figure dearly manifolds if such cases of barbarism in Sindh in general and in Jacobabad in particular are taken into account.
The abductions for ransom, forced conversions, forced marriages, and cold-blooded murders for unidentified motives are a few of many heinous atrocities committed against the non Muslims and the thing worth lamenting is the savage manslayers left at large are brazenly aided and abetted and then fully sheltered by the ‘Sardar Sain”, the de facto D.C and S.P of districts of most interior Sindh, on whose tune the district authorities dance.
Mr. Jinnah vehemently reiterated that holy places of non-Muslims would be given as equal a protection as they have in India. But contrarily and remorsefully neither do they feel the sense of security to live of their own accord nor are their places of worship protected. A number of instances where temples and churches, etc have abominably desecrated and set ablaze, are a slur upon the charter of fundamental rights of the constitution.
Religious-cum-racial intolerance coupled with extremism has been the last straw that breaks the camel’s back, thus compelling me to say today we are where Nazis stood 70 years back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farrukh Aziz For This Useful Post:
Muhammad Asim Abbasi (Friday, August 01, 2014), waqas izhar (Friday, August 01, 2014)

agreed that our state has failed to protect the minorities. do you think secularism will solve these problems? secondly the present state of Pakistan; Is it secular or theocratic or none? and i don't know about article 20 or 36. are they about protection of minorities?

and the way you state it, don't you think the problem is with the people and not with the ideals?

regards

Quote:
oho bhai. everyone pays taxes for protection. the non Muslims will pay lesser. your secular state is not willing to give that leniency to minorities.
Ahan, you’re not talking about ‘jizya’, right? That’s just another ‘proposal’, isn’t it?

Quote:
you say to use logic and reason, i am a lakeer ka faqeer. if i use it and give a proposal you don't consider it. so why then you say one should use reason?
So that was your own proposal, not a fact about Islamic state. I accept it, by all means.

Quote:
and that actually increases its importance. there is an affair that has to be carried out once a year and that too in hiding and fear?
No, it does not ‘increase its importance’. What’s more important are the basic tenants of faith, some of which have to be performed everyday, and there is no hiding and fear about them.

Quote:
there are two concepts of life. moral and material. material views a human being as an animal with no inherent value.
Thank you. Very valuable information. No one’s advocating materialism, though.

Quote:
but then it means that a secular state is a disaster as there is no fixed parameter for right and wrong.
Are you saying that Muslims, as individual Muslims, have no sense of right and wrong?

Quote:
agreed that our state has failed to protect the minorities. do you think secularism will solve these problems?
Yes, there would be no legal channels for mob violence in the name of religion, to name one.
Buddha (Saturday, August 02, 2014)

Quote:
will you accept the condition of Jizya?
No I don't. But you do, don't you? A special tax exclusively for non-Muslims, right?

Quote:
but does your secularism accept it?
I can conjure up hundred mythical things that Secularism does not 'accept'. See the flaw of this kind of reasoning?

Quote:
then why slaughtering in private?
I won't talk about India any more.

Quote:
so what is the value of human life?
How is that related to distinction between spirituality and materialism?

Quote:
aren't they human? don't human beings make mistakes? why do we then need laws?
You mean they won't make mistakes in an 'Islamic' state?

Quote:
how? (i think violence will increase) but how?
Instead of making laws to appease the violence in the name of religion, it would/should be dealt with like any other violence. Violence in the name of race, to name one. Use Google to see how they dealt with it in the US, for instance (instead of making laws to appease the racial prejudices of the people).
Buddha (Saturday, August 02, 2014)

informer59 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
It is called 'chivalry' not discrimination.
Okay let me tell you something after which you yourself decide whether its a chivalry or discrimination.

There is a law that if someone says anything against Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), he will be punished but there isn't any for slaughtering cows (Hindus God). Don't you think there should also be a law for it.

If you think so, there occurs contradiction specially Eid-ul-Azha as you mentioned above.

Secularism avoids these kinds of contradictions as you do not have to make any law for both groups and blasphemy law has to be eliminated from the laws of this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
'My' Muslim brothers? even if you are not a Muslim aren't all human beings alike? aren't they all brothers? so even if you aren't a Muslim does it not make you my brother?
You are getting me wrong. 'Your brothers' refer to the people having same opinion as yours.
Old Saturday, August 02, 2014

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Why does one even want to establish an Islamic state? Does the Quran tells us that? Is there any verse for it? Or Hadith?

If none, then the country better be secular in place of a theological. Equality is best, one would rather be equal than protected and patronized. Ask yourself if you'd prefer to live in a Christian/Hindu/Sikh country or a secular country who doesn't discriminate one on the basis of religion? Muslims in India would prefer a Secular India and Muslims in Canada would prefer a secular Canada. If Muslim minorities everywhere would prefer to live in secular countries why would minorities in Muslim majority countries prefer otherwise? Patronage is bullcrap. It only helps in segregation and apartheid. It only makes 'others'. Equality helps in integration. You can say in the eyes of law everyone is equal.

Justice Bhagwandas taking oath as the chief justice had to say he will protect Islamic Ideology. Imagine a Muslim saying he will protect Christian or Hindu ideology! Such discrepancies only exist in states which refuse to give up theological anchors and move on.

Are fundamental rights of preaching and propagating their religion guaranteed in a theological state? Can anyone other than Muslim preach their religion? Muslims can proselytize others but other can't, which is often a source of violence and threat. A Muslim can marry a Hindu girl after converting her but not vice versa. This is a source of what? Communal trouble? And law doesn't help you either.

It's hard to imagine minorities happy in a theological state. Moreover, the dominant sect is favored over others. Iran is a shia state where sunnis are marginalized and in Saudi Arabia Shias and Sufis are.

Religion is a private matter and it should remain one. Dragging it to politics create problems like the ones I mentioned. Therefore, the best way of polity is to separate religion and the affairs of the state.
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
informer59 (Saturday, August 02, 2014), waqas izhar (Saturday, August 02, 2014)
Closed Thread