Sunday, April 28, 2024
09:41 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hussain Shah is on a distinguished road

Pawasta reh shajar sa umeed-e-bahar rakh.

I have also wrote similar kind of letters/mails to the authorities and media persons and will further request others to do the same because it is the right time to show our concerns about the issue which will ultimately give us the desired outcomes.

humble humanbeing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahab_ahqar View Post
I have a few question from all those who are in support of the age relaxation from 28 to 30.

1.What is the guarantee that people will not ask for age relaxation if the upper age limit is raised to 30?
I have firm believe that some people will then be quoting other countries where there is no age limit and will try to justify their cause.

2. If there should be no upper age limit or it should be raised to some X value, why should not we raise the number of attempts to some value X or infinite from three.

There are also so many other fields of life where you can serve your nation and motherland.
In my opinion 28 is a good upper age limit because you have almost six years after graduation to go for CSS.Same is the case with number of attempts. If you fail three times, it means you are not upto that level needed for this exam or you are not able to adjust yourself to the requirments of the exam.
Brother wahab
before musarraf era the maximum age limit is 30 if the parliament can undo the eligibility criteria set by musarraf(i.e graduation) through 18th amendment then y depriving youth from the hope till the age of 30
2. In army too the number of attempts are 2. most of the aspirants who r in favor of raising the age may or may not pass the exams in three chances but there conscience is at rest because they avail all three chances.this question doesn't pinch them if i avail a next chance may be i clear-------
so if the education is considered as a hinderer in the liberty rights of our citizen to become a assembly member then y putting age as a barrier for the dreams of our citizen.
theelegant444 (Saturday, June 12, 2010)
38th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 486

dr.ali.zaidi will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Armed forces Quota

I have observed in this thread that people who want age relaxation have been repeatedly referring to one specific event of time i.e. when Musharraf came into power and changed the age from 30 to 28. People have been making so much huw and cry stating that the age limit must be braught back to its previous state i.e. 30 years.
However, here i would like to inform all my repectable friends that before the age limit of 30 years, there was a time when the age limit was 25 year. My dad who is 10th commoner tells me that during his days the upper age limit was 25 years. So if we keep on changing the rules in the light of retrospective events then a group would emerge who would cry to bring the limit back to 25.
The point that i want to make here is that bringing upper age limit to 30 or more and minimum education to 16 years would prove favorable to some yet adverse to others. It is mere a matter of perception. If you are over 28 and now u have realised that u should have taken CSS exam then you would be on one group while if you are a fresh youthful graduate full of vigor and ambitions then you would like to preserve the present age limits or may want to bring it even lower to 25 or 26.
I am a dental surgeon and my degree was 16 years bachelor degree. I know that even 90% of students who recieve 16 education attain it around 23 or 24 years.. I think it is better that there should be a shorter age limit because i have seen that people procrastinate CSS and usually take their last attempt when its the last year of their age limit. Therefore, some of them who fail to make it even in last attempt realise that they have wasted most precious time running after CSS and now they are too old to start a new fresh energetic career. In this contaxt i would vote for shorter age limits as it would prevent the wastage of precious youth years.
In the end i would like to express here that as i mentioned earlier that age limit is a mixed kind of issue blessing certain while adverse to others. However one thing is adverse for sure that in todays environment when there are not many job opportunities for youth, all of the respectable members of this forum must write letters to politicians and anchors to do away the army induction quota. i am astonshed to see a long thread about the age limit and people doing so many efforts to restore the previous limit but no one is giving attention to injustice of induction. Suppose if they increase the age limit even then the number of seats would remain the same and few will have to sarcifice. But the eradication of army quata is absolutely a win win situation for all for us and REMEMBER that this inducation was also introduced by army dictator.
I would request respectable members use this forum to mobilise the youth to fight for their rights and snatch back what belongs to us

Khush Rahye
Dr. Ali Xaidi
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ali.zaidi For This Useful Post:
Abdussamad Chaudhary (Friday, July 16, 2010)

Janas is on a distinguished road
Default proposal to raise voice for age relaxation.

Dear friends,

we should raise our voice for the age relaxation of public service exams. But we need some concrete platforms. I know that writing articles in newspapers, electronic media and mags would benefit but the concrete idea would be to make a Website or a Blog where all of the aspirants could sign in and then we will have a complete number of aspirants who want age relaxation or are participating in this movement, we can also put up our efforts that each member did for instance
articles, emails, letters sent to authorities and the reply they got from them. Publish all of this on that platform. And we can award medals similar to cssforum does for their efforts. i am sure that together we can acheive this goal. Further i request to cssforum to start a special setup or program so that every aspirant could be part of this movement!

Regards
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janas For This Useful Post:
ahmadbilal (Monday, July 19, 2010), Sheerazi (Thursday, June 17, 2010), theelegant444 (Saturday, June 12, 2010)

jumpstart is on a distinguished road

well I completely agree with your idea and previously I also suggested that we should start a thread in which a poll be organized and then all those names must be forwarded to anchor persons so as they feel that yes; now people are really serious and our voice could make in roads to the media..

@Janas..By the way if you have the experience of developing a Blog then you must start it and I think aspirants would participate in it...We are just away from starting a Blog..If you have the know how of Blogs then do it immediately so as we could raise our voice within time...
Thanks
Old Friday, July 16, 2010

Asif Amin will become famous soon enough

Here is the email addresses of Senators. Plz write email regarding age relaxation.

http://www.senate.gov.pk/lists/emailaddresseslist.htm

---------

17 May 2010, Age relaxation matter was discussed in the Senate Standing Committee, here is the attached link. Please read point # 03.

http://www.senate.gov.pk/House%20Pro...17-05-2010.pdf
Faysal_bot (Friday, July 16, 2010), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Friday, July 16, 2010)

Tags
age limit, age relaxation