Wednesday, January 22, 2020
05:18 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Optional subjects > Group VII > Pushto

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
akhtar ali shah's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 39
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
akhtar ali shah is on a distinguished road
Default Leaving the translation part unattempted in the Pushtu Paper

Hello, everyone. I have almost covered the syllabus. However, what concerns me is the translation of unseen passages. Having studied the past papers, I found words in the English passage which were really difficult to translate into Pashtu i.e. molecules, embryonic, perpetuate, penetrating wit etc. I mean are there any Pashtu equivalents of these words, if not exact? And the same goes for the idioms; the idioms aren't taken from the book 'Pohaana'. I do have a book for proverbs, containing more than 1000, but it is difficult to remember them all. The wise option, as I think, would be to cover other topics in the syllabus.

My query is: first, does it matter if I leave the translation questions and attempt others instead, as in the instructions, it is not compulsory to attempt the Q2 and Q3--both involved translation? Second, do you know of any app or website of English to Pashtu?

One more thing: what should be the best strategy to attempt the translation questions?
Please respond.

Thanking you in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
akhtar ali shah's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 39
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
akhtar ali shah is on a distinguished road
Default

Someone please help. Regards.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Land of dreams
Posts: 180
Thanks: 43
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
abidkhan is on a distinguished road
Default

Do not leave translation question.It is time consuming plus fetch you good marks.And if there is no translation in pashtu for any specific word/name/place etc write the same word but in pashtu alphabets .
__________________
"Death of the heart is the ugliest death there is."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Land of dreams
Posts: 180
Thanks: 43
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
abidkhan is on a distinguished road
Default

And yes you can go for other questions too.
__________________
"Death of the heart is the ugliest death there is."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
akhtar ali shah's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 39
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
akhtar ali shah is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abidkhan View Post
Do not leave translation question.It is time consuming plus fetch you good marks.And if there is no translation in pashtu for any specific word/name/place etc write the same word but in pashtu alphabets .
Thank you so much,brother. And what about proverbs?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Land of dreams
Posts: 180
Thanks: 43
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
abidkhan is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, its a hectic job,memorize previous papers proverbs rest you have to depend on your common sense.best of luck.
__________________
"Death of the heart is the ugliest death there is."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 6 Days Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 20
Thanks: 37
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Farie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhtar ali shah View Post
Hello, everyone. I have almost covered the syllabus. However, what concerns me is the translation of unseen passages. Having studied the past papers, I found words in the English passage which were really difficult to translate into Pashtu i.e. molecules, embryonic, perpetuate, penetrating wit etc. I mean are there any Pashtu equivalents of these words, if not exact? And the same goes for the idioms; the idioms aren't taken from the book 'Pohaana'. I do have a book for proverbs, containing more than 1000, but it is difficult to remember them all. The wise option, as I think, would be to cover other topics in the syllabus.

My query is: first, does it matter if I leave the translation questions and attempt others instead, as in the instructions, it is not compulsory to attempt the Q2 and Q3--both involved translation? Second, do you know of any app or website of English to Pashtu?

One more thing: what should be the best strategy to attempt the translation questions?
Please respond.

Thanking you in advance.


kindly tell us what is the book name that contains 1000 proverbs?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 6 Days Ago
akhtar ali shah's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 39
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
akhtar ali shah is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abidkhan View Post
Well, its a hectic job,memorize previous papers proverbs rest you have to depend on your common sense.best of luck.
Dera Manana, Abid.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 6 Days Ago
akhtar ali shah's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 39
Thanks: 6
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
akhtar ali shah is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farie View Post
kindly tell us what is the book name that contains 1000 proverbs?
Rohi Mataloona by Prof.Muhammad Nawaz Tahir.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akhtar ali shah For This Useful Post:
Farie (2 Days Ago)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercantile Law Prepartion letsfly Mercantile Law 2 Sunday, May 11, 2014 02:13 PM
Useful for Geography 2 paper imran memon Geography 0 Monday, May 21, 2012 04:50 PM
C++ portability guide sibgakhan Computer Science 5 Friday, January 26, 2007 07:52 PM
Lexico-thematic coherence in the wasteland last_resort English Literature 0 Tuesday, November 07, 2006 06:46 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.