Monday, April 29, 2024
04:21 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Location: Land of Volcanic Eruption (In Day) and Bermuda Triangle (In Night)
aneelbachwani is on a distinguished road
Default Hypocrisy on Blasphemy Law when it comes to cleric Person

When Asia Bibi is been in prison from last 5 years and cannot be given mercy to the Blasphemous remarks "Allegations" and must die as said by court,

- When Junaid Hafez a young professor of BZ Uni returned from Unites States to serve his country, is been in prison waiting for a "Death Sentence" for blasphemous "Allegations" for more then one year,

- When the a gem like Rashid Rehman, the lawyer of Junaid Hafiz is been KILLED just because he has taken and proceeded the case of Junaid.

- When Governor Punjab Salman Taseer been assassinated with 22 bullets and the Killer became the biggest Aashiq e Rasool in the country just because the victim has condemned a Law being misused and wanted to make some reforms.

- When an Ahmadi old man was shot dead in Jail when he was facing a trial of Blasphemy Allegations,

- When 2 Ahmadi young girls aged less then 10 and a 55 years old lady was burnt to death because "someone" in their street was "accused" of making a "Blasphemous remark" on Facebook post (which obviously was never seen by anyone),

- When a Christian couple (including a child yet to born) was thrown to death into a burning Kiln on an "Allegation" of Blasphemy once again,

- When a Shia man was AXED to death by a Policeman as he saw a "Dream" in which The Prophet PBUH himself urged him to Kill that "blasphemous" man !

- When every other day Shia families are targeted in Hazara Quetta ہزارہ کوئٹہ and all over Pakistan for same reason,

THEN,

Why NOT Mullah Junaid Jamshaid is NOT been arrested for his idiot and blasphemous remarks for The Holy Prophet PBUH and His Holy wives? Why Molana Tariq Jameel is now giving special statements and asking him to ask "Forgiveness" to ALLAH ? Same is the case with Aamir Liaqat, Molvi Abdul Aziz, Hafiz Tahir Ashrafi, they have NOT yet been Trialed/Investigated/Arrested/Burnt/Killed in the same manner. WHY??

Is the Forgiveness of Allah is only for the scums like these ? All those people who were killed and persecuted at the name of Blasphemy were not "Eligible" to that criteria of FORGIVENESS??? Were they been similarly asked to seek forgiveness by any Mulana???

Why Asia bibi or Junaid Hafiz who are yet waiting for their Death Sentence can't been asked to seek forgiveness ?

Where is Your Blasphemy Law NOW, Why the sentiments of anyone has been hurt by the rouge statements of these people ?????

Is it only to Persecute the weaker ???

#DoubleStandards #Hypocrisy
Old Thursday, December 04, 2014

Mohammad Ali is on a distinguished road

Aneel Baswani, do not worry, Sunni Tehreek and other Sufi-minded groups have already got an FIR registered against that former singer, none is above the law. He shall be facing the music soon. Minorities shall be respected at any cost, other than "the cost of bearing with a blasphemy". Nobody shall blaspheme. If you go through the law, the law just doesn't guard Islamic faith but it is for all faiths in Pakistan, the law is indiscriminate; only it is projected as a discriminating law by the West and liberal terrorists. In my personal view, Pakistan is threatened by both the Talibani extremists and the liberal/secular extremists. Thank you.

Malik Safdar Abbas is on a distinguished road

One should bear in mind the difference between "Intentionally" and "Unintentionally". The purpose of one's remarks and the way he/she make these remarks is also considered. I am not advocating the blasphemy law, you are right that it is being misused specially in minorities cases but it can be seen clearly that purpose of JJ in his statement was not what it is being taken and now some so called mullas who themselves have made such type of statements have got an opportunity to create ill feelings against tablighi jamat.
abdurraufkhalid (Wednesday, December 10, 2014), kainth (Monday, December 08, 2014)

Occult is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Blasphemy Laws need to be amended!

The laws regarding blasphemy should be revamped in the first place as they are incomplete, undefined and vague. The accuser should be liable to the same punishment as the blasphemer if the accuser is found to have wrongly alleged a person for any reason, personal or not.

Also, the existing laws need to be enforced strictly. The legislature guarantees the protection of the accuser, the accused and any witnesses but in practice, it is not to be seen.

