Saturday, May 11, 2024
04:43 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, August 29, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Stop spreading lies please.
Hold your horses dude. I'm not a media source that is churning out misinformation. I'm here to give my opinion and it can be right or wrong. And just like you have traced the history of Nawaz's trysts with military (which, btw, no one has denied; it's better to see that before launching into a diatribe), in the same vein I can write an essay about the u-turns that have become a second nature to Imran Khan, Musharraf's pal. But I have neither the time nor inclination to waste my words on him.

I do confess I have perhaps underestimated the chap's stubbornness. Let's see what further theatrics he is yet to stage. Oh and I'm certainly very much interest in seeing how he will "change the status quo". So far, he has only made it worse.

Quote:
Implicitly, he accepted that the civil government has failed to reach a political settlement.
Of course, when all one has on his head is resignation of the PM and dissolution of the parliament, the deadlock is inevitable. The Government accepted five out of six demands, which is really something, but Mr. Khan, as usual, is clinging to the demand of resignation like a leech. And why? Because he thinks he was robbed off his mandate but oh, he has no evidence to present. What a house-wife-crying-out-loud act.

Quote:
Why, then, the honorable Prime Minister "requested" the Army to shift it's focus from the border to the Parliament house?
And it was also Nawaz who was screaming about "third umpires" all this time, right?

Quote:
Oh, you will be at the forefront of that "Anti-Army, Pro-Democracy and what not" bandwagon, won't you?
You seem to give a lot of thought to what and what not I will do. Too bad, it's a matter of supreme indifference to me what you think.

Quote:
Speeches of the members of the Cabinet, in particular Khwaja Asif, in chronological order seemed to be getting bolder despite the fact that Army had kept a safe distance from the parliament in the last 6 years.
And you obviously have no idea when that speech was made. Check out the facts before, yes, spewing out lies.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 3111

Ranjha M S is a jewel in the roughRanjha M S is a jewel in the roughRanjha M S is a jewel in the roughRanjha M S is a jewel in the rough
Default And political circus Goes on and on

IT is such an uncertain part of the world which we live in. Our judiciary and executive wasted 5 precious years to determine whether president enjoys immunity or not (I am talking about erstwhile president Zardari) and even today we don't know. Surely, either of both above mentioned pillars of the state misled common people.

Ongoing political crisis which is holding entire country hostage is no different. Today morning, when whole nation was thinking that nerve-wrecking situation is about to end in Islamabad, but it was not to be. There came Ch Nisar and PM Sharif on the floor of Parliament and baffled everybody by making claims in complete contrast to media stories that kept on flashing whole night. Cutting long story short, TUQ, IK and Govt are on same position as they were a fortnight ago meaning political circus Goes on and on.

Arsalan89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Hold your horses dude. I'm not a media source that is churning out misinformation. I'm here to give my opinion and it can be right or wrong.
Was it? Here I quote you again.

Basically TUQ and IK ka sara josh GHQ ke aik isharay kee maar tha. No more demand for resignation? No more claims of new Pakistan? No more conviction to fight the "monarchy"? Sab kuch beh gya hay ab

Imran Khan demanded PM's resignation even after meeting with the General. Imran Khan claimed he will make a new Pakistan even after meeting the General. Imran Khan claimed he will bring down the "Monarchy" even after meeting the General. Where does "Sab Kuch Beh gaya hai ab" fit in? My Urdu might be weak, but I can understand pretty well what that meant.

But since it was your opinion, let's assume it was wrong, as you yourself put it.

Quote:
And just like you have traced the history of Nawaz's trysts with military (which, btw, no one has denied; it's better to see that before launching into a diatribe), in the same vein I can write an essay about the u-turns that have become a second nature to Imran Khan, Musharraf's pal. But I have neither the time nor inclination to waste my words on him.
I was actually focusing on the current crises. If I wanted to delve deeper, I could have produced a book, let alone as essay, about the humble beginnings of Nawaz Sharif on the lap of Zia-ul-haq.
Talking of "essay", Nawaz Sharif's assault on the Supreme Court could have merited one. Yeah, most certainly.

Quote:
I do confess I have perhaps underestimated the chap's stubbornness. Let's see what further theatrics he is yet to stage. Oh and I'm certainly very much interest in seeing how he will "change the status quo". So far, he has only made it worse.
Our interests overlap on that one.

Quote:
You seem to give a lot of thought to what and what not I will do. Too bad, it's a matter of supreme indifference to me what you think.
Supreme indifference? Woah! But tell you what, that's another lie. If my thoughts were of "supreme indifference" to you, you won't have bothered replying.

