Saturday, April 27, 2024
02:04 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, February 11, 2010

nazlili21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
@ Nazli
Well, we select them and then blame them. If the politician are not honest, why we select them and send them to parliment ? Why we select the same corrupt lot again and again ?
@
sociologist

well tx ned asked Iz there transparancy in Pakistan which iz a democratic country.you answerd yes i answerd no.Pakistan was inhertly a very weak coutry economically,educationally as well as politically.and democracy iz such form of govt which can flourish in a properous and well educated people ok our politician did nothing to make people of Pakistan capable to take decisions of thier own.and even the elections in Pakistan are nt free and fair.here most of the parties are local they dont think about nationalism,most of the parties are inherited parties we have example of PPP Zulfiqar ali Butho,then Benazir they were great Policians bt nw U can c President Zardari,and Bilawal Ithink they dont know the ABC of Politics even then they are nt allowing an experience person to become chairman of this party and our politicians are always busy to decieve innocent peopleby thier false promises.we hope if our common people become educated they then will not be decievd by thier false promises.and we should keeep Hopes only 4m people of Pakistan nt from Politicians Insha Allah common people will bring this change(Transparancy)

Quote:
Well, Your criticism is most welcome and is in good faith, i believe. You are concerned with the condition of your motherland as like every other overseas pakistani. But listining to the peoples who does not know ground realities and have no first-hand knowledge can derail your views about pakistan.
As far statistics, every individual or institution can cook its own statistics in the abscence of an independent fact finder body, but one can always read between the lines !
As for Development in my area, i find the Lahore of today much better then the yester years with Ring Road, underpasses,flyovers, new Traffic Ploice, Rescue 1122 service, child protection bureau and lot of new parks.
As for poverty, u should remember that pakistan is a developing country and lack the resourses that are necessary for the rapid development. Every Governemnet try at its level to imporve the conditions of people and things some time imporve but some time hit by the economic recession like these days. But the situation is not as bad as predicted by some "experts" on channels.

ab itna to haq banta hai logo ka.ok c China and compare it 2 Pakistan they got independence in 1949 and Pakistan in 1947.they are near 2 become super power of world and we?what u think this iz our mistake or polticians blunder and one thing u said Pakistan lack natural resources Pakistan dont lack resources bt due 2 poor planning Pakistan cant uttilise such resources.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old Thursday, February 11, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

I said RESOURCES not NATURAL RESOURCES, but anyhow, Pakistan main konsa tail nikal aya hai ? we have no gold mines and our forest are only 5% of the total area. Seventy five percent of the area has low rain fall and classified as desert or semi-desert.
Well, we have lot of man power (human resources) but that source is useless unless trained. China has trained their human resources and that is why they are doing well.
In these circumstance, i again say pakistan is doing well and if sincere leadership emerges from our nation, we can also follow China, Malaysia and koria.
Old Friday, February 12, 2010

sidra nasir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazlili21 View Post
@
sociologist

well tx ned asked Iz there transparancy in Pakistan which iz a democratic country.you answerd yes i answerd no.Pakistan was inhertly a very weak coutry economically,educationally as well as politically.and democracy iz such form of govt which can flourish in a properous and well educated people ok our politician did nothing to make people of Pakistan capable to take decisions of thier own.and even the elections in Pakistan are nt free and fair.here most of the parties are local they dont think about nationalism,most of the parties are inherited parties we have example of PPP Zulfiqar ali Butho,then Benazir they were great Policians bt nw U can c President Zardari,and Bilawal Ithink they dont know the ABC of Politics even then they are nt allowing an experience person to become chairman of this party and our politicians are always busy to decieve innocent peopleby thier false promises.we hope if our common people become educated they then will not be decievd by thier false promises.and we should keeep Hopes only 4m people of Pakistan nt from Politicians Insha Allah common people will bring this change(Transparancy)

i agree democracy cannot be driven without the support of common man.no doubt education and awareness can bring this support.but the issue lies in defining " the people of pakistan ".
i think now people of our country are segregated into numerous distinct classes and school of thoughts which is the root cause of dispute.some are extremists some are liberals between them an educated 9-5 class suffering with frustration and others uneducated labour class struggling for their bread and butter with large number of dependents in their families, among the youth we can see the unemployed who are fed up of their lives alongwith the luxury addicted coffee cafe culture younsters who hardly think about country and its issues.discrimination in the education policy followed at different levels cannot bring unity in the ideology of these diversified segments of the society.for which segment should the policy be made ? our emotional attachments to these old parties is not going to end and the old game of musical chair among the same old players of our ploitical front will go on like that unless we make sure that we all think in the same way.awareness, cultural set-up and educational standards should be unified to bring change, transparency and democracy through people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidra nasir For This Useful Post:
nazlili21 (Sunday, February 14, 2010), v-irgo (Saturday, February 20, 2010)
Old Sunday, February 14, 2010

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well, Your criticism is most welcome and is in good faith, i believe. You are concerned with the condition of your motherland as like every other overseas pakistani. But listining to the peoples who does not know ground realities and have no first-hand knowledge can derail your views about pakistan.
As far statistics, every individual or institution can cook its own statistics in the abscence of an independent fact finder body, but one can always read between the lines !
As for Development in my area, i find the Lahore of today much better then the yester years with Ring Road, underpasses,flyovers, new Traffic Ploice, Rescue 1122 service, child protection bureau and lot of new parks.
As for poverty, u should remember that pakistan is a developing country and lack the resourses that are necessary for the rapid development. Every Governemnet try at its level to imporve the conditions of people and things some time imporve but some time hit by the economic recession like these days. But the situation is not as bad as predicted by some "experts" on channels.

