Sunday, May 05, 2024
04:16 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, February 11, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 6117, Css 2012 - Roll no 7476

anwaartheravian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaid_gondal View Post
Nazims used the power to suppress their opponents, victimization and supporting their corrupt friends.
So DMG is the only option. .
What made you people think that Police will come under the sway of DCOs under this new LG Bill? This will never happen

Under the LGO 2001, DCO has 13 deptts, on which DCOs and Provincial secretaries, both excercise control, whereas in the new proposed bill, to end this dichotomy, few departments like health, education and few other departments will be given under full control of DCO, while provincial governemts will fully control the other ones. The posts of EDO Finance and Revenue might also get abolished. But let me also add, that the draft is not final yet, changes could be expected.

Whatever little I have been able to understand from the news, the new LGO will not add any additional attraction to the office of DCO. Previously he has less control over more departments, now he'll have more control over less departments, so the equation almost remains the same.

Regarding Police, it was and it will remain quasi-independent. They might put checks and balances like Public Safety Commissions, but surely DCO will have no authority over DPO. By changing alone the LGO, you cannot make DPOs subservients to DCOs as for this, you have to also ammend Police Order and Criminal Procedure Code; which is a purely federal subject and provinces cannot change it.

But even if all the system is reverted back to pre-devolution level, it is necessary to remember, that DC had only cosmetic authority over police, like issuance of warrants etc, and DCs cannot interfere in the administrative affairs of Police.

Besides, such attempt of revival of executive magistracy, will not stand against the court of law, as it is the violation of the constitution which requires separation of executive and judiciary. On the other hand the protests against curbing of Nazims powers by Media, Tehreek-e-Insaf, PML-Q, MQM and Nazims themselves raise serious doubts on the durability of such Ordinance.

The moral of all my discussion is that if you think that by this upcoming LGO, DMG will become more powerful group than Police, You better Think Again.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Waiting anxousily for the Final Judgement of the Kawish........
well help me then in making one!may we know what ur conventinal wisdom says about this law?since i haven't read about this bill in detail,need others' assistance!
Regards
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

@ all respectable members

If anybody out dere has the text fr the LG amendment bill Punjab, plz do share

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

That is pretty impressive discussion on the law whose contours are not clear yet

I didn't read all the posts and I am not really up to date on this topic but last time I heard LG law was the responsibility of respective provinces. So are we talking about Punjab's LG law?

@waseem gurmani
Bro, I read your first comment about Police-DMG...as far as my understanding goes Police is one dept under Ministry of Interior and Secretary Interior being on the top and most of the funds etc. go through him. The IGs report to him or in some way he is above them so even if we get Nazims to write their ACRs and liberate them from DMG's control, DMG still rules. Ministry of Interior is just one dept they are on top of every ministry.

I hope my understanding is right and might not be truly relevant to your point but just wanted to clarify their respective powers.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 6117, Css 2012 - Roll no 7476

anwaartheravian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullahkhan5 View Post
@waseem gurmani
Bro, I read your first comment about Police-DMG...as far as my understanding goes Police is one dept under Ministry of Interior and Secretary Interior being on the top and most of the funds etc. go through him. The IGs report to him or in some way he is above them so even if we get Nazims to write their ACRs and liberate them from DMG's control, DMG still rules. Ministry of Interior is just one dept they are on top of every ministry.

I hope my understanding is right and might not be truly relevant to your point but just wanted to clarify their respective powers.
I beg to disagree with you. If you think IGP comes under control of Provincial Home secretary, you must be joking. Home secretary cannot even give direct orders to a Sepoy. Provincial Home Secretary is responsible for some petty issues related to law enforcement, like providing co-ordination among police, prisons, child protection bureau, civil defense etc, resolving complaints against unjust ACRs, inter-provincial communication for crime control and hearing complaints against police torture cases.

But at Federal level, yes, IGPs do answer to Federal Secretary Interior, but he is sometimes from DMG and sometimes from Police. Kamal Shah, our last interior secretary, who served on that post for more than 5 years, was a PSP guy. However principally Federal Secretary Interior should be from PSP, while technically, any civil servant can become a Secretary Interior, even if he is from Income Tax group.
Old Friday, February 12, 2010
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

Well I was not joking since I said Ministry of Interior and I meant at the federal level. Yes you are right technically it should be from PSP but after having discussions with couple of DIGs, they say DMGs rule and they are like mafia (not my words)
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdullah Nayyar For This Useful Post:
anwaartheravian (Friday, February 12, 2010)
Old Saturday, February 13, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

Exclamation my conclusion!

aoa all
the debate over Karry Lugar bill didn t ended even after it was passed.i remember various political parties holding a kind of plebscite over the bill.the use???