To cast a glance on what one writes is enough to form an opinion. Perhaps if you would concentrate less on using florid bloated vocabulary trying to impress I don't know who, and concentrate more on what to say, you would understand that too.

Quote:
And you obviously have no idea when that speech was made. Check out the facts before, yes, spewing out lies.

"That" speech? What speech? I was talking about quite a few speeches of the cabinet members in the past few months. Perhaps if you come out of that "supreme Indifference" mode, you would understand I never singled out any particular speech.
Of course I have no idea when "that" speech was made because I do not know which speech are you talking about.
I would love to know the "lie" part, because "lying" is your department and am sure you don't want to share space, now do you?

The main argument, however, was plain and simple. It was Nawaz Shareef , after trying to stifle the Army for over a year, who begged the Army to interfere. Talking of "Licking Boots"

And then Shareef, the quintessential charlatan, had the audacity to go and lie about it in the Parliament and in front of the entire World. What an unscrupulous, shameless and treacherous thing to call our Prime Minister.

The ISPR release is slap on his face, but he cares not.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Was it? Here I quote you again.

Basically TUQ and IK ka sara josh GHQ ke aik isharay kee maar tha. No more demand for resignation? No more claims of new Pakistan? No more conviction to fight the "monarchy"? Sab kuch beh gya hay ab

Imran Khan demanded PM's resignation even after meeting with the General. Imran Khan claimed he will make a new Pakistan even after meeting the General. Imran Khan claimed he will bring down the "Monarchy" even after meeting the General. Where does "Sab Kuch Beh gaya hai ab" fit in? My Urdu might be weak, but I can understand pretty well what that meant.

But since it was your opinion, let's assume it was wrong, as you yourself put it.
That is right. It was an opinion, as you thankfully managed to grasp after your meaningless twaddle.

Quote:
Supreme indifference? Woah! But tell you what, that's another lie. If my thoughts were of "supreme indifference" to you, you won't have bothered replying.
Thank you for informing me that I’m a liar, although I could hardly care about that (that’s right, supreme indifference about what you think, not what you write on a public forum, about which I certainly will reply). And I bothered to reply to clarify the primary level difference between telling lies and stating an opinion.

Quote:
Perhaps if you would concentrate less on using florid bloated vocabulary trying to impress I don't know who, and concentrate more on what to say, you would understand that too.
I never knew that writing in proper language is “florid bloated vocabulary” (this term certainly falls in that category, though). Tells me a thing or two what you know about the usage of vocabulary and language.

Quote:
"That" speech? What speech? I was talking about quite a few speeches of the cabinet members in the past few months. Perhaps if you come out of that "supreme Indifference" mode, you would understand I never singled out any particular speech.
Here’s what you wrote: “Speeches of the members of the Cabinet, in particular Khwaja Asif, in chronological order seemed to be getting bolder.”

I leave it for the reader to deduce the elementary facts.

Quote:
because "lying" is your department and am sure you don't want to share space
Thank you very much for reminding me once again about my being a liar. It seems as if you are trying to convince yourself by repeating things. Anyway, carry on.

As for the history of Sharif, like I already mentioned, I don’t have time to indulge in debates about history. If a certain man was involved in corruption of any sort in past, this does not make the similar current attitude of another right. An oft-repeated, primary-level argument that you should try, according to your capacity, to understand.

I also mentioned that five out of six demands were already conceded by the government but the stubbornness of Mr. Khan continues to persist, demanding resignation of the PM (because of what reason? God only knows) and waiting for ‘third umpires’. To me, that is hardly anything more than a criminal attitude.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsalan89 View Post

Ironically, the same Nawaz Shareef took a categorical stance against the Armed forces by implicit and explicit support to a private channel who had a track record of maligning the armed forces. Speeches of the members of the Cabinet, in particular Khwaja Asif, in chronological order seemed to be getting bolder despite the fact that Army had kept a safe distance from the parliament in the last 6 years. "Army on the Border, Politicians in the Parliament" rhetoric was never stronger than it was in the last few months.
1.Could you enlighten us that why DG ISI didn't tender resignation when GEO had levelled allegations against him?

2. On what ground PM should bow before IK & step down? Is IK above the resolution of Parliament?

Quote:
1.Could you enlighten us that why DG ISI didn't tender resignation when GEO had levelled allegations against him?

