Friday, April 26, 2024
08:05 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, February 17, 2010
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaid_gondal View Post
Law Ministry has formulated a draft, and forwarded it to MPA's as well. The points given by me have been taken from the same draft......
Y dun u share the complete text of that draft if u,ve any access to that. Me nd i guess many more ppl out here have asked fr that time n again!!

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
Old Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1512

obaid_gondal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Ranjha View Post
Y dun u share the complete text of that draft if u,ve any access to that. Me nd i guess many more ppl out here have asked fr that time n again!!
I do beg apologies for that. In fact that is a very long paper and i can't type that much. You can take it from any MPA or in previous editions of dawn(I don't remember it's date too) I can post a photocopy of it....

Last edited by Princess Royal; Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 6117, Css 2012 - Roll no 7476

anwaartheravian is on a distinguished road
Default LG amendment bill 2010 tabled in PA

LG amendment bill 2010 tabled in PA

* Draft suggests government appoint independent ‘election authority’ for conducting LG elections for four-year term

Staff Report

LAHORE: The Punjab Local Government (Amendment) Bill 2010 was tabled in the Punjab Assembly on Thursday, seeking legislation to make way for the appointment of administrators in place of district and tehsil nazims in the province.

Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah tabled the amendment bill before the House, in which the provincial government has proposed six major amendments to the LG Ordinance. The government has proposed amendments to sections 150, 159, 164 and insertion of a new provision, section 179-A, after Section 179.

Election authority: The government proposed substitution of Section 150, with the proposed sub-section stating, “The government shall appoint an election authority for conducting elections of local governments for a term of four years.”

Sub-section 2 proposes, “The election authority shall consist of a chairman and not less than two other members.” Sub-section 3 recommends, “No person shall be appointed chairman unless he has been or is qualified to be a judge of a High Court.”

Sub-section 4 says, “A member of the election authority shall be a person who is or has been in the service of Pakistan in BS-20 or above.” It adds, “The government shall determine the terms and conditions of service of the chairman and members.”

Sub-section 6 says, “The election authority shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed.”

Sub-section 7 says, “The election authority shall, subject to the provisions of the ordinance and the rules, regulate its own procedure.”

Sub-section 8 suggests, “The election authority may appoint officers and servants on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.

Sub-section 9 recommends, “It shall be the duty of all executive authorities in the province and all local authorities under the administrative control of the government to assist the election authority in performance of its functions.”

The government also proposed an amendment to Sub-section 1 of Section 159, saying a colon shall be substituted by a full stop and the proviso shall be omitted. The amendment bill has inserted section 179-A with six sub-sections.

According to sub-section 1, “this section shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in this ordinance or in any other law”. Sub-section 2 says “for the purposes of holding next elections for local governments, all zila councils, tehsil councils, town councils, and union councils shall stand dissolved with immediate effect.”

Sub-section 3 suggests, “Consequent upon the dissolution of the councils under sub-section (2), all nazims, naib nazims and member of the councils shall cease to hold their respective offices.”

Sub-section 4 says, “The government shall appoint a person as administrator for a local government to perform the functions and exercise the powers of the nazim, naib nazim and council under the ordinance or any other law.”

Sub-section 5 says, “The government may issue general or special directions to an administrator in the performance of his functions or exercise of powers under sub-section 4.”

Sub-section 6 recommends that “as soon as may be but not later than one hundred and eighty days, the government shall notify a date for holding of election of the local governments”. The proposed draft also sates that in the said ordinance, the words “chief election commissioner” and the words “election commission”, shall be substituted by the words “election authority”.

Speaker Rana Iqbal Ahmad Khan referred the bill to the relevant standing committee for further deliberations.

Law Minister Sanaullah assured the House that the government would not amend the rules to bypass the bill’s submission before the House and would present the draft for an open debate. The Punjab Assembly also took up the Punjab Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority Bill 2010.

Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-1-2010_pg7_13
Old Friday, February 26, 2010
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 13th in Sindh Urban

Frankenstein of css will become famous soon enough
Cool Please address my queries

Hi this is again me the lucky fellow from CSA
Well i was viewing the debate It is very heartening for me to be again in the company such educated and enlightened people( Many of them would be CSPs (They qualified The most DIFFIcult EXAM in the world CSS and many of them are sooooooooooo meritorious )
Sir please enlighten me why the old CSP and their descendent were known to be iron frame work of pakistan.
Why for the last two hundred years the root cause of our under-development , the Village remained to be so much improvised How was it that such an inspiration and devoted cadre was not been able to transform it into a developed portion of the country (Apart from green revolution , which in many people opinion was the result of foreign aid The Indus Basin treaty and World bank saga , chronicle of Pani baieech khaya)

Can any body tell me the circumstances in which the first ICS Sureender nath baneer ji was forced to lresign his service Then why did akhtar hammed khan , Masood khadar posh and even qudrat ullah sahab left their job Was it simply their personlities or they pointed out the flawed system
Are we Pakistani belong to some other species of human race when it is a post world war MAXIM that devolution is the key to progress and local bodies perform well under local participation of people.
Do any one know citizen bodies and community board as they were originally envisaged in the new system

Corruption haan , well DCO was supposed to be the finincial auditor and controler > the finance king So can it be that the elite , prestigious and sooooooooooooo honest DMG people were in any capacity involved in any kind of embezzelment

Rigging was it there I am talking of cases like Attock , baloucistan Did the notion Sanctity of vote exists in pakistan The Awsome performance of Election commision
We are liberated for more than 60 years And the time again to Old system to deliever was more than enough Why was it so that in 2001 there was need to deprive the 55 percent illeterate people from the services of brown sahab

Yeah law and order did detoriated There were fiefdom but the power to be excercized by the bureaucracy Were tthose powers were exercized by any stretch of imagination by the custodians of state.
I am too innocent I am tooooooooooo curious I wana ask more Please help me The dismayed wanderering and desolote probationer of 37 ctp
Waseem Riaz Khan (Saturday, February 27, 2010)