Monday, April 29, 2024
04:11 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, May 10, 2007

PEERLESS is on a distinguished road
Default Pakistan ka matlab kya?

I am starting a topic which every youth should discuss, I hope everyone would have a say.

Pakistan was achieved after a long lasting and hard struggle. It was built on the blood stream of Muslims. Pakistan was built on an ideology which was Pakistan ka matlab kya La Ila ha IlAllah !!!!. Then what went wrong that after a 6 decades long journey we are still struggling. In 1960 Jawahar Lal Nehru visited Pakistan and Josh Maleeh Abadi in his book gives an account of that visit. He says that when Nehru attended a well come meeting in Pakistan, He delivered his speech in Urdu and said that he was surprised to see non of the speakers speaking Urdu. And Urdu was the base of the Pakistan movement (Hindi Urdu Controversy 1867) . Come on and think

*Is there any fault in our ideology?
*Is Pakistan hijacked by a group who has played no role in its Birth?
*What is the role of common people in the present misery of Pakistan?
*What role should youth paly in the development of a new Pakistan?
*How could we Make our homeland a prosperous country?

jsmawais is on a distinguished road

Pakistan ka matlab kya, La illaha illal-Allah

Some people don't even agree here; they say that Quaid-e-Azam was secular(?!). What is the opinion of the members of this forum on this issue?????

thinking is on a distinguished road

I am starting a topic which every youth should discuss, I hope everyone would have a say.

Pakistan was achieved after a long lasting and hard struggle. It was built on the blood stream of Muslims(this is not that true,,,,,,, pakistan was achieved after political struggle and not an arm struggle,,,,, remember that it was the congress that were more against british that they should quit india). Pakistan was built on an ideology which was Pakistan ka matlab kya La Ila ha IlAllah !!!!. Then what went wrong that after a 6 decades long journey we are still struggling(there are many reasons that we are struggling,,, one of the major being that time was not given to democracy,,, our army is mostly responsible for it,,,, an army which was not responsible for the independence,,,). In 1960 Jawahar Lal Nehru visited Pakistan and Josh Maleeh Abadi in his book gives an account of that visit. He says that when Nehru attended a well come meeting in Pakistan, He delivered his speech in Urdu and said that he was surprised to see non of the speakers speaking Urdu(I dont know why we have centered every thing around urdu,,, urdu was the language of the ppl of central india, mostly muslims,,,,,,,,, but here in pakistan, ppl are mostly punjabis, sindhis, balochis or pukhtoons, then why dont we given importance to these local languages,,, for me urdu is a foreign language imposed on us to dominate our culture and to better understand indian cultures,,,, as i consider urdu as a kin of hindi,,). And Urdu was the base of the Pakistan movement (Hindi Urdu Controversy 1867) . Come on and think

*Is there any fault in our ideology?,,,,, there are some good and bad points,,,, it is neither perfect nor without defects
*Is Pakistan hijacked by a group who has played no role in its Birth? pakistan is hijacked by an elite group,,, some of which were responsible for its birth,,, and some have joined this group recently,,,,,,
*What is the role of common people in the present misery of Pakistan? the common ppl should support democracy and should not favor those who are standing with dictators
*What role should youth paly in the development of a new Pakistan? very difficult question,,, frankly speaking
*How could we Make our homeland a prosperous country? education+democracy+provincial autonomy+unity+etc etc
Old Friday, May 11, 2007

PEERLESS is on a distinguished road

@ thinking

thinking

Al least some one dared to speak on the topic (most intellectuals are deleberately avoiding these debates)

Pakistan was achieved after a long lasting and hard struggle. It was built on the blood stream of Muslims(this is not that true,,,,,,, pakistan was achieved after political struggle and not an arm struggle,,,,, remember that it was the congress that were more against british that they should quit india).

You are right that Pakistan was achived after political struggle but this struggle has deep roots in the armed struggle of surajuddola , Tipu Sultan, Haider Ali and other freedom fighters. Can you deny the fact that they were fighting for muslim cause.
Secondly it is not true that congress believed in armed struggle because Congress was established in 1884 and after that no armed battle awas fought against British colonialism.
Muslims actively took part in 1857 freedom war and after the millions of muslims were brutully killed and hanged publically.We can say that muslims were more involved in insurgency against British than Hindus because british had snatched government from Muslims not Hindus (How could you deny the fact that Pakistan was purely built on political grounds)

In 1960 Jawahar Lal Nehru visited Pakistan and Josh Maleeh Abadi in his book gives an account of that visit. He says that when Nehru attended a well come meeting in Pakistan, He delivered his speech in Urdu and said that he was surprised to see non of the speakers speaking Urdu(I dont know why we have centered every thing around urdu,,, urdu was the language of the ppl of central india, mostly muslims,,,,,,,,, but here in pakistan, ppl are mostly punjabis, sindhis, balochis or pukhtoons, then why dont we given importance to these local languages,,, for me urdu is a foreign language imposed on us to dominate our culture and to better understand indian cultures,,,, as i consider urdu as a kin of hindi,,).