2. On what ground PM should bow before IK & step down? Is IK above the resolution of Parliament?
Because in this country it's gunah-e-kabeera if someone accuses the intelligence and military but becomes 'struggle for democracy' and 'changing the status quo' if everyone from PM to parliament and judiciary to media is slandered without sufficient (to non-existent) evidence. Clowns like Imran run on the fuel of empty rhetoric.

But I'll wait for the more 'truthful' opinion. I must be lying anyways.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Because in this country it's gunah-e-kabeera if someone accuses the intelligence and military but becomes 'struggle for democracy' and 'changing the status quo' if everyone from PM to parliament and judiciary to media is slandered without sufficient (to non-existent) evidence. Clowns like Imran run on the fuel of empty rhetoric.

But I'll wait for the more 'truthful' opinion. I must be lying anyways.
I second you. Lets see how he pleads.

Quote:
That is right. It was an opinion, as you thankfully managed to grasp after your meaningless twaddle. .
Let's go with that story.

Quote:
Thank you for informing me that I’m a liar, although I could hardly care about that (that’s right, supreme indifference about what you think, not what you write on a public forum, about which I certainly will reply). And I bothered to reply to clarify the primary level difference between telling lies and stating an opinion. .
Thank you, Sir. I appreciate you bothered to take time out of your schedule to type a few sentences for me, even though you do not care.

Quote:
I never knew that writing in proper language is “florid bloated vocabulary” (this term certainly falls in that category, though). Tells me a thing or two what you know about the usage of vocabulary and language.
It does fall in that category? Thanks for letting me know. I was actually "supremely indifferent" to this facet of my writing. Not any more. Thanks to you.

Quote:
Here’s what you wrote: “Speeches of the members of the Cabinet, in particular Khwaja Asif, in chronological order seemed to be getting bolder.”

I leave it for the reader to deduce the elementary facts.
I thought we, and not the readers, who are mere bystanders, were having this discussion.

Elementary facts is it? This is where it gets interesting.

"Speeches of the members of the Cabinet, in particular Khwaja Asif, in chronological order seemed to be getting bolder.”

The word used here is Speeches.
Speeches = Collective form of speech. In case you are having trouble comprehending, it means many speeches. Not a single speech.

"In Particular Khwaja Asif" here aims to single out Khwaja Asif and his speeches, not a particular Speech of Khwaja Asif.

Further, the word "Chronological" alludes you, which can only refer to collective speeches. Even the sentence ends with "getting bolder" something which can only be possible if the speeches were collective.

Goals scored by Barcelona strikers this season, in particular Lionel Messi, in a chronological order seemed to be getting better.

Are we talking about a single goal scored by Messi here or many goals scored by Messi?

What was that? leaving it the readers? Any one please?

Primary level difference. Sigh.

Quote:
Thank you very much for reminding me once again about my being a liar. It seems as if you are trying to convince yourself by repeating things. Anyway, carry on.
You are welcome. Ill always be there when you lie, be it about Abul Kalam Azad or Imran Khan. You can always differentiate between your opinion and fact later.

Quote:
As for the history of Sharif, like I already mentioned, I don’t have time to indulge in debates about history. If a certain man was involved in corruption of any sort in past, this does not make the similar current attitude of another right. An oft-repeated, primary-level argument that you should try, according to your capacity, to understand.
It was you, not me who dragged history into it, Sir. I merely put facts in chronological order about the current Nawaz-Army stand-off. You, however, enlightened me about Musharraf and Imran being "pals", which was history. I felt compelled to shed light on Sharif's splendid past.

Quote:
I also mentioned that five out of six demands were already conceded by the government but the stubbornness of Mr. Khan continues to persist, demanding resignation of the PM (because of what reason? God only knows) and waiting for ‘third umpires’. To me, that is hardly anything more than a criminal attitude.
The demands were hardly given any attention for over one and a half year. Now, when the noose it tightening around his neck, Nawaz Shareef had no other choice but to submit to the demands. The problem, though is bigger. If the Parliament exists to safeguard the rights of the people, why, then, the people need to take to streets to beg for their rights? What is the Parliament for?
Justice delayed is Justice denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post

First of all, an attack on a journalist in which he ultimately survives and opening fire over more than 100 people, slaughtering 14 of them, is very different.

Second, Geo has a history of maligning Armed Forces. I do not want to go into that.

Third, Geo did not provide conclusive proof, rather demanded the resignation of the DG ISI for over six hours for absolutely nothing. Model Town incident was clear as day light. Police opened fire, and police is directly under the command of Chief Minister.

Fourth, I do not second Imran Khan's demand of Prime Minister stepping down. I never said that. Where did you get that from?