The issue at hand shouldn't be hushed but needs to be dealt with seriousness, immediately, or else, this nation will see more Mumtaz Qadri's rising to glory, more Ahmadis, Shias, Christians, Hindus, lawyers, students, and others being persecuted, only in the name of religion.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

As far as blasphemy and religious bigotry is concerned, Muslims generally and Pakistanis particularly are past hope so I won't even waste my words about that. I just came here because of an interesting comment of Muhammad Ali sahab. Would you like to clarify what this means:

Quote:
liberal terrorists. In my personal view, Pakistan is threatened by both the Talibani extremists and the liberal/secular extremists.
Who do you think is a 'liberal terrorist'? Also, please tell me what constitutes liberal/secular extremism and how is it equally dangerous for Pakistan as Talibani mindset? Thank you.
Old Saturday, December 06, 2014

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneelbachwani View Post
When Asia Bibi is been in prison from last 5 years and cannot be given mercy to the Blasphemous remarks "Allegations" and must die as said by court,

- When Junaid Hafez a young professor of BZ Uni returned from Unites States to serve his country, is been in prison waiting for a "Death Sentence" for blasphemous "Allegations" for more then one year,

- When the a gem like Rashid Rehman, the lawyer of Junaid Hafiz is been KILLED just because he has taken and proceeded the case of Junaid.

- When Governor Punjab Salman Taseer been assassinated with 22 bullets and the Killer became the biggest Aashiq e Rasool in the country just because the victim has condemned a Law being misused and wanted to make some reforms.

- When an Ahmadi old man was shot dead in Jail when he was facing a trial of Blasphemy Allegations,

- When 2 Ahmadi young girls aged less then 10 and a 55 years old lady was burnt to death because "someone" in their street was "accused" of making a "Blasphemous remark" on Facebook post (which obviously was never seen by anyone),

- When a Christian couple (including a child yet to born) was thrown to death into a burning Kiln on an "Allegation" of Blasphemy once again,

- When a Shia man was AXED to death by a Policeman as he saw a "Dream" in which The Prophet PBUH himself urged him to Kill that "blasphemous" man !

- When every other day Shia families are targeted in Hazara Quetta ہزارہ کوئٹہ and all over Pakistan for same reason,

THEN,

Why NOT Mullah Junaid Jamshaid is NOT been arrested for his idiot and blasphemous remarks for The Holy Prophet PBUH and His Holy wives? Why Molana Tariq Jameel is now giving special statements and asking him to ask "Forgiveness" to ALLAH ? Same is the case with Aamir Liaqat, Molvi Abdul Aziz, Hafiz Tahir Ashrafi, they have NOT yet been Trialed/Investigated/Arrested/Burnt/Killed in the same manner. WHY??

Is the Forgiveness of Allah is only for the scums like these ? All those people who were killed and persecuted at the name of Blasphemy were not "Eligible" to that criteria of FORGIVENESS??? Were they been similarly asked to seek forgiveness by any Mulana???

Why Asia bibi or Junaid Hafiz who are yet waiting for their Death Sentence can't been asked to seek forgiveness ?

Where is Your Blasphemy Law NOW, Why the sentiments of anyone has been hurt by the rouge statements of these people ?????

Is it only to Persecute the weaker ???

#DoubleStandards #Hypocrisy
This is what I tried to say in the last section of my post, once. Even in my concluding lines, I had written.

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...paradigms.html

When there are wolves in our hordes then why we are blaming people of other religions, ignorant to our traditions and customs?

However, there are dozens of sects in our religion,but few are very dangerous.
Many among us are either followers (blind) or merely supporters or aspirer of such sects. We don't know the reality. I reiterated the thing in my post by stating one such sect. (I can't say directly but I had pointed out the fact)
http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...untries-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammad Ali View Post
Aneel Baswani, do not worry, Sunni Tehreek and other Sufi-minded groups have already got an FIR registered against that former singer, none is above the law. He shall be facing the music soon. Minorities shall be respected at any cost, other than "the cost of bearing with a blasphemy". Nobody shall blaspheme. If you go through the law, the law just doesn't guard Islamic faith but it is for all faiths in Pakistan, the law is indiscriminate; only it is projected as a discriminating law by the West and liberal terrorists. In my personal view, Pakistan is threatened by both the Talibani extremists and the liberal/secular extremists. Thank you.
(This is not in criticism of your comments.)