I think one of my fellows has already responded you in an illustrative mode.

I think I couldn't deliver myself to you.

Let me try to explain it again, I did say that there is a problem named "Pidram Sultan Bood" with Muslim ummah.

I tried to say that

The way of improvement leads towards:

1) Defficiency highlighting
2) Confession of your failures
3) Start of a new journey

Are we having the listening attitude?

Are we ready to confess our failures?

Are we going to a new & right path, a journey of stability and progress?

Answer is, if I am not wrong, No for all above queries.

Kind Regards
deera (Saturday, February 20, 2010), nazlili21 (Sunday, February 14, 2010), v-irgo (Saturday, February 20, 2010)

Quote:
I said RESOURCES not NATURAL RESOURCES, but anyhow, Pakistan main konsa tail nikal aya hai ? we have no gold mines and our forest are only 5% of the total area. Seventy five percent of the area has low rain fall and classified as desert or semi-desert.
Well, we have lot of man power (human resources) but that source is useless unless trained. China has trained their human resources and that is why they are doing well.
In these circumstance, i again say pakistan is doing well and if sincere leadership emerges from our nation, we can also follow China, Malaysia and koria.
@ sociologist

Pakistan main sirif tail nahe boht kuch hai.Pakistan is on 7th num in the world in coal reservoirs.Gold and Copper are precious matels which are very much important 4 economic developmnt of a country. Gold and copper were discovred in Rico Diq (Balochistan)amounting approximatly 6.5 billion were sold on an Australian company on 2.1 billion.Y US has so much intervention in Afghanistan and Pakistan because these countries has alot of natural resources and they want access to these resouces or prevent china 4m approachng to these resevoirs.

and the other thing iz that u already accept my point that Pakistan havnt good and sincere leadership.if Pakistan hvnt such leadership then how there iz transparncy in democracy.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Btw, there is a law passed by the previous Gov. that is called Freedom of Information law. It allows every citizen the right of access to official record. I wonder if it can help in bringing some transparency in our system ?

And as far as coal reserviors, it is of inferior quality. Otherwise several MNC would have been here for mining operation.

Pakistan lacks Natural Resources that are necessary for economic development otherwise it would have in better condition then Dubai.

Anyway, it does not mean that pakistan cant progress economically, we have several other advantages.

@ sociologist

its nt discussion about resources of Pakistan.its about transperancy in democracy in pakistan.u asked k Pakistan main kon sa tail nikal aya hai thats y i told u about natural resources.bt all of us should accept that if in Pakistan there iz a good and sincere leadership.there would be transprncy in democracy.and when democracy and politicians of Pakistan become transparent they would run the country 2wards development even in limited resources.because most of our politicians are corrupt they come and work 4 thier own intrest nt 4 Pakistan.

hotangeleyes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_ned View Post

i do respect your opinion that for you country's situation is not too bad. I have presented statistical data based on the world factbook website (https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/pk.html). According to the said website population of pakistan was estimated 174,578,558 in july 2009. Dr. Farrukh saleem presented the quoted figure of 180 million in a talk show named "kal tak" on dated 3rd february 2009. Your figure is taken from official govt website.

Anyways i will not have a debate on this issue that these figures reflect axaggeration. I just want your thoughts and approach towards the transparancy in the country.

You did write about ending of war on terror. Could you please illustrate your sentense, do you have any time-prediction?? Are all the problems there just because of "war on terror"? Is economy based on investment instead of consumption as you are claiming that it will grow rapidly?

Will you not beleive the shahid javed burki's brief comment on pakistani problems "the only problem of pakistan is institutionalization of policymaking"? Why did this problem not resolve? Answer is "islamabad is not willing to listen, doesn't have listening attitude. All statistical data provided by them is incorrect" according to him after his negotiations with officials.

Kind regards

your liink was very very helpful.....
Alot u can learn from that
thanks again.

Regards

hotangeleyes

aurkn is on a distinguished road
Default Hi all

According to ma opinion we r passing through a critical point.Pakistan is facing huge socio-economic problems because of corrupt practices and prejudices prevailing in the all spheres of administration and justice.People are alienated too much due to a large deviation from the principle of social equality and social justice.For true democratic state accountability must be ensured which we are laking at this point.Rule of Law must be established for proper provision of basic amities of life along with the goal of social development.If all nation decides to stand up-right against corrupt and frivolous elite then the dream of true democratic welfare state is not a greek calends.
Old Monday, February 15, 2010

@ Nazli
Yes, it was not the topic of discussion but somehow it drifted towards the resourses of the country. Baat say baat niklti hai na.
@Aurkn
I am agree with u sir, Pakistani nation has a high degree of alienation at this point of time and most of the people are hopeless regarding their future.
Main causes of the alienation are the testing of two main political forces again and again without any positive results.
Majority now dont care what is going on and it is evident from the fact that no major political movement was able to sustain itself after 1977.
There are few ppl. who take part in political activities and voters turnover is getting low after every election. It is because of the non existance of a third political force which has the confidence of the masses.