Well I was not saying that why Pakistani official were not speaking Urdu? I was just highlighting that all of them wer speaking English and even after the partition British is ruling Pakistan through their agents.I am i practical life since 1998 and i have experienced that English speaking people are always prefered for jobs even over extra intelligent job seekers (yani hum abhi bhi angraizoon ke sehar se azad nahee ho sakay). I will love if anyone Pakistani official speak punjabi sindhi or Balochi in national and international fronts but If we are feeling proud to speak English than it is wrong.

Thirdly you are wrong in saying that Urdu is a kin of Hindi instead hindi is the offspring of Urdu.
anyway thanks for sharing you views.keep thinking
Old Saturday, May 12, 2007

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking
*Is there any fault in our ideology?,,,,, there are some good and bad points,,,, it is neither perfect nor without defects

Agar nazarya-e-Pakistan mein hi tumhein defects nazar aatey hain to tum Pakistan mein kya kar rahey ho???Try to be perspicacious & look beneath the surface of things.

Congress thi hi aik retired British officer (i.e. A. O. Hume) ki ejaad, tu bhala woh musalmanon kay saath kaisa salook karey gi??? And don't forget that Nehru had affair with Lord Mount Baten's wife and he induced Mount Baten via his wife to make unjust modifications in the Rad Cliffe Award!!!
aur waisey yeh Nehru nay jo baat ki hai woh bhi fitna gari ki hi gharz say ki hogi, jaisa kay abhi L. K. Adwani nay kaha tha kay Quaid-e-Azam aik secular leader thay

NB: In my opinion, Quaid-e-Azam's concept of Pakistan wasn't that of a Western-style secular state; that notion--in my opinion--is a hollow propaganda.

@thinking
I apologize if you felt offended or anything bad. I was trying to expound my own viewpoint; my intention was not to hurt you.

Jazak Allah,

Best regards,
Abdul Rehman.

Last edited by prieti; Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old Saturday, May 12, 2007

thinking is on a distinguished road

dear Peerless and jsmawais,

thank you for your reply and comments. I accept your points whole heartedly......... by i have a few reservations......
Tipu Sultan, Haider Ali and other freedom fighters. Can you deny the fact that they were fighting for muslim cause. (yea, but this has nothing to do with pakistan......... please dont say that our Prophet pbuh and his Pious disciples were fighting for Pakistani cause,,,,,,,,,)

Muslims actively took part in 1857 freedom war and after the millions of muslims were brutully killed and hanged publically.We can say that muslims were more involved in insurgency against British than Hindus because british had snatched government from Muslims not Hindus (How could you deny the fact that Pakistan was purely built on political grounds) (please remember that the 1857 war was started by a hindu Mangal panday,,, and dont forget that Sir Syed Ahmed Khan saved many britishers in that war)

I will love if anyone Pakistani official speak punjabi sindhi or Balochi in national and international fronts but If we are feeling proud to speak English than it is wrong. (I agree more than 100% with you,,, i also dont like English ,,, magar majbori hai,,,,,,,,,, but why was I taught science in my school in urdu? is there any reason,,,,,)

@jsmawais

Agar nazarya-e-Pakistan mein hi tumhein defects nazar aatey hain to tum Pakistan mein kya kar rahey ho???Try to be perspicacious & look beneath the surface of things.(bhai jaan main apnay alaqay main rihta hoon jehaan meray dada par dada paida huay thay,,,, pakistan or no pakistan,,, but i live in my own area)

As my self,,, u all are css aspirants,,, so please it is not for the purpose that u write the true face of history in ur css exam,,,,,,, obviously in css v have to write what we are taght in our education systme whether or not,,,,, but let us not forget that there are some problems,,,, and for me the biggest problem is urdu as a national language and the negligance of other languages,,,, and centrationalization of power,,,, not providing enough autonomy to the provinces,,,,,,

take care