Why only these few powerless people? i.e Sunni Tehreek and Sufis...Why not other sects? ( Jab apna daaman paak na ho to wo kaise uthen ge).

Liberal extremism in present day Muslims is the reaction of the Taliban type extremism.
Wrong versions of Islam are the main causes. We can blame liberals for not analysing the fact that like everything in market there is only one genuine thing and others are mere adulterated products and you can't blame the real product for the side-effects of adulterated product.
But if a liberal is more closer to the right version of Islam, you can't blame him for his paradigm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik Safdar Abbas View Post
One should bear in mind the difference between "Intentionally" and "Unintentionally". The purpose of one's remarks and the way he/she make these remarks is also considered. I am not advocating the blasphemy law, you are right that it is being misused specially in minorities cases but it can be seen clearly that purpose of JJ in his statement was not what it is being taken and now some so called mullas who themselves have made such type of statements have got an opportunity to create ill feelings against tablighi jamat.
There is no room for "Intentions" in practical world. Even in Quran there is a place where Allah stopped the Muslims to utter a word (I don't remember the exact word) which were uttered by Jews in wrong intentions. However, Muslims had right intentions but Quran stopped us not to copy the wrong things in "Good Intentions".

Yes, in hereafter you will be judged only by "Intentions", but sorry, not in here. JJ should be punished according to the law. There must be no discrimination in this regard. So, do all other Muslims, if law is there, should be hanged to death. (I think it will include 50-60% of Muslim population).

But If you can't give punishment to JJ. Then as we say in "Jurisprudence Jargon", using the rules of Justice, Equity and Good Conscience
repeal the law.

And finally
If you keep such a company where no due respect is given to the Prophets, their families (Ehl-e-Bait) and their companions, then no wonder, it is quite definite that in your daily life routines, you will too, show such disrespectful gestures.

Saamboy is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to discuss the issue in detail but just because almost on every occasion the law has been abused, doesn't justify that it should be abused yet again against another person. Two bad doesn't make one good.
I'm in sympathy with all the people who have been victims of lynch law in the name of blasphemy. But I also believe this shall stop.
Moreover, considering the intention of JJ, he was clearly in the middle of preaching and wanted to press his point, while doing so he committed a blunder. It's entirely up to the courts to convict him or acquit him but the element of factionalism has so much crept into our society that they are not looking at it as a blunder on part of JJ, but a blunder on part of Deobandi faction.
The solution to the abuse of blasphemy law is that state shall take strict measures to implement the law in it's true spirit and prevent the mob from implementing mob justice in the streets.
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough

Before starting a topic, some important facts I would like to share:
1- "Because of that we ordained for the children of Israel (Jews), that if anyone killed a persona not in retaliation of murder, or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed all mankind" Suraa Al Maeda, Verse 32)
2- Hazrat Umar RA pointing to Kaaba said "I know the importance and significance of you, but a life of Muslim is far more valuable than you" and his this point of view was based on the tradition of Prophet SAWW.
3- The punishment of false accusation (Buhtan) is 80 flogs.
4- Whose responsibility is to judge? Are we the judge? No, it is the responsibility of the state to implement its laws and pursue the course of fair justice with impartiality.
5- Prophet SAWW in His life did forgive many blasphemers, Abu Sufyan, Ikrama bin abu Jahl, Kaab ibn e Zuhair. Prophet SAWW himself gave an order of killing Kaab and Ikrama but they asked for forgiveness from the Prophet SAWW and He forgave them.
6- But after the demise of our Prophet SAWW, His companions never forgave any blasphemer, and Muslim Scholars had a consensus afterward that there is no forgiveness for a blasphemer, however, some disagreed.
7- Now what is blasphemy? This is where all the things are messed up....

Few years back, a christian mother along her daughter was exiled from a city because her daughter in a class room did something sacrilegious in Islamiat class. Now, the thing is, in Islam minorities can't be held for any misdeed. A tradition states "Pen has been taken away from three people" among them one is minor. Similarly, insane person cant be held responsible for his deeds and misdeeds.

The situation in our country is different, we may not ask the intention of the person, we dont bother that because of our extra extremist inclinations how many people are suffering. How can one justify the murder of anyone? Is it right to take justice in our hands? Did we give a chance to those who are lynched by the mob? Where is the justice system? Secondly, as an adage goes "No knowledge is better than little knowledge"
We jump to decisions depending on our little knowledge, we don't know what is blasphemy, we know very little of Islam, the problem is that. And we are very much emotional and sentimental. We are in fact personality-worshipers not followers otherwise we would have known the Islam more than what we today know.
The decision of court against Shakil ur Rehman is also biased. Same is the case with JJ, we don't know the context of his sayings we don't know the reference and jumped to make decision. Salman Taseer was murdered because he said that blasphemy laws need change. Lets say, he was a blasphemer (God forbids I am not a judge, Allah knows everything) who gives the right to Mr. Qadri to kill him? this is the evidence of our flawed system to justice. This incident has given courage to all miscreants to vent their vengeance on one pretext or the other. Justice should be for both parties. A blasphemer as well as those who take justice in their hands, all should be met with justice.

I would like to mention an example from the Muslim era in Spain, there was a time when Chiristian fanaticism took momentum and the act of blasphemy was equated to sainthood. Read the book by stanley lane pool, Being a non-Muslim writer he applauded the wisdom of that era Muslim Qazis, he mentioned in his book, that the Muslim judges knew that Christians are doing this because the Church has instigated them to do such a sacrilegious act so that they may become saints. And he said, therefore, Muslim judges ignored many such incidents because they knew it would only cause further destruction and disintegration.
Now, in our country we are bent to give our own version of justice to whoever is accused of such a heinous act without knowing the whole story. I would like to refer my friends to another tradition of Prophet SAWW regarding those who give fatwaas. Prophet SAWW said that there are 3 kind of Muftis (religious legal experts), one who knows nothing and give decisions in religious matters, one who knows but his decision is wrong and one who knows and give a fair decision" Prophet SAWW warned the first one with punishment, and for second he said there is one "Ajar" because he had a knowledge and tried his best to reach a right decision and for third Prophet SAWW said there are two "Ajar" for him. Now lets see what kind of Muftis we are?

From Muslim History a very well known poet, Mutanabbi, a name which was given to him, and its means "to become a prophet forcefully" This person claimed himself a prophet, which is in fact a blasphemy, he was imprisoned and was asked to seek forgiveness and revert from his false claim. He reverted and was freed by the then court. He rose to great successes because of his poetry and after that incident never a blasphemous word was found in his poetry. So, I think the justice of that era was much better than the prevailing one.

At the end I would like to share a quote of Voltaire "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" lets give a chance to those who are accused of blasphemy, let them make their point clearer.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

So basically Junaid bhai, who preached that secularism is haram and all that, is now hiding in a secular country to save his hide. Well, I suppose hypocrisy just comes very natural to us Muslims. When we are in majority, secularism is haram, and when we are a minority, secularism is the way. The same hypocrisy exists in blasphemy and pretty much every other matter.

Oh and people shooting "hawai fires" about this imaginary thing called "secular/liberal extremist" do enlighten me what it really means (in the Pakistani context) because I think it's nothing more than a figment of confused minds.

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Oh and people shooting "hawai fires" about this imaginary thing called "secular/liberal extremist" do enlighten me what it really means (in the Pakistani context) because I think it's nothing more than a figment of confused minds.
I think it is pointing towards people who have started to think "Declaring Quran" as being created and some "similar thoughts". May be they don't know such things had happened mellenium ago but failed to survive.
And if they know it, they think if "those thoughts" get revived anew then it is possible to bring "Einsteins" in Muslims as well.
Or may be they think religion is the only ailment which is the cause of retarded growth of our society and are still failing to understand the fact as said by Micheal Dibdin
" Unless we hate what we are not, we cannot love what we are."
or when Samual Huntington says
" People are discovering new but often old identities and marching under new but often old flags which lead to wars with new but often old enemies"

Identities...Which some people want to throw in their backs altogether.

They are termed as Liberal extremists because they want to refute religion from each and every field of life with "identities" being last (or may be first) must be thrown as well.
May be the person who coined the term in above mentioned post meant the same thing.
Or may be he meant that Liberal Extremist are some " Armed Groups" like Talibans or some black water type agency or some international pressure groups want to see religion vanished from this zone starting from Ladakh to Sudan...