my point is that the new LG bill has been passed now n there is little use of discussing whether it is good or not.yes if any change is meant then we must carry on with it.but that being the least pursued under this discussion lemme say that now if anything at all should be discussed abt this bill is that how we can survive w/ it?how by our practice,once being w/ the responsibility n authority,we can correct the defects of this bill?
to my mind this bill is no revolution.like many laws of the land,the biggest flaw in it is that it is silent with respect to the accountability.or tell me where the wronged,after being mal-treated by the administrators is to go for justice???
Regards
Sociologist PU (Saturday, February 13, 2010)
Old Monday, February 15, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1512

obaid_gondal is on a distinguished road
Default @ anwaartheravian , abdullahkhan5, KAWISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by anwaartheravian View Post
What made you people think that Police will come under the sway of DCOs under this new LG Bill? This will never happen

Regarding Police, it was and it will remain quasi-independent. They might put checks and balances like Public Safety Commissions, but surely DCO will have no authority over DPO. By changing alone the LGO, you cannot make DPOs subservients to DCOs as for this, you have to also ammend Police Order and Criminal Procedure Code; which is a purely federal subject and provinces cannot change it.

But even if all the system is reverted back to pre-devolution level, it is necessary to remember, that DC had only cosmetic authority over police, like issuance of warrants etc, and DCs cannot interfere in the administrative affairs of Police.

Besides, such attempt of revival of executive magistracy, will not stand against the court of law, as it is the violation of the constitution which requires separation of executive and judiciary. On the other hand the protests against curbing of Nazims powers by Media, Tehreek-e-Insaf, PML-Q, MQM and Nazims themselves raise serious doubts on the durability of such Ordinance.

The moral of all my discussion is that if you think that by this upcoming LGO, DMG will become more powerful group than Police, You better Think Again.
I am sorry i couldn't reply early as I was back to my village. And I am really shocked to see the arguments of my friends. Some of guys have portrayed police and DMG to be rivals institutions ....I am sorry to say, It is not so...

Let me tell you that police and DMG cannot survive without eachother. for a good governance in any district there has to be good coordination between the dco and the dpo. even in the time of DC even then there had to be had good ties between DC and the SP....

And for that coordination DC has certain powers over police and that they are giving. MOREOVER UNIFORMED INSTITUTIONS ARE TO BE UNDER CIVIL CONTROL, LET IT BE ARMY OR POLICE.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by anwaartheravian View Post

Under the LGO 2001, DCO has 13 deptts, on which DCOs and Provincial secretaries, both excercise control, whereas in the new proposed bill, to end this dichotomy, few departments like health, education and few other departments will be given under full control of DCO, while provincial governemts will fully control the other ones. The posts of EDO Finance and Revenue might also get abolished. But let me also add, that the draft is not final yet, changes could be expected.

Whatever little I have been able to understand from the news, the new LGO will not add any additional attraction to the office of DCO. Previously he has less control over more departments, now he'll have more control over less departments, so the equation almost remains the same.
My friend some of the depts would come under direct and complete control of DC while other would remain as they they were in LGO 01. You can't imagine to have GOOD GOVERNANCE while asking secretary to control all the 36 DEO's.
Old Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaid_gondal View Post
I am sorry i couldn't reply early as I was back to my village. And I am really shocked to see the arguments of my friends. Some of guys have portrayed police and DMG to be rivals institutions ....I am sorry to say, It is not so...

Let me tell you that police and DMG cannot survive without eachother. for a good governance in any district there has to be good coordination between the dco and the dpo. even in the time of DC even then there had to be had good ties between DC and the SP....

And for that coordination DC has certain powers over police and that they are giving. MOREOVER UNIFORMED INSTITUTIONS ARE TO BE UNDER CIVIL CONTROL, LET IT BE ARMY OR POLICE.......

My friend some of the depts would come under direct and complete control of DC while other would remain as they they were in LGO 01. You can't imagine to have GOOD GOVERNANCE while asking secretary to control all the 36 DEO's.
which part of ur post is in reply of mine???
Old Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 1512

obaid_gondal is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
which part of ur post is in reply of mine???
I am sorry, I couldn't reply the post earlier:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
my point is that the new LG bill has been passed now n there is little use of discussing whether it is good or not.yes if any change is meant then we must carry on with it.but that being the least pursued under this discussion lemme say that now if anything at all should be discussed abt this bill is that how we can survive w/ it?how by our practice,once being w/ the responsibility n authority,we can correct the defects of this bill?
to my mind this bill is no revolution.like many laws of the land,the biggest flaw in it is that it is silent with respect to the accountability.or tell me where the wronged,after being mal-treated by the administrators is to go for justice???
Regards
Local Body law has not been passed yet. Provincial Assemblies have just passed a Law to end the Nazim rule and to appoint the ADMINISTRATORS.... New Law is yet to be passed.

Law Ministry has formulated a draft, and forwarded it to MPA's as well. The points given by me have been taken from the